Lord Hoth vs. Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Who takes this? Battle's on Korriban.

Lightsnake
How the hell could Hoth LOSE this?

Monthor
No try

How the hell could Kyle WIN this?

Fishy
Hoth may walk around looking at the birds and the tree's and then fall over a rock and get his face eaten by a lion, making him blind at that time Kyle will jump in and stab him in the head..

Otherwise Hoth would win.

Darth_Glentract
Hoth wins.

calvin44
WTF is up with the new Uber vs. weakling threads?

Monthor
I wouldn't say Kyle is a weakling but he is no match against Hoth

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by calvin44
WTF is up with the new Uber vs. weakling threads?

Excuse me, but Kyle will give Hoth a major run for his money. Hoth probably will win, but Kyle has a very good chance of winning.

Lord Darkstar
Hoth wins this

Darth Katarn
I agree kyle is good but no match for Hoth

Darth_Glentract
How good do you think Hoth is, guys? I'm more or less the person who first mentioned him on KMC and built up a rep about him, but even I know he would be hard pressed to defeat Kyle.

Unless this is NJO Kyle, rather then DN Kyle. Even still it would be very hard, but very much in Hoth's favor.

Captain REX
Well, think about it...

The rank 'Lord' was above or about equivalent with Jedi Master, right? And he was, essentially, a General leading the Army of Light, or at least the Third Legion.

Darth_Glentract
A Jedi Lord is just a term they give to Jedi Masters seemingly randomly, like Sith Lord next to Sith Master. They are the same, but just a different term for it.

Hoth was the top dog in the Order, but Kyle would still give him a hard time from what I have seen.

Captain REX
Oh, Kyle would give him a hard time, but Hoth would definitely win.

calvin44
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
A Jedi Lord is just a term they give to Jedi Masters seemingly randomly, like Sith Lord next to Sith Master. They are the same, but just a different term for it.

Hoth was the top dog in the Order, but Kyle would still give him a hard time from what I have seen.
When has Katarn done anything on Hoth's level?

Darth_Glentract
When has Hoth done anything out of Kyle's league?

Kyle helped teach people like Corran Horn and Kyp. He probably taugh Luke a few things too. Kyle defeated mutiple powerful Dark Jedi even when he had only had a few months of training. Kyle was also chosen as the leader of mutiple battles during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He's got tactical skill, force skill, and lightsaber skills. Hoth is more powerful, but Kyle has been training people for over 15 years.

calvin44
That isn't proof. Luke teached Kyp Durron, and how could Kyle teach luke anything, when Luke was the last remaining jedi at one point, and started the new order? He was chosen cause he was good for the time period, if he was in Lord Hoth's time, he definatley would not be a general; whereas Lord Hoth( Supreme Commander of the Army of Light) led the jedi in the battle of Ruusan(one of the largest and most important battles in history).

Darth_Glentract
That isn't proof. Luke teached Kyp Durron, and how could Kyle teach luke anything, when Luke was the last remaining jedi at one point, and started the new order?

Lets see you prove that Kyp learned everything in the year or two before Kyle got there.

Kyle wrote the book(literally) on espionage. He taught all the Jedi since he was the combat instructor. Let me put it another way. My instructor has been training for six times longer then me(he teaches Taekwondo), but I can still show him a thing or two. Overall, he teaches me, but on the flipside, I also teach him. It's the same with Luke and Kyle.

He was chosen cause he was good for the time period, if he was in Lord Hoth's time, he definatley would not be a general;

Wow. People are so ignorant towards the post-ROTJ Jedi. As a whole, the Old Jedi were stroner, but per person they were a lot weaker. In Kyle's time we have people controlling black holes, killing Ancient Sith superweapons, fighting Vong warriors, killing Dark Jedi, ect. The main advantage of people in Hoth's time was experince, which is neutralized by post-ROTJ guys because they spent all of their time fighting.

whereas Lord Hoth( Supreme Commander of the Army of Light) led the jedi in the battle of Ruusan(one of the largest and most important battles in history).

Where Lord Hoth died? Kyp Durron was one of the top guys in the sixth or seventh battle of Coruscant, a battle that was far more important then the battle of Ruusan.

calvin44
Where Lord Hoth died? Kyp Durron was one of the top guys in the sixth or seventh battle of Coruscant, a battle that was far more important then the battle of Ruusan.
Are we talking about Kyle or Kyp now?

Darth_Glentract
Whoops. I was writing an answer to that other thread with Kyp in it at the same time. Still, any answers to what I wrote about Kyle?

calvin44
lol.

Darth_Glentract
Still, any answers to what I wrote about Kyle?

calvin44
Hoth was killed by a thought bomb, that would smother Kyle too.

Darth_Glentract
Hoth was killed by a thought bomb, that would smother Kyle too.

Proof?

calvin44
There is no need in this instance, anybiody would agree that Kaan's Thought-Bomb would kill Kyle.

Darth_Glentract
There is no need in this instance, anybiody would agree that Kaan's Thought-Bomb would kill Kyle.

No, obviously anybody would not as I don't and I am a body. There is infact a need and I suggest you provide proof to back up your claim.

calvin44
I wasn'yt talking about you .

Darth_Glentract
Calvin, I am part of anybody.

Darth Faunus
Kyle would put up a hell of a fight, but I don't see him coming out of this alive.

calvin44
anybody except you.

Darth_Glentract
anybody except you.

What makes you think you know what everyone else thinks?

Dark Aristokrat

Proof?

Isn't that annoying after awhile?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Proof?

Isn't that annoying after awhile?

Why are you doing that? I haven't asked for proof in a full ten minutes. stick out tongue

It just seems like more and more people are making unsupported claims recently.

calvin44
what makes you think they won't agree with me?

Darth_Glentract
what makes you think they won't?

What are you referring to?

calvin44
What makes you think you know what everyone else thinks?

Darth_Glentract
I don't need to provide proof that you are wrong until you show that you are right.

calvin44
That isn't proof. Luke teached Kyp Durron, and how could Kyle teach luke anything, when Luke was the last remaining jedi at one point, and started the new order? He was chosen cause he was good for the time period, if he was in Lord Hoth's time, he definatley would not be a general; whereas Lord Hoth( Supreme Commander of the Army of Light) led the jedi in the battle of Ruusan(one of the largest and most important battles in history).

Dark Aristokrat
No, they always do that. It's just more noticeable now since there's little opposition for you.

Darth_Glentract
calvin, what does that post have to do with the thought bomb?

calvin44
huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.