Are Blacks today taking advantage of the rights people sacrificed to get for them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Thread 2 of 2.

What I'm doing may be controversial and again i'm not trying to incite but to en-light and be enlightened, especially today.

My post:

There are things that I see that disturb me. Like last year, the murder rate in the city I live in, Boston, was at a 10 year high. The total amount of people killed was 75. in 1995 it was 96. On Jan. 1 the Boston Herald had the pictures of all 75 faces and how they died and when. Most of the victims were Black.

As I walk around or on the train I'm always observant, watching people while still living my life. And I see some not all some of the attitudes some Blacks have towards authority or just law in general.

I think to myself that this disregard of life or law is illogical. Blacks have more opportunities now more than ever. They now have access to anything white people have access to in the United States on behalf of other blacks giving up their lives earlier on so that they could have these wonderful oppertunities.

In America, the Black on Black crime rate is high. The H.S./College dropout rate amoung Blacks is high, the young pregnancy rate among Black teens is high as well as the fatherless crises and more! And it's like how the f*** can this be. It depresses me.

It kills me to the point of near tears for me to see such a talented group of smart individuals will not take advantage of the resourses they were denied before just based on skin color. This doesn't go to all Blacks, just the ones who are ignorant but at the same time know they have every chance to succeed now.

botankus
How come no one is responding to this thread, part two of FistaCuff's thesis? blink

Eis
Originally posted by botankus
How come no one is responding to this thread, part two of FistaCuff's thesis? blink
Maybe it's too controvesial and people don't want to get involved in it.

soleran30
Affirmative action! The reverse discrimination lawsmile

WrathfulDwarf
No is not controversial is just a reversal of his other thread and I see no point in dealing with the topic. Carry on people....no bashing (just in case there is any)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
No is not controversial is just a reversal of his other thread and I see no point in dealing with the topic. Carry on people....no bashing (just in case there is any)

You see no point in dealing with this topic?

Were you talking about yourself or that it'd be pointless for anyone to deal with the topic because if so it's like how could you say that with the day being the perfect time to discuss it. M.L.K. day.

Unfortunately it had to take today to come for me to bring it up, know why? Because myself and other people see no point in dealing with the topic. And thanks to your quote, I now see why there's a problem in the first place, cause no one sees the point in dealing of fixing it. And I know you may not care or it may not affect you in any way but it might affect others. That's probably why you see no point, cause it doesn't matter to you.

Personally, if someone needed a hand, or if i can give a hand in the world to any cause that has nothing to do with me, if I see and know it can better that group, I'd help out unquestionably.

Overall, every single human is interconnected with all the problems in this world. You'd be surprised at how beneficial getting involved can be to you and the one your helping out.

Uberking Robert
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Thread 2 of 2.

What I'm doing may be controversial and again i'm not trying to incite but to en-light and be enlightened, especially today.

My post:

There are things that I see that disturb me. Like last year, the murder rate in the city I live in, Boston, was at a 10 year high. The total amount of people killed was 75. in 1995 it was 96. On Jan. 1 the Boston Herald had the pictures of all 75 faces and how they died and when. Most of the victims were Black.

As I walk around or on the train I'm always observant, watching people while still living my life. And I see some not all some of the attitudes some Blacks have towards authority or just law in general.

I think to myself that this disregard of life or law is illogical. Blacks have more opportunities now more than ever. They now have access to anything white people have access to in the United States on behalf of other blacks giving up their lives earlier on so that they could have these wonderful oppertunities.

In America, the Black on Black crime rate is high. The H.S./College dropout rate amoung Blacks is high, the young pregnancy rate among Black teens is high as well as the fatherless crises and more! And it's like how the f*** can this be. It depresses me.

It kills me to the point of near tears for me to see such a talented group of smart individuals will not take advantage of the resourses they were denied before just based on skin color. This doesn't go to all Blacks, just the ones who are ignorant but at the same time know they have every chance to succeed now.

"talented group of smart individuals"? LOL!!! Good one!!!

But anyways I hear that crime in Toronto is a serious problem and that it's all caused by the fact that these monkeys fill up half the city. Send 'em back where they came from and there are no Carribean drug dealers in the street.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Uberking Robert

But anyways I hear that crime in Toronto is a serious problem and that it's all caused by the fact that these monkeys fill up half the city. Send 'em back where they came from and there are no Carribean drug dealers in the street.
Did you just call Blacks, Monkeys? You are a digrace to all of humankind, please go play with something poisonous.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did you just call Blacks, Monkeys? You are a digrace to all of humankind, please go play with something poisonous.

