Sliverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 1- long pig vs. Blair Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
Alright, we finally get to start this shindig...

Long Pig
Iron Man 2020- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ironman2020.htm

Speedfreek- http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvi...speedfreek.html

Radioactive Man (Marvel)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_Man_

Animal Man- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Man

Blair Wind
Duplicate Boy- http://www.dragonhero.com/lsh/lallor/duplicate-boy.html

Powerhouse- http://www.marveldirectory.com/teams/powerpack.htm
this one states that the Gravity power as become a long ranged attack, and that he has a healing factor (read his siblings too)
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/misterhappiest/pakbios.html
talks about his suit and his high gravity punch
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/cszerog.html

Wendigo (Earth X)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Other_culture

Crystal- http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/c/crystal.htm

1 hour of prep for each team in a big, unescapable white room. It's assumed that no one on either team will attempt to kill his/her teammates during prep. After the hour, they are teleported to...

Location: This fight takes place in a generic empty city. Tall buildings, wide streets, lightpoles, etc. Standing in opposite corners are 2 massive, 100 story buildings. The teams start on the top floor of each of these buildings. 100 story replicas of the Batpole (y'know... the one he slides down to get to the Batcave) are attatched outside of a window on the 100th floor, so that the grounded contestants can get down faster if the flying ones don't feel like giving them a lift...

Dark Urizen
I'm rooting for this guy Blar Wind whoever he is eek!

Hey, when does Blair wind fight? laughing out loud

Dizzle
... shut up kid... Hey look, someone just blew that evil Mimic's head off!

grey fox
I can't wait to see hundreds of wendigo's bursting out of that building like fat out of a artery.....

Dizzle
Ok, let the contestants post first... Don't post in the fight threads unless you want to ask a question or vote. Other than that, let the people argue in internet silence.

Blair Wind
mad who is this Blar Wind?? dammit that makes me mad.....

anyways good luck LP....

Dizzle
Sorry sir. Typos happen. But only when I'm typing thread titles...

Blair Wind
Prep: (1 hour)
Duplicate Boy, Crystal and Powerhouse meet up and discuss their different powers. They see Wendigo ans assume he is a animal type with tracking skills (deadly animals do have smell to hunt, all that good stuff)

45 min

While power house rests, DB gets taught by Crystal how to fly manipluting the air, how to create fire spontanously, create water and rain and make water sprout from the earth, and to cause earthquakes. Together they can create winds up 230 mph, and use different methods with firestorms, typhoon, and duststorms.

30 min:

Duplicate Boy is training with Powerhouse's powers, creating gravity fields, making anti- gravity fields, flying, and Powerhouse explains his energy absorbtion. Powerhouse then teaches him to apply the field to himself and a different gravity field for the surrounding area. In essense he makes an anti-gravity field around himself to fly, use a type of semi bubble forcefield (physical attacks would mean less with less gravity, they would only push themselves backwards) while at the same time using a bigger gravity field to make everyone else be pushed downwards (makes everyone much slower than normal) and away, having to resist being pushed backwards (making speedsters slower than normal). He also teaches him to use the high gravity punch. Also according to the last bio it says he is safe in radiation, safe in a vacuum, and does ok against heat and cold. He teaches Duplicate Boy how to control his body to this end. Working together their gravity fields are twice as strong as Powerhouses original fields.

15 minutes:

With 15 minutes left to go Powerhouse creates anit grav protection sheilds for the three members, Duplicate Boy copies his powers for the moment double layering the shields. Crytal prepares herself mentally to fight, and Wendigo, getting tired of waiting and not being able to attack anyone, starts smashing himself, creating LOTS of dupes.

Teleporting:

Once at the buidling, the three flyers head out of the building, leaving the Wendigos alone. Crystal, trying to find out where the other team might be, controls the air from the city and directs it towards the Wendigos too see if they can find a scent. Once found, the Wendigo army goes crazy, trying to find the their next source of food. DB and Powerhouse create gravity fields pushing the opposite direction away from themselves so any incoming attacks would get deflected. Ironman and Speedfreak would probably come in first, but with their armor gravity would be a much potent force for them to deal with. The Wendigos quickly beat up on Speedfreak with varouis weapons found in the city and their bare hands, while Crystal noticing that the ironman of 2020 (like tony) had a human inside, or at least taking that estimated guess. She then ignites fire (inside) his armour (creating heat within himsef and the armour, effectively putting him out). While this is happening DB and powerhouse keep up on the gravity fields with them taking turns giving Animal Man and Radioactive Man highspeed high gravity punches, making Animal work hard to move and RM use his force fields. Now I'm assuming that Radioactive Man's radiation is akin to that of radioactive decay in unstable elements. Generally this is a combination of alpha, beta and gamma radiation from what I can remember. Alpha and beta radiation are particles so they are susceptible to gravity (since they have mass)
Since that is the case any radiation given out by RM would actually go BACK to him and any of his teamates. (RM himself cannot absorb LARGE amounts of radiation before it hurts even him). With Speedfreak having been taken over by the Wendigos and Crytal having taken out the only person that she could burn without him doing a stop, drop and roll. They focus on the remaining two members (Animal Man and RM) Crytal makes a tornado of 115 miles per hour to distract RM while his radiation output is being deflected towards Animal Man, and Crytal also makes a light wind to make the Wendigos have Animal Mans scent. The army takes him on while RM is quickly taken down by consecutive high speed high gravity punches. Crytal then turns her attention towards Animal Man (who has been weakened by radiation) and while Powewhouse makes a gravity feild to slow him down, DB switches too Crytals powers creating a tornado in Animal Mans direction at speeds of 230 mph with combined heat on the earth effectivily making a fire storm and an earthquake, and while animal man is disoriented Powerhouse comes in and delivers a few high gravity punches, and then lets the Wendigos eat him, but not before DB takes his powers, curious as to what they really where....The other team has been defeated

grey fox
I'd like to ask wether or not wendigo/Jamie counts as an animal ?

DarkCrawler
Probably not, since it's mystical by nature.

Blair Wind
I dont think so, its a curse, not an animal. Plus LP himself said if the animal doesnt want to be influenced then Animal Man cant control them. Plus his mind is so savage it would be WORSE than an animal, since they always have that hunger. So trying to communicate with them wouldnt work and might actually backfire and hurt AM. and as DC said its mystical in nature...so that would be a no

grey fox
I wasn't considering communicating with it , more along the lines of copying it's class 75 strength and possible duplication powers.....

Blair Wind
i doubt that would work either as Animal Man, in this tourny and in comics so far, is limited to animals, alien animals, and that I know of hasnt duplicated Mystical Powers (which being infused with his Multiple power wouldnt be able to be duplicated either).

Dizzle
To clarify, Animal Man must have used a power in comics to use it here. So while he could theoretically take powers from ANYTHING on Earth (superheroes included) he cannot here, as he has never displayed the ability to do so in comics.

long pig
How many Wendigos?

Blair Wind
a lot...from 100 to 1000, theres no set number, the comic makes it look like its somewhere in that range...and MM can make UP to 1000. So im going on the basis that theres 1000 Wendigos tearing up your characters.

Scoobless
i'm sure i read somewhere that MM started to lose his mind at 300 dupes

long pig
Well, pick one, blair.

Blair Wind
Wendigo doesnt have that limitation, he is unintelligent as is. He already "lost" his mind in a sense.

long pig
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Wendigo doesnt have that limitation, he is unintelligent as is. He already "lost" his mind in a sense.
Pick one, dude.

Oh, MM was only able to duplicate 1000 when Xaiver took control of his power and used it better than MM could because of X's skill with mutant minds.

Blair Wind
Well If I were to pick Id say 1000, but there really is not set number in the comic (which you have). If you want to me to pick then 1000. Im basing that one the fact that either you have to have a more proficient mind like X's or a more feral mind like Wendigos.

Scoobless
Well If I were to pick Id say 1000, but there really is not set number in the comic (which you have). If you want to me to pick then 1000. Im basing that one the fact that either you have to have a more proficient mind like X's or a more feral mind like Wendigos.

