Should I fire this guy because he bought his degree from the internet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Digital Zombie

§cooter
New account? Why a new account? messed

Anyways, don't fire him. He seems to be pretty useful for your company.

Bloigen
I fire loads of people over the smallest things. So yeah.

Bardock42
Easy thing. Ask yourself: "Is the Airport better off without hi?" ...if the answer is no...keep him. It#s not aboot what one has done in their past but what he is doing now.

Syren
Don't fire him. Although education counts for a lot, I personally think experience and competence is more beneficial to the workplace. I got great grades and was employed by a solicitors' having just left school, but they had to let me go because I was young and inexperienced in most other ways.

He lied on his resume, so what? He's more than made up for it by being a reliable worker and you like him, you trust him. Screw company poilicy, surely this guy is exempt by now?

Bloigen
FIRE HIM!

Syren
Shut it Bloigen.

Digital Zombie, perhaps this thread would have been better opened in the GDF.

Grand Moff Gav
Fire Him then ruin his life!

bloodboys2blueb
fire him

Storm
I wouldn' t fire him.

And wondering whether this is a test or not.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

GCG
Originally posted by Syren
Don't fire him. Although education counts for a lot, I personally think experience and competence is more beneficial to the workplace. I got great grades and was employed by a solicitors' having just left school, but they had to let me go because I was young and inexperienced in most other ways.

He lied on his resume, so what? He's more than made up for it by being a reliable worker and you like him, you trust him. Screw company poilicy, surely this guy is exempt by now?

What Syren said ; Do Not Fire Him.

Bardock42
Shut it Bloigen.

Digital Zombie, perhaps this thread would have been better opened in the GDF.
Exactly my thoughts....but oh well...now the OTF got it...it'S lost. Don't fire him though....lying, also not the best way to start a working relation, is in no way as bad as losing a useful worker.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
Fire Him then ruin his life!
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
fire him

yes

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ignore all of the 'Fire him' comments in this thread DZ.

T.M
If he stated it on his resume then he didn't lie.

Now if you decide to fire him he will say that you knew he bought it all along and still hired him.

So I think and I am not certain on this but he has done nothing wrong. Firing him could therefore lead to him suing the company for wrongful dismissal.

Bardock42
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ignore all of the 'Fire him' comments in this thread DZ.
Some people....although being sexy (Bloigen), are jsut not realistic on the Internet.

Syren
He didn't, T.M... he claimed the qualification was genuine and then admitted it wasn't when slightly inebriated at DZ's {his boss} house.

Bardock42
Originally posted by T.M

Now if you decide to fire him he will say that you knew he bought it all along and still hired him.

So I think and I am not certain on this but he has done nothing wrong. Firing him could therefore lead to him suing the company for wrongful dismissal.

Oh that too....if he mentioned it on the Application.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Some people....although being sexy (Bloigen), are jsut not realistic on the Internet.

laughing out loud

Storm

Syren
He might have ghosted for a while...

Bloigen
Originally posted by Storm
He' s not a long time member.

Let's kill him.

DarkC
I say that if he's an asset to your company, then keep him.

Syren
Bloigen ~ laughing

Storm
He might have ghosted for a while...
*Shrugs.*
He posted the exact same story on another message board. Hence I was wondering whether it' s a test or not.

Bloigen
*Shrugs.*
He posted the exact same story on another message board. Hence I was wondering whether it' s a test or not.

Happy Dance THE BANANA IS WORKING AGAIN!
I feel so happy.

Bloigen
Originally posted by DarkC
I say that if he's an asset to your company, then keep him. Originally posted by Syren
laughing

No offense Dark, but how is that funny.

Syren
*Shrugs.*

Ah, I see... but he could also genuinely wonder what peoples' opinions might be.

What sort of test?

Syren
Originally posted by Bloigen
No offense Dark, but how is that funny.

Look again.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by T.M

He's right don't fire him, If TM is wrong then Fire him NOW!

Lord Magnus
I have nothing constructive to say. If he does his job and he's good at it...

Bardock42
Look again.

Ah yes, I think you jsut found Darks post funny...cause your sense of humour SUCKS.

Bloigen
Look again.

You really should make that clear. I'm going to have to ban you.

Crap, it's stopped again. Stupid f*cking banana.

Storm
Ah, I see... but he could also genuinely wonder what peoples' opinions might be.

What sort of test?
If I remember correctly, we' ve had such a hypothetical situation or two in the GDF as well, just because they were curious to the members' reactions. Those debates turned out rather tumultuous.

Bardock42
If I remember correctly, we' ve had such a hypothetical situation or two in the GDF as well, just because they were curious to the members' reactions. Those debates turned out rather tumultuous.

Hmm....doesn't ring a bell....what topics were they....now wait, I do tremember...that was this one kid....the guy who said that their friend died because of them eating glass or something.,...stupid...Oh and then there was Sorgo in teh SWF ....telling people he got stabbed...well his roommate did.

Syren

Oh, you mean somone's purposely trying to cause friction for their personal entertainment?

How shameless disgust

GCG
And leaves the tumultousness behind him as members end up in quagmire.

Syren
Quagmire is such an awesome word... we don't hear it often around the OTF.

In fact, quagmire could very well = OTF.

Storm
Could be nothing but I' m just a tad suspicious.

Syren
Understandable. Just doing your job yes

Bardock42
Quagmire is such an awesome word... we don't hear it often around the OTF.

In fact, quagmire could very well = OTF.

I know the guy from Family Guy.

Syren
Liar mad

Bardock42
Liar mad
I do though. We just had some beers yesterday cry

princegoku
i didnt even think people could do that... some people are working hard at degrees, or trying to work towards uni but then there is dishonourable. mind you i dont know if that alone is a good enough reason to fire him

Syren
READ the THREAD yes

Lord Magnus
Howdy folks!

K.Diddy
Fire him.

a1hsauce
Keep him...he hasnt messed things up for you yet...

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You've been Pwned.

BakaXero
rhetorical question: how many people haven't lied on a resume?
alot of people a competent at alot of things. but they have no way of proving it. they are forced to lie, to help them along abit. People are forced to do it to give them a better edge then someone else who may have a better resume but are not as skilled.

Syren
It's standard, I 'decorated the truth' on my CV. Filled in the gaps a little.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.