Punisher vs. BATgirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
Both have six hours prep...fight takes place in NYC...both believe one another are violent serial killers...bloodlust on...what happens...

Jose123
Prep? I don't know?

How good is Cass Prep anyway?

Without it Cass kicks castles ass. With it I don't know.

jgiant
I really don't know much about cass's prep skills...

godking
Punisher

Cass would kill him in h2h

But punisher does not go h2h if he does'nt have too. Punisher could easily snipe Batgirl from far away.

Tassadar
Originally posted by godking
Punisher

Cass would kill him in h2h

But punisher does not go h2h if he does'nt have too. Punisher could easily snipe Batgirl from far away.

Cosighned

Comicbook_kid
Punisher puts a bullet in her skull 300 yards away on top of a water tower before poor Batgirl knows what's goin' on....

batman2505
post removed

batman2505
post removed

Dayscribe
Originally posted by batman2505
quote removed

image removed
Punisher sends a bomb in his place, followed by a well placed RPG to finish her off.

grey fox
If it get's close then Batgirl takes this , unfortunately with prep Castle can sit on top of a roof with an SVG and just wait. Although i hear BG can dodge bullet's.

spetznaz

grey fox

spetznaz
Originally posted by grey fox
I knew cassie could sense bullets by the air pressure , but i thought that a snipers bullet might be going just a bit too fast for her to dodge ?

She's dodged sniped rounds from David Cain both as a child (when she expected him to be shooting, but was blindfolded), and as an adult (when she didn't know he was shooting, or for that matter had a contract out for her, and was thus totally unawares of any shot coming her way until the last moment).

If she can detect and evade an unexpected shot from Cain she can do the same exact thing for Castle (an analogue).

grey fox
Originally posted by spetznaz
She's dodged sniped rounds from David Cain both as a child (when she expected him to be shooting, but was blindfolded), and as an adult (when she didn't know he was shooting, or for that matter had a contract out for her, and was thus totally unawares of any shot coming her way until the last moment).

If she can detect and evade an unexpected shot from Cain she can do the same exact thing for Castle (an analogue).

Ok .

Punisher get's slammed and then cries about how he got beat by a girl.

jgiant
ok...so just because frank "cant" shoot cass means he loses...can cass feel the pressure of an rpg...or clamore mines...frank is no one trick poney, he can kill u in more ways than u can dream up...

Gregory
And yet, his comics seems to consist mainly of his shooting people.

I think Punisher might be able to kill Cas if someone told him before the start of the fight, "Hey, you know that thing you do where you get within ten feet of the badguy and then try to shoot him? That's not going to work." But by the time Castle figures this out on his own, he'll be spitting up blood.

spetznaz
Originally posted by jgiant
ok...so just because frank "cant" shoot cass means he loses...can cass feel the pressure of an rpg...or clamore mines...frank is no one trick poney, he can kill u in more ways than u can dream up...

Frank is definitely not a one-trick pony, and on top of that I'll be the first to say that he is a really interesting character. Very dynamic, and one of the few comic characters that can literally exist in real life.
To be honest with you I'm amazed that he even survived the crazy (read:stupid) censorship boards that plagued comics in past decades .....after all the Punisher was 'realistic' (read: bullets instead of whizzing laser-pistols and super-strength) and moreover not even a true hero (he is more anti-hero).
The very fact that the Punisher line survived is a minor miracle all by itself, especially at a time when comics were made 'silly' (again, ludicrous villains and weapons that looked like squirt-guns and super-powers that were just implausible) so as not to go against social decorum and propriety.

I also 100% agree that Castle can kill someone in more ways that a person can dream up.

The thing is this though .....I look at Castle, BUT I also look at Cassandra.

Cassandra could come up with more ways to kill a person than Frank Castle could conceptually conceive, and probably at the time she was 8 years of age.
The girl was trained to be an assassin (she was deemed ready for her first kill at the age of 8), and was not only trained by Cain but also by the League of Assassins.

To paraphrase Bullseye; Frank Castle is great (no doubt about that), but Batgirl is magic.

Anyways, Castle could lay a several kiloton range atomic device and detonate it (good luck Batgirl trying to evade a nuclear detonation), but 1) It would also take out the Punisher and 2) YOU said that both thought that the other person was a violent serial killer, and thus I doubt Castle will be scrounging for an atomic device and set it up in 6 hours just to nab a serial killer.
The most likely setup, particularly based on the parameters YOU established, would be either an efficient long-range shot (and most -all- of the people who believe Castle can snipe at Batgirl from '300 yards' obviously went for this), or a brutal beatdown (since he may want to meet out harsher punishment to a serial killer).

Either one is to the Punisher's detriment.
H2H he is a toy compared to Batgirl.
Long-range his attacks have no efficacy since to kill Batgirl his bullets would have to penetrate her suit, and to penetrate her suit the bullets would have to hit her suit, and to hit her suit she would have to be positioned in the same locus that Castle was aiming at.
Problem is she will sense the shot/shots and be already moving towards Castle by the time the first bullet passes through where she was standing.

Anyways .....long story short.
Punisher is THE man.
For many many many reasons (ranging from good story lines in general to a 'real' character with truly human/realworld issues, to the fact he is a miracle-man to have survived the inane censorship of prior decades). Castle is a king!

Only problem here is that he is facing Batgirl.

