The "Batman Begins" ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
So is Scarecrow going to be in the sequel? I think he could be used better than he was in this movie. Do you think he'll return? I'd like to see that character back only stronger and better.

So what does this mean for The Joker? Liuetinent Gordan gave Batman a joker card at the end of the movie. But Joker has already been in a Batman movie so how is that going to work?

DarkWizard
confused

It's a restart of the series. Sean Penn will most likely play the Joker.

Not to mention you posted in the wrong forum.

Punker69
What? I thought it was going to keep being filmed as prequels to the original Batman series. Ah, yes, I did post it in the wrong forum. My mistake.

DarkWizard
Nope. I thought so too. But It's a complete Restart. And I'm SO Glad they did so.

Chris Nolan is genius.

.Dance_Inside.
eek! I hope Cillian Murphy comes back to Play Scarecrow in the sequal..that would be freaking awesome, because it never explained what happened to him in the movie.

Punker69
Yeah, it just said that Scarecrow was still not accounted for. I dont want them to restart the entire series. Even though the movies are great I still think they should still be made as prequels but whatever.

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
confused

It's a restart of the series. Sean Penn will most likely play the Joker.

Not to mention you posted in the wrong forum.
Sean Penn? A joke? I think you forgot about our friend Crispin Glover.

DarkWizard
Yes Crispin would be great. But I read an article saying Chris Nolan Favored Penn.

Solo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/simonpimpernel/c434f3a4.jpg
I don't think Sean Penn will be chose, Glover has a gigantic following for the role, if he's not chosen there will be a huge outrage.

The Scarecrow is gone, and won't come back, if anyone has read the comic books.

Tptmanno1
Yea, even from soly the movies, The scarecrow is done as a character.

BackFire
Penn would suck, Glover would be ace.

Wolfie
I heard rumors about Justin Timberlake playing Two-Face in Batman Continues.

The next one will be crap, just like Batman Begins. The only thing worse than a remake is a "restart".

rox
why is scarecrow done as a character

Tptmanno1
He went crazy and was locked up, nothing really more for him to do. They wrapped it up nice. Just the way then ended his storyline, no room for anything else.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
He went crazy and was locked up, nothing really more for him to do. They wrapped it up nice. Just the way then ended his storyline, no room for anything else.

The Last time he is showed, is when the city is being covered in hallucinogens, and scarecrow gets shocked in the face by Rachel. Then his horse rides off with him dangling from it.

Originally posted by Wolfie
The next one will be crap, just like Batman Begins. The only thing worse than a remake is a "restart".

Batman Begins was Awsome IMO. This is one of the few re-trys of an old series that went well.

T.M
Batman Begins was Awsome IMO. This is one of the few re-trys of an old series that went well.

Agreed. I think re making them is a great idea because the originals (apart from the first one) where IMO awful.

Murray
Chris Nolan did a beautiful job, and he'll do even better with the next one. Crispin Glover would be absolutely perfectly creepy for the Joker. It would be a great choice.

Punker69
Crispin Glover doesn't seem like the smiliy kind of guy.

Impediment
Batman Begins was a superb movie, faithful to the true origins of the Dark Knight, and totally redeemed the franchise. I, personally never liked any of the previous Batman films. Tim Burton destroyed Batman with the first two movies, as much as Joel Schumacher did with the last two. One thing I never liked was the fact that Batman killed his foes at the end of the movies (Joker, Penguin, and Two-Face) despite the known fact that Batman has adamant feelings about killing. And I know what you all might say: "But what about at the end of BB? Batman kills Ducard/Al Ghul!" Well, if you remember correctly, Batman said, "I'm not going to kill you, but I'm not going to save you, either." Anyway (I'm getting off topic) I think Scarecrow will be back eventually, seeing as how he made his escape in the first movie, and I would love to see Glover as Joker. Sean Penn is too old, and, personally, I can't stand him.

Knightfall93
I reckon Crane will return but not in number 2. It'd be cooler if he lay low for a while then was a bad guy for the first half hour (Bond- style) in Batman: Act III.

DarkWizard
Moved.

Rafkins_Warning
Okay... Penn as the Joker... no, just can't picture it personally, and Crispin would make a good Ace but not Joker... like punker said, he just doesn't seem the smiley type.

As for Scarecrow... he is done for comic-wise and story-wise, but it would be nice to see him later on in the films, just for fun. He was very underplayed in BB.

atharpina
Wait so can someone please explain in good measure what exactly happened to Scarecrow in the comics? Did he die or something?

Rafkins_Warning
No... just went to Arkham and well... in longevity he gets out once or twice I think but gets put back quick by Batman... he doesn't really have much of a big role after his first appearance...

