Battle of the beasts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
The Reek vs. the Acklay vs. the Nexu. This fight is to the death and takes place in the Geonosian arena.

darthsith19
http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/9/91/Nexu.jpg

vs.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/6/6a/Acklay2.jpg

vs.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/8/8e/Reek.jpg

I say the Reek cause it's hide's really strong. We already know it can easily beat the Nexu. The Acklay could try and stab the Reek with it's claws but I think the Reek'd just charge it and kill it with it's horn.

Nilky
If jango kills it with 2 blaster shots it hide can't be that strong

darthsith19
Originally posted by Nilky
If jango kills it with 2 blaster shots it hide can't be that strong
It was one, not two. And it was a head shot at point-blank range.

overlord
Damn.. DarthSith19, watch what you type..

But anyway.. I'll go for the crazy rhino who will use the incredible stampede attack and jump through both beasts at the same time.

So, Reek.

darthsith19
confused

overlord
'Beats' instead of beasts. I was hoping for something cool in this thread.

Darth_Glentract
Acklay wins.

darthsith19
Originally posted by overlord
'Beats' instead of beasts. I was hoping for something cool in this thread.
embarrasment

Captain REX
Fixed that problem...

The Nexu is the weakest, I think, so definitely not the feline freak. The Reek has the charging attack, but the Ackaly could just stab it as it charges or sidestep with its agility.

*shrug*

overlord
Hmm.. I actually don't really see an acklay being able to fight a Reek storming forth even if he can cut through the skin.

Lightsnake
I doubt the Acklay could pierce the Reek's hide

Captain REX
In that case, goooo Reek.

General Envy
Acklay. Also, how do you do it can't pierce through Reek's hide? In SW website it saids it hide is tought as a tough leather, not durasteel strong. The claw of Acklay is very powerful and made MANY holes in the HARD packed Sand.

The reek will gore Nexu to death and Acklay will swipe Reek to his side. Then the Acklay will repeatly stab its hide on his side, penetrate it, then repeatly stab that same spot.

Lightsnake
I'm willing to put the Reek's skin as harder than sand...plus, it's more mobile than the Acklay

General Envy
But still, doesn't change the fact that Reek's skin is hard as a durasteel. Like I said, The Acklay will swipe the reek from its side and repeatly stab his side to death. If not, Acklay will go for Reek's belly by swiping the reek to his back.

Lightsnake
IF the Reek doesn't outrun and charge it first...

General Envy
Reeks are like Bulls or Rhinos yes? That means they have great weakness. They can only run fast STRAIGHT, once they move other direction, they move SLOW. Acklay sides steps, Reek stops to turn away, then Acklay uses the opportunity to swipe him, flipping to his side, then repeatly stabs his side.

Captain REX
The Acklay seemed pretty fast to me.

Council#13
Yeah, the ackley is the second most agile, and more fast than the reek, i think. anway, i dont think that the reek's hide is harder than the giant pole that the ackley broke. I say that the ackley and reek are the last two fighting, but the ackley wins

overlord
I don't think the Reek would just instantly stop running after the Acklay potentially steps aside. The beast will probably just rage on for a while before noticing that his opponent is behind him.

I'd be willing to bet on it that the Acklay wouldn't be smart enough to act like some Spanish bullfighter and manage to constantly evade and quickly cut when the Reek rushes on..
I actually think that there is only slight chance that the Acklay would have an opportunity and be able to grab it!

darthsith19
Originally posted by General Envy
Reeks are like Bulls or Rhinos yes? That means they have great weakness. They can only run fast STRAIGHT, once they move other direction, they move SLOW.
Mmm hmm, because Rhino's/Bulls and Reeks are identicle. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's the Acklay gonna do? Stab the Reek? How's it gonan do that when the Reek's rampagine all around the arena? After getting his lightsaber Obi-Wan made the Acklay look like a common enemy but the Reek still knocked him down.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by darthsith19
We already know it can easily beat the Nexu.

That's not true, homes. It was a cheap shot, ey. He attacked him from the side, while the cat-thing's attention was somewhere else.

Lightsnake
How the heck could that six legged thing step to the side without losing half its legs?

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by Lightsnake
How the heck could that six legged thing step to the side without losing half its legs?

