Gladiator vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
If this has been done before, then i apologize. Who takes it? Gladiator is fully confident (100%)

supervenom
Gladiator is fully confindent but I think that's where it ends hehe.

He wanted to fight Silver Surfer in Galactus "The Hunger" series, but they never got the chance to because Lilandra called him off. Not sure if they ever encountered each other besides that.

TheKahn
Like Superman Gladiator is vulnerable to a type of radiation. If SS emits that type he wins 10/10.

leonheartmm
well ss himself said that he knew the frequency of the radiation that could harm gladiater, i doubt surfer could take gladiater any other way.

King KAM
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well ss himself said that he knew the frequency of the radiation that could harm gladiater, i doubt surfer could take gladiater any other way. why not?

snoopdogg
well ss himself said that he knew the frequency of the radiation that could harm gladiater, i doubt surfer could take gladiater any other way. I agree with that. Norrin does not have the fighting ability that Kallark does. He is a warrior. Norrin is a sally with alot of power.

HigH ScholaR
well ss himself said that he knew the frequency of the radiation that could harm gladiater, i doubt surfer could take gladiater any other way.

huh, why can't he??

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I agree with that. Norrin does not have the fighting ability that Kallark does. He is a warrior. Norrin is a sally with alot of power.

Are you saying surfer is weak if he didn't use his cosmic power

snoopdogg
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Are you saying surfer is weak if he didn't use his cosmic power I'm saying Norrin is weak hearted and does not have a warriors mentality. He has massive power but is basically just a p*ssy with the power to take most anybody.

King KAM
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Are you saying surfer is weak if he didn't use his cosmic power ofcourse he is, without that power hes a chump

thesilverspider
The surfer does not need the radiation weakness to beat Gladiator.
Gladiator is the most inconsistent guy their is.Surfer beats him 10/10 with weakness 7/10 without.

Lucid Lui
Without the weakness exploitation, IMO, it's an even 5/10 wins for each.

Kallark has the ruthlesness and fighting skills to make up for Surfer's advantage in variety.

King KAM
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Without the weakness exploitation, IMO, it's an even 5/10 wins for each.

Kallark has the ruthlesness and fighting skills to make up for Surfer's advantage in variety. may we go back to the comics bible, in genisis

supervenom
The weakness part is the only way he can beat Gladiator. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have mentioned it.

King KAM
Originally posted by supervenom
The weakness part is the only way he can beat Gladiator. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have mentioned it. untrue....you can beat superman by way of royal thrashing, but why do it the hard way when kryptonity is SOOOoooOOOooo much easier?

thesilverspider
The weakness part is the only way he can beat Gladiator. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have mentioned it.

What are you talking about...............
he said it for Gladiator can back the **** up .

leonheartmm
gladiater's feats are generally more impressive than surfer., hes done just about everythin surfer has done n more. aside form the energy projection n cosmic awareness, gladiater excels at surfer's every strength. he also is capable of beating thor level guys, puttin him above surfer without the radiation weakness.

King KAM
gladiater's feats are generally more impressive than surfer., hes done just about everythin surfer has done n more. aside form the energy projection n cosmic awareness, gladiater excels at surfer's every strength. he also is capable of beating thor level guys, puttin him above surfer without the radiation weakness. too bad thor takes it easy on him, gladiator isnt nearly as strong as you fanboys beleieve if he was he would always be confident,

thesilverspider
gladiater's feats are generally more impressive than surfer., hes done just about everythin surfer has done n more. aside form the energy projection n cosmic awareness, gladiater excels at surfer's every strength. he also is capable of beating thor level guys, puttin him above surfer without the radiation weakness.
What the f**k? Did you just compare their feats..........laughing
Gladiator only has like 25 comic apperances and most are him getting beat down................stick out tongue

supervenom
Originally posted by thesilverspider
What are you talking about...............
he said it for Gladiator can back the **** up .

I didn't get the second part. What did you mean by that?

thesilverspider
I didn't get the second part. What did you mean by that?
In the book surfer told him of his weakness as a warning DURRR!!!!!!!!!!

In other words hey I can take you out easily so back the **** up.

supervenom
In the book surfer told him of his weakness as a warning DURRR!!!!!!!!!!

