Gandalf the White Wizard vs. Ganon the King of Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Monthor
Gandalf finally made it to the top of the Misty Mountains where he slew the Balrog of Morgoth as Gandalf the Grey but now he is Gandalf the White. He gazes at the thick clouds and notices the dark aura in the area. The white wizard lifts his staff and draws his sword forged by the elves and turns to see the King of Evil, Ganondorf standing a few feet away from him.
"Dark one!" Gandalf shouted, "for what reasons do ye appear to me here?"
"I have heard much about you Gandalf the Grey," Ganondorf replied not seeing that Gandalf was hiding his white robes like he did in the Two Tower, "and so I have decided that you may be a threat if I allow you to continue to live."
"I am a servant of the sacred fire!" Gandalf shouted. Ganondorf smiled and transformed into his terrible form, Ganon and he looked down at the wizard and drew his two terrible blades. He came crashing down on Gandalf but the wizard created a barrier much like the one he did against the Balrog and with that Gandalf threw off the grey cloak he wore, "I am Gandalf the White!!"

Will the white wizard slay Ganon or is the king of evil too much for Gandalf?

Knuckles X 20
awwww shadow man u have again changed your name i thought this one was gonna keep damn im gonna have to change now was getting kinda bored of knux anyway

Monthor
I'm changing to ESB - 1138 soon

Knuckles X 20
cool im stalker 360

kamikz
LMAO I had a feeling that this thread would come sooner or later.

Anyway, I think Gandalf will stand a much better chance than either Sauron or Morgoth, but I still don't think he will make it.

mailedbypostman
Mind explaining?

IcePunk
Well, the old man's got light spells 'n' shit, but he doesnt have the master sword or the light arrows, but he puts up a better fight than Sauron.

ESB - 1138
Okay and Ganon was getting beat up by the White Sword and the Four Swords.

Zen2nd
Gandalf has the Istari Light attack which is basically and big beam of light that destroys evil. It can be seen in the game Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle Earth.

thegmeister53
This one is a little more fair because Gandalf at least has some light attacks, but that still isn't enough to kill Ganon. And the white sword/fourd sword still wasn't enough to kill Ganon. And did the first Legend of Zelda even have a story? Zen, was the Istari light attack the thing that Gandalf used to drive off the ring wraiths in Return of the King?

kamikz
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Gandalf has the Istari Light attack which is basically and big beam of light that destroys evil. It can be seen in the game Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle Earth.

It is not an attack, as seen in the movie and the book (which is the canon source) Gandalf uses it to scare them. For example, Gandalf in the game can kill Legolas with it, is Legolas dark? Also, the good side in that game can use the sunshine special ability to stun both the evil team and the good team, why would sunlight work on the good teams? It is just to balance the game so every team can beat every team.

And on the rest I agree with thegmeisters53.

thegmeister53
Kamikz, you're my hero.

kamikz
Lmao.

Thanks I guess.

Zen2nd
Well Istari light attack kills enemies in the game and since this is a computer versus forum it should comply.

Well then that would be a bit unfair then to have a move that you can only use against dark enemies, thus making Legolas invincible to Gandalf's attacks.

Plus also in the movie Legoalas, Gimli and Aragon altogether were no match to Gandalf and were disarmed straight away.

Also don't forget Gandalf's Word of Power which sends a huge blast around him.

thegmeister53
So wait because it's unfair, all the sudden Legolas is invincible to it? No, it doesn't work that way. If this is a game vs. forum and Legolas if affected in the game, then it affects everybody, not just dark enemies. Do you really think that Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn would be able to take Ganondorf, the king of evil? I doubt it. Ganondorf would wipe the floor with the 3 of them, they don't even have magic! And what's so special about Gandalf's word of power? Ganondorf can morph into Ganon, it evens out.

kamikz
Well Istari light attack kills enemies in the game and since this is a computer versus forum it should comply.

Well then that would be a bit unfair then to have a move that you can only use against dark enemies, thus making Legolas invincible to Gandalf's attacks.

Plus also in the movie Legoalas, Gimli and Aragon altogether were no match to Gandalf and were disarmed straight away.

Also don't forget Gandalf's Word of Power which sends a huge blast around him.

So? Then Ganondorf is impossible to kill except if you shoot him with a light arrow because nothing else works on him.

You can't just say that because this is a game vs forum and Legolas in the game is able to do something, means he can. He doesen't come from a computer game, he comes from a book, that is the canon part of Legolas. And think logically, could Legolas really take 100 arrows to the head?
You think Superman can be killed by gunshoots and punches by crooks because he can be killed that way in games?
You think Gimli alone could beat Gandalf the White when clearly in the book (the canon version of all the Middle-Earth characters) and the films he kicks the three hunters ass at the same time, not trying to harm them.

