What albums/mixtapes have you been bumping as of late?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewJERU
Joe Budden- Mood Musik 2
Nas- It Was Written
Mobb Deep- The Infamous

FistOfThe North
I still find myself blastin' that "The Champ is Here!" remix tape. It's to sick for me to let it go.

Pointinel
tell me this aint the best mixtapes of 05'

nas/dj dirty harry - Living Legends
juelz santana - back like cooked crack

Phat J
for mixtapes: soundbombing 2 - rawkus, more of a compilation but the same idea
chicago: the underworld - mass hysteria
chicago city limits - molemen
gleamin the cube - rude one

album wise: beauty & the beat - edan
debacle in a bottle, music to drink by, blame it on the hooch, sin-a-matic - louis logic
optimus prime - prime
stress: the extincxtion agenda - prganized konfusion

theres more but i got sick of listing them...

-hh-
albums i've been listening to:

Gza- Legend of the Liquid Swords
Nas- The Lost Tapes
Ras Kass- Van Gogh
System of a Down- Hypnotize
Radiohead- My Iron Lung EP

D00m
haha @ back like cooked crack

You know what Juelz be smokin... look how skinny that negro is.

-hh-
Originally posted by Phat J
for mixtapes: soundbombing 2 - rawkus, more of a compilation but the same idea
chicago: the underworld - mass hysteria
chicago city limits - molemen
gleamin the cube - rude one

album wise: beauty & the beat - edan
debacle in a bottle, music to drink by, blame it on the hooch, sin-a-matic - louis logic
optimus prime - prime
stress: the extincxtion agenda - prganized konfusion

theres more but i got sick of listing them...

you like that Organized Konfusion album?

it's top 3 of all time in my opinion.

D00m
as far as albums (hip-hop) goes I've been listening to:

B.I.G - Ready to Die
De La Soul - Is Dead
MF Doom - Doomsday
DJ Shadow - Entroducing

Pointinel
Originally posted by D00m
haha @ back like cooked crack

You know what Juelz be smokin... look how skinny that negro is.

i know you aint feeling that... but thats the shit!

once i get the cake to buy my ride, that's the first shit im gon put in the stereo

D00m
Nah, I was laughing at the name of the mixtape.

I haven't heard it, so I'm not hatin on the mixtape itself.

FistOfThe North
Has anyone ever heard a stictly west-coast mixtape CD. I know they probably have some, just never heard any. That'd be something right there, i'd listen to one, I would sound maad different no doubt.

Pointinel
lol, the chronic.

its almost like a mixtape.

the chronic = west coast's illmatic

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Pointinel
lol, the chronic.

its almost like a mixtape.

the chronic = west coast's illmatic

The Chronic.

I kinda agree with you on that equation but I always looked at it as an album. Either that or Doggiestyle.

But i'm talking about like mixtape soundin', with mixing, like s*** from the east. Like what we have here.

D00m
It would be cool if we all could make our OWN mixtapes and then have a contest for best mixtape... Just for bragging rights. But that's probably too much work.

FistOfThe North
It would be cool if we all could make our OWN mixtapes and then have a contest for best mixtape... Just for bragging rights. But that's probably too much work.

Come to think of it, that might not be to difficult a thing to do. You got a PC mic? I'm sure you can maipulate it so you can give shout-outs along with some jams like the chorus if you want or introduce the song and why you picked it or who you dedicate it to. Like "This next joint right here!...." etc, whatever..

Maybe have a intro with your own freestyle accapela or over another beat, you know.. Or if you have a CD burner you can make one with song you have on your PC. You can do the art on the cd cover, give it a sick title or something for '06, you know, hand it out sell some..

Pointinel
im trying to learn FL studios

shit is complicated

Phat J

did you mean a playlist or what fist was talkin about, cuz id be down for the playlist. thats too much work for me to do the other thing, way too much.

D00m
did you mean a playlist or what fist was talkin about, cuz id be down for the playlist. thats too much work for me to do the other thing, way too much.

I meant more of a playlist because that would be too much for me too. But I mean, if somebody still wanted to get down like that, do it. That would be dope to put in that kind of work. And the people who just want to make a "playlist" can do that. What you guys think?

D00m
We have enough people to vote, but would everybody listen? and be fair?

-hh-
We have enough people to vote, but would everybody listen? and be fair? im open minded. im in. thumb up

D00m
count me in too...

who else?

Pointinel
me too.

but everybody gotta up their list, and everybody must listen even tho if their juelz, dead prez, madlib or ying yang twins or whoever the fu*K.

cool?

D00m
but everybody gotta up their list, and everybody must listen even tho if their juelz, dead prez, madlib or ying yang twins or whoever the fu*K.

cool?

I agree 100%.

D00m
Let's all be fair and give everything a chance. Also, you can add/subtract points for cohesiveness, quality, ect. Not just on if you like the artists or not.

koolruningz
COUNT ME IN!!!
What we doin? embarrasment

D00m
Making our own mixtapes and then having everybody vote on which one is the best.

Phat J
im in

D00m
So far we have:

me
J
point
hh
kool
north

I'm going to start seeing what songs I'd think about putting together... should be fun.

koolruningz
Making our own mixtapes and then having everybody vote on which one is the best.

1. Any genre?
2. So we just list the playlists for our mixtapes right?
3. Is there a limit of tracks?
4. Whats the meaning of life?

D00m
Originally posted by koolruningz
1. Any genre?
2. So we just list the playlists for our mixtapes right?
3. Is there a limit of tracks?
4. Whats the meaning of life?

1. Just hip-hop
2. We pick which songs we want... then put them in the order we want the listener to hear them in.
3. No limit, just try not to bore the listener with 100 tracks, lol
4. There is no meaning, just enjoy your stay.

koolruningz
Thanks Yoda. wink

D00m
welcome, you are

koolruningz
laughing I had a feeling your response might be something along those lines but to actually read it cracked me up. Nice one.
cool

Phat J
laughing out loud

i think we should put a limit on the track number, under 30 or something like that.

most mixtapes ive heard have been something like that anyways.

D00m
Let's just try to make them 78 minutes at the MOST. What you can basically fit on a CD.

Phat J
good call

D00m
We definitely have to have a set of rules for this...

any questions or suggestions?

Refused
Sounds cool, i'm in.

Phat J
i honestly cant think of any rules, except for the length and type of music which were already said.

im too tired to start my list tonight, so ill take it on tomorrow after work.

Refused
Is there going to be a certain theme to all the songs in the playlist? Like "Best Lyrics", "Best Jazz Influenced Beats", "Hip Hop Loves Songs" stuff like that.

D00m
Originally posted by Refused
Is there going to be a certain theme to all the songs in the playlist? Like "Best Lyrics", "Best Jazz Influenced Beats", "Hip Hop Loves Songs" stuff like that.

That's up to the individual. The more creative, the better.

D00m
i honestly cant think of any rules, except for the length and type of music which were already said.

im too tired to start my list tonight, so ill take it on tomorrow after work.

Also, make sure to zip the albums because not everybody can open rar files. That's the only "rule" I can really think of at the moment...

-hh-
me too.

cool? agree. no bullshit on this guyz. we're all adults

i think

smokin'

-hh-
Also, make sure to zip the albums because not everybody can open rar files. That's the only "rule" I can really think of at the moment... should we make another official thread for this. set up rules etc...

D00m
Originally posted by -hh-
should we make another official thread for this. set up rules etc...

Yea, for sure. If I don't have one up by tomorrow, hook it up hh.

koolruningz
I'll have to drop out guys, to d/l all these mixtapes on dial up will take me about 3yrs.
sad

Phat J
that sucks man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.