1000.... damn.... that's one impressive class 75,000 character you managed to sneak in under Thing level limits

roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Meh, 1000?
Not a problem.

Prep:

Radioactive man is told to get 20 feet away from everyone else and told to get charged up full power to the point where he's melting concreat and metal just by standing around. http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/6141/radiomanhot24pn.th.jpg

Ironman suits up and puts on his energy null screen(neutralizes energy attacks) and force field.http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2396/ironman2020196lt.th.jpg

Speedfreek is told he'll be paid 1000000 dollars to kill as many people from the other team as he possibly can. He suits up and starts buzzing around too fast to be seen. (just think of SpeedFreek as QuickSilver in a adamantium suit...he's probably faster)http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/9875/speedfreekfast18yd.th.jpg He's fast. evil face

Animal Man, oh animal man. How can I use thee?
First, he takes the strength of a rhino beetle (#74), which gives him the ability to lift 850x his body weight, bringing him around 85tons. (I think?embarrasment)
Animal then takes the speed of a the peregrine falcon, with top flying speed of 160mph. #50sh
Then, he takes the perception of a fly, giving him superhuman reflexes and thinking (the guy he was fighting when he did this basically went into slow motion). 24th

Then, AM takes on the ability of a pistol shrimp, basically clapping gives him Hulk-like sonic booms.

Am takes on the durability of a cockroach, which was durable enough to take one heat vision blast.

Then, just when blair gets too cocky.....eek! Animal Man duplicates himself by taking on the properties of a bacteria! yay!
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3489/lotsaanimalmen1pc.th.jpg

He can duplicate himself at the rate of a bacteria, which studies have shown them doing 1billion in a single day. But, **** that. I'll just go one above whatever Blair is doing right now. 1001 or whatever, doesn't matter.

All the dupes are perfect DNA clones of Animal Man with his same powers. They all are instructed to reach into the red and take on the exact same powers as the original and prepare to kick the ass of some Nazi Wendigo slime! The AMs are stronger, faster, more durable, more varied powers and smarter than the Wendigos AND they can fly.

Tactics: Speedfreak is faster than anyone he's facing on the opposing team by multiples. He's a speedster through and through.
He goes straight in for the goober smoochers who are flying, decapitating Wendigos on his way.

Radioactive man simply runs head long into the wendigos, they melt and burt and catch fire as soon as he is near them. They aren't capable of actually hurting him with his shields up.

Iroman blasts the flyers with multiple laser guns and cannons.

The animal men rush the flyers, knowing once they are gone, the wendigos are as good as dead. big grin I win.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig

Animal Man, oh animal man. How can I use thee?
First, he takes the strength of a rhino beetle (#74), which gives him the ability to lift 850x his body weight, bringing him around 85tons. (I think?embarrasment)

How much does Animal Man weigh? for this quick calculation I will say 200 lbs or 220lbs. So let's begins...
a)
=200x850
=170000

b)
=220 x850
=187000

Now divided by 2000, since 2000lbs makes up one ton.
a)
=170000/2000
=85

b)
=187000/2000
=93.5

So seems about right.

long pig
93 tons or 85?

King_Mungi
93 tons or 85?

Well I have no idea how much he weighs. He could even be less than 200; however, I think 200 sounds about right.

Blair Wind
First off quicksivler IS the speed cap so saying speedfreak is faster wouldnt be good.

Second through my gravity fields radioactive man is useless since its radiation is sucestible to gravity as is speekfreak (him being slowed down considerably through my gravity fields)

Three you specificily stated that Animal Man could not "stack" powers and besides having the speed of a peregrine falcon? PFFFFT roll eyes (sarcastic) they are ONLY fast on dives, flying speed they get screwed by anyone on my team. Also reaching into the red yet again crosses the limit of the tourny, by itself it makes him one of the most powerful players in the DC universe.

However DB is not an idiot, and seeing as he is my most versitile player, he could convievably see the multiplication happening to a regular person and change tactics, or just put up the pressure of the gravity fields (combined with Powerhouse) pushing all Animal Mans into the floor and away from from my characters, while Crystal conjurs up a tornado and sends them all flying.

and Ironman is of no consequesne I can still burn the oxygen around his face and inside his armour.

Scoobless
EDIT: dammit, i'm keeping my mouth shut

one thing though

where does it sa that SpeedFreek's armour is adamantium?

here it says: "The suit is possibly made of a strong material also such as titanium"

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/speedfreek.html

and here it says: "Speedfreek had a heavily armored metal suit"

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm

not that it's really that relevent.... i just want to know where you got the idea that it was adamantium

long pig
Mach 10 is the cap. QS never went mach 10 that I know of.

ahahhaa

I said he couldn't stack like taking the mass of a whale, which is 100tons and then taking the ability of a beetle giving him strength in the billion ton mark.

Never said he couldn't have more than one power at once.

It doesn't cross shit. It's legal, I don't even think you know what the red is.

So could Animal Man. I just limited my dups so I wouldn't own you as hard as I already will.

I can outnumber you to any degree I feel like.

It's very, very simple.

Your fliers can't weigh down 1000 super strong flying men while taking blasts from Ironman/Radioactive man AND not having SF simply buzz around unseen and take them both out at the same time.
Hell, how are you keeping the gravity on my team and not both?

There's simply no way you can do it without Graviton level gravity ability.

Oh, the falcon...meh, I could pick a dragonfly who's speed, if added to a human scale would be around 200mph. No biggy. Or a Tiger beetle who can run, if scaled, 400 mph.

I have a lot of choices. The funny thing is, you've already pm'd someone complaining about the duplicates. Pathetic.

Blair Wind
1) red: the ability to use any power he freakin wants in the animal kingdom through that something with an M field at the same time

2) Radiation is made up of Alpha, Beta, and Gama particles yes? gravity owns that, period, and deflects it towards you team

3) Laser guns to two of my characters would only power them up eek! and let me use my power balls

4) do you know how long it takes them to make a thousand dupes?

5) Gravity field times to two is still a gravity field, it applies to all characters within the field.

6) Ironman STILL gets screwed by oxygen exloding on his face, and with the added benifit any fire surrounding his suit would make any flammable artillery blow up if he used it.

7) When you said power stacking it means power stacking, period. You cant come and change the definition during the battle.

by himself his gravity fields could slow down speedfreak, and Radioactive man, with DB helping him the force of gravity output would be doubled.

King_Mungi
Vixen was the only one who could use one power at a time.

Blair Wind
I have a lot of choices. The funny thing is, you've already pm'd someone complaining about the duplicates. Pathetic.

What the f**k? I havent pm anyone in a day.....

long pig
Waahh wahh wahh. It's legal. You lose.

ahaha...so dumb. Do you know how fast it moves? Guess.

A few seconds.

Your characters can do ALLLLL that at the same time? Ahaha...No, no they can't.
Once your fliers are down, I win. It'll only take a few seconds.

Waaahhhhhh...
Read what I said. I said I missunderstood his powers that he couldn't stack the mass of animals. Darkcrawler said "He doesn't stack?" I said, yes he stacks, just not like how I thought.

The End.
You. Lose.

Blair Wind
Gravity fields at the same time its just a field; Radiation STILL has mass, dont care two fields deflect it

Crystal can do simultanous things, creating fire, and a tornado is simple for her.....what else are you saying I cant do at the same time? What the f**k?

you fastest character is slowed through the field, energy attacks wont work on DB and Powehouse and physical attacks are depowered thanks to their anti grav field.

animal man is still a man in terms of fighting gravity is still weighing down and with all that added mass its easier for my Wendigos to move, Wendigos are savages, and their fighting ability is better. All animals have a fear of fire, Once ironman is done with, Crystal can focus on Animal Man and use earthquakes or firestorms

long pig
Not unless you're Graviton you don't. And you're not. And you won't be able to block blasts and canons and sonic booms....your wendigos, with their super hearing probably won't like sonic booms.

Proof?
Scans? Something to show this Flash-like multitasking. She can home in to Ironman, block radiation attacks, block attacks from 1001 flying Animal men with class 85 strength, block getting gutted by a superspeeder...not use her power on her teammates (by magic? Who knows)...all at the same time BEFORE overloading her power and passing out?
Bullllshiiitttt.