My point about hate speak Bardock is proven by his post!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
My point about hate speak Bardock is proven by his post!
No it's not. That'S a single example, one member (probably a sock) ...saying something unbelievably racist. You can report him....do it or never ever pretend to care aboot "hate speech" on here again.

Eis

Holy shit, I suggest you go throw yourself out of a window right now, you are an idiotic ignorant piece of scum.

Sir Whirly, how's that for hate speak?

PVS

when you finally decide to hang yourself, can you do me a favor and wear your klan hood when you do it? that would make an awesome picture.

thx smile

Jedi Priestess
ROTFLAMO PVS!!!! hysterical

KidRock
Thread 2 of 2.

My post:

Yes

Eis
Re: Are Blacks today taking advantage of the rights people sacrificed to get for them.

People should've never had to sacrifice ANYTHING for black people to have rights.

overlord
zOMG, the blacks are taking the advantage!! Help me!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Re: Are Blacks today taking advantage of the rights people sacrificed to get for them.

People should've never had to sacrifice ANYTHING for black people to have rights.

Oh, I didn't even notice that. this question kind of sounds like any blacks shoudl be grateful that whites gave some of their "rights".

Victor Von Doom
Oh, I didn't even notice that. this question kind of sounds like any blacks shoudl be grateful that whites gave some of their "rights".

I think it's more about what previous black generations have done, like the Suffragettes movement for women.

soleran30

Blacks fought and died in the civil war also for current "rights" to be had.

grey fox

So let's see , you just insulted a ethnic minority , already insulted women and their rights and i think you said something about beating people ....

Yup this guy stepped straight outta the 1950's......

Bardock42
Oh ok, I see, I guess you can take it both way, he probably meant it the way you say.

Eis
Originally posted by soleran30

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I think it's more about what previous black generations have done, like the Suffragettes movement for women.
Yes, but those movements or wars shouldn't have been necessary for black people to have rights.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Eis
Yes, but those movements shouldn't have been necessary for black people to have rights.

Clearly. I don't think that was the intent of the post, though.

soleran30
maybe but call it a learning curve of our culture. Does it suck certainly however that doesn't change the fact that it did occur. Really its about equal rights I think not just about rights in general.

grey fox
It's quite humorous that all of the earlier mentioned shit happens and a small minority still complain that the whites are constantly on their ass.....

PVS
Originally posted by grey fox
It's quite humorous that all of the earlier mentioned shit happens and a small minority still complain that the whites are constantly on their ass.....

chris rock put that into brilliant perspective

Eis
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Clearly. I don't think that was the intent of the post, though.
I know. That's why my post wasn't aimed at the thread starter.

maybe but call it a learning curve of our culture. Does it suck certainly however that doesn't change the fact that it did occur. Really its about equal rights I think not just about rights in general.
Yeah, but it shouldn't have.

KidRock
Gotta love 'affirmative action'. Give the minorities rights to colleges before anyone else because they cant do it on their own. Sad really.

PVS
RIGHTS to go to college?

you obviously have no idea what the hell 'affirmative action' means.

learn wtf it is before you criticise it.

kthx smile

KidRock

So why do blacks have more rights and privledges then whites? Affirmative action..

grey fox
Originally posted by PVS
chris rock put that into brilliant perspective

WTF ?

Bardock42
Originally posted by KidRock
So why do blacks have more rights and privledges then whites? Affirmative action..

They don't really though. i agree with you that in some cases it might have gone too far, but I wouldn't say that as a whole they have more rights and/or chances

PVS
Originally posted by grey fox
WTF ?

ZOMG!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?WTF?!?!?!?!///??/??

chris rock did a piece on how some younger black people tend to be overdramatic about discrimination in the face of older black people, who had to deal with some horrific shit on a daily basis.

Ushgarak

Ok, I'll just make it clear.

Never, ever make a flaming, trolling, racist and offensive post like this again. That is absolutely forbidden.

That is your one and only warning.

BobbyD
It's an interesting thread, FON. And kudos for adventuring to an area that takes some serious courage. Well said I might add also.

The answer to your question, IMO, is yes and no-some do (don't mean negatively either); some don't.

grey fox
Originally posted by PVS
ZOMG!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?WTF?!?!?!?!///??/??

chris rock did a piece on how some younger black people tend to be overdramatic about discrimination in the face of older black people, who had to deal with some horrific shit on a daily basis.