I said that the sunlight and Gandalfs Istaris light was able as an attack to everybody because it has to be balanced. If you play the game and face Saruman as Gandalf the Grey, you can use Istaris light and kill him instantly, I wonder why Gandalf didn't knock out Saruman that way in the movies. Mabey because he coulden't.
Istaris light did not kill people.

WOP (Word of Power) is not a power Gandalf has shown himself capable of doing, that's just something to spice up the character a little. If he knew it, he would have used it at Minas Tirith, or kicked the wolves asses in Bilbo.

I know this is a computer games forum, but that doesen't mean you have to take everything you see in them literally. How would you feel if you played a Mario game and died instantly when you bumped into and enemy or fell into lava, not very funny for a not so experienced player huh.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by kamikz
It is not an attack, as seen in the movie and the book (which is the canon source) Gandalf uses it to scare them. For example, Gandalf in the game can kill Legolas with it, is Legolas dark? Also, the good side in that game can use the sunshine special ability to stun both the evil team and the good team, why would sunlight work on the good teams? It is just to balance the game so every team can beat every team.

And on the rest I agree with thegmeisters53.
In Battle for Middle-Earth it kills enemies and this is a game vs. thread

kamikz
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
In Battle for Middle-Earth it kills enemies and this is a game vs. thread

Did you even read my latter post? Don't take everything you see so serious, you think Link could take 40 arrows to the head?

That attack would be a total waste if it just scared the enemy, Gandalf even did it to the orcs at Helms Deep, it just blinded those in the front lines. He did it to the Nazguls, they got scared.

In the game, Gimli is the only one that can jump (because of his leap attack), but he is supposed to be one of the worst jumpers in the fellowship. Does that mean Gimli is faking it at Moria, just as Gandalf is faking Istaris light every where else in the movie?

IcePunk
Damn it, I was just about to say that grrrr

kamikz
It never hurts to say it twice, just explain it in another way.
laughing

Zen2nd
But this is a games versus forum ! If stuff happens in games, even if the developers put it in to spice the game up are still allowed as arguments as it is a games versus forum .

Well that doesn't happen so why bring up the point?

But I'm talking about the game not the movie.

Odd, because Istari light is made from......LIGHT! and as seen from the game causes damage.

Its in the game and this is a games versus forum

kamikz
So Snake, a normal human being (some inhanced abilities) can take over 20 bullets to the head because he is in a game? How come he doesen't just stand open in a hallway and fire at everybody who opposes him.

Taking characters from a game vs forum means that you pick people that comes from games, and Gandalf is not from a game. You can't measure his abilities through gameplay, you need the canon source.
And even if you pick characters that comes directly from a game, you need to think logically. Is there any logic in how a normal human being can take 20 bullets to the head, but still tries to hide from the enemy.

Ok I'll go by your logic.

Link can never ever die because everytime you die you can choose continue and he lives again. Does that make any sense?

So what. How do you come to the conclusion that because it is light it must hurt people. He did it to the Uruk-Hai in the front lines in TTT when they were riding in Helms Deep, they were stunned not killed. If he knew WOP he would have done it there.

thegmeister53
(nominates kamikz for president)

kamikz
smile laughing

Zen2nd

kamikz

ESB - 1138
A Nazgul can be killed as shown by the Witch-King, the leader and strongest of the Ringwraiths

And Word of Power injured a Nazgul in Battle for Middle-Earth when it was at his highest point.

thegmeister53
Oh, this is gonna be good. (gets popcorn)

Zen2nd
Jeez who am I controlling then in Battle for Middle Earth? confused

Correct and this is a games forum.

You mean you've never ever seen the bloody health bars? Do you even look at the screen when your playing the game?

None of the bosses in MGS are normal!

Well that would classify that the character dies and thus have to start all the way from the beginning.

Actually at full power it takes very little time for his powers to reload.

Plus if I want I can cross reference between movie and game. The title of the thread says "Gandalf the White Wizard vs. Ganon the King of Evil" It does not say if he has to be from the movie or the games he is in.

Tidas

None of the bosses in MGS are normal!

Are you telling me that Olga isnt normal person?? confused

Zen2nd
Probably the only example of a normal person but you only ever fight her with the tranquilizer gun.

Its besides the point.

kamikz just seems to want to go on some big rant on whether or not I can use the powers that Gandalf has in a game within a computer games versus forum.

We haven't even got around to discussing the topic as he keeps crying because Gandlaf has these powers which kamikz doesn't want him to have even though they are clearly in Battle for Middle Earth and this is clearly a games versus forum.

thegmeister53
Hey! Don't rip on Kamikz, he's da president! mad

kamikz
Probably the only example of a normal person but you only ever fight her with the tranquilizer gun.

Its besides the point.

kamikz just seems to want to go on some big rant on whether or not I can use the powers that Gandalf has in a game within a computer games versus forum.