Proof anyone?

That doesn't even make sense. You team can move better because they weigh more? WTF?

Oh, and Animal Man takes on the savage skills of the animals he wants...plus he's a trained h2h user by Batman.

AM>>>>Wendigos.

Blair Wind
There is also the fact that Duplicate Boy could just steal animal mans powers once he sees the mutiplication taking place, and spread himself out, with one GLARING exeption, they would all be like Duplicate Boy, yes (they take his DNA)? That would mean they can all take one power from any character on the field, using Radioactive mans powers against your team, gaining speed through speedfreak (who is still going slower than normal thanks to the gravity frield), and crytals enhanced stats with her powers and powerhouses powers as well. All of them set their sights on your less powerful characters and preceed to kick ass.

Blair Wind
no gravity is Powerhouse, blocking radiation is still powerhouse, and flying at speeds of about Mach 1-2 is Powerhouse, as is energy absorption.

crsytal can create fire and tornados....or use earth and water.....did you even look at the bio? she flies through the wind

YOUR team has added mass thanks to that....

Edit: forget the mass part thought you took the mass of a rhino

However making my Wendigos feel pain will only enrage them unless you continue to have a long lasting effect, and my gravity feilds showed slow down any "fast" characters, allowing the Wendigos to attack in a frenzy...

long pig
Can you prove he can take mystical powers? Any scans of him taking ANY powers and knowing how to use them?
Oh, and he has a distance to where he can take the powers. He wouldn't know how to use them anyway...he's no threat to me. Plus, once he tries, he lets down his guard and his gravity power and BAM he and his teammate is dead.

It's very simple, I outnumber you to any number I feel like. All my characters are stronger and more durable. All my characters have better powers.

You can't win this, stop trying and admit defeat.

TheKahn
Radiation covers the entire electromagnetic spectrum all the way from visible light, xrays, alpha rays, gamma rays, ect. All of these are released from the sun for example: i.e. the suns gravity isn't enough to prevent the particles from being expeled into space. Radiation is a type of energy that acts as both a particle and wave. Given the rules of this turnament there is no way that Powerhouse has the incredabile amount of power needed to negate Radioactive Man's power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_radiation

I have vote for Long Pig's team. Radioactive man would reak havoc on the other side and none of the other team has any ability to sheild themselves from his power.

long pig
Originally posted by TheKahn
Radiation covers the entire electromagnetic spectrum all the way from visible light, xrays, alpha rays, gamma rays, ect. All of these are released from the sun for example: i.e. the suns gravity isn't enough to prevent the particles from being expeled into space. Radiation is a type of energy that acts as both a particle and wave. Given the rules of this turnament there is no way that Powerhouse has the incredabile amount of power needed to negate Radioactive Man's power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_radiation

I have vote for Long Pig's team. Radioactive man would reak havoc on the other side and none of the other team has any ability to sheild themselves from his power.
Thanks, I thought it was obvious that Blair was just BSing saying he could slow down the speed of Radioactive energy.

Ahaha...it's still funny when I think about it.

I KNOW he doesn't know what the Red is, but now, due to his comments, I'm wondering if he knows what Gravity is.

Blair Wind
two Powerhouses? bah you said the world energy, as stated Powerhouse can absorb energy plus his own bio stats he can be ok in radiation, and to what Khan said, neither would HIS team....

also Duplicate Boy was shown to take ANY power he wanted if I had scans I would get them, but I will try in the time being get the scans when he fought Collossal Boy using Mon Els powers and Element Lads powers. Also Powerhouse would still have a gravity field taking place, so even if he tried this move you characters would still be slowed down considerably.

DB has anyones powers period, if he wanted he could take RM's powers and use them agains the team, but that would just negate him, allowing the rest of the teams to fight.

Another factor would be the fact that Duplicate Boy has already taken the powers of almost all legion memebers and used them effectivly, he can learn how to use a power easier than most, but not instantly. Gravity Fields give me time to move my Wendigos around your characters, making Speedfreak slower and Radiation man would be harming everyone in the feild if my Wendigos and your Animal Men are fighting with Speed Freak in the middle too.

Crytal can still create an earthquake, or tornado mixed with the lightposts and water, create water to make a typhoon, or create a duststorm, making visibility worse in your direction

Blair Wind

I KNOW he doesn't know what the Red is, but now, due to his comments, I'm wondering if he knows what Gravity is.

gravity is the attraction we have to the earth, making objects fall at a speed of 9.8, yes? Im just strengthing that attraction from you and earth....makes things really heavy.

this is what the red is:

A morphogenetic field (a subset of morphic field) is a hypothetical biological (and potentially social) field that contains the information necessary to shape the exact form of a living thing, as part of its epigenetics, and may also shape its behaviour and coordination with other beings.

TheKahn
I believe Iron Man 2020 has a force field. It would be possible for LP's team to take refuge inside of it while Radioactive Man floods the field with radiation. And in comics I think that radiation is slightly different than the generic "energy" attack. Chatacters react differently to them.

Blair Wind
still states in the bio that he can take radiation....and even if he has a forcfield why couldnt I attack inside of it with tornados and fire storms? in fact a firestorm would deplete all the oxygen in that forcefield.

Blair Wind
Potentially, Animal Man disposes of the universe's primal forces. On rare occasions, he has been able to tap into the raw power of the Red, draw pure energy from it and emit it as blasts of force. His abilities once even allowed him to create an entire universe, in cooperation with fellow animal masters Vixen and Tristess. If he were to use the full extent of his powers, Animal Man could very well be one of the mightiest beings on Earth.

That is what the red can do if used and it should not be used roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know what it is pfffttt, also a drawback of Animal Man's powers is that he is not always able to control the inputs from the Red. Sometimes, he has absorbed unwanted animal behaviour, such as instinctive rage or rut. The longer he stays in contact with the Red, the less man and more animal he seems to become. He has frequently felt alienated to the human race, something which once made him declare war against our destructive civilization.

with all those powers you might not be able to stay in control.

illadelph12
Potentially, Animal Man disposes of the universe's primal forces. On rare occasions, he has been able to tap into the raw power of the Red, draw pure energy from it and emit it as blasts of force. His abilities once even allowed him to create an entire universe, in cooperation with fellow animal masters Vixen and Tristess. If he were to use the full extent of his powers, Animal Man could very well be one of the mightiest beings on Earth.

That is what the red can do if used and it should not be used roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know what it is pfffttt, also a drawback of Animal Man's powers is that he is not always able to control the inputs from the Red. Sometimes, he has absorbed unwanted animal behaviour, such as instinctive rage or rut. The longer he stays in contact with the Red, the less man and more animal he seems to become. He has frequently felt alienated to the human race, something which once made him declare war against our destructive civilization.

LP, I think TOAA will be paying your team a visit...

Blair Wind
I told you Animal Man was too much....

Ethereal
I wasnt aware AM could stack powers.

Blair Wind
Neither was I, considering I was under the impression that he could not "power stack" but whatever.

My Duplicate Boy and Powerhouse working together should still be able to hold back at least speedfreak and Ironman while Crytal and Wendigo take them out, DB can go in fast at Mach 1-2 with a high gravity punch absorb the radiation and release it as an energy bomb, RM's forcfields can be brought down. While this is going one they have to be dodging Animal Men (and weighing them down slightly), until Crystal can come and help with creating several firestorms (all animals are afraid of fire) and Powerhouse and DB can fly faster then them, and hit them with high speed gravity punches.

Unless he of course remakes the universe without my team in it roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig

I have every single issue of Animal Man. Don't quote friggin' bios you lifted from the net at me.

He didn't have control at first because his powers are a skill that takes years to learn to harness.

And no, Animal Man isn't too powerful. He has never once showed above 100ton strength, above mach10 speed, above Thing durability and not even ONCE showed any energy output that rivals Ironman. That ONE time he shot blasts from his hands that were from the Red weren't anything compared to IronMan.

Your lack of knowledge of the comic is starting to annoy me.

