Most Disrespected X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Not by character necessarily. But by writers and readers also. The guy who always gets the short-end of the stick.

I vote for Angel. One of the original five and NEVER gets into the media. Cyclops? Always. Jean? Always? Warren. Maybe a cameo or the next sequel...

Now the poor guy lost his powers....

X-Woman
Cyclops definately...just look at his small roles in the films.

NoFate007
Gambit. He has immense potential and hell, take a look at how much screentime he's gotten.......exactly.

buffymitch
Gambits name did show up in X2

Dr.Genesis
it did? where?

Disappear
on the computer files mystique was looking up in stryker's lab.

Dr.Variant
yeah wheres warrens love???
personally hes my favorite marvel character.
first off he was one of the original five (like draco said) but no one knows him, no one knows that he was anything but archangel.
which brings me to my next point, after loosing his powers via amputation he basically sold his soul to apocolypse for his wings. that shows some pretty big balls, cyke wouldnt do that. but after he thought he killed iceman he rebelled against apocolypse, shed his steel wings and dawned his own feathery apendages that were concealed all the while.
thank god he is in x-3, maybe people will finnally learn a thing about the greatest x-man. although i personally think people would be learning about angel the worng way and people would jump on a warren worthington III bandwagon.

Blair Wind
me? Iceman, because writers dont know shit when it comes to countinuity, sometimes hes powerful other times hes a whiny *****....

peejayd
Originally posted by Dr.Variant
he basically sold his soul to apocolypse for his wings. that shows some pretty big balls, cyke wouldnt do that.

* yes, because Cyke is not that irrational... Cyke won't go to Apocalypse... smile

* yet Cyke did sacrifice his life for his son... that, i think, was one thing Warren (a millionaire playboy) could never do... stick out tongue

* but yes, Warren should have some spotlight, along with the other underrated X-characters... hell, i hope Warren will trick Logan to go fly with him and ditch the overrated freak in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... laughing

StyleTime
Gambit is the most disrespected.

The readers think he can't even put up a fight against the likes of Nightwing, Daredevil, or Batman.

The writers have him loosing to BULLSEYE!(WTF!)

His accent is mocked.

Many don't really even know his powers.

His only redemption is in the movies. In X1 he was.....oh wait. At least in X2 he......wait nevermind.

Gambit is definitely the most disrepected.

wannabe
Originally posted by Dr.Variant
yeah wheres warrens love???
personally hes my favorite marvel character.
first off he was one of the original five (like draco said) but no one knows him, no one knows that he was anything but archangel.
which brings me to my next point, after loosing his powers via amputation he basically sold his soul to apocolypse for his wings. that shows some pretty big balls... I agree, except for the "ball's" thing...it was pure desperation and not courage what drove him...

Btw...isn't it HORRIBLE, that Icarus got his Wings amputated as well by now cry

LeDiableBlanc90
Originally posted by Blair Wind
me? Iceman, because writers dont know shit when it comes to countinuity, sometimes hes powerful other times hes a whiny *****....

I agree completely. I really like the guy, but in the past few years some writers have really been taking the piss. *cough* AUSTEN. *cough* MILLIGAN.

GODSCRIBE
Wolverine. Dude can't get a b!tch to save his life.

Lady Fi
Polaris yes ...she hasn't had a decent scene or costume in years (the purple is okay but not great)...and some really needs to pay attention to the fact that she is occasionaly insane...and occasionaly not...

Dr.Variant
yeah, poor Icarus. must be shitty. heh

Kal875
Ithink bast isthe most direspected character

(he was also seen in X2)

katie_girl09
Originally posted by StyleTime
Gambit is the most disrespected.

The readers think he can't even put up a fight against the likes of Nightwing, Daredevil, or Batman.

The writers have him loosing to BULLSEYE!(WTF!)

His accent is mocked.

Many don't really even know his powers.

His only redemption is in the movies. In X1 he was.....oh wait. At least in X2 he......wait nevermind.

Gambit is definitely the most disrepected.
OMG! laughing out loud That last part about the movies was funny! And the Bullseye thing was kinda weird IMO. And seriously? People don't think that Gambit could take people like Nightwing? Isn't that Dick Grayson? Whatever...

bitca730
Jubilee seems to get a good bit of dis.

Kal875
Jubilee is a moron

bitca730
Like I said... "Jubilee seems to get a good bit of dis"...she has had very little character development from what I've heard....

braz
Archangel...i havent heard his name mentioned once in these forums, and he was one of my favs back in the day

wannabe
Originally posted by braz
Archangel...i havent heard his name mentioned once in these forums, and he was one of my favs back in the day He was in one or the other thread, but nonetheless you are absolutely right...he's underrated!!! mad

StyleTime
Originally posted by katie_girl09
OMG! laughing out loud That last part about the movies was funny! And the Bullseye thing was kinda weird IMO. And seriously? People don't think that Gambit could take people like Nightwing? Isn't that Dick Grayson? Whatever...
Yeah some guy was arguing in the VS forum that Gambit would lose to Nightwing because Nightwing has some kind of "ninja stealth attack" or something laughing.

