Luke and his parents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Had Luke ever questioned his aunt and uncle how his parents died? i know his uncle and aunt told luke that his father was a marvelous space pilot and served in the clone wars but did they ever tell Luke how his father and mother died?

Tangible God
Probably lied about what they new, and fudged what they didn't.

spekdah
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Had Luke ever questioned his aunt and uncle how his parents died? i know his uncle and aunt told luke that his father was a marvelous space pilot and served in the clone wars but did they ever tell Luke how his father and mother died?

ahhh, no , Luke was told that his father navagator on a space cruiser by his auncle. Aunt Beru was probably slapped around and told to f**k up by Owen when she brought up lukes parents

JaehSkywalker
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't think they did... probably lied bout it all the time luke brings it up...

ESB - 1138

I doubt that his aunt and uncle would tell Luke that his father was a pilot for the clone war. They did say he was a navigator on a space cruiser but I'm sure they didn't know how Ani supposedly died. I mean Obi-Wan gave Luke to them and headed off so I doubt they knew he became Darth Vader or anything about Anakin facing off Obi-Wan and being sliced into pieces.

henniestevens
I think Obi told Owen something about Anakin becoming Darth Vader or at least falling down to the darkside.
I think Owen wanted to know the situation and Obi could be sure Owen took it all serious. And he doens't encourage Luke to be adventurous like his father. Therefore I think he must have had some knowledge about Anakin's downfall.

JaehSkywalker
they know almost everything but kept it hidden...

Cascador
I dont think Owen knew that Anakin was seduced by the Dark Side...He just didn't like the fact he was so stuborn, adventurous...he was a warrior who fought for the republic, that's all he knew, he probably thought that Anakin was killed just like the other Jedi...Cause you don't actually see Obi-Wan talking to Beru about Anakin in the end of ROTS, do you...

ESB - 1138
Yeah maybe Owen didn't like Jedi because it appeared he wasn't too fond of Obi-Wan

SpyCspider
Even though the movie ending doesn't show it, I believe Owen and Obi-wan met probably a coupla times after he dropped Luke off at the farm. How else can anyone explain why Owen's got such a sensitive dislike of that "crazy old wizard?" as mentioned in ANH. Their meetings are left to interpretation....(unlike something like Boba Fett's surviving the Sarlacc, which logically dictates that he died in the pit because he isn't mentioned again in the movie).

To me, Obi-wan had to have let the Lars known that he was coming. You don't just show up with a baby and say "here's your half-brother's kid...raise him." Beru's reaction to Obi-wan giving him baby Luke was a knowing smile, and hence already knew he was coming. And maybe while Luke was growing up, Obi-wan probably had visited a few times since he was responsible for "watching over him." And resulted in a few tussles in ideology with Owen about raising Luke to be a Jedi. Owen wanted to keep Luke out of all that dark history, hence the look that he gave to Beru when she said "Luke's got too much of his father in him."

Cascador
There is an EU story where Luke got lost and Ben helped him to get back to the farm...Owen and Ben had an arguement and sent him away. Luke watched curiously while he left. The truth is whetether this is canon or not, Owen doesn't like what Jedi do and doesn't want Luke to walk the same path as his father.

Padmé Amidala

I think its likely that he had asked but the questions had never been answered. I think he is supposed to be more curious of his father, hence why he always wonders of him and not Padme. But Leia on the other hand, doesnt wonder about her real father but has memories of her real mother. Its just a way of showing the connections between parents and children. Leia is like Padme, and Luke is like Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.