He's powerful because of his duplication powers which he's used a good many times, but that's legal eh Blair? big grin

Animal Man didn't save the universe, the aliens used his connection to the Red to do it through him since he was the best way to connect.

And no, there will be no blowing up oxygen within Ironman's air tight, force field covered suit...WITH a power negation field around it. C'mon.

You're outnumbered, outpowered, outskilled and outsmarted.

long pig
Neither was I, considering I was under the impression that he could not "power stack" but whatever.

My Duplicate Boy and Powerhouse working together should still be able to hold back at least speedfreak and Ironman while Crytal and Wendigo take them out, DB can go in fast at Mach 1-2 with a high gravity punch absorb the radiation and release it as an energy bomb, RM's forcfields can be brought down. While this is going one they have to be dodging Animal Men (and weighing them down slightly), until Crystal can come and help with creating several firestorms (all animals are afraid of fire) and Powerhouse and DB can fly faster then them, and hit them with high speed gravity punches.

Unless he of course remakes the universe without my team in it roll eyes (sarcastic)
So, you honestly think your characters can super gravity punch 1001 superpowered, superfast, super strong, sonic boom having Animal Men one at a time while dodging a flying adamantium speedser and a Ironman equal and make it out alive? You admit the Wendigos will run, so it's 1001 vs 3.............What the f**k?

The first 20 seconds are taking the flyers out, the last 10 seconds are blowing the wendigos to hell and back.

xmarksthespot
power negation fieldUmm... isn't that against some sort of restriction?

long pig
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Umm... isn't that against some sort of restriction?
No, it stops incoming energy from effecting him(lazers are dissapated, stuff like that), it's a more effective and less powerhungry form of a force field.
It doesn't Aquarianize 'em, just nuetralizes incoming energy attacks against himself.

illadelph12
Umm... isn't that against some sort of restriction?

Yes, it is. LP was the one that argued for the ban as well...

Aquarian reaches out from the grave to smite thee!

Energy negating forcefields get the gasface. thumb down

I hope TOAA is paying attention.

long pig
Ill fears the longpig. evil face

Oh, if you weren't so busy watching BET, you'd have read the post above yours and realized exactly how painfully wrong you are.

xmarksthespot
No, it stops incoming energy from effecting him(lazers are dissapated, stuff like that), it's a more effective and less powerhungry form of a force field.
It doesn't Aquarianize 'em, just nuetralizes incoming energy attacks against himself. Seems a bit Deus ex Machina..

He's punched.... the field negates this?
Sonic scream used against him... the field negates this?
Light-based attack... the field negates this?
Magnetic attack... the field negates this?
Electrical attack... the field negates this?

Are there limitations to the type and amount of energy it can take?

Does Scoobless' regular Iron Man have this ability too?

long pig
Seems a bit Deus ex Machina..

He's punched.... the field negates this?
Sonic scream used against him... the field negates this?
Light-based attack... the field negates this?
Magnetic attack... the field negates this?
Electrical attack... the field negates this?

Are there limitations to the type and amount of energy it can take?

Does Scoobless' regular Iron Man have this ability too?
Just energy attacks have been negated by it from his appearances. His normal force field deflects the other stuff.

He can only hold it up as long as he has energy to use, like a battery. But, he can use energy from attacks like electricity to supercharge his suit.

Dizzle
(sigh, again)

None of you may have known Animal Man could use more than one power at a time... But I did... And I OKed him, knowing that. I don't see ANY powers he's using that wouldn't illegalize a couple other characters who are overall less powerful than he is. His individual bodies are within the strength cap, speed cap, durability cap, and don't posess anything that has been banned.

"Power stacking" as it was discussed in the draft threads, meant taking one power and using it to supplement another power. Like taking the weight of an elephant, and using the 500x body weight lifting of a rhino beetle at the same time, effectively making his strength into the thousands of tons. Animal Man has never done that, and cannot here, and so is within the caps. And freaking hell, he never remade the universe. How many Earth based animals have EVER done that?

Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers. Both teams are entirely within the rules, unless someone brings in comic evidence to disqualify a character. And unless LP is lying about having all of Animal Man's appearances, it probably isn't happening.

long pig
Originally posted by Dizzle
(sigh, again)

None of you may have known Animal Man could use more than one power at a time... But I did... And I OKed him, knowing that. I don't see ANY powers he's using that wouldn't illegalize a couple other characters who are overall less powerful than he is. His individual bodies are within the strength cap, speed cap, durability cap, and don't posess anything that has been banned.

"Power stacking" as it was discussed in the draft threads, meant taking one power and using it to supplement another power. Like taking the weight of an elephant, and using the 500x body weight lifting of a rhino beetle at the same time, effectively making his strength into the thousands of tons. Animal Man has never done that, and cannot here, and so is within the caps. And freaking hell, he never remade the universe. How many Earth based animals have EVER done that?

Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers. Both teams are entirely within the rules, unless someone brings in comic evidence to disqualify a character. And unless LP is lying about having all of Animal Man's appearances, it probably isn't happening.
I'm lying!evil face

Nah, ask leo, he's seen my animal man collection on dc++. I got 'em all.

Some of the missinformation is partly my fault, I was under the impression he COULD duplicate mass and stack his powers thusly making him the strongest character on earth, but I hadn't fully read his comics then.

He is powerful, but not what I thought 8 months ago.

xmarksthespot
Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers.If that - the field is limited to dissipating (classical) energy attacks (e.g. lasers) - being the case, I don't see how it would prevent Crystal from causing combustion of oxygen molecules within the suit - it not being an energy attack. confused

long pig
If that - the field is limited to dissipating (classical) energy attacks (e.g. lasers) - being the case, I don't see how it would prevent Crystal from causing combustion of oxygen molecules within the suit - it not being an energy attack. confused
She'd first have to get into the force field, passed the energy shield, past the air-tight armor and in to his oxygen reserves. This is some serious underestimation of ironman2020's power. It's nonsense.

Is there ANY proof she can do such a thing? It's not even possible unless she has some SERIOUS level weather manipulation on the level of Thor or Storm.

And, for hitler's sake, wtf is she going to do against 1001 superpowered animal men with their own intelligence bombarding her with attacks? And the Radioactive man who is making his way to her blasting? Blair admitted the Wengidos will run in fear, and if they don't they all burn alive overloading MM's pain sensors and k.oing him.

xmarksthespot
I wouldn't consider combustion via control of oxygen molecules to be a classical energy attack. There's no direct contact between the controlled/attack and the controller. As you said the "power negating field" is limited to classical energy attacks - something akin to laser beams, an attack from someone like Bishop, Havok or Dazzler - and isn't actually a power-nullifying field, which would be required to actually prevent something like Human Torch raising temperature, Iceman lowering temperature, Magma controlling magma inside it (if it was large and had magma inside it), Red Tornado (or Crystal) controlling the air.

leonidas said she's affected the air inside of the Invisible Woman's forcefield before - are your forcefields stronger than hers?

King KAM
Long Pig wins easy

stormfront13
I'm lying!evil face

Nah, ask leo, he's seen my animal man collection on dc++. I got 'em all.

Some of the missinformation is partly my fault, I was under the impression he COULD duplicate mass and stack his powers thusly making him the strongest character on earth, but I hadn't fully read his comics then.

He is powerful, but not what I thought 8 months ago.

where'd you get all his appearances? i've been looking for at least a few for a while.

DarkCrawler
So Long Pig DID use the bacteria attack...I foresaw it.

Scoobless
Then, just when blair gets too cocky.....eek! Animal Man duplicates himself by taking on the properties of a bacteria! yay!
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3489/lotsaanimalmen1pc.th.jpg

He can duplicate himself at the rate of a bacteria, which studies have shown them doing 1billion in a single day. But, **** that. I'll just go one above whatever Blair is doing right now. 1001 or whatever, doesn't matter.

where does he get the mass from to make duplicates?

nice scan, but it does show one of the A-Men getting slashed open..... do you have another one where it shows him replicating hundreds of times and also using other strength/durability powers at the same time?

