Does anybody but me remember the 1990's Fox X-Men cartoon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uberking Robert
IMO it had the best themesong besides the 90's Incredible Hulk cartoon and the early 90's Batman: TAS series.

Jose123
I remember it. It's what got me interested in comics in the first place.

long pig
duh nuhna nuh nuh NUH! duh nuhna nuh nuh NUH!

The Ion
I remember being pissed they never wrapped up the psycho Morph storyline or maybe they did and I missed it. sad

Draco69
I have Storm's voice permanently etched in my mind...which is why I hate it when her dialogue makes the voice so awkward.

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
I remember being pissed they never wrapped up the psycho Morph storyline or maybe they did and I missed it. sad

they rehabilitated him, he got over his phobia of sentinels and then he took out master mold while it was getting rebuilt

then he said that he wasn't ready to come back yet and flew off on his own (back to Muir Island or something)

The Ion
Originally posted by Scoobless
they rehabilitated him, he got over his phobia of sentinels and then he took out master mold while it was getting rebuilt

then he said that he wasn't ready to come back yet and flew off on his own (back to Muir Island or something)
Now I'm pissed he didn't go back to the team. sad

Originally posted by Draco69
I have Storm's voice permanently etched in my mind...which is why I hate it when her dialogue makes the voice so awkward.
Also why it's hard to watch Halle Berry play Storm. laughing

Jose123
Originally posted by Draco69

The first season voice wasn't so bad. but the second Va.....Ugh!!!

Jose123
This topic needs a theme song

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/159-x-men/

jasofisc
hey jose the x-men cartoon is what got me into comics also. the fifth season sucked. All other seasons where great. I serously think that it was the best superhero cartoon ever. Right next to the 1990's Batman cartoon when fox was running it. I just loved how ever deep both were. I don't see that in any of the cartoons now adays except for maybe JLU which seems to get better the more I watch.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jose123
This topic needs a theme song

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/159-x-men/

man i loved that series... i hardly knew who the X-Men were before watching that

and do you notice at the end of the opening sequence, Jubilee runs into the Juggernaut!

laughing out loud

The Ion
Yeah, the opening sequence made me think Jubilee and Juggs had a Wolverine/Sabretooth type of rivalry. confused

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
Yeah, the opening sequence made me think Jubilee and Juggs had a Wolverine/Sabretooth type of rivalry. confused

It's a "J" thing!

yes

dman2008
The X-Men Cartoon was great my second favorite super hero cartoon. Next to Batman the animated series which in my opinion was a lot better.

The Spiderman animated series was pretty good too.

Hey wasn't there another X-men cartoon before this one?

Jose123
Originally posted by dman2008
The X-Men Cartoon was great my second favorite super hero cartoon. Next to Batman the animated series which in my opinion was a lot better.

The Spiderman animated series was pretty good too.

Hey wasn't there another X-men cartoon before this one?

yep only a pilot was ever made

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/635-x-men-1989/

King_Mungi
Repo Man was a great episode, expect at this time I had no idea who those people were. Wolverine was my all time favorite character at this time.

Didn't Morph transform into Sasquatch in that episode?

Scoobless
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Repo Man was a great episode, expect at this time I had no idea who those people were. Wolverine was my all time favorite character at this time.

Didn't Morph transform into Sasquatch in that episode?

Sasquatch, Angel, Sabretooth (i think) and a bunch of others

King_Mungi
Sasquatch, Angel, Sabretooth (i think) and a bunch of others

Word, I gotta redownload that thensmile

dman2008
yep only a pilot was ever made

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/635-x-men-1989/

That is a great site it has lots of TV shows that I had forgotten about.

dman2008
Hey didn't Prof X die at the end o the series or something

Scoobless
Originally posted by dman2008
Hey didn't Prof X die at the end o the series or something

no, i don't remember what happened in the last episode.... i just remember the artwork started going to hell and a lot of the voice actors got changed... which is annoying

Jose123
no, i don't remember what happened in the last episode.... i just remember the artwork started going to hell and a lot of the voice actors got changed... which is annoying

Gambit if remember correctly changed from sounding alright to sounding like he had his vocal cords slashed then reattached in a Mexican hospital.

The second voice was the one who voiced him in the capcom games. Except louder and with more lines.

Prof x was injured and then lilandra took him to heal up in her love ship.

Magneto came and took Prof.X place.

One thing that alway bothered me about the whole series was the art mistakes. I can't count the number of times Gambits eyes changed from normal looking to Black and red. or the number of times rogues X symbol on her chest changed from green to red to green to red.

klintypooh
http://members.aol.com/drg4/x.html?f=fs

Everything you needed to know including goofs and all the cameos.

Only coz I love you all.

Uberking Robert
Lololol...now I remember that show "Conan the Adventurer". It had a great themesong but from what I remember the actual show sucked...Conan was too handsome and nice looking, and it definitely wasn't nearly a violent enough series (IIRC the actual novels by Robert E. Howard contained a lot of things that the censors would never, ever allow to get into a kids' cartoon).

roughrider
The show was very faithful to the comic stories, even adapting them from the page. But storytelling wise, it was kinda stiff, and the aniamtion had no flair. The caricature-style, which is heavy in animation right now, has more energy to it. The Justice League looks good because of it.

Uberking Robert
I hate Justice League.

GODSCRIBE
yup, i have the entire collection.

golem370
The Morph thing he got pulverized by the Sentinel then Mister Sinister took over his mind and had him attack the X-Men and then he was sent to Muir Island for treatment against is tramua then later he came back and they faced Master Mold but he was still not ready and he left again.

Quick Freeze
i remember an even older x-men cartoon. i have an episode where an old love of firestar messes up cerebro and spider-man was there and it was all crazy! it was a big x-men team too with like thunder bird and sprite etc

Scoobless
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
i remember an even older x-men cartoon. i have an episode where an old love of firestar messes up cerebro and spider-man was there and it was all crazy! it was a big x-men team too with like thunder bird and sprite etc

That was:

"Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends: The X-Men Adventure"

smart

Quick Freeze
yeah thats it!
so was there a whole x-men seires running at that time too or was that just special for that episode of sp&haf

Jose123
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
yeah thats it!
so was there a whole x-men seires running at that time too or was that just special for that episode of sp&haf

just a special

Scoobless
Spidey & Amazing Friends is what first got me into the world of Superheros.... before that i only read and watched Transformers

Ultimate Rage
Spidey & Amazing Friends is what first got me into the world of Superheros.... before that i only read and watched Transformers

haha it was funny how they voiced wolverine....especially in the episode where juggs attacked ......he had this weird french/"i am high" accent

Jose123
Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
haha it was funny how they voiced wolverine....especially in the episode where juggs attacked ......he had this weird french/"i am high" accent

Australian if i remember correctly mate.

Ultimate Rage
Australian if i remember correctly mate.

perhaps i actually saw this episode a few days ago....it sounded more like french...but i had 4 shots of vodka so i might be wrong angel

FG725
Wolverine had the ability to turn his claws into fences in that show awesome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.