Britain Of 2005

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
My country is spiraling out of control.

We have a government which is largely corrupt and stupid , who can't even control half of their own members and are to damn afraid to lose their own positions to do anything radical .

People get killed in Britain for little petty things... sometimes just for the sake of it . London is called 'new york circa 1940' because of it's great similarities to that iconic period.

People enjoy going to prison, they get three meals a day , can play the ps2 as long as they want and get paid.

Our prime minister is a glorified jackass who is to busy trying to claim himself as 'president of the Eu' then working on his own country.

His wife is a sleazy money grubbing ***** who stole* money from People who needed it , even though she is already filthy rich.

Ghetto's are popping up left right and center and racial hate is on the uprise.

Children are no longer safe upon the street's as filthy paedophiles hide here and their , getting daring enough to steal peoples children from their own houses to use in their sick sexual acts.

Television is full of shit , replacing what little meaningful shows their were with reality bullcrap.

A country wide trend of Chav's plague the street's disrupting the peace and harming the elderly and unsuspecting .

The benefit's system is corrupt beyond belief with it now being easier and more profitable to sign on and live in a council house/flat then work and make a honest living.

sometimes i hate my country.

-Grey Fox

* I don't give a shit what the media say , she took money that she didn't need for no particular purpose and left a appallingly small amount for those who did need it.

Uberking Robert
Wow. That all really, really sucks. And feminism and political correctness have seriously dangerous strangleholds in that country. IIRC an all-female political party is forming in British Parliament.

And I haven't seen a good British TV show since Red Dwarf (which was only really good before they got that woman on the cast, basically meaning in the earlier episodes) or Blackadder.

Uberking Robert
And of course there are other problems, EG beef is unsafe to eat in that country because of mad cow disease, you folks haven't had a man on the throne in something like six decades (so if Britain is pussifed, now you know why), etc. And by the way, the year right now is 2006, not 2005, unless the British use a different calendar than Canadians (though I doubt it).

Ushgarak
Gosh, I wish we lived in Victorian times, where life was so much better with all the child labour and endless repression and constant disease.

I get staggeringly sick of this idea that times are somehow getting worse. My god, what is wrong with people's memories or ability to check the past? I goggle at the idea that anyone could think times were once better, or even that they have gotten worse lately.

Politicans are less corrupt now than as recently as ten years ago under the last Tory administration, which was also riddled with such problems- just look at what the Thatcher family is tjed up in these days. The beneift system has always been awkward but is still in better shape now than it was before.

In fact, the last ten years have seeen huge economic growth in the UK, controlled inflation, lowering unemployment... this is one of the best times this country has seen in ages- and if you are still miserable, then that;s because the world as a whole is pretty lousy; don't go thinking that the UK is on the slide. Heck, it is still within living memory when the country was on the verge of a total economic breakdown, we had regular times during the day when there was no power, and unemployment was racing up in the millions. Today there is prosperity and opportunity. No, it's not perfect, but nor is anywhere, and continuous bitching is futile.

WrathfulDwarf
I blame the British for cancelling Benny Hill Show. I loved that show. How could they do such a thing?!

grey fox
I'll ***** if I damn well want too , sure 'Victorian era' economics were bad, but then in 100 years someone will probably say the same.

I didn't start on the bird-flu and such because that's a load of bunk which has been hyped so much that people consider it the plauge now, and i have nothing against womens groups ...unless they try to cram their opinions down your throats (the same reason i hate religion)

Wonderer
Originally posted by grey fox
My country is spiraling out of control.

We have a government which is largely corrupt and stupid , who can't even control half of their own members and are to damn afraid to lose their own positions to do anything radical .

People get killed in Britain for little petty things... sometimes just for the sake of it . London is called 'new york circa 1940' because of it's great similarities to that iconic period.

People enjoy going to prison, they get three meals a day , can play the ps2 as long as they want and get paid.

Our prime minister is a glorified jackass who is to busy trying to claim himself as 'president of the Eu' then working on his own country.

His wife is a sleazy money grubbing ***** who stole* money from People who needed it , even though she is already filthy rich.

Ghetto's are popping up left right and center and racial hate is on the uprise.

Children are no longer safe upon the street's as filthy paedophiles hide here and their , getting daring enough to steal peoples children from their own houses to use in their sick sexual acts.

Television is full of shit , replacing what little meaningful shows their were with reality bullcrap.

This description exactly fits my country as well. I guess it's the same all over the world.

Fire
ofc, he just described the opinion of millions of uninformed (no offence but that's what it is) people in the western world (that includes White south africa IMO) except for the small part about Blair and his wife.

Everything else can be translated to every other western country.

IMO it is populist propaganda.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Wonderer
This description exactly fits my country as well. I guess it's the same all over the world.

Sounds more like silly little people who just want everything better are littered all over the world.

Ush summoned up this thread it should now be closed!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
Sounds more like silly little people who just want everything better are littered all over the world.

Ush summoned up this thread it should now be closed!

So speaks Tory boy!

samuraizero
chavs 4 life homeboy!

mechmoggy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
this is one of the best times this country has seen in ages-

You've never had it so good! shifty

And to quote the labour campaign song, "Things can only get better". By which I mean we've won the ashes, and next we'll win the world cup. England is tops. thumb up

grey fox
Ok ... maybe i was a little rash with some of the things i said , but i still stand next to the whole Blair thing . He needs the boot and quick like before him and his wife decide to bugger up the system even more

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.