Ethereal
this is just ****ing insane.

grey fox
Originally posted by Ethereal
this is just ****ing insane.
I know ... isn't it cool cool

Sir Whirlysplat
All I can say is you'd better pray Blair doesn't realise Duplicate boy has Element Lads Powers shifty Call him molecule man light shifty

Dizzle
Duplicate Boy was stripped of stolen powers before the tourney started. He begins this match with only the power to mimic other people's powers.

Oh, and magically enough, me and SS didn't even plan this matchup. Hilarious. rock

King KAM
Duplicate Boy was stripped of stolen powers before the tourney started. He begins this match with only the power to mimic other people's powers.

Oh, and magically enough, me and SS didn't even plan this matchup. Hilarious. rock meaning a victory for Long Pig!!!

Sir Whirlysplat

Oh, and magically enough, me and SS didn't even plan this matchup. Hilarious. rock

thats a shame, it's not really Duplicate boy sad I guess he can't instantly steal all the teams powers either you wouldn't allow that because he could have all his team and his opponents instantly. He is a living Amazo.

King KAM
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
thats a shame. tom selleck is such a hottie

Scoobless
Originally posted by King KAM
meaning a victory for Long Pig!!!

you've already voted, we don't need people running a campaign for any participants

let people make up their own minds based on the points offered by LP and BW

Sir Whirlysplat
tom selleck is such a hottin

his moustache is Genius in the 80's Layton drew Tony Stark to look like him!

Scoobless
thats a shame, it's not really Duplicate boy sad I guess he can't instantly steal all the teams powers either you wouldn't allow that because he could have all his team and his opponents instantly. He is a living Amazo.

he's only allowed to use one stolen power at a time.... that's the only reason he was allowed in this thing to begin with

Amazo, Super Adaptoid, Gideon and others had the same restrictions

which is kinda strange because that's exactly what Animal Man is being used for here.......

King KAM
Originally posted by Scoobless
you've already voted, we don't need people running a campaign for any participants

let people make up their own minds based on the points offered by LP and BW suck my ass wonderboy

Scoobless
suck my ass wonderboy

no thanks

outarddwarf
he's only allowed to use one stolen power at a time.... that's the only reason he was allowed in this thing to begin with

Amazo, Super Adaptoid, Gideon and others had the same restrictions

which is kinda strange because that's exactly what Animal Man is being used for here.......

sad and true but dizzle and SS allowed him! stick out tongue

King_Mungi
No one who isn't LP or Blair Wind comment in this thread. Only do it if your making a correction or have a question.

Blair Wind
well its funny, but Duplicate Boy is to mutants, and aliens what Animal Man is to animals and alien animals....but whatever, someone asked for scans heres two scans:

http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/superwhoswho/DuplicateBoy-adv324-08.jpg

http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/superwhoswho/HeroesofLallor-adv324-05.jpg

He used Superboy's powers against him, and used the Heroes of Lallor's powers straight in a row. Really Duplicate Boy can mimic any "super" power he wants, much akin to Animal Man mimicing all animal traits.

Now in the bio I provided it states that he can also pick which power he wants from a set of powers on one person. Now taking that into account the moment animal man starts duplicating (and scoobs did ask an interesting question, HAS it ever been shown to duplicate and use his powers?), lets SUPPOSE that he cannot mimic his powers. He still has Wendigo's mimicing powers, and shown the speed which he can change powers in that scan it could start hitting himself like Wendigo did during prep to create dupes himself (to do this all would be on the basis that Powerhouse could hold down the other characters for the few moments it would take to do this really a few seconds.) Right there you have about 300 Duplicate Boy copies and the only one that needs to have the MM factor is the original, yes? that would mean I could duplicate 100 Powerhouses (gravity fields are gonna make your life a *****.) One powerhouse is a pretty strong person with gravity but 100 of them? Then you have 50 speedfreaks running around, and 50 Radiactive Men turning the tables on RM himself. the last 100 take Crystals powers and cause major havok with tornados, firestorms, waterstorms, specified earthquakes, you get my drift right?

Now what animal can fly in a tornado and is not afraid of fire? All animals have that instinct (and Animal man does get their instincts...)

also the gravity fields of 100 powerhouses would hold you down against the earth, while tornados are going everywhere, firestorms going everywhere. And LP when did I say the Wendigos would run? I said when in pain it would be like a cornered animal and fight harder!

Scoobless
Right there you have about 300 Duplicate Boy copies and the only one that needs to have the MM factor is the original, yes? that would mean I could duplicate 100 Powerhouses

Question: wasn't that aspect of the powers banned? he can only copy one power at a time (as per the rules) and if he's using MM's duplicating ability then he can't be using anyone else's power at the same time... and as soon as he stops using MM's power the dupes should disappear or be reabsorbed (or something)

long pig
I duplicated during prep. There is no moment of realization for you. Hell, Duplicate Boy wouldn't know what's happening when all of a sudden he's overwhelmed by tons of animal men.

You're going to be overwhelmed and massacred. You can't go back and change your strategy, you made it, now you have to stick with it. And it'll cost you the match.

He doesn't take their irrational fears, for ****'s sake man. Read the comic. You don't know what you're talking about.

Blair Wind
What I mean is: My DB takes MM's powers. The clones are perfect to him, right? So the only one that I need is the original to keep the dupes up, while the dupes throw away their duping power in turn for the ones listed.

long pig
What I mean is: My DB takes MM's powers. The clones are perfect to him, right? So the only one that I need is the original to keep the dupes up, while the dupes throw away their duping power in turn for the ones listed.
When exactly do you find the time machine to go back and do all of this?
And I do think using MM's powers for a mimic's power was voted out.

Blair Wind
I duplicated during prep. There is no moment of realization for you. Hell, Duplicate Boy wouldn't know what's happening when all of a sudden he's overwhelmed by tons of animal men.

You're going to be overwhelmed and massacred. You can't go back and change your strategy, you made it, now you have to stick with it. And it'll cost you the match.

He doesn't take their irrational fears, for ****'s sake man. Read the comic. You don't know what you're talking about.

what I know about AM is on bios and Grants run, thats about it sorry if I sound like a ****ing idiot. If he has Powerhouses powers he will be able to see the AM coming at him, slower thanks to my gravity powers slowing everyone down (attraction to earth and all, plus their still faster than your animal men). It doesnt take a genius to figure to fight numbers with numbers. He takes the MM powers and duplicates, and uses the aforementioned powers.

long pig
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So Long Pig DID use the bacteria attack...I foresaw it.
Only for this fight really. Didn't plan on using it for other fights.

Blair Wind
When exactly do you find the time machine to go back and do all of this?
And I do think using MM's powers for a mimic's power was voted out.

time machine? you have AM guys attacking all over the place and he uses numbers to fight. back What the f**k?...

and no it wasnt, Scoobs talked about it, I agreed then, but no one else said anything about it.

long pig
what I know about AM is on bios and Grants run, thats about it sorry if I sound like a ****ing idiot. If he has Powerhouses powers he will be able to see the AM coming at him, slower thanks to my gravity powers slowing everyone down (attraction to earth and all, plus their still faster than your animal men). It doesnt take a genius to figure to fight numbers with numbers. He takes the MM powers and duplicates, and uses the aforementioned powers.
Won't work. You don't have enough time.

How do you think you can dodge all the blasts and radiation posioning weakening you, messing with your body and do all this WHILE being attacked by sonic booms from 1001 Animal Men?

Seriously?

Scoobless

didn't you only recently start reading Animal Man? give the guy a break, i've never read the comic either.... that's why it's good to show scans

illadelph12

Actually, that makes perfect sense. If Duplicate Boy copies the one power of Multiple Man (self replication, the Wendigo thing is a magical curse), Duplicate Boy could create multiples of himself, and each of the clones would be able to duplicate other powers, save the original Duplicate Boy.

In the words of JR: "We're in for a slobber knocker!!!".

long pig
didn't you only recently start reading Animal Man? give the guy a break, i've never read the comic either.... that's why it's good to show scans
I've read 'em for 2 years, just not all of 'em. It's ok to not know, it's not ok to not know and present your opinions it as facts in a debate like this.

time machine? you have AM guys attacking all over the place and he uses numbers to fight. back What the f**k?...

and no it wasnt, Scoobs talked about it, I agreed then, but no one else said anything about it.
The time machine that stops time giving your team the chance to do all this?
Does your teams gravity power affect things underground?