In other words hey I can take you out easily so back the **** up.

Ya I know, I read the comic and I was saying the same thing. You were responding to my comment and the grammer wasn't correct so I wasn't sure what you were implying.

Lets say Surfer didn't know his weakness and they battled. Who would you think would win? Would Gladiator be affected by his other feats?

thesilverspider
Ya I know, I read the comic and I was saying the same thing. You were responding to my comment and the grammer wasn't correct so I wasn't sure what you were implying.

Lets say Surfer didn't know his weakness and they battled. Who would you think would win? Would Gladiator be affected by his other feats?
When did I Question your grammer????

I already said that surfer wins regardless of knowing the weakness or not.

supervenom
When did I Question your grammer????

I already said that surfer wins regardless of knowing the weakness or not.

You responded to what I said with this:

I didn't say you questioned my grammer, I said that I didn't know what you were talking about because the correct grammer wasn't used, so I didn't know what you were talking about, no offense. That's why I asked again what you were implying.

JOE NUNEZ
SEEING HOW GLADIATOR IS LIKE A SUPERMAN ON STEROIDS HE GOES DOWN HARDER THAN SUPERMAN WOULD.SILVER SURFER ALL THE WAY ........I WOULD SAY SENTRY IS A BETTER FIGHT FOR GLADS....SILVER SURFER IS IN HIS OWN LEAGUE A LEAGUE THAT HAS PEOLPE LIKE CHAMP , RUNNER ,HERALDS,AND BAD ASS M.F.

Wally West
Surfer with or without the weakness takes it. He'd speedblitz Gladiator shifty

guy222
norrin

Priest
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GalactusTheDevourer5-18a.jpg

Alfheim
laughing Oh **** way to kill the thread.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Priest
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GalactusTheDevourer5-18a.jpg Even without that knowledge... Surfer would take Glads handily. erm

On another note...

I lowered my cholesterol! eek!

Priest
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Even without that knowledge... Surfer would take Glads handily. erm
n another note...

yes

good job u unhealthy mo fo.

janus77
is this even a contest?

Mr. Slippyfist
yes

good job u unhealthy mo fo. Cheerios are awesome!

Priest
Cheerios are awesome!
The Cheerios with the honey nuts are teh awesome gmarx

Mr. Slippyfist
The Cheerios with the honey nuts are teh awesome gmarx I got multigrain with teh honey nuts.

And I'm watching Walker Texas Ranger! I should wake up early more often.
Chuck just KO'ed a doctor.

Priest
I got multigrain with teh honey nuts.

And I'm watching Walker Texas Ranger! I should wake up early more often.
Chuck just KO'ed a doctor.
Wahhhh?omg
wat channel is this?

Mr. Slippyfist
Wahhhh?omg
wat channel is this? Showcase Action Channel.

Don't know if you get it... but it's on like every day I think.

Priest
Showcase Action Channel.

Don't know if you get it... but it's on like every day I think.
Nah i dont hink i got that one sad
Its all good I'm watching Rush Hour 1 on Stars. Tucker is friggin funny laughing out loud

Mr. Slippyfist
Nah i dont hink i got that one sad
Its all good I'm watching Rush Hour 1 on Stars. Tucker is friggin funny laughing out loud Not as funny as watching Chuck come completely out of nowhere, and roundhouse kick someone.

Last time I watched it, everyone was standing around, and a nazi was going to shoot someone... Chuck came out of nowhere and knocked his ass out.
Apparently last week kids were being shot... no expression

laughing out loud

Priest
Not as funny as watching Chuck come completely out of nowhere, and roundhouse kick someone.

Last time I watched it, everyone was standing around, and a nazi was going to shoot someone... Chuck came out of nowhere and knocked his ass out.
Apparently last week kids were being shot... no expression

laughing out loud
NAzi's and kids being shot on Ranger. droolio

Teh Round House would of crushed Normandy.

Mr. Slippyfist
NAzi's and kids being shot on Ranger. droolio

Teh Round House would of crushed Normandy. Pretty much.

Lulz! Chuck just killed that old man off of the Saw movies. He threw him, and he landed on his knife after he kicked his ass.

Priest
Pretty much.

