Which era of Jedi are better overall?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SS_181st_Snow
Which Jedi are better? The era of when Yoda was in office or at the time between Jedi Academy Trilogy and the end of NJO when Luke was head honcho? And which's technique actually worked? Yoda's raising and teaching them from Birth and sending them with a Master? or Luke's just finding them and teaching almost everything he knew and sending them off either alone or with a friend? And finally, which was safer? Yoda giving them little training sabers when they were Padawans or Luke's no lightsabers until they were ready? (Even tho I think if Luke had all of the technology the Old Jedi had, he'd've made them training sabers)

Pwned61
While I think no matter what era we're talking about, an average jedi, is an average jedi. But the master's of the NJO under Luke are quite possibly the most powerful collection of Force users since the ancient sith.

Council#13
I think the OJO was the best

Tangible God
With the exception of Luke himself, I don't see any of Luke's Order being better than the PT era.

Pwned61
Originally posted by Tangible God
With the exception of Luke himself, I don't see any of Luke's Order being better than the PT era.

Like I said, an average jedi is the same no matter what era your talking about. I'm just saying that luke's era has a number of other jedi that are among the best ever, Kyp, Katarn, the Solo's, Horn, all of them are near as strong as the best of the other orders.

Tangible God
Well, when just comparing to the PT era, I think only Yoda and Mace could take on Luke's order. (with the sad exception of Luke himself) But compared to the earlier Order's, I think Lukey's in a run for his money.

Pwned61
PT era: I agree, Mace and Yoda could take on a number of the better NJO jedi, however, the one's I mentioned would not only give them a decent fight (and I think in some cases actually win), but they are more powerful than any other Jedi of that order

Army of the Light: Off the top of my head, only Hoth seems to be of any note, and even he would be hard pressed to beat some of the guys in the NJO.

Old Republic: Again, only a couple of Jedi of note, Vodo, Revan and I suppose Sunrider.

First off, my knowledge of these different era's varies a lot so I may have missed someone, if you happen to think of anyone, please feel free to add them, but say why.

The list here is pretty much the only Jedi who could beat the higher ups of the NJO, and none number in very high numbers. So, overall, I think the NJO is the strongest.

Lightsnake
The OJO only has a few JEdi of note in one part of the era....the PT Jedi had a collection of exceptional warriors such as Yoda, Mace, Quinlan Vos, Obi-wan Kenobi, the Chosen One...Ruusan probably had a massive collection of strong Jedi...

Luke's Order is still budding, but is momentously strong...we've got Luke....Jacen'n Jaina, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Cilghal the healer, Saba Sebatyne, Kyp Durron...hell, that's not even counting Kam Solusar among others

Pwned61
Don't get me wrong Snake, I think every order had it's own hero's and skilled warriors (and I'm glad you included Vos among the PT jedi), but I'm saying that, perhaps because of the author's desire to do bigger and badder things, they are using force powers that surpass anything ever done before.

Next Venom_girl
IMHO KOTOR-era jedi pwn.

nate100
Sorry for going slightly off topic, but whats the differnce between a training sabre all the normal version?

I remember seeing the kid padawans in AOTC having "little" sabers, but is that the difference? Or is it that if your hit with a training sabre it'll just hurt but not slice & dice.

But back on topic, how would Luke know they were "ready" for a sabre if they had never had the chance to use one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.