We haven't even got around to discussing the topic as he keeps crying because Gandlaf has these powers which kamikz doesn't want him to have even though they are clearly in Battle for Middle Earth and this is clearly a games versus forum.

Why do I bother, you don't seem to get this at all. Ok then. Ganondorf cannot be damaged in the game unless you shoot a light arrow on him after parrying those energy balls into him, after that, Ganondorf would destroy the whole place, and after that Gandalf would have to fight Ganon who can only be damaged on his tail (do you actually think that Gandalf's agility is above Link's, would Gandalf have a chance of getting around him?) then finish him off with the master sword. After that, he would need Zelda to call the six sages to lock Ganondorf inside the sacred realm, since they could not kill him. So what will Gandalf's little Istaris light or any of his other powers do to Ganondorf.

And to say none of the bosses in metal gear's are normal is BS. What's special about Fatman, what's special about Olga, what's special about Ocelot. Actually, few and near none of the people in MGS can survive a bullet, even though most of them are special.

ESB - 1138
This is Ganon the King of Evil not Ganondorf so why bring up the boss fight from OoT?

kamikz
It still take's the same matters to kill him, actually, nothing has proven to kill him, just weakening him. (Except if you mean the Ganon from the first Zelda game, but it still takes awefully much to kill him) You didn't say Gandalf from Battle for Middle-Earth, just Gandalf the White. That mean's Gandalf from the books, who is the canon version.

And Ganon in the first Zelda game can become invisible and teleport, and Gandalf can not see invisible people.

Zen2nd
Agility you say?

You do know that Gandlaf the Grey took on a Balrog with just a sword and the use of his magic. I'm sure he can handle Ganon since he's not falling into the shadow realm while battling him.

Gandalf is way more magical than Link with his puny light arrows! Gandalfs staff is able to fire a beam wave of light! Both have the use of light so both would be effective.

How is Fatman normal? He's a fat guy that goes around on rollerblades planting C4! How is that normal?

If Ganon went invisible Ganadorf would still be able to detect where he is. He is a wizard after all. Its much like how the Ring Wraiths detect where the ring is when its on and can still see Frodo when he is invisible.

Do not judge Gandalf on his looks he is more powerful than you believe.

kamikz
Agility you say?

You do know that Gandlaf the Grey took on a Balrog with just a sword and the use of his magic. I'm sure he can handle Ganon since he's not falling into the shadow realm while battling him.

Gandalf is way more magical than Link with his puny light arrows! Gandalfs staff is able to fire a beam wave of light! Both have the use of light so both would be effective.

How is Fatman normal? He's a fat guy that goes around on rollerblades planting C4! How is that normal?

If Ganon went invisible Ganadorf would still be able to detect where he is. He is a wizard after all. Its much like how the Ring Wraiths detect where the ring is when its on and can still see Frodo when he is invisible.

Do not judge Gandalf on his looks he is more powerful than you believe.

And tell me, what does Gandalf have except his sword, staff and magics.
The Balrog had fallen into water and the fire had gone off, I doubt he could handle him on flat ground.

Puny light arrows. His master sword and his light arrows were said to be the only things that could destroy Ganon, even with this they could only capture him in the sacred realm. Gandalf is the one with puny light powers. What powers has he shown except Istaris light that is light?

Your missing the point. Does being fat and having roller skates make you able to resist 20 shots in the head? The discussion was that there is no logic in any of the bosses taking that much damage, of course Fatman is not normal, but is he a human, yes. Can he take bullets to the head, no.

No. When Gandalf and the dwarves were waiting for Bilbo to come out from the mountian (where he had met Gollum and gotten the ring), Bilbo wears it and sneaks up on all of them. Then he takes it off and Gandalf is suprised. Same goes with Bilbo putting it on when he's having his 111 birthday. Gandalf is shocked when he disappears, if he could see him he would not notice any difference.

I know alot about Gandalf, you don't seem to though since you belive the game is the canon version. I know Gandalf is good, but he can't beat Ganon. How come Gandalf climbed up a tree when wolves attacked him + 15 dwarves, and the best he could do was sending fire works at them.

Zen2nd
Okay whatever has if it matters who wins. There not real anyway! So yeah whatever Ganon wins if you want. Here have this medal. hmmmm wow you won. I think? But they didn't really fight though....hmmmm so can we know for sure? ............. but since they are a part of our imagination I guess they will never die.

I'm saying this as I couldn't really be bothered to continue. After debating loads of characters it does get boring after a while and I must admit I do like going for the underdog sometimes as it makes it more interesting.

But to add, you never said why Ganon would beat Gandalf you only went on about light arrows and tails of all things.

kamikz
Why are you saying it like that, "here have a medal, wow you won". What have I done against you, we were just debatting, if your going to get pissed of then you should take a break.