I like him in Batman/Scarecrow Year One... he's more sinister and more believable and just better... so yeah... don't really have anything else to say on the subject at the moment... LOL!

Punker69
I agree, I thought he was very underplayed in the film. I haven't read the comics but I always thought the Scarecrow was going to be a more sinister and evil person. Not a geek who weres a rag with holes as a mask and shoots illusion gas at you when you piss him off.

Cascador
Well I'm not so familiar with the scarecrow so I didn't mind he was "underplayed" as you put it...I think the reason is simple why isn't such a maniac...I mean look at the Joker...he's a maniac, but still he isn't screaming like an idiot like two-face and the riddler. It makes it very realistic that you have actually a maniac...or just someone who is crazy, but you don't notice very well that he is crazy...cause these days you will pass by a lot of people who are actually crazy but just appear as normal...it's just more realistic...and that is the strength of Batman Begins...its realism.

Knightfall93
Cascador, you aren't familiar with Batman are you? Two face and Riddler only scream like idiots in that crappy Batman Forever by Joel Schumacher and Two Face is normally a great, sinister, evil schizo, not a gay looney! Jim Carrey is NOT a bat- villain type and TLJ's too old and badly written to be a convincing Harvey Dent. Scarecrow is actually quite nerdy and obsessive in the comics, he's a bit like that in Knightfall Pt 2: Who Rules the Knight? when he fights Jean Paul.
Joker is more "screamy" than most but he's gotta be HATED 100% by the audience to be used to max effect!

Mr Parker
Nope. I thought so too. But It's a complete Restart. And I'm SO Glad they did so.

Chris Nolan is genius.

me to and yes he is.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wolfie
I heard rumors about Justin Timberlake playing Two-Face in Batman Continues.

Uhhh hate to break the news to you but Batman Begins wasnt crap.It was the ONLY good batman movie we have had. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cascador
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Cascador, you aren't familiar with Batman are you? Two face and Riddler only scream like idiots in that crappy Batman Forever by Joel Schumacher and Two Face is normally a great, sinister, evil schizo, not a gay looney! Jim Carrey is NOT a bat- villain type and TLJ's too old and badly written to be a convincing Harvey Dent. Scarecrow is actually quite nerdy and obsessive in the comics, he's a bit like that in Knightfall Pt 2: Who Rules the Knight? when he fights Jean Paul.
Joker is more "screamy" than most but he's gotta be HATED 100% by the audience to be used to max effect!

Do you think I actually was talking about the comics?? oh my! Of course I was talking about the film...I think the Joker was a success in the film cause like I said he aint screaming like that Two-Face was in that stupid- f***ed up film of Joel Schumacher...that's why I think scarecrow is also a success. And ain't he nerdy in the film? yes!

Lord Magnus
First of all: Do you really think they're actually "done" with Scarecrow in the comics? It's a comic! Gwen Stacy's alive, Jason Todd came back, even Uncle Ben being dead isn't a sure thing anymore. So you think he's done cause he's gone insane???

As for the movies, now that Bats has the antidote Scarecrow is no longer a threat, he'll just get rounded up like any other psycho. Thing that bugs me is that a movie Zsasz would be soooooo cool. R-rated, yes, so they wouldn't do it, but still. They kinda wrote him off by making him a cameo. Could have at least given him a couple lines and shown him killing people with that there knife of his.

atharpina
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
As for the movies, now that Bats has the antidote Scarecrow is no longer a threat, he'll just get rounded up like any other psycho. Thing that bugs me is that a movie Zsasz would be soooooo cool. R-rated, yes, so they wouldn't do it, but still. They kinda wrote him off by making him a cameo. Could have at least given him a couple lines and shown him killing people with that there knife of his.

Actually the whole point of the Scarecrow was that he always found a way to create an even greater fear toxin. Now that he's on the streets, he may just find a crude, but effective new way to make fear toxins. I'm not saying he needs a huge part in a new movie. Just another one to wrap up the small part he already had. Show him using his gas for evil, not just for business. You know what I mean? As for Zsasz, I think what they did with him was perfect. He isn't a largely threatening villian, hes honestly probably lucky to be slipped in the way he was at all. Sure, killing would have been neat to see. But this is and always will be a child attracting franchise and the directors have to keep that in mind while filming.

Rafkins_Warning
I agree Atharpina... what they did with Zsasz was perfect, he got a nice little cameo and it worked great for him in the film.

And I know Scarecrow isn't done for in the comics, I was just stating that as of now he is storyline wise, but it would be nice to see him more in the movies... just cuz...

Knightfall93
Cascador, sorry matey, I thought you were actually taking f**king Joel's shit to be genuine Bat- lore! LOL. Ok, sorry about that, mate. Oh, and won't Jason Todd just collapse and bloody well die, please!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.