DigiMark007
Gak!

I vote for....um...damn. Such a burden being a judge. Who are the others for these 2 matches?

My mind is reeling from this stupid-as-mud duplicating stuff going on. Blair just thought of a nifty way around the DB only copying one person (first Wendigo then the copies can ditch that and copy other people), but Animal Man has the bacteria thing...*shakes head in confusion and agony* the other match doesn't have this crap, right?

A few of Blair arguments haven't been fully fleshed out (recently with the DB stuff he's finding his stride) but some of the others have been iffy. LP certainly "sounds" more convinced he'd win...but that can be misleading. One thing that got mentioned then hastily dropped was the whole "Animal Man sometimes loses control" thing. If he copies a bunch of animals, does he start to lose his sanity or something? I thought that was a promising start to calling AM into question, but it never went anywhere.

Oh, and when are these matches over? I want to wait a while, but I can't miss the end since I'm a judge. Good job to both though. And duplicates suck stick out tongue

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Such a burden being a judge. Who are the others for these 2 matches?

good point.... i bet half of them haven't read (and probably wont read) the arguments so far

Dizzle
The matches will all end/begin on a Sunday. They all last 1 week. You have plenty of time, Digi.

Oh yeah, and these are the ONLY two teams in the entire tournament with multiplying powers. And so I thought it was funny that they ended up paired together in the first round, even though me and SS had a fairly random system for selecting the order and such...

Oh, and the judges in these two matches are yourself, (DigiMark) xmarksthespot, (whore) LethalFemme, and newjak. All 3 of the others PMed me back and agreed to judge, so I'd hope they show up...

Blair Wind
Won't work. You don't have enough time.

How do you think you can dodge all the blasts and radiation posioning weakening you, messing with your body and do all this WHILE being attacked by sonic booms from 1001 Animal Men?

Seriously?

first off it wouldnt be wise to use radiation attacks considering that your using your on men to fight me, the intermixing would hurt them too, plus my powerhouse can survive in radiation, its a form of energy, and even if thats a loose term, the last bio states that he is ok in it.

two crystal can create varouis tornados which would reak havoc on your army, a tornado is still a force to be reckoned with, add some fire? evil face
fried animal men

three if you want my "time machine" its called gravity, im making the attraction between you and the earth and increasing the attraction, in effect making you slower, and with the anti grav sheilds makes me faster. This most effects Speedfreak, not letting him get to me before I can analyze the situation. And to some degree yes I can control gravity that would in turn include the earths gravity, but I doubt I can take all your men out underground till I have my 100 gravity controllers, which by the time you reach me, I will have.

long pig
No.
At the beginning of Animal Man's Morrison run, his powers started messing up. This was before finding "The Red", meaning AM was only able to take powers of animals around him. Sometimes he'd feel a cat and accidently take a rabbit. Sort of how Spiderman's powers stopped working there for a minute, it hasn't happened since.

But, that all got flushed out after the Crisis and after he found the Red.

Scoobless
does anyone remember when this tourney was 4 Vs 4?

laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Good to know I have some time.

And what's the ruling on Blair's idea for Duplicate Lad (or whatever-the-hell) with duplicating Wendigo, then ditching him in all but one and copying others??

If you think about it, he might be able to create some sort of infinite loop where he keeps doing that with the other duplicates until there's millions of DB's....not trying to help Blair, but it seemed like a rather glaring loophole. Still, he'd probably reach a limit long before that.

LethalFemme
The matches will all end/begin on a Sunday. They all last 1 week. You have plenty of time, Digi.

Oh yeah, and these are the ONLY two teams in the entire tournament with multiplying powers. And so I thought it was funny that they ended up paired together in the first round, even though me and SS had a fairly random system for selecting the order and such...

Oh, and the judges in these two matches are yourself, (DigiMark) xmarksthespot, (whore) LethalFemme, and newjak. All 3 of the others PMed me back and agreed to judge, so I'd hope they show up...

I'm here ive just been reading big grin

long pig
The Animal Men won't even notice the Radiation...cockroach, remember? Neither will Ironman. Speedfreek will already be at your throats before anything happens.

You forget that RM shoots out condensed hard radiation, which won't hit anything but his target.

While being shot at by canon blasters, radiation, paralyzing sonic booms and adamantium spears? No, you won't have time.

You're leaning on the gravity TOO much. Your team is no Graviton, IM & SF's antigravity boot jets are enough to get through with little effort. The gravity will have no affect at all to the Radioactive blasts or lasers/canons.

And all the Animal Men coming at you, you'll overload your power before you can stop them all.

Dizzle
And what's the ruling on Blair's idea for Duplicate Lad (or whatever-the-hell) with duplicating Wendigo, then ditching him in all but one and copying others??

If you think about it, he might be able to create some sort of infinite loop where he keeps doing that with the other duplicates until there's millions of DB's....not trying to help Blair, but it seemed like a rather glaring loophole. Still, he'd probably reach a limit long before that.

It IS quite a loophole. I'm torn, really. I didn't think Multiple Man's powers actually created perfect copies of himself. That is, I thought they took only his physical aspects, but not his duplicating powers. Technically, his infinite loop thing should be legal, but I don't know if his dupes would actually be able to steal powers themselves, or if they'd simply be normal humans that look like Duplicate Boy. If he can prove that the dupes WOULD be able to take powers and be exactly like normal DB, he's technically legal, as that IS a slightly extended version of what LP's doing with Animal Man. (though even that's now being put into question)

If you can prove that DB's clones would retain his powers other than physical aspects, (specifically that Madrox's powers do that) it's good. If they can't, you aren't allowed to say they can, now are you.

Blair Wind
no you dont understand do you? Im not using person per person gravity fields, just imagine one big sphere. Once you enter that sphere there is a certain gravitational pull downwards, and it doesnt matter how many people are in that sphere it just has that effect. You get that? Ths gives DB the time he needs to win the day.

Ironman is still no problem too me, Crystal makes oxygen explode in his face considering that it is NOT an energy attack in the way that a laser beam is.

now all the AM guys are forced down through gravity, RM's blast may go through (and my Powerhouse can absorb those blasts, and hard radiation can still be dodged.) but he himself has mass great enough to hold down.

how fast can SP go with his jets?

Other than that Crystals tornados serve as the factor to take down multiple enemies, plus with fire, or earth or even waterstorms their effects are profound.

All this adds up in my victory.

LethalFemme
It IS quite a loophole. I'm torn, really. I didn't think Multiple Man's powers actually created perfect copies of himself. That is, I thought they took only his physical aspects, but not his duplicating powers. Technically, his infinite loop thing should be legal, but I don't know if his dupes would actually be able to steal powers themselves, or if they'd simply be normal humans that look like Duplicate Boy. If he can prove that the dupes WOULD be able to take powers and be exactly like normal DB, he's technically legal, as that IS a slightly extended version of what LP's doing with Animal Man. (though even that's now being put into question)

If you can prove that DB's clones would retain his powers other than physical aspects, (specifically that Madrox's powers do that) it's good. If they can't, you aren't allowed to say they can, now are you.

that's the exact thing im having a problem with cause they're both somewhat relying on the same strategy as far as AM and MM are involved good idea to make LP and BW fight one another lol

Blair Wind

so all I have to prove is that dupes can make dupes? easy. Ill go see what I can find

Dizzle
Originally posted by LethalFemme
that's the exact thing im having a problem with cause they're both somewhat relying on the same strategy as far as AM and MM are involved good idea to make LP and BW fight one another lol

Didn't even plan it... The thing was as random a system as I could think of, and it STILL paired up these two. I'm just amazing. Or Hitler. hitler

long pig
Energy or physical, he's got shields for both, and they were turned on during prep. It won't work.

It's not strong enough to force a thousand class 85, super fast fliers down. And they all have the ability to take a moles ability to dig the length of their body in a second or two. I can come from above and underneath.

How many times are you going to switch plans and tactics before you find one that will work? You're on your fourth plan right now.