Lulz! Chuck just killed that old man off of the Saw movies. He threw him, and he landed on his knife after he kicked his ass.
This is why they diden't pick up Teh Chuck in SAW I
The movie would of ended in the first 2 minutes. laughing out loud

lft4ded
I thought Surfer was well over 6' tall? Is everyone else standing on a dias or something? I thought they did have a straight up fight before and Gladiator lost? I may be remembering a What If however.

Zoot!

golem370
He is 6foot4 according to his bio. Silver Surfer was a pacifist right? He needs some combat training from somebody

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by golem370
He is 6foot4 according to his bio. Silver Surfer was a pacifist right? He needs some combat training from somebody No he doesn't... in fact, I believe he's shown better h2h skills than Glads...

horrorwolf
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/GalactusTheDevourer5-18a.jpg

THREADKILLER FTW!!! rofl

quanchi112
Surfer wins this.

guy222
norrin

Rob23
Surfer

Bouboumaster
Surfer 10/10.

Someone have the scans of Exiles Silver Surfer, where he wtfpwn Gladiator?

Juk3n

but then..why would he need to?

Find weakness + exploit = /GG

Xplosive
SS

janus77
Surfer stomps Gladiator.

Soljer
Surfer takes it with or without weakness exploitation.

Bentley
Yep, there is nothing Glads can do that Norrin cannot do better.

Metalmanx
Can Norrin destroy a planet with three punches? With just strength alone, no power cosmic or anything like.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Can Norrin destroy a planet with three punches? With no power cosmic or anything like.

Huh...no

Bentley
Can Gladiator destroy a planet using cosmic power?

What kind of question is that? Can SS destroy a planet? Hell yeah, and it doesn't depend of his mood.

nimbus006
gladiater's feats are generally more impressive than surfer., hes done just about everythin surfer has done n more. aside form the energy projection n cosmic awareness

So, aside from what Surfer is best at, Glads can do anything Surfer can.

Yea, aside from being really fast, Batman can do anything Wally can.

Even then, Gladiator can't do everything Surfer can. For example, he can't transmute matter, he can't phase, he can't absorb every known source of energy, and he doesn't have telepathy.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bentley

What kind of question is that? Can SS destroy a planet? Hell yeah, and it doesn't depend of his mood.

Well, he specifically stated with three punches and no power cosmic.

That's like asking, can Superman destroy a planet without his Kryptonian powers?

Huh... probably not erm

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Bentley

Relax. I was merely posing the question because you said Norrin can do everything Glad can do. I'm not saying Glad wins (I think it's a toss-up for the most part), but just pointing out something that Glad can do (and has done) that I don't believe Surfer can.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
Yea, aside from being really fast, Batman can do anything Wally can.

What the f**k?

Can Batman/Is Batman able to:

To run across the surface of large bodies of water--moving so fast that he does not break the surface tension of the water as he runs.
Overcome gravity by running up and down vertical surfaces.
Create wind vortices by running in circles or rotating his arms and legs.
"Lend" velocity to objects or people already in motion
"Steal" the speed of others and utilizing it himself.
Vibrate his molecules so fast he can travel through objects such as walls.
Use his incredibly fast reflexes in order to withstand powerful blows.
Gain infinite force or weight as he approaches light speed, resulting in extremely heavy blows.
Create after-images of himself.
Vibrate so that light does not reflect off him sufficiently, rendering him invisible
To speed up his natural healing process.
Talk at a super-speed whereas only other super-speedsters can receive, interpret and return communication at the same velocity.
Etc.

?

nimbus006
Relax. I was merely posing the question because you said Norrin can do everything Glad can do. I'm not saying Glad wins (I think it's a toss-up for the most part), but just pointing out something that Glad can do (and has done) that I don't believe Surfer can.

Surfer may or may not (he's never really tried) be able to destroy a planet with a punch, but he certaintly can destroy one with a blast.

nimbus006
What the f**k?

To run across the surface of large bodies of water--moving so fast that he does not break the surface tension of the water as he runs.
Gain infinite force or weight as he approaches light speed, resulting in extremely heavy blows.
Vibrate so that light does not reflect off him sufficiently, rendering him invisible
Talk at a super-speed whereas only other super-speedsters can receive, interpret and return communication at the same velocity.
Etc.

