Alpha Flight VS the Justice League but with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uberking Robert
AF Lineup:
Guardian (regular Mac, not his wife or his teenage clone)
Sasquatch (not a girl)
Northstar
Aurora
Shaman
Snowbird
Box
Puck
Marrina

Partial nods to...yeah, that guy who made that other AF VS JLA thread. The twist is that all the members of AF have serious powerups for this battle. Guardian's blasts are powerful enough to kill the Hulk and his other powers (force-field, flight, etc.) are summarily upgraded to a similar par. Sasquatch doesn't need to worry about Tanaraq taking over and is as powerful as the Hulk (maybe as strong as Hulk is in most of his fights with Thor-significantly stronger than the Thunder God) and also has such upgrades in durability and leaping. Northstar and Aurora are each as fast as light and can actually go that fast due to comic book physics. They each have all the same powers as the Flash and Aurora doesn't need to worry about her multiple personalities fighting each other when she's in battle. Shaman is a Doctor Fate-level magician (but not as powerful as Doctor Strange because if he was then he could just do this whole thing on his own). Marrina is Namor's equal and the fight takes place near water. The Sasquatch Snowbird can turn into is also powered up like Lankowski is. Box...yeah, you get it. Puck is about the same as ever tho.

Justice League lineup:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
The Green Lantern (Hal, I guess, tho I'm not very familiar with any version of GL, but from what I can tell this guy is the "main" version of him)
The FLash

Another twist is that the inherent weaknesses of the characters are fully in place. In other words, like in the comics the Flash for some unexplainable reason isn't going to simply take out all the enemies in 1/9999999999th of a second (this also goes for Northstar and Aurora), Superman, Wonder Woman and the Martian Manhunter won't actually attack at super-speed, MM won't simply zap everybody's brains and Wonder Woman won't automatically rely on her lasso.

There is no prep time. They're fighting in the middle of downtown Toronto. Discuss.

Zarathustra
I think the more important question is why do you hate Toronto so?

Uberking Robert
Because when I went there on vacation it sucked. The garbage strike was on so the city smelled foul. The Silver Snail, advertised as the greatest comic book store in teh universe was nowhere near half as impressive as I imagined it would be. They wouldn't even let me flip through their stuff if I didn't buy it first even though most other places I'd been to would. The line to get into the CN tower was like half a kilometre long.

I hate the Skydome, I hate the CN Tower too
I hate Nathan Phillips Square and the Ontario Zoo
The rent's too high, the air's unclean
The beaches are dirty and the people are mean

And the women are big and the men are dumb
And the children are loopy cause they live in a slum
The water is polluted and the mayor's a dork
The people dress real bad and they think they're New York
In Torontoooo-o-o-o, Ontario-oh-oh...uh oh!

superman420sexy
Ok did u just now make that poem? Uhm I'd say he also hates the JL

Uberking Robert
No, I stole the poem from a comedy troup called Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie.

Uberking Robert
bump

Uberking Robert
Bump.

Uberking Robert
BUMP

GODSCRIBE
bump

Scoobless
bump

GODSCRIBE
bump

Uberking Robert
bump

Uberking Robert
bump

King_Mungi
am I suppose to reply seriously or just say bump?

Uberking Robert
You should reply seriously.

King_Mungi
Just make some comments:
-Guardian does have Hulk killing blasts, he killed Sasquatch and even took down Galactus. As Heather said if you have a brain I can shut you down.
-Sasquatch classic was pretty much the Canadian Hulk , just allow Sasquatch to turn into Tanaraq. That way his stats go straight up, Exiles Tanaraq was in another league.
-Yeah Northstar and Aurora can go 99% the speed of light, but can't since it would cause them great harm to themselves and others. If they are allowed to do this the JLA are in trouble, since they could help prevent a speedblitz and use their light abilities such as hypnotizm and flashbang. Or even stale till Shaman or Talisman does something.
-Concerning Shaman with a interview from John Bryne. " If you want to sum it up . . . he's Doctor Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world."
-Snowbird can also compell people to do her bidding
-Marrina was Namor's equal just not in strength , but she is faster and has a oil acid attack or whatever it was.

Uberking Robert
BUMP

Uberking Robert
bump

Uberking Robert
bump

Uberking Robert
bump

Uberking Robert
bump.

Uberking Robert
BADABINGBADABUMP!

WrathfulDwarf
*Slams Axe into the heart of the thread*

No more bumping

Closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.