Yeah it's fun to take the underdog sometimes.

Well, Ganon had to giant swords and an incredible strenght, in a melee fight Gandalf is doomed. He would not be able to parry his strikes.
Even if Istaris light would effect Ganon it would not kill him, not near, and since he cannot keep it up forever he would not be able to hold out for that long.
Ganon could turn invisible, Gandalf can't see him.
Ganon could teleport beside him and strike him, Gandalf might not be able to dodge that figuring that Ganon has two giant swords (or a giant spear) that he would swing against him when they are close to eachother.

thegmeister53
This is Ganon the King of Evil not Ganondorf so why bring up the boss fight from OoT?

How many times have we brought this up? They are the same person. Ganon is just another form of Ganondorf. It's one of his powers/abilities much like Gandalf's istari light attack. And we bring it up because even if Gandalf managed to somehow get through Ganondorf, how would he be able to get through Ganon when you have to hit him with the Master Sword?

Tidas
Originally posted by thegmeister53
Hey! Don't rip on Kamikz, he's da president! mad

Yeah. He is da president and u cant change it lol.

Zen2nd
It just had a nice zing to it.....I was bored sadwalk

ESB - 1138
How many times have we brought this up? They are the same person. Ganon is just another form of Ganondorf. It's one of his powers/abilities much like Gandalf's istari light attack. And we bring it up because even if Gandalf managed to somehow get through Ganondorf, how would he be able to get through Ganon when you have to hit him with the Master Sword?
Next time read something before you try to debate. I made it clear that Ganondorf transformed into Ganon. You can't be stupid now.

Gandalf finally made it to the top of the Misty Mountains where he slew the Balrog of Morgoth as Gandalf the Grey but now he is Gandalf the White. He gazes at the thick clouds and notices the dark aura in the area. The white wizard lifts his staff and draws his sword forged by the elves and turns to see the King of Evil, Ganondorf standing a few feet away from him.
"Dark one!" Gandalf shouted, "for what reasons do ye appear to me here?"
"I have heard much about you Gandalf the Grey," Ganondorf replied not seeing that Gandalf was hiding his white robes like he did in the Two Tower, "and so I have decided that you may be a threat if I allow you to continue to live."
"I am a servant of the sacred fire!" Gandalf shouted. Ganondorf smiled and transformed into his terrible form, Ganon and he looked down at the wizard and drew his two terrible blades. He came crashing down on Gandalf but the wizard created a barrier much like the one he did against the Balrog and with that Gandalf threw off the grey cloak he wore, "I am Gandalf the White!!"

Will the white wizard slay Ganon or is the king of evil too much for Gandalf?

thegmeister53

This statement implies that Ganondorf cannot transform into Ganon. They are the same people. The purpose of bringing up the boss fight from OoT was to show that even if Gandalf made it past Ganondorf, the second form, Ganon, would be unbeatable. And I may not be stupid, but you sure as hell are.

And Tidas I don't know. I'm hearing that esb-1138 is also running for president. And he's bribing them with candy too. sad

ESB - 1138
This statement implies that Ganondorf cannot transform into Ganon. They are the same people. The purpose of bringing up the boss fight from OoT was to show that even if Gandalf made it past Ganondorf, the second form, Ganon, would be unbeatable. And I may not be stupid, but you sure as hell are.

And Tidas I don't know. I'm hearing that esb-1138 is also running for president. And he's bribing them with candy too. sad

Ganondorf and Ganon are the same just like Link and Oni-Link are the same but I made it clear on the first post that Ganondorf has transformed into Ganon.

Zen2nd
But all of a sudden Gandalf summons the almighty foot that is sealed within my signature! Nothing can survive its awesome power! Ganon gets flatten by its power and is crushed like an ant, and is knocked out forever by the smell of the socks that are more powerful than the six sages sealing thingy power!!

thegmeister53
What the f**k?

kamikz
What the f**k?

Word. punk

Tidas

Then i dont know what to do big grin

thegmeister53
C'mon it's obvious. We have to use those sneaky underhanded tactics that all politicians use: Assassinations! evil face

thegmeister53
Originally posted by kamikz
Word. punk

Isn't it amazing how much can be said from just a smiley face? stick out tongue

Tidas
Yup... More that a 1000 words yes

Lord Magnus
I'd say Ganon takes it. Gandalf can pull off some crazy stuff--dude took down a Balrog--but Ganon in the end.

ESB - 1138
I dunno. That was Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White is far stronger then Gandalf the Grey.

Lord Magnus
True. It's hard to compare between universes like this. But I'd still say Ganon.

ESB - 1138
I think a Maia spirit has what it takes to defeat Ganon but it will be a close match

IcePunk
But then it would be the maia spirit who'd win, not Gandalf stick out tongue

Zen2nd
But then Ganon wouldn't win because it would be his swords.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.