XAVIER vs THOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
this might be interesting. weve seen thor resist cosmic power but how good would he be against the awesome psyche of professor xavier.

Draco69
Thor is apparently immune to telepathic control after he embarrassed Odin....

leonheartmm
yes but xavier goin all out is EXTREMELY powerful. i mean he even got through mag's helmet n made him a vegetable.

golem370
In the X-Men 2 Movie could Xavier really stop those people from moving like he did in the White House because that was very impressive.

spideycarnage
Thor is to fast for Xavier.. Professor X won't even know wat hit him.

leonheartmm
i really hope ur jokin golem. cause xavier in the comics is much MUCH more powerful than xavier in the movie

tiakocom
left corner you got a god, right a mutant...nuff said

golem370
I am just asking a question. What kind of powers I mean I know it was telepathy but was it like telekinesis

willRules
Ddin't xavier hold his own against Dark phoenix once, in telepathic combat?

jasofisc
he beat her didn't he

leonheartmm
he also went up against galactus in the

who?-kid
Originally posted by willRules
Ddin't xavier hold his own against Dark phoenix once, in telepathic combat?
Yes, and he won.

tiakocom
Originally posted by who?-kid
Yes, and he won.

if memory serves me right wanst jean helpin him to? beside DP would mop the floor with him anyday its only when jean was fightin also that Xavier could do his stuff and that hold didnt last long did it?

willRules
Yes, and he won.

cool. he doesn't get enough respect these days smile

who?-kid
Originally posted by tiakocom
if memory serves me right wanst jean helpin him to? beside DP would mop the floor with him anyday its only when jean was fightin also that Xavier could do his stuff and that hold didnt last long did it?
I have to look that up in the comic - it's an old one, Byrne and Claremont when they were still kicking ass. You could be right though.

GalacticStorm
I have to look that up in the comic - it's an old one, Byrne and Claremont when they were still kicking ass. You could be right though.

He is

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by tiakocom

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/931/uncannyxmen198008136162jv.th.jpg

And when she wasnt feeling so helpful this happened:

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3504/whatif27303br.th.jpg

willRules
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/931/uncannyxmen198008136162jv.th.jpg

And when she wasnt feeling so helpful this happened:

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/3504/whatif27303br.th.jpg

still props to xavier. he dared to put up a fight agains a nigh-omnipotent being thumb up

jasofisc
now according to forum rules both people fight to their full potenchal, which mean that if xavier was going all out he could turn into onslaught and wipe the floor with thor.

TheKahn
Fight beging, Thor throws his hammer at Charles (WHO IS IN A DAMN WHEELCHAIR!!!), Charles makes Thor think that he is a eight year old girl in a pretty pink dress, the hammer hits Charles and kills him, Thor's head goes back to normal and he never talks about this fight again.

leonheartmm
yea but isnt mlijnor mentally linked to thor?

willRules
Fight Begins

Xavier hits Thor with a mental bolt, mind raping him. Thor drops his hammer on Xavier's foot. Xavier screams a high pitched girlish scream. thor breaks free of his mental command and goes to pick up his hammer. As he bends over, xavier punches Thor in the face, this normally wouldn't do anything but Xavier hits Thor with a mental bolt at the same time. Thor is knocked out. Xavier takes a pee on Thor's unconscious form....................

TheKahn
Originally posted by willRules
Fight Begins

Xavier hits Thor with a mental bolt, mind raping him. Thor drops his hammer on Xavier's foot. Xavier screams a high pitched girlish scream. thor breaks free of his mental command and goes to pick up his hammer. As he bends over, xavier punches Thor in the face, this normally wouldn't do anything but Xavier hits Thor with a mental bolt at the same time. Thor is knocked out. Xavier takes a pee on Thor's unconscious form....................

Does Xavier have feeling in his feet?
Really it come down to how can attack first. Would it take Xavier longer to gain mental control over Thor, or for Thor to attack Xavier with his hammer or lighting?

leonheartmm
yea but the weaker thor is, the less godly will n power mlijnor will have, if he stuns thor, the hammer will be nuthin more than an incoming object which xavire can stop with his telekenesis.

