Hermiones Time turner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starlopery
Warning, this post includes information from books 5 and 6.

What ever happend to Hermiones time turner? if for some reason she does not have it at the end of HBP, then couldnt the Harry and his friends sneek back into the MoM into the room where the cabinet holding time turners was his by a hex/ curse, and get a new one? They could go back in time to prevent the event with dumbledore and snape.

It was just something that came to mind, not sure if this could happen.

Coonskin 13
You didnt get book 3 did you?
1. you can't mess with time like that.
2. Why would they sneak back in again just for that? too dangerous.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Starlopery
Warning, this post includes information from books 5 and 6.

What ever happend to Hermiones time turner? if for some reason she does not have it at the end of HBP, then couldnt the Harry and his friends sneek back into the MoM into the room where the cabinet holding time turners was his by a hex/ curse, and get a new one? They could go back in time to prevent the event with dumbledore and snape.

It was just something that came to mind, not sure if this could happen. Also, if you haven't noticed, you can't really change time. They stuff Hermione and Harry did happened the first time Harry went through it. Such as the Hippogriff(sp?) getting set free and the patronus being formed. They probably know they can't do anything.

Imperial_Samura
Yes..., they were quite specific about the laws of time and all that. Besides, I am fairly sure at some point Hermione mentions how the stock of time turners were all accidently destroyed by them during the battle in the Department of mysteries.

Neo_Version 7
How convenient.

TheSun
Time Turners don't exist anymore, we were told in Book 6 that they were all destroyed when Harry and his gang had the fight in the DoM at the end of OOtP.

Council#13
...... what they said (?)

Godshinto
Gesh man I would have thought the same thing though, why couldn't have harry gone back and saved his mom. I mean I know from many years of reading and watching about time travel that even killing a bug could set off a series of horrible events. But even when hermoine used it in PoA, she changed stuff she hit harry in the head with the rock she moved buckbeak she changed and touched stuff, so don't think they couldn't have done that I bet you it was a thought that JK Rowling had, she must have destroyed them for a reason.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Godshinto
Gesh man I would have thought the same thing though, why couldn't have harry gone back and saved his mom. I mean I know from many years of reading and watching about time travel that even killing a bug could set off a series of horrible events. But even when hermoine used it in PoA, she changed stuff she hit harry in the head with the rock she moved buckbeak she changed and touched stuff, so don't think they couldn't have done that I bet you it was a thought that JK Rowling had, she must have destroyed them for a reason. If you notice, time never changed. That stuff still happened before Harry and Hermione used the Time Turner.

sasee tiin
we just have to admit one fact. With a so huge imaginal universe as JK has made up, there have to be some explanations and parts that don't "fit" perfectly. This is one. Harry and hermione prooved that it is possible to change time. For instance, why hasn't the order used the timeturnes earlier, to get LV?
they would then know exactly when and where he would appear...

another question that comes to my mind after reading HBP, is why the order don't use Felix Felicis when fighting DE.

there are some of these questions, but it would be impossible to what JK has done without making some few mistakes.

The Phantom
They never actually changed time, Harry and Hermione. Hasn't anyone been listening to me? What happens happaned before they went back, so it was meant for what they did to happen.

silver_stars
Originally posted by sasee tiin

another question that comes to my mind after reading HBP, is why the order don't use Felix Felicis when fighting DE.

there are some of these questions, but it would be impossible to what JK has done without making some few mistakes.

well the felix feicis he gave to his friends, and its an extremely difficult potion to make

DanZeke25
The whole Dumbledore/time turner thing wouldn't work because you can't be seen, and i don't know how they would save him without being seen.

Imperial_Samura
I would imagine the time turners had to be destroyed because what JR had created there was a problematic plot device that would lead to situations like this - why can't such and such go back and secretly do this... I mean if they hadn't been destroyed we could have arguments going "Dumbledore knew what was going to happen because someone in the future is going back and telling him in the past, so he knew he was going to die.... etc, etc" - it spoils narratives where plot devices turn up and solve all problems.

As for the luck potion - well, they have (had?) Snape, one of the greatest potion makers ever - it wouldn't surprise me if they did have a stock somewhere, for emergencies only. It couldn't be used all the time as Slughorn said it's toxic in large amounts, and leads to dangerous amounts of certainty and all that. I guess this to could have been seen as a plot device - but it has such strong limits that stop it just being used to solve all problems.

Barker
Hermione gave it back to McGonagall at the End of Poa. Since all of the Time Turners were Destroyed anyway, This is Impossible.

J.k. obviously broke all the Time Turners on Purpose, To dispell any Theories like this one.

Makae
It's not like there's a limited amout of time turners. I'm sure that the broken ones would be replaced, but it's not legal to abuse them like you guys are sugesting. And Barker's right, Hermione did give the turner back. They wouldn't just let a kid keep something like that.

Godshinto
Originally posted by Makae
It's not like there's a limited amout of time turners. I'm sure that the broken ones would be replaced, but it's not legal to abuse them like you guys are sugesting. And Barker's right, Hermione did give the turner back. They wouldn't just let a kid keep something like that.

I'm pretty sure that they controled all of the time turners for many resons as for hermoine giving it back at the end of the semester that's mostly probably what happened, Remember Hagrid he said that you could have all applied for one if they weren't all destroyed in HBP. And like I said it seemed mabey a little too convienent plot device so she had to destroy them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.