?

Congratulations for listing all the things Flash can do which are all derived from his ability to move REALLY fast.

The guy said Gladiator can do all the things Surfer can aside from his vast energy projection and cosmic awareness.

Why would you remove a characters best powersets, and then say, besides that so and so can do everything he can?

I think you understand exactly what I'm trying to say.

Acrosurge
Surfer takes the majority with the exploitation of Gladiator's weaknesses.

I think the current Surfer could even take a majority without using the radiation thing, but it would take a while, since a non-jobbing Kallark is darn hard to put down.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
Congratulations for listing all the things Flash can do which are all derived from his ability to move REALLY fast.

The guy said Gladiator can do all the things Surfer can aside from his vast energy projection and cosmic awareness.

Why would you remove a characters best powersets, and then say, besides that so and so can do everything he can?

I think you understand exactly what I'm trying to say.

Actually, I realize that I listed most of the things that do require him moving fast. I admit that I wasn't paying that much attention. embarrasment

But I also listed ones that don't require it, such as the stealing/lending of speed. Just saying.

But hey, that's neither here nor there.

nimbus006
Actually, I realize that I listed most of the things that do require him moving fast. I admit that I wasn't paying that much attention. embarrasment

But I also listed ones that don't require it, such as the stealing/lending of speed. Just saying.

But hey, that's neither here nor there.

The point was, if you're going to say a given character can do all the things another given character can do, don't say, except for the latter's greatest ability. smile

Juntai
What the f**k?

Etc.

? You also forgot make constructs and some others.

Impulse could create speedforce duplicates of himself that could act independantly, and Impulse can fly.

Xplosive
Well, Gladiator owned Thor (when Gladiator used his speed, Thor wasn't even some challenge). Then he took down Tarene. Then he lost to Thor, but Thor takes Gladiator by a surprise and with help.
Then he stalemated Thor when Thor was amped and Gladiator weakened. He owned Hyperion. He owned Binary.
Gladiator fought Silver Surfer once, when Silver Surfer didn't use the radiation, it was pretty much a stalemate. That was after Gladiator owned Ego. It would be no surprise if the battle continued and Gladiator would win (if Norrin wouldn't use radiation weakness).

Gladiator can be very dangerous and a serious challenge for Silver Surfer (without using radiation).

llagrok
Originally posted by Xplosive
Well, Gladiator owned Thor (when Gladiator used his speed, Thor wasn't even some challenge). Then he took down Tarene. Then he lost to Thor, but Thor takes Gladiator by a surprise and with help.

That's some interpretation.

Xplosive
Originally posted by llagrok
That's some interpretation.

smile

Anyway, Gladiator could be a good challenge for SS, if SS wouldn't use Gladiator weakness.

llagrok
Gladiator should work on dealing with Cassandra Nova or Rachel first.

Dark-Jaxx
What the f**k?

Etc.

? Yes, and at much higher levels.

Juntai
lol. Attaboy.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Xplosive
Gladiator fought Silver Surfer once, when Silver Surfer didn't use the radiation, it was pretty much a stalemate. That was after Gladiator owned Ego. It would be no surprise if the battle continued and Gladiator would win (if Norrin wouldn't use radiation weakness).

Gladiator can be very dangerous and a serious challenge for Silver Surfer (without using radiation). Not sure if you're aware of this, but it is worth stating that the story in which Glads and Surfer battled was outside continuity.

I do agree that Kallark could be a challenge for Surfer, but I don't think he'd take a majority from Post-Annihilation Surfer. Just sayin'.

Bentley
Originally posted by llagrok
Gladiator should work on dealing with Cassandra Nova or Rachel first.

Agreed.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Not sure if you're aware of this, but it is worth stating that the story in which Glads and Surfer battled was outside continuity.

It wasn't. That was after he fought Ego. I am not sure.

Originally posted by Acrosurge
I do agree that Kallark could be a challenge for Surfer, but I don't think he'd take a majority from Post-Annihilation Surfer. Just sayin'.

Yeah, I agree, Silver Surfer after Annihilation, I don't think Gladiator could win, but could be a good training for Norrin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.