TheKahn
Professor X doesn't have TK, but Ult Prof. X does. This is normal Charles so no TK.

wannabe
How about Charles being in astral form?
He successfully battled Ego, he opposed Galactus and was able to bypass his defenses...

wannabe
Charles vs. Galactus
...channeling the emotions and feelings of ALL Skrull on the Skrull homeworld...
If he can do it to Big G, he can do it to Thor!

TheKahn
Can I think of a way for Xavier to beat Thor? Yes, and it is called PIS. Maybe he could cannel all of the happy thought on earth and beat Thor with images of rainbows and little puppies. Then again maybe not.

With out a HUGE plot device, Chuck isn't beating a GOD. Considering that Thor can argueable more at light speed or faster, Charles is K.O. before he knows what is happening.

wannabe
Originally posted by TheKahn
Can I think of a way for Xavier to beat Thor? Yes, and it is called PIS. Maybe he could cannel all of the happy thought on earth and beat Thor with images of rainbows and little puppies. Then again maybe not.

With out a HUGE plot device, Chuck isn't beating a GOD. Considering that Thor can argueable more at light speed or faster, Charles is K.O. before he knows what is happening. 1) Why do you think i said: "...in his astral form..."?
2) Even a selfproclaimed GOD can be beaten.
Thor might be a nigh invincible physical fighter, but he would face an astral Charles in a different arena, wherein HE is the master.
Gladiator can keep up with Thor and even a Skrull impostor with Xavier's powers was able to humiliate him AND Oracle at the same time!
3) Sarcasm ,and your's is even rather unimaginative, is not exactly a good argument.

TheKahn
Well.... In that case Thor would then crush Charles' skull with Mjolnir, then use it to travel to the Astral Plane and kick Charles' ass there. Also in the Marvel universe Electro Magnetic energy seems to mess up telepaths and Mjolnir is capable of creating them. Charles is going to die twice.

TheKahn
Also leaving the dimension would seem to be leaving the battle field.

Tron
Originally posted by jasofisc
now according to forum rules both people fight to their full potenchal, which mean that if xavier was going all out he could turn into onslaught and wipe the floor with thor.

No, according to the forum rules, they would fight as they normally would UNLESS stated otherwise. That said, Xavier would lose.

GODSCRIBE
A 'regular' Thor yes but I doubt his TP would work on Warrior Madness Thor.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tron
No, according to the forum rules, they would fight as they normally would UNLESS stated otherwise. That said, Xavier would lose. rules blow

the Darkone
Thor is above Xavier, peolp please Xavier is only a mutant as where Thor is a hybrid god son of Odin (sky father) and Gaea (elder god). Thor can not be mind control at all, only thing Xavier has is mind bolts which can hurt anybody but Thor has felt worse in the end Thor wins.

demigawd
I've always hated the logic of, "**** is ONLY a mutant, while **** is a god/cosmic/spirit/demon/etc", therefore the mutant must lose. It's an incredibly amateur way of arguing and isn't true. Some of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe are mutants. Franklin Richards, X-man, Phoenix, Wanda. I would give them odds against any beings in the multiverse, mutant or not.

That said, Xavier loses. But it has nothing to do with the fact that he's "only" a mutant. It has to do with the fact that Thor has enough resistence to Xavier's telepathic attacks that he could put Xavier down before he succumbed.

jasofisc
crap tron your right. I thought I read that each combatant has to fight to the best of their ablity but i'm most diffently wrong. However unless thor is absolutly ammune to telpathic attacks xavier can pull it off. telepathic fight last for only a couple seconds, and that's agenst two telepaths.

wannabe
Originally posted by TheKahn
Also leaving the dimension would seem to be leaving the battle field. Being in astral form does not mean, that Charles has to stay on the astral plain!!!
Have you never seen Xavier fight in his astral form against people on the physical plain??? It's a pretty regular move of him.

Oh, and commanding the magnetosphere didn't help Magneto, the MASTER of magnetism, against a raging Xavier, who wiped his mind...it will not help Thor either.
Magnetism makes telepathy harder, but it doesn't make it impossible.

demigawd
Originally posted by wannabe
Being in astral form does not mean, that Charles has to stay on the astral plain!!!
Have you never seen Xavier fight in his astral form against people on the physical plain??? It's a pretty regular move of him.

