Remembering Martin Luther King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
How do you think things may have been different (better, worse, no difference at all) if MLK had not been assisinated?

Echuu
I think that if he would not have been assassinated that the civil rights movement would have made much more progress. I also think the ACLU would be a lot different.

Alpha Centauri
I can't really wager a guess on if they'd be worse, but they'd certainly be different because obviously the civil rights movement wouldn't have been as effective and a lot of the resulting changes wouldn't have occured, or occured at that time.

-AC

debbiejo
If he wouldn't of been such a leader we probably wouldn't of had the riot of 1969 in Detroit.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Echuu
I also think the ACLU would be a lot different.
Now I'm going to have to build a time machine to protect Martie.

Capt_Fantastic
I'll wager that he did as much good after being shot as he did before. I'm not trying to be insensative, however a martyr can be twice as effective. The one we should be discussing is Malcom X. He was killed just as he was starting to come more to the center of his call for racial equality. King was always a proponent of peaceful protest, Malcom X called for violence. But, that was largely due to his involvment in the radical muslim nation. X's views were changing when he was killed. Try to think of a single large US city that doesn't have a MLK drive/avenue/blvd. You can't say the same for Malcom X

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
X's views were changing when he was killed. Try to think of a single large US city that doesn't have a MLK drive/avenue/blvd. You can't say the same for Malcom X

Well, here in Boston we have Malcolm X Boulevard Where I live a train stop away from and it's near Downtown too.

Well, he did live here after all, on that boulevard even I think. The largest mosque in the Northeast is being built on that boulevard too. The things huge. I don't know if it's to commemorate him or not.

And N.Y. has a Malcolm X Boulevard as well.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'll wager that he did as much good after being shot as he did before. I'm not trying to be insensative, however a martyr can be twice as effective. The one we should be discussing is Malcom X. He was killed just as he was starting to come more to the center of his call for racial equality. King was always a proponent of peaceful protest, Malcom X called for violence. But, that was largely due to his involvment in the radical muslim nation. X's views were changing when he was killed. Try to think of a single large US city that doesn't have a MLK drive/avenue/blvd. You can't say the same for Malcom X
Bah, I preferred the Black Panthers anyway.

princegoku
i agree totally with what MLK stood for, about how everyone should be treated equally. skin colour doesnt matter at all its the person. i need that view because i plan to be a citizen of Japan in a few years.

Darth Jello
I think the Boondocks episode from this week pretty much covered. if you missed it, watch it on saturday on or use limewire.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by debbiejo
If he wouldn't of been such a leader we probably wouldn't of had the riot of 1969 in Detroit.

What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.