How did that childhood mockery line go? "Anything he can do she can do better / she can do anything better than him .......

samishe
Originally posted by spetznaz
Frank is definitely not a one-trick pony, and on top of that I'll be the first to say that he is a really interesting character. Very dynamic, and one of the few comic characters that can literally exist in real life.
To be honest with you I'm amazed that he even survived the crazy (read:stupid) censorship boards that plagued comics in past decades .....after all the Punisher was 'realistic' (read: bullets instead of whizzing laser-pistols and super-strength) and moreover not even a true hero (he is more anti-hero).
The very fact that the Punisher line survived is a minor miracle all by itself, especially at a time when comics were made 'silly' (again, ludicrous villains and weapons that looked like squirt-guns and super-powers that were just implausible) so as not to go against social decorum and propriety.

I also 100% agree that Castle can kill someone in more ways that a person can dream up.

The thing is this though .....I look at Castle, BUT I also look at Cassandra.

Cassandra could come up with more ways to kill a person than Frank Castle could conceptually conceive, and probably at the time she was 8 years of age.
The girl was trained to be an assassin (she was deemed ready for her first kill at the age of 8), and was not only trained by Cain but also by the League of Assassins.

To paraphrase Bullseye; Frank Castle is great (no doubt about that), but Batgirl is magic.

Anyways, Castle could lay a several kiloton range atomic device and detonate it (good luck Batgirl trying to evade a nuclear detonation), but 1) It would also take out the Punisher and 2) YOU said that both thought that the other person was a violent serial killer, and thus I doubt Castle will be scrounging for an atomic device and set it up in 6 hours just to nab a serial killer.
The most likely setup, particularly based on the parameters YOU established, would be either an efficient long-range shot (and most -all- of the people who believe Castle can snipe at Batgirl from '300 yards' obviously went for this), or a brutal beatdown (since he may want to meet out harsher punishment to a serial killer).

Either one is to the Punisher's detriment.
H2H he is a toy compared to Batgirl.
Long-range his attacks have no efficacy since to kill Batgirl his bullets would have to penetrate her suit, and to penetrate her suit the bullets would have to hit her suit, and to hit her suit she would have to be positioned in the same locus that Castle was aiming at.
Problem is she will sense the shot/shots and be already moving towards Castle by the time the first bullet passes through where she was standing.

Anyways .....long story short.
Punisher is THE man.
For many many many reasons (ranging from good story lines in general to a 'real' character with truly human/realworld issues, to the fact he is a miracle-man to have survived the inane censorship of prior decades). Castle is a king!

Only problem here is that he is facing Batgirl.

How did that childhood mockery line go? "Anything he can do she can do better / she can do anything better than him .......

Calling Punisher realistic character isn't really correct. He is MUCH stronger than any other trained human and even in h2h he could give Batgirl some trouble.

Tassadar
Frank uses a lot of traps and such in Marvel Knights as I recall, and her dodgeing sniper bullets is only caused by the jobber aura that comes with the bat themed costume
And she cant dodge Frank sweeping an area with an m60 or minigun

Superherovandal
she's weaved between multiple bullets before.

godking

Superherovandal
she doesn't hear it she feels its pressure. and avoids it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by godking
300 yards ? Punisher has recorded kill shots from well over a 1000 yards away i dont think Cassie can hear well over a 1000 yards away that would be hard even for Daredevil. Even though the premise of hearing the shot is impossible since scientifically you DONT hear the shot that hits you.

1) I am not the one who was saying 300 yards .....I was showing how LUDICROUS it was for someone to quote 300 yards.

2) She does not use hearing to detect the shots, thus making the distance between target and rifle larger doesn't amount to much.

spetznaz
Originally posted by samishe
Calling Punisher realistic character isn't really correct.

Calling Punisher realistic, particularly if I use quotation marks (thus having it be 'realistic' and not just realistic), is actually very proper and correct.
Punisher is one of the most 'realistic' characters in a genre that has people flying into space while wearing skin-tight suits with an 'S' on their chest, being lords of the sea yet flying about in the air and having little wings on their ankles, getting irradiated with gamma radiation and instead of dying a horrid death becoming nigh invulnerable green monstrosities, or turning into flame with a glorious cry of 'flame on.'

Even characters like Batman and DareDevil are no where near the level of 'realism' that is innate to the Punisher (particularly Ultimate Punisher, who doesn't even wear a real costume). It is kind of a stretch to swallow a billionaire who has delved into every single aspect of knowledge and ability in the world, and can spout forth information on every under the sun while fighting off 15 armed men at the same time.
It is even more ridiculous to have a blind lawyer jumping off skyscrapers and perceiving things with not just enhanced senses but something called a 'radar sense.'

Thus the Punisher is one of the most 'realistic' characters in comics.

Gregory
When Punisher faught Batman, he got his ass kicked and was ran out of Gotham. And Cassandra's just as good a fighter as Bruce.

(If Punisher was realistic, he'd be dead a hundred times over; I don't know how anyone can think of him thaty way)

superman41082
Originally posted by jgiant
Both have six hours prep...fight takes place in NYC...both believe one another are violent serial killers...bloodlust on...what happens...

I'll assume you mean Cassie. With prep, I'd say Punisher at least takes half or more. He'll take somewhere between 5 & 7 out of 10. W/out prep, Cassie mops the floor with his face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.