Bullseye should have had his head blown off too.

willRules
Originally posted by Draco69
Not by character necessarily. But by writers and readers also. The guy who always gets the short-end of the stick.

I vote for Angel. One of the original five and NEVER gets into the media. Cyclops? Always. Jean? Always? Warren. Maybe a cameo or the next sequel...

I say either Beast or Xavier. Beast is always the character who is in the background and only says the occasional thing in the comics, which nobody cares about or understands. Plus he is all sad cos of his looks.

Xavier is immensely powerful, amazingly clever and incredibly overlooked, just cos he is seen as a bald guy in a wheel chair. The founder of the X-men, one of the worlds most powerful telepaths and yet he is overlooked and his powers constantly downgraded because of a new storyline to bring in a powerful telepath. AOA showed us how screwed up everything would be if not for him.

the only good respect is when someone says, "wow this telepath has powers that could rival or surpass xavier." And sill that ain't much of a compliment for poor old chuck...............

steverules
We did get to see his full power when he put magneto into a vegative state. Beast we hardly ever see anything from but hopefully the movie will show of beasts powers, and Xaviers powers should be shown.

Kal875
Yeah they should but Xavier's also a jackass

katie_girl09
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah some guy was arguing in the VS forum that Gambit would lose to Nightwing because Nightwing has some kind of "ninja stealth attack" or something laughing.

Bullseye should have had his head blown off too.
OMG! A ninja stealth attack?! laughing out loud OMG! I'm sorry but that's just too funny for words! Come on! Gambit is a mutant with super agility and everything... Nightwing is just a normal human being as far as I know...
Wow! People really do underestimate Gambit!

pr1983
Nightwing is alot more talented than people give him credit for, and alot of x-men can be taken down by stuff that would take a human down. adding to that grayson is as agile as they come in dc...

that said, gambit has alot of firepower...

i say iceman or angel... both need some continuity and focus...

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
We did get to see his full power when he put magneto into a vegative state. Beast we hardly ever see anything from but hopefully the movie will show of beasts powers, and Xaviers powers should be shown.

In astonishing x-men 12 ( I think) he beats danger, and its very impressive, considering danger knew thousands of different outcomes to the scenario the were fighting in..................

vaya_the_elf
Well i would think Toad would be, but I'm one of the people that disrespect him. He really is annoying

botcherby
Originally posted by Draco69

ICEMAN is the most disrespected... even YOU forgot to mention him

writers write him as a jerk...
everyone should be afraid of his power but they aren't... because hes a loser
hes always in the background, never gets to actually do anything

and the reason is ladies and gentlemen is because Iceman is so powerful, he can do everything the team can do... except for telepathy... iceman needs to go solo and really show off his powers

but he won't... because hes so disrespected

botcherby
OMG! A ninja stealth attack?! laughing out loud OMG! I'm sorry but that's just too funny for words! Come on! Gambit is a mutant with super agility and everything... Nightwing is just a normal human being as far as I know...
Wow! People really do underestimate Gambit!

but nightwing beat down gambit in Marvel vs. DC?

willRules
Originally posted by botcherby

A|ll I remember from that issue is one panel of Gambit throwing his cards at Nightwing, who is backflipping out of the way..........not much of a contest between the two IMO...........

Blair Wind
ICEMAN is the most disrespected... even YOU forgot to mention him

writers write him as a jerk...
everyone should be afraid of his power but they aren't... because hes a loser
hes always in the background, never gets to actually do anything

and the reason is ladies and gentlemen is because Iceman is so powerful, he can do everything the team can do... except for telepathy... iceman needs to go solo and really show off his powers

but he won't... because hes so disrespected

AGREED, now everyone listen up....GO AND PRESS THE LINK ON MY SIG for the Iceman respect thread....thank you and good bye.. stick out tongue big grin

katie_girl09
When?

botcherby
When?

well apparently Nightwing just dodged everysingle attack of Gambits... thats all

katie_girl09
laughing out loud Oh, okay.

Altar[1stONE]
what about beast in the x-men tv show, the guy was doing time like in the first episode. I always remember watching the first season and half the time he was in jail lol laughing

Next Venom_girl
Wolfsbane gets no respect. sad

botcherby
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Wolfsbane gets no respect. sad

not really anymore... her reveal in Xfactor recently was totally hardcore

VoldieAutumn
Most disrespected? Well, as much as i wanna say Scott, i can't cause he's everywhere, i HATE jean with a passion...Logan is everywhere, so is Rogue....
what about Nightcrawler...and Jubilee....>.< gambit probably too....there are alot of them....

insane genis
havok....always playing second fiddle to scott..even though in my opinion he is stronger...sometimes wid a lil help from lead pipes never the less

Darkman87
The one who changes himself to anybody he wants.

botcherby
Originally posted by Darkman87
The one who changes himself to anybody he wants.

Changling? or do you mean Mimic?

Changling is dead and Mimic is Evil... neither should be respected!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.