Shift X. He's fast enough to be invisible to the human eye. Fast enough to make it to your team before you see him.

You don't have the time or the power or the skills to defeat a team so vastly superior.

LethalFemme
Didn't even plan it... The thing was as random a system as I could think of, and it STILL paired up these two. I'm just amazing. Or Hitler. hitler

really? lol

Blair Wind
gravity is still gravity, the moments that it takes to do this are like nothing to be able to reach me. Even if my gravity wont hold you forever it WILL hold you down and it WILL take you time to adjust. Plus your AM guys, or anyone else for that matter wont know about the field until its already too late. It give me the time to make my duplicates, who in turn take other powers, and slaughter your team.

to Dizzle: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=92&page=3

shows that his dupe can create dupes

Iron mans shields mean nothing to this type of attack
as X already pointed out what Ive been saying:

I wouldn't consider combustion via control of oxygen molecules to be a classical energy attack. There's no direct contact between the controlled/attack and the controller. As you said the "power negating field" is limited to classical energy attacks - something akin to laser beams, an attack from someone like Bishop, Havok or Dazzler - and isn't actually a power-nullifying field, which would be required to actually prevent something like Human Torch raising temperature, Iceman lowering temperature, Magma controlling magma inside it (if it was large and had magma inside it), Red Tornado (or Crystal) controlling the air.

leonidas said she's affected the air inside of the Invisible Woman's forcefield before - are your forcefields stronger than hers?

Dizzle
Heh... I was under the impression that they wouldn't, as I've seen them get hit without copying. Whatevah. Stupid plot holes.

LethalFemme
Heh... I was under the impression that they wouldn't, as I've seen them get hit without copying. Whatevah. Stupid plot holes.

this is gonna take a while thanx Dizzy stick out tongue lol

stormfront13
sorry but at this point, i have to vote for long pig

Blair Wind

not really, comics have shown that he can go pretty far, and sometime inconsistent as to the dupe making dupe thing, however since it has been proven that a dupe CAN make a dupe and my Wendigos duping ability is MUCH better than the cannon MM of that time I should be able to make LOTS of characters. Now if I leave the original and one more DB with the MM powers, once DB reaches HIS limit, the other DB could make more DB's considering that they would be based on his own seperate body. Really I could continue this process while my characters fight with all the abilities that I have already mentioned they get.

and all of this can happen because Gravity WILL slow them down at least for the few moments needed to start the process.

the sphere my gravity covers is NOT a man to man thing, its just simply a sphere and once inside my field you are subject to the gravity setting I place. Once I have 100+ Powerhouses there is no way Lp's characters can get me, considering the tornados that I will have, the radiation I will be throwing and the speed I will be acheiving.

Blair Wind
^^ just to once again clarify what Im doing with DB:
I take Wendigos power, make up to 1000 copies. 999 of them can be used to copy Powerhouse, Crystal, Speefreak, and Radiactive Man. One of them however drops is connection to the MM power, through the original. After it does that it then takes from the start Wendigos powers to be able to fully utilize his power. The process goes on from there and starts when the first gravity field slows down the incoming attackers. big grin

illadelph12
eek!

Holy sh*t.

long pig
^^ just to once again clarify what Im doing with DB:
I take Wendigos power, make up to 1000 copies. 999 of them can be used to copy Powerhouse, Crystal, Speefreak, and Radiactive Man. One of them however drops is connection to the MM power, through the original. After it does that it then takes from the start Wendigos powers to be able to fully utilize his power. The process goes on from there and starts when the first gravity field slows down the incoming attackers. big grin
That would take about an hour, you have 10 seconds before your team is overrun and blown to hell. Less than 10 seconds before Speedfreek is on your team.
There's no point in changing tactics every page or so, it'll still come to the same ending.

xmarksthespot

If you can prove that DB's clones would retain his powers other than physical aspects, (specifically that Madrox's powers do that) it's good. If they can't, you aren't allowed to say they can, now are you. Multiple Man's duplicates can duplicate themselves. One spent a great deal of time impersonating Madrox Prime in X-Factor.

Blair Wind
eh, hitting yourself and having your dupes hit yourself to create more dupes takes waaaaaaay less than an hour. By the time your team manages to come towards my team, I will have plenty of offensive juggernauts to be able to overrun you with. Dont overestimate your teams ability to get to me (oh they will get to me, but by then it will be too late, and they will be driven backwards) and really you shouldnt understimate the fact that my gravity field WILL hold you down for a little bit, you cant just say and make it proof that your characters are just gonna walk into my field and simply walk unfazed no doenst work like that.

plus you have avoided the question a second time:

illadelph12
Question for Blair:

Does Duplicate Boy have to touch a person he copies, or simply be in their vicinity? Also, can he copy the powers of a person while they are employing their abilities?

And for Long Pig:

Does Speedfreek have a healing factor or superhuman strength/durability, or is he just a normal human in an armored suit? Does the suit employ any kind of anti-gravity technology or energy dampening equipment, or is it simply built for speed and durability? Also, has he taken his drugs before combat?

DarkCrawler
I...don't know whom to vote...

This is pretty even match.

leonidas
this one is giving me a headache . . .

like lp, i've read some (not ALL) animal man. as far as i can see everything lp has said as regards him is legal. one thing i immediately DIDN'T like from blair (right off the bat) was how wendigo, bored, started creating clones of himself. he's a beast, with animalistic intelligence. he doesn't get 'bored' and clone himself. 'fraid i had trouble with that notion all the way through.

like digi, i'm not too keen on the whole infinite loop potential that has been opened up. seems there MUST be a limit . . . i mean this:

<<I take Wendigos power, make up to 1000 copies. 999 of them can be used to copy Powerhouse, Crystal, Speefreak, and Radiactive Man. One of them however drops is connection to the MM power, through the original. After it does that it then takes from the start Wendigos powers to be able to fully utilize his power. The process goes on from there and starts when the first gravity field slows down the incoming attackers.>>

to quoth ill: holy sh**!!

i don't know, just seems like an abuse of the power -- no offense blair. i just can't help the feeling that in a comicbook the character wouldn't/couldn't perform an action like this.

lastly -- people keep using my words to harm lp's chances. while it is true crystal HAS affected the inside of sue's force field, that may or may NOT have a direct bearing in this fight. i'd have to go through my avengers issues to see how she's done against more 'classical' style force fields. i'm not saying she CAN'T do this to im, only that we can't automatically assume she CAN just because she can affect sue . . .

whew.

criminy, these opening round matches are TOUGH!!

Scoobless
I didn't think Multiple Man's powers actually created perfect copies of himself. That is, I thought they took only his physical aspects, but not his duplicating powers. Technically, his infinite loop thing should be legal

Look, Super-Adaptoid, Amazo and co got banned because they can use everyone's powers at once...... why should Duplicate Boy be allowed to do that then?

And has Long Pig shown a scan where animal man uses duplication, combined with other powers as well, yet?

The one scan I remember showed duplication but no enhanced durability (as one of the A-Men gets slashed open)

(at least i'm not taking sides with my annoying pickiness .... stick out tongue )

Eternity
I think blair wins this

outarddwarf
Look, Super-Adaptoid, Amazo and co got banned because they can use everyone's powers at once...... why should Duplicate Boy be allowed to do that then?

he isn't using them all at once one guy sustaines the duplication while the others drop their power in favor of someone elses.

Scoobless
Originally posted by outarddwarf
he isn't using them all at once one guy sustaines the duplication while the others drop their power in favor of someone elses.

but how can a duplicate exist without the use of the duplication power?

if a duplicate uses a power other than duplication then the core character is using two powers at once

leonidas
as of now, i'd give this confusing mess to lp.

DigiMark007
Leo, in part, quelled my unrest about the validity of Animal Man doing everything LP has him doing.

I'm making my vote now...(though it's certainly open to change)...

The only way I could make a reasonable vote was by agreeing in my mind that the duplicate situation made the teams roughly equal, then looking for other advantages/disadvantages.

