Tha Art of War - Sun Tzu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I hold a business degree and I'm always told to read this book because it's like one of the best business book there is to read.

It may be.

Business is like war if looked at from a certain perspective.

Great Vengeance
Ive read the Art of War, yeah it can be helpful in alot of situations but its general and cant replace a good specific study on whatever occupation your going into.

Tallis
The purpose that people recommend Art of war for those going into the corparate world is because the book offers a sence of intimate knowledge of power and present the reader with useful if not vague description on how to fully understand and use the enemies own will against himself. This is handy in the business world because at times you need to be a little manipulative and out think and out buy your opponent.

RUSHmusicfan
There are thirteen tenets written in not too specific terms refering to military engagements in the course of battle fighting an opposing enemy . These tenets are not specific because the battle against an enemy is a metaphor for any enemy one might face in the course of one's life or career. The enemy could be anything or anyone, say, public opinon, corporate culture of a company, or just normal paperwork one completes at one's job. One of the tenets I will paraphrase as follows :

If your enemy is weak, attack.
If your enemy is strong, evade.
If your enemy is equal, " dis him ".

Pandemoniac
Indeed, The Art of War has it's origin from warfare, but the strategies, counters and solutions it describes are very good guidances in other conflicts, such as sports, business and even relationships.
It captures the possibilities of human behaviour and reactions, and how they can be influenced, used or at least approached in the most profitable manner.
Not for nothing that The Art of War is also referred to as The Book of Life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.