What did Jesus think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Son of Man
People commonly say Jesus only understood himself as a good man, and moral teacher. That is totally against what he claimed of himself. So, what do you belive Jesus self-idenity was? Mine was that he belived he was The Son of God. Be ready to defend your beliefs. smile

Council#13
i dunno

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Son of Man
People commonly say Jesus only understood himself as a good man, and moral teacher. That is totally against what he claimed of himself. So, what do you belive Jesus self-idenity was? Mine was that he belived he was The Son of God. Be ready to defend your beliefs. smile

So, do you think he believed he was the only son of god?

I think he believed that we are all the children of god.

Mindship
My understanding is that Jesus referred to himself as the "son of God" only 2x in the Bible, in John, chapters 5 and 11. It was the language of the Jews at that time to use the phrase "son of God" as meaning a devout and religious individual. On the other hand, Jesus refers to himself as "son of Man" (at that time, meaning a human being) some 81 times.

Of course, there is also the role of the Roman emperor Constantine, and the influence he had on determining the nature of Jesus and his relationship to God.

debbiejo
^Truth....and we could also call ourselves sons/daughters of god also..and yes Constantine and councils made religion what it is today with Jesus being one with god, or a god.

Son of Man

Son of Man

Son of Man

Son of Man

Son of Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.