Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Has anyone read the first issue? I think its gotten off to a brilliant start:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan_previews/Jan11thpreviews.htm

First issue is a brilliant read try it out!! wink

SnakeEyes
It looks really awesome. I'll have to pick this up.

roughrider
I've seen the previews on www.immortalthor.net
Cool opening cover; I may yet pick it up.

kevdude
kool, i saw it at the comic shop the other day didnt pick it up, ima try to find the first 1 then keep reading till the minis over smile

roughrider
There's an interview with Mike Oeming about this series, at www.immortalthor.net
Click on the news section above. More artwork from upcoming issues, too.

long pig
Holy hell, it is a good comic. It came out of nowhere.

SnakeEyes
I'll probably be getting it today. I'll let you know what I think. Anyone else like this?

ScarletSpider
The first few pages had some confusing action sequences, but whatever--war's hell and chaos is it not?

Great issue besides, Mr. Mom Ares was pretty funny, but still tough as nails, can't wait for more. Not sure how I feel about all the guns and stuff, but eh, we'll see.

He's supposed to be joining a team or becoming an otherwise major player in the Marvel Universe after his series.

SnakeEyes
Okay, I got it, and read it, and thought it was great. I am somewhat skeptical about the whole Ares toting around guns thing, though. Still thought it was excellent though. I wanna see him kick some ass.

Thorin
havent read it yet but i have it reserved at my local comic shop, looks to be brilliant work.

long pig
Ares is the god of war, any war, all war. So, if he's on earth, it makes sense he'd be collecting earth weapons.

It makes sense, but it's a bit weird. If he plans on taking out Zues, he better have something better than a friggin' 9mm.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Blair Wind
anyone wanna post it? sounds promising and Ive always been a fan of greek mythology....

Blair Wind
coughpleasegs,snakeeyes,orscarletspidercough......shifty

SnakeEyes
Don't own a scanner, sorry. no2

Blair Wind
too bad..........what about the others?

Lucid Lui
Just finished reading it. Great issue. I'm really looking forward to Ares joining a team now, he's a great character.

When's issue 2 slated to come out?

Blair Wind
after the fist douh! lol

wanna post it? shifty

ScarletSpider
Wanna buy it so they make more?

Blair Wind
no

Serouisly I would.........if I wasnt broke like a joke...

like your sig by the way....

ScarletSpider
Thanks man. And I understand being broke...I have to save for college next year sad

Blair Wind
eek! me too, cept i have to pay tuition now at my highschool plus having to pay for college classes now.....

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Just finished reading it. Great issue. I'm really looking forward to Ares joining a team now, he's a great character.

When's issue 2 slated to come out?

Issue 2 is supposed to come out Febuary 8th.

roughrider
Ares was a backup pick of mine in the current tournament. Looks like the God the Punisher would pray to.

SnakeEyes
Well the first 3 issues are out right now and I like em all!!

Anyone else read them yet?

thundercracker
yup got all 3 that are out there all awsome

olympian
Best Oeming work overall so far. And thats saying a good bit.

And im sold in the artwork, i didnt even knew who this guy was..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.