Oh, and commanding the magnetosphere didn't help Magneto, the MASTER of magnetism, against a raging Xavier, who wiped his mind...it will not help Thor either.
Magnetism makes telepathy harder, but it doesn't make it impossible.

To be fair, Xavier had Jean Grey helping him, and even then it wasn't until Magneto was out of the fight after being gutted by Wolverine (because Magneto was holding back out of respect). If it were that easy, Xavier/Jean would have taken out Magneto right away and not needed the entire team of X-men to distract him.

wannabe
Originally posted by demigawd
To be fair, Xavier had Jean Grey helping him, and even then it wasn't until Magneto was out of the fight after being gutted by Wolverine (because Magneto was holding back out of respect). If it were that easy, Xavier/Jean would have taken out Magneto right away and not needed the entire team of X-men to distract him. To be fair, Xavier was exhausted because of his armor, that enabled him to walk, using his psychic energy.
I never said it was easy, i just wanted to point out, that magnetism helps against telepathy, but it's not the ultimate defense. And Thor, as mighty as he may be, is certainly not on the same level like Magneto when it comes to magnetism, so my example was quite decent, was it not?

demigawd
To be fair, Xavier was exhausted because of his armor, that enabled him to walk, using his psychic energy.
I never said it was easy, i just wanted to point out, that magnetism helps against telepathy, but it's not the ultimate defense. And Thor, as mighty as he may be, is certainly not on the same level like Magneto when it comes to magnetism, so my example was quite decent, was it not?

Sure, but even if it was Xavier at 50%, you're adding it to Jean Grey at 100%. And I'm sure that Full Jean Grey + 1/2 Xavier > Full Xavier.

But yeah, using magnetics isnt foolproof unless it's at a very high and directed level...Xavier's TP still worked after Magneto screwed around with the EM field to inhibit it. It didn't work as well, but it still worked.

wannabe
Sure, but even if it was Xavier at 50%, you're adding it to Jean Grey at 100%. And I'm sure that Full Jean Grey + 1/2 Xavier > Full Xavier.

But yeah, using magnetics isnt foolproof unless it's at a very high and directed level...Xavier's TP still worked after Magneto screwed around with the EM field to inhibit it. It didn't work as well, but it still worked. PLEASE, do not use these RIDICULOUS percentages!!! sad

You are right with the rest. It's what i said: magnetism helps to resist, but it does not make you immune.

demigawd
PLEASE, do not use these RIDICULOUS percentages!!! sad

You are right with the rest. It's what i said: magnetism helps to resist, but it does not make you immune.

ok, without the percentages - we're talking about full power jean + reduced power Xavier, combined with their inability to take down Magneto until he stopped fighting.

But I accept your general point...magnetism isn't Thor's best option against Xavier. But he has a boatload of other options.

wannabe
ok, without the percentages - we're talking about full power jean + reduced power Xavier, combined with their inability to take down Magneto until he stopped fighting.I guess we both know, that it was just for drama (and it worked wink ). I'm sure Xavier could have done it by himself in one of these "gigantic power strikes in the last moment", but since it was described in another way i can not "prove" it, so it's your point. smile
But I accept your general point...magnetism isn't Thor's best option against Xavier. But he has a boatload of other options. I agree! That's why i added into my argumentation the "astral form" option. Otherwise Thor would surely squash Charly before the latter one could bypass Thor's mental defenses.

demigawd
The thing is...magic is one of those bizarre blank checks. Amora, with a wave of her hand, kicked Xavier out of her head and he was totally unable to get in. I can see Mjolnir doing the same thing, which would make even an Astral attack ineffective. I can likewise see Mjolnir doing something bizarre like traveling to the Astral Plane.

Never trust magic!

wannabe
The thing is...magic is one of those bizarre blank checks. Amora, with a wave of her hand, kicked Xavier out of her head and he was totally unable to get in. I can see Mjolnir doing the same thing, which would make even an Astral attack ineffective. I can likewise see Mjolnir doing something bizarre like traveling to the Astral Plane.

Never trust magic! Certainly! wink
Taking into account, that the telepathic aspect of Onslaught represented Xaviers ultimate, enraged potential and none of the heroes with mystrical powers, including Thor and Juggernaut, were able to do anything against him, i guess it would depend on the author and his plans...as always.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.