When love comes, there will be no more religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SolveEtCoagula

Shakyamunison
Simplistically true...

This is true with Christianity; however, religions like Buddhism are not based on laws and rules. Buddhism brings love into your life, unlike Christianity that separates a person from other people and that leads to being separated from love.

debbiejo
Religions do not equal love...Love is something you have to pull within yourself and give.

Mindship
While I appreciate the sentiment, I would also have to say that religion and love are not the same thing, not two paths leading to the same place.

"Love" (feeling, emotion) is not the only aspect of human existence. There is also mind/intelligence. This is why some faiths emphasize not just "opening your heart" but also "opening your mind" with education and knowledge. It is not coincidence that "whole," "holy" and "holistic" are similar, all basically meaning the same thing. To "know God fully" is to know God with one's entire being, not just one part.

It may be more accurate to say, that when the spiritual dimension to human being is fully realized, there will be no more religion. There will less need for the "maps" once we become true citizens of the "territory."

Shakyamunison
^ I agree

Love is the ultimate law.

debbiejo
The only thing that should matter, but doesn't. sad

Son of Man
Jesus was not about laws. As much as I like Paul, Paul was about laws.
If you look at Peter's, and John's teachings and writings they are quite diffrent than Paul's. Paul, even though I like him was about laws. Not Jesus. Also, Jesus did not seperate Himeself from people, He was, a ".....a friend of tax-collectors and sinners." Alot of Christians (not all) segragate themselves. Christians who claim to be Christian but are really not make Christians as a whole look bad. (like that fat woman from trading spouses.) Jesus did not put up division walls. Later.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Son of Man
Jesus was not about laws.

Either you are lying, or grossly misinformed. What you've just stated is that Jesus was a supporter of "anarchy." Jesus was a man(and God) full of righteousness. He came to fulfill the law..not to take it away.

Originally posted by Son of Man
Jesus did not put up division walls.

Another misinterpretation, or gross misrepresentation. He did indeed put up walls. As stated by Jesus, Good can not cohabit with evil. There is no mixing of the two. Jesus was indeed a man of peace/mercy/and forgiveness..but he was a man/God who understood that true "peace" could only be achieved through longsuffering, pain, and anguish..or in other words..through "War."

Echuu
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
unlike Christianity that separates a person from other people and that leads to being separated from love.

No.

leonheartmm
relegion is bull. it claims to preach love but its only preahin hate n blind submission vieled behind the lie of love. love is a personal thing, no relegion or god will ever bring u closer to it, it will only take u away from it.

Son of Man
I mean walls as segraation. Um, you have little understanding on my words. Jesus ccame to FUFILL, not uphold every little part as the Jews (pharisees) did.Oh, God is about love. He sent his only Son. Later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.