Oh ok ......

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, I'll just make it clear.

Never, ever make a flaming, trolling, racist and offensive post like this again. That is absolutely forbidden.

That is your one and only warning.

You think that's bad..... Ushgark , your gonna be pissed. That guy has a seriously bad look upon women , check out my thread which you just about shattered in one post . The guy believes Britan to be pussified because we don't have king and say's that women are weak on his CBF threads....

whobdamandog
Interesting question..I think the same question can actually be posed upon all Americans, regardless of their race/religion/creed. America as a whole is falling behind when it comes to academics, as well as economic growth. Quite frankly..the culture has bread a bunch of black/white/hispanic/christian/etc..lazy ingrates..who truly don't have any understanding of what the concept of "freedom" means..and wouldn't dare pick up a gun or go to combat..if they had to defend the "views" that they believe in.

So to answer your question...some blacks/whites/chinese/ etc are definately not taking advantage of the rights that were so vigourously fought for by those who have given their lives to establish these "God given" rights.

BobbyD
Bingo, whobdamandog. Perfect, actually.

Inspectah Deck

What the f**k?

mechmoggy
Send 'em back where they came from

I'm sorry, I had no idea this thread was a 70's British sitcom.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by BobbyD
It's an interesting thread, FON. And kudos for adventuring to an area that takes some serious courage. Well said I might add also.

The answer to your question, IMO, is yes and no-some do (don't mean negatively either); some don't.

Hey thanks.

You know, I wasn't going to start this thread or the other one because of the controversy I know comes with it. But I decided to do it because my want, for what I thought it was an important issue I felt had to be mentioned, was stronger than not wanting to post it because of its sensitivity.

I guess today, MLK day, made me observe what he stood for, for a second longer than normally.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Interesting question..I think the same question can actually be posed upon all Americans, regardless of their race/religion/creed. America as a whole is falling behind when it comes to academics, as well as economic growth. Quite frankly..the culture has bread a bunch of black/white/hispanic/christian/etc..lazy ingrates..who truly don't have any understanding of what the concept of "freedom" means..and wouldn't dare pick up a gun or go to combat..if they had to defend the "views" that they believe in.

So to answer your question...some blacks/whites/chinese/ etc are definately not taking advantage of the rights that were so vigourously fought for by those who have given their lives to establish these "God given" rights.

Wonderfully said.

crazylozer
I think it depends on which rights you speak of. The right to bear arms or freedom of speech for example have been taken to the brink of abuse in some cases. People buy 50 CALIBER RIFLES, which totally ignores the point of the right i.e. to defend one's self. Some who are in the public spotlight (rappers) simply say things not to get their point across, but to make a statement that they can say whatever they want without consequence no matter how many they offend.

On the other hand, the right to education or right to belief have sometimes been totally ignored. Because it isn't seen as 'cool' to attend high school on a regular basis, some simply choose not to. Because people ostracize those who are different, people tend to quash their own beliefs in order to fit in.

Basically, yes and no.

Rogue Jedi
You see no point in dealing with this topic?

Were you talking about yourself or that it'd be pointless for anyone to deal with the topic because if so it's like how could you say that with the day being the perfect time to discuss it. M.L.K. day.

Unfortunately it had to take today to come for me to bring it up, know why? Because myself and other people see no point in dealing with the topic. And thanks to your quote, I now see why there's a problem in the first place, cause no one sees the point in dealing of fixing it. And I know you may not care or it may not affect you in any way but it might affect others. That's probably why you see no point, cause it doesn't matter to you.

Personally, if someone needed a hand, or if i can give a hand in the world to any cause that has nothing to do with me, if I see and know it can better that group, I'd help out unquestionably.

Overall, every single human is interconnected with all the problems in this world. You'd be surprised at how beneficial getting involved can be to you and the one your helping out.
i agree with you. its in their nature to kill each other. i am not prejudice, i just call them like i see them.

K.Diddy
I say, yes

To the 1st post

FistOfThe North

Beats me.

PVS
i never saw so much racism packed into one thread.
its like a magnet for ignorance.

reality: it has nothing to do with being black and everything to do with poverty. the reason we dont hear much about dirt poor white people killing eachother is because its not something that is popularised and glorified by pop culture and exclusively spotlighted by a racist media. most of you need to wake the f*** up.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
the reason we dont hear much about dirt poor white people killing eachother is because its not something that is popularised and glorified by pop culture and exclusively spotlighted by a racist media. most of you need to wake the f*** up.

