Star Wars Empire at War demo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
The demo is now avaible for download; http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/starwarsdemo/index.html

Yet many ppl seems to be downloading righr now so the speed sucks, might be wise to wait a while before downloading.

henniestevens
you gotta pay gamespot first??

Mišt
Damn, I completely forgot about this! eek!

http://empire-at-war.com/

Lots of mirrors.

henniestevens
thx, I really cant wait for this game to be released. And even think I'm gonna buy it!

FistOfThe North
I can't wait for the game to come out. It looks massive. I love concept. I'll download the demo now. When it come out again? Feb, right?

Morridini
February 16

Dark Aristokrat
Downloading. I wasn't impressed by some of the pics, though.

henniestevens
I just finished the demo and I think this game is gonna be real good.
The cinematic mode is nice to use during battles and when this game gets a good multiplayermode I think it's gonna be great!

Mišt
It'd be sweet if you could have a 4 player multiplayer mode, where 2 people battle on the ground, and the other 2 battle in space...so each person has to play well to support their teammate.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Downloading. I wasn't impressed by some of the pics, though.

Is Lucasarts ever impressive when it comes to graphics? Bounty Hunter had the best of their recent things...and that wasn't even recent.

Dark Aristokrat
I had to cancel the download because it went from ten minutes to 21 hours.

And no, Lucasarts never splurges on graphics.

Lana
http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1211

Get it there, I downloaded the demo in under a half hour. Every other source I tried went about 20kb/s, tops, from that source it went about 500kb/s.

Morridini
Myself I downloaded at fileplanet and it went rather fast (wasn't at home though so dunno exactly how long it took).

FistOfThe North
These are the best looking graphics I've ever seen in a Star Wars game.

I completed the demo and I am satisfied as I forsaw. I will buy the game. You can use Vader, Boba Fett, the Death Star, it's multiplayer and more..

I saw the controls options and it has alot of Force options to chose from.

The game seems pretty hard but once you play a couple of times you get the knack for it and you'll do well, cinematics are beautiful and the graphic are super sweet. Well, i have alot of gigs and a nice video card i guess thats why. I'm able to play smoothly with all the graphical settings and options turned up to the max.

Cant wait for 2/16.

Captain REX
I hope at some point LucasArts stops being cheap and puts great graphics into their games.

calvin44
Ya, by the marketing and hype, i thought it would be incredible, but it looks like and old C&C.

Mišt
Originally posted by Captain REX
I hope at some point LucasArts stops being cheap and puts great graphics into their games.

Yeah, and maybe a bit of real world physics. Sure its Star Wars and it has its own rules, but would it kill them to make one-hit-kill headshots, or pile in a bunch of debris and stuff like HL2....Republic Commando, Bounty Hunter and Battlefront could have been so much better....

Originally posted by Morridini
February 16

Feb 8th for me drooliow00t

Fishy
Originally posted by Captain REX

I would rather have great gameplay and average graphics then great graphics and a sucky game... The first one will keep you entertained a lot longer. And the second they start spending huge parts of their budget on something like graphics they are wasting resources...

Mišt
But they have great games now, they could only improve by adding better visuals. Take...say....KOTOR....awesome game, pretty average graphics for its release. Amp up the models a bit and make it look more polished, and it'd feel like a better game.

Fishy

Morridini

FistOfThe North
The solution: Buy a better video card.

I did and it's unbelievable.

In Empire at War, the explosion of a Star Destroyer in space results in a firey and massive blue like shock-wave thats ripples out smoothly and ive even seen some tie fighters explode due to coming into contact with this shock wave, it's awesome. A better graphics card will allow you to see things you normally wouldn't you'd be surprised.

It's not like C&C at all either. It's way better. It's a more massive game. It's about Galactic conquest as opposed to C&C's small area conquest. I think ill play it now, again.

Mišt
Originally posted by Morridini
What? How? Why? Meaning of life? Where? (Any other question words there are)?

As for KotOR-- yes, both great gameplay and good graphic.
As for KotOR II--most people agree that it was very rushed, storylines abruptly ends without closure, a planet left on the cutting floor, and a lot of other plottwists left (like Atton killing the Disciple if u go Dark Side and is a female char that turns intimate with Disciple.).

Cause I am 1337 raver

Well Im pretty sure its Feb 8 over here (Aus)....

Release Dates:
NZ - 9th February, 2006
USA - 16th February, 2006
UK - 17th February, 2006
Germany - 17th February, 2006

www.empire-at-war.com

Well Aus isnt there, but I saw somewhere it was coming Feb 8th, and since NZ is 9th, Im assuming its about right...

As for Kotor 2, yeah the game was just trash. No need to go all out with graphics and so on, but if you have a bigger budget game like Republic Commando or something.....push it I say!

Empire At War looks pretty damn awesome, Im downloading a fan made movie from the demo, I cant get the demo cause it'd take too long, but the trailer looked pretty cool.

FistOfThe North
16 1/2 days till launch. Oh and the "Battlefront 2 - Expansion Pak" came out today.

Mišt
1 day for me droolio One stinking day......then blissdroolio

Morridini
Got the game, loved it. Haven't tried Singe Player Campaign yet, been playing multiplayer LAN with a mate.

Fishy
Started playing the campaign, the game is pretty good. Love it so far, i'll see how it compared with other RTS games when i'm finished, first impressions with games almost never stick.

FistOfThe North
I went ahead an got the Special Ed. It's as good as I have forseen. Think i'll play it now..

Fishy
Rebel alliance side sucks... Well not really the missions so far just aren't really my style, and I need some bigger ships to stand up against the Empire.

And the maps in the game aren't all nice either. I want a map where I have to conquer the galaxy starting with 1 planet... For the rest the game is pretty good.

henniestevens
can someone tell me if the multiplayer is any good?
Cuz I'm thinking off buying the game. But well I'll download it first..

Mišt
Buy it thumb up

I forgot the damn Galactic Map was real time, I kept wondering why planets were changing to Rebel status all the time, and I conquered Eriadu, only to forget to leave some forces behind so I lost control of it again doh Then I tried to regain control and got my ass handed to me in space battle.....I entered with 5 destroyers, 4 cruisers and 4 transports......retreated with 1 destroyer and 4 transports...then the game kicked me off, so it didnt saveshifty

Anyone else having problems with their game? The game's been shutting down sometimes for no reason blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.