It's called speed and agility. The Acklay ain't a fat mess like some people, it can dodge.

Lightsnake
Its body structure would provide a hindrance there...

darthsith19
Just like it dodged the electro pole Obi-Wan throw at it, huh? Just like it dodged Obi-Wan's lightsaber. laughing

General Envy
Just like it dodged the electro pole Obi-Wan throw at it, huh? Just like it dodged Obi-Wan's lightsaber. laughing

The genoisians were using a metal-like weapons against the Acklay all the time. Do you expect the Acklay to know that lightsabers can cut through ANYTHING when he only went against metal poles?

Oh yeah, yes a LIGHTSABER, while the Reek got WTFpwned by One Blaster shot by Jango. Like I said, the Reeks gonna slow down when the Agile Acklay side steps, then thats the opportunity to swipe him to his side, then repeatly stab him until he dies.

darthsith19
When the electro-poles ("metal-like weapons"wink were swung/jabbed at the Acklay it flinched/showed signs of fear. Yet when Obi-Wan swung the lightsaber, which you say it'd recognize as an electro-pole, at it it didn't react.

After damaging Jango's equipment, wtf pwning the Nexu, knocking down the same Obi-Wan that wtf pwns the Acklay and disarming Mace.

But that's never happen cause the Acklay's slower than the Reek. It took it longer to reach Obi-Wan's pole than it took the Reek to reach Anakin's pole. As if it'd have time to dodge and swipe the Reek at the same time. laughing

Twilight Janick
And the reek's head is its weak spot.

Council#13
So the Ackley can just jab it in the head? What the f**k?

I think that the Nexu will die first, seeing how it was killed by the reek (i dont care if it was a cheap shot). now the ackley, using it's superior agility can evade the reek and constantly jab and slash at it till the reek dies of injuries

Decay
i dont think the nexu would lose as easily as it did in the movie. id didnt see the reek comming. so yeah a reek can kill a nexu if it comes at it by surprise and gets a massive gore in. a nexu is agile as hell and would most likley be the smartest becuase its a mammal. i dont think it would win but i think it has a bad rep becuase of people assuming being taken by surprise means it would be soundly defeated in no time. with a full head of steam nothing short of a shot to the head can stop a reek i dont think. however, it is slow and cant go much other than gore so i might have to give this to the acklay, if it can avoid a fairly obvious charge it looks like it would be alot better in close quarters.

overlord
I'm sure we can all make up amazing theories of the Acklay evading all and getting lucky but I like to go with most logical approach.

Lightsnake
Look at that Acklay! That body won't be dodging very fast

DrDoom101
why are there so many options in the poll? no one has time to think it out. What the f**k?

darthsith19
confused

VISQUIS
Id say the Acklay wins

Captain REX
So far, most of the reasons for something winning are just asumptions or guesses.

Fishy
Originally posted by Captain REX
So far, most of the reasons for something winning are just asumptions or guesses.

Is it ever any different in a versus thread?

We assume Ragnos can pwn all, he'd likely can but perhaps just perhaps (however unlikely it may be) he would lose from Malak...

Assumptions are guesses are the back bone of the versus forum, especially when we have very little to no information about things, like these creatures.

Captain REX
Yes, but these assumptions are horrible ones. The Reek's head is a weak spot! Um, sure. The Acklays legs would explode if it walked sideways, and it thinks that a lightsaber is the same as an electropole. Sure thing.

Ahh. *kills*

Fishy
Okay, you're right... Those do suck.

PurpleSaber
Everybody is underestimating the Nexu here. The Nexu is definitely the most agile and could probably evade most attacks due to its small size and agility. It also has big jaws and claws. So I say the Reek dies first. Then its the Nexu and the Acklay. This could go either way but I give it to the Acklay here. After the fight, the Acklay definitely has injuries.

darthsith19
But the Reek killed the Nexu with ease.

PurpleSaber
But the Reek killed the Nexu with ease.
Yes, after it got some ribs broken by Padme. It also was caught unaware.

darthsith19
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Yes, after it got some ribs broken by Padme. It also was caught unaware.
Ribs broken? By a 100 something pound woman kicking it? And it could beat the Reek? Caught unaware? You need to watch the movie again, it was looking right at the Reek for a few seconds before the Reek ran into it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.