Lp has the advantage of AM being very familiar with what he's doing, both with duplication and other powers. Duplicate Boy, on the other hand, does not have experience with the powers he'll be copying. The theories surrounding the DB infinite loop strategy are great, but I'm looking at what would be more likely to happen in an actual fight...cutting through the theory non-sense to see what would actually happen.

Once the fight starts, the duplicating stuff would be put on hold while both teams fought for their lives. And with plenty of fliers and Speedfreek, that won't take long to happen. And LP's strategy, other than the AM stuff, is much more straight-forward, and more likely to work. Iron Man blasts, Radiation Dude melts, and Speedfreek runs around killing things. Most of Blair's plans involve too many if's, and would take a bit more luck and/or planning to pull off. He also hasn't respected Iron Man 2020 at all. I don't think IM would be a huge factor, but the fact that Blair has offered nothing but a one-line air explosion technique to beat him doesn't sit well with me.

Blair's team almost certainly has more (theoretical) potential, but I'd give the win to LP.

Congrats LP, you have my vote. If Blair offers new stuff that sways me, I retain the right to change. Great job to both.

-DM

leonidas
<<Blair's team almost certainly has more (theoretical) potential, but I'd give the win to LP.>>

that was almost perfectly said, digi. wink

no wonder you're a mod. big grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonidas

that was almost perfectly said, digi. wink

no wonder you're a mod. big grin

That's why they pay me the big bucks. big grin

...waitaminute... confused where's my paycheck? Damnit!

Actually, though, this has to be the worst match to be an official judge for. But I did my homework so it would mean something (I made a flow chart for this macth in one of my notebooks...lol). Thank goodness one of these duplicating losers will be gone after this. wink

long pig
I here by renounce the use of Duplication for further matches!

Cuz, it's stupid, nearly illegal and hard to keep up with. No more duplication on my part.

DigiMark007
^^ No worries LP. smile Gotta do what you gotta do to win, though I'm sure whoever the judges are will be happy.

...if you win, that is....

Scoobless
I here by renounce the use of Duplication for further matches!

Cuz, it's stupid, nearly illegal and hard to keep up with. No more duplication on my part.

If you and BW can agree to that and restart this match with a no dupes rule i'll respect both of you for it

smile

The whole Dupe thing seems to be clearly against the most basic rule of the tourney (4 Vs 4) and i have no intention of voting in this match as it is

sad

long pig
Meh, it's legal but not fun against someone who can't duplicate. Whoever wins this match, will probably win the tourney just because of the duplication.
If I were to duplicate, it wouldn't be more than one extra or something. It's just lame after a while. I dunno.

Scoobless
maybe we can arrange a vote on no duplication (for future matches i mean.... this ones obviously gone too far with it to stop now)

long pig
maybe we can arrange a vote on no duplication (for future matches i mean.... this ones obviously gone too far with it to stop now)
Sounds fine.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by illadelph12
Question for Blair:

Does Duplicate Boy have to touch a person he copies, or simply be in their vicinity? Also, can he copy the powers of a person while they are employing their abilities?

And for Long Pig:

Does Speedfreek have a healing factor or superhuman strength/durability, or is he just a normal human in an armored suit? Does the suit employ any kind of anti-gravity technology or energy dampening equipment, or is it simply built for speed and durability? Also, has he taken his drugs before combat?

vicinity and yes he can copy powers at any point.

long pig
SpeedFreek needs to come back! That guy was awesome!

Scoobless
SpeedFreek needs to come back! That guy was awesome!

how many comics did he appear in?

Sir Whirlysplat
how many comics did he appear in?

I remember one with skinny speedfreak and one with bulked speedfreak, so I have seen him twice!

Scoobless
I remember one with skinny speedfreak and one with bulked speedfreak, so I have seen him twice!

just had a check.... apparently he was in these three issues:

Incredible Hulk II#388 (December, 1991)
Incredible Hulk II#429 (May, 1995)
Incredible Hulk II#430 (June, 1995)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm

long pig
Yeah, only three. But he did some amazing things in them. He's so friggin' fast, and with an adamantium suit and blades, that guys NEEDS to make a reappearance.

He'd make a sweet Spiderman villain.

Ethereal
drug addict........

long pig
drug addict........
Nah, I can stop anytime I want to...

King KAM
drug addict........ HEY! you watch who youre talking to, thats my favorite drug addict, and "MR." drug addict to you kid

Ultimate Rage
drugs are healthy they expand ur consciousness

Dizzle
Random posts go in the general discussion thread kids. Don't clutter the fights. And yes, I realize this doesn't directly pertain to the fight. But I run this gig, whatcha gonna do? cool

King KAM
Random posts go in the general discussion thread kids. Don't clutter the fights. And yes, I realize this doesn't directly pertain to the fight. But I run this gig, whatcha gonna do? cool someones power trippin

Blair Wind
First of to leo: the only reason I had Wendigo be "bored" as you put it, is because of the friendly fire off factor. He wasnt much use and as an animal he would get agitated by the fact he couldnt sustain his hunger at that moment. Animals would start hitting themselves (like a monkey hitting his chest)

Digi: the duplication process would be the easiest power to use condsidering all it takes is kinetic energy. After that he is all copies of Duplicate Boy. He can use all the powers he trained with to defeat the characters. Also at the start of the fight I will have MORE time to plan my attack, consdering that gravity WILL make it harder for LP's characters to get to me. Once he DOES get to me I will have enought characters to match his people. Also all this shooting of lasers, of radiation melting me is only making Powerhouse stronger. Energy is energy and my guy is ok in radiation. All he is doing is giving me another avenue of attack through my energy bombs, which have a devestating effect. Speedfreak is being given too much credit for getting to me when my gravity fields our holding him down making him heavier than normal (which is even more than usual, considering that he has his armour)

Scoobs: Here is my logic, DB#1 takes MM's powers and makes his duplicates. The duplicates after making themselves more dupes, then drop that power (they then cannot make more duplicates) They however ARE Duplicate Boy right? if the power transfer takes place as MM, then he can drop that power (which DB can do) and pick up another (which is them just using his powers, which he already knows)

Also my ability to control tornados, firestorms, and other effects are useful for massive destruction on the many characters LP has.

really all his attacks are either
A) Nulled
B) giving me more energy
C) Not useful

He has no defense against my Gravity and my Tornados, period. I can see where you think LP is more convinced then me (his debating skill is better than me) however my strategy wont let him move (some characters) and those that will be able to will only be able to do long range attacks (which will only help me in the end). Other than that my tornados make quick work of him.

Scoobless
Scoobs: Here is my logic, DB#1 takes MM's powers and makes his duplicates. The duplicates after making themselves more dupes, then drop that power (they then cannot make more duplicates) They however ARE Duplicate Boy right? if the power transfer takes place as MM, then he can drop that power (which DB can do) and pick up another (which is them just using his powers, which he already knows)

i know exactly what you meant the whole time.... my problem with it is simple, Duplicate boy is only allowed to be using one power set at a time, i regard all the dupes of DB to be a single character slot in your 4 man line up.... as soon as one of them takes another power the duplication power should vanish (unless or until he goes back to it) - if there's more than one DB on the field he should not be permitted to use other powers

or simpler - if one of the dupes disconnects for the "duplicate network" it should cease to function/live as it's no longer part of DB-Prime

that's my understanding of the single power rule

not taking sides... i have the same problem with Animal Man (though he was never held to that rule at the start like DB was)

long pig
See, this is where you're bullshitting again.

Your team's gravity power is NOT...again, NOT powerful enough to hender ANYONE on my team. Simple as that. Two of my characters have anti gravity boot thrusters and one shoots rays that aren't affected by gravity. The last member is 1001 strong(I could just as easily go to a million strong if I felt it proper), some fly towards you at proportionate dragonfly speed blasting away with sonic booms, some go underground just to pop up right underneath you. It's silly AND wrong to expect your team's slight gravity control could keep my team from it's goals.

Ironman blasts uber cannons, lasers, sonic waves at you, that will take out any flier it hits. Speedfreek will be on you before you can react. Radiation Man will be blasting away with heat and radioactive energy. The A-Men are coming from every single angle and ready to kill.

You've given no proof of any of your statements, you've given no scans, no nothing. Just dribble.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>