When dirt poor white people kill each other, the victim's names at least make it on the news instead of, "two people were killed on Sh*thole Avenue last night in a drive-by. The suspect was taken into custody early this morning. Now, let's look at this weekend's weather."

Bardock42
I guess there are also less "dirt poor white people" in the US than "dirt poor black people".

botankus
Hey, I know this is off-topic, but i'm not going into the OTF forum to see if anyone noticed that their profile changed when they post.

Now it says your gender and location, whereas it used to be your date registered and location. I thought Date Registered was better than gender. That way, there's less research to do on noobs.

Bardock42
Hey, I know this is off-topic, but i'm not going into the OTF forum to see if anyone noticed that their profile changed when they post.

Now it says your gender and location, whereas it used to be your date registered and location. I thought Date Registered was better than gender. That way, there's less research to do on noobs.

What are you talking aboot? My Profile is still the same....

botankus
I meant to the left of these words

<----------------------right here

Bardock42
I meant to the left of these words

<----------------------right here

Yes, yes...I know, that didn't change either ...still registered and Location

PVS
I guess there are also less "dirt poor white people" in the US than "dirt poor black people".

i wouldnt bet on that. its just that dirt poor black people tend to be concentrated in urban ghettos, thus the illusion of they are the vast majority of impoverished citizens.

botankus
Well, damn, mine says gender. confused

Like I care what gender anyone is. Last time I checked KMC wasn't a dating service.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
i wouldnt bet on that. its just that dirt poor black people tend to be concentrated in urban ghettos, thus the illusion of they are the vast majority of impoverished citizens.

Yes, most of the US is rural and agricultural, thus "dirt-poor" white people.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

Ok, that might be possible...you might not kill your neighbour if you need to walk five minutes to reach him....

Well, damn, mine says gender. confused

Like I care what gender anyone is. Last time I checked KMC wasn't a dating service.

I wish mine would say it...sometimes I need to know what gender I am fast...and I hav e to click on my profile to make sure so that would save me some time.

debbiejo
I like date registered much better.. cool...I wonder if anyone has N/A for gender.......hmmm must go look at VVD.

PVS
oh ffs make a thread about it messed

botankus
Hey, that sex change operation worked out great!

Ok, that might be possible...you might not kill your neighbour if you need to walk five minutes to reach him....

That's probably a decent statement in terms of validity.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
oh ffs make a thread about it messed

I hope you meant Debbiejo...and I hope you were being sarcastic..and I hope you meant in the OTF

Anyways, I checked...Raz changed it on the default skin...which I don't use...here you can read it

debbiejo
Your doing a lot of hoping today.

Shouldn't we be getting back to topic....??

OK, many blacks don't like whites, and many white don't like blacks, many Hispanics don't like Arabs...It just goes on and on.

botankus
Just like dogs don't like cats 'cause they're different from them. And sad, many dogs have clearer consciouses than a lot of racist humans.

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
i never saw so much racism packed into one thread.
its like a magnet for ignorance.

reality: it has nothing to do with being black and everything to do with poverty. the reason we dont hear much about dirt poor white people killing eachother is because its not something that is popularised and glorified by pop culture and exclusively spotlighted by a racist media. most of you need to wake the f*** up.

poor=less moral values when considering the well being of your neighbors I suppose.

HUD has HUGE interagency organizations that do nothing but assign section 8 housing to minorities and look out for the welfare of the now independant Native American Tribes. Poor or not there are alot of resources used by the govt to help provide for the less fortunate.

debbiejo
Just like dogs don't like cats 'cause they're different from them. And sad, many dogs have clearer consciouses than a lot of racist humans. Well at least little dogs get along with big dogs, Well, if they're in heat.

StyleTime
Just like dogs don't like cats 'cause they're different from them. And sad, many dogs have clearer consciouses than a lot of racist humans.
Isn't it strange that cats and dogs can still put their differences even though they're actually different species, yet humans have problems with other humans just because of skin color/gender/religion/mutant powers/etc?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9251/share2dogs2cats1bowgermansheph.th.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1745/bc25uw.th.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7528/dogcat8mz.th.jpg

Could humans learn something from "lesser beasts"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.