Your Favourite Hair Metal/80's Rock Metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
When I was young I was massively into this sort of stuff and when I hear them nowadays i get a warm feeling inside big grin .

You know the more gay, make up caked, hair rock n roll / blues/rock based stuff as opposed to straight metal like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Poison
Motley Crue
Cinderella
G'n'R
The Georgia Satellites
The Black Crowes
Dokken
The Dan Reed Experiment
Thunder
The Quireboys
Def Leppard
White Lion
The MS Group
Whitesnake
Crazy Nights by Kiss

For the guys in the UK, did anyone used to read RAW magazine and watch RAW POWER on a Thursday night at like 3am? Good Times big grin

Alpha Centauri
What a stupid name, rock metal. If ANYTHING hair metal should be pop metal.

Out of those bands, G'N'R.

-AC

Darth Jello
ew.....
one of my favorite bands, TSOL, was a punk pioneer who became a hair metal band from 1986-1992....

If i had to pick one, i'd say twisted sister cause dee snyder is tha shit.

BobbyD
No Bon Jovi?
sad

These are where his roots are from?

Grimm Reaper
What a great thread. My favourites are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Saxon...oh and in response to BobbyD Bon jovi is cool too. I've heard a little Def Leppard and I liked it and I like the song Kiss of Death by Dokken. What about Hammerfall? Are they from that era? They seem like it, well if they are then I like the song Renegade!

Sir Whirlysplat
G 'n' R should not be in with the others - Whitesnake were the best "hair metal" band as Coverdale had the best hair!

tinkerbell668
Oh oh I like Guns and Roses, Poison, and Def Leapord.....those are my favorite

papabeard
Yeah I think Pop Metal is more suitable.

How could I forget Bon Jovi and Twisted Sister.

What about Extreme, I saw them at the Playhouse, my first gig embarrasment

Bierbommetje
Spinal Tap > All other hair-metal bands

MildPossession
I like Dokken out of that list. I use to listen to this type of metal music loads a few years ago, hardly listen to it now.

Sir Whirlysplat
G 'n' R were to good to be in with these bands - they were far more credible as well!

papabeard
Mr Big
Ozzy's 80's stuff
Vain
Stryper ( Christian Pop Metal)
Heart

There were so many of these bands, how is such mass stupidity even possible.

Darth Jello
stryper- HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

papabeard
W.A.S.P = We Are Sexual Perverts
The Dogs D'Amour

Deano
iron maiden
scorpions
dokken
saxon
white lion
death lepperd
white snake

Pezmerga
Scorpions are amazing.

Darth Jello
Remember grim reaper? Their videos were hilarious!!!

papabeard
LA Guns
Angels With Dirty Faces
Little Angels
Warrant

papabeard
www.bighairmetal.com/

Vixen
Britny Fox = They had a great song called HAIR OF THE DOG which was a cover of the song by arghhhhhhhhhh cant remember the name of the band, they were scottish, the drummer used to live round the corner from me, does anyone know the name of the band?

papabeard
TOP 100 Hair/Glam/Pop Metal Albums :

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/flying_dino/top_100_glam_hair_metal_albums_of_all_time

Df02
why the hell isnt 'Def Leppard - Hysteria' higher than 37?

papabeard
Cos I want and I need and I love Animal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.