No More

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dan-El
I would just like to start a petition, stating that things in Spider-Man need to go back to the way they were! First off:

1.) NO NEW COSTUME! Red and blues are just fine! Why mess with success?!
2.) No organic web-shooters! The story of how he got them was lame and unneccessary!
3.) Doc Ock and the Green Goblin need to go back to their original costumes
4.) Bring back John Romita Jr. to Amazing Spider-Man. He was born to draw that comic
5.) Keep the New Avengers, cause that's fine with me. Bout time Spidey got some props
6.) Bring back some good villains, not the ones in the movies
7.) Aunt May returning to death is a 50/50 split. During the JRJR run, she was a good character, but now... I'm not sure...
8.) AGAIN, NO ORGANIC WEB-SHOOTERS!
9.) Less junk about the Spider side of Pete's nature. He doesn't need it anymore. Ezekiel is dead, and therefore he shouldn't have to put up with it.
10.) RED AND BLUES/RED AND BLACKS ARE FINE. I MUST STATE AGAIN THAT THE "IRON SPIDER" COSTUME IS COLD, STERILE, AND NOT THE FUN-LOVING SPIDER-MAN WE ALL KNOW!!!!

Please, if you agree, join me in my petition.

stunna1773
r u ok there

Doc Ock
I agree with all your points,except for number 5.I want Spidey out of the Avengers.I prefer him as a lone gun.

Tron
I wouldn't worry too much about the costume. With the way they seem to be going with the story, the new costume's seems very temporary.

Next Venom_girl
Note to writers--If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I agree with what was mentioned above, and I'd like to add on my own rants:
11. New Avengers suck. Spidey is a loner, keep it that way.
12. Marvel Knights suck. There is more to Spider-man than the Parker-Osborn feud. Indeed, there are a bunch of kickass villains rotting in villain limbo waiting to be revamped or rediscovered. But right now, it's just wasted potential. Ock is a better villain as a scheming intellectual, not a brain-washed retard and on a related note...
13. ...bring back Venom. The real Venom. Eddie-Venom. Not Scorpion-Venom, not Goblin-Venom. Either to come back for revenge and kick Parker's arse or to reconsile and become his ally, I don't care. Either versions of the original would be better than the current knock-offs.
14. Ironman is a dick, for the love of--don't turn Spidey into his SIDEKICK!!!! (Hey, that rhymes).
15. Bring back Carnage if for no other reason but to kill him properly. Have Spider-man or Venom do it. Not some yellow Superman-ripoff.
16. Note to Marvel writers: drugs are bad. What quantity of drugs over what period of time* does it take to think that changes 1-15 are revolutionary to character development!

It's as if the writers got together in some kind of sinister cabal to plan out what would piss off their loyal fanbase the most.

*(with apologies to Lewis Black)

Arahan
lol

chucktaylor
The Spider-Man series has sunk so badly these days...

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Doc Ock
I agree with all your points,except for number 5.I want Spidey out of the Avengers.I prefer him as a lone gun. I'm with dock on this one. Spidey needs props but he is best known for being unaffiliated.
Note: Love the Bio given in Marvel Nemisis.

SpyCspider
i stopped collecting after the 2nd issue of THE OTHER...

seems like i saved some $$$ from the way you guys are all hating on the new series.

Nobody mentioned anythin about Kevin Smith finally finishing up Spider-man/Black Cat however.

Kal875
There wee already comic book story lines with those characters in those costumes. This is a chance for them to be new and improved (and how would you like to wear ythe same clothes all day?)

Marcus4600
The writers are letting their biases get out of control. Brian Micheal Bendis had Sentry (his character) kill off Carnage because he doesn't like symbiotes, and has them suck in USM. However, although I am looking forward to the Civil War storyline, which has a little more to do with the Illuminati then people are realizing, but I don't think the Iron Spidey thing is going to make him a sidekick, but rather a closer friend to Iron Man. Spidey has been having to learn how to be a part of a team, and its been the New Avengers that have honestly been the only thing keeping Spider-Man comics alive. I mean, the dialogue between Cap and Spidey in FNSM #1 is great. I think that although they're spending more time giving Spidey more depth, they're forgetting that the original villains that were popular before MKSM came about were what made Spidey have more depth. I'm all for Eddie coming back, the old costume, and many of the old stuff, but Avengers should at least stay for a while, because now Spidey is the life of the bunch.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Marcus4600
The writers are letting their biases get out of control. Brian Micheal Bendis had Sentry (his character) kill off Carnage because he doesn't like symbiotes, and has them suck in USM. However, although I am looking forward to the Civil War storyline, which has a little more to do with the Illuminati then people are realizing, but I don't think the Iron Spidey thing is going to make him a sidekick, but rather a closer friend to Iron Man. Spidey has been having to learn how to be a part of a team, and its been the New Avengers that have honestly been the only thing keeping Spider-Man comics alive. I mean, the dialogue between Cap and Spidey in FNSM #1 is great. I think that although they're spending more time giving Spidey more depth, they're forgetting that the original villains that were popular before MKSM came about were what made Spidey have more depth. I'm all for Eddie coming back, the old costume, and many of the old stuff, but Avengers should at least stay for a while, because now Spidey is the life of the bunch. That's cause he didn't realize how popular they are...He said so in LE USM game.

Marcus4600
I hope he realizes that he really hasn't given them enough justice. I think later though he'll realize that Venom has a lot more potential than Green Golin does.

Spideys Sister
Oh yeah. I didn't like the GG level myself. Damn fireballs.

NoFate007

Sparkz
It about time carnage went against a power house to proove he aint realy tht strong, look at maximum carnage, there wasnt 1 powerhouse out of tht group of heroes, but to have sentry kil him thts just bad.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Sparkz
It about time carnage went against a power house to proove he aint realy tht strong, look at maximum carnage, there wasnt 1 powerhouse out of tht group of heroes, but to have sentry kil him thts just bad.

You're forgetting Captain America. The guy has tangled with the mightiest and won. So has Venom. Honestly, I wanted to see Venom and Toxin kill Carnage. My fiancee is making me a siggy of all three of them, and it's gonna say Family Matters.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by NoFate007
They had SENTRY kill Carnage??

Where have you been dude?? eek!

That happened a year ago.Bendis really hates Carnage.He destroyed his character completely in USM,and killed him off in the regular comics.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Where have you been dude?? eek!

That happened a year ago.Bendis really hates Carnage.He destroyed his character completely in USM,and killed him off in the regular comics.

I don't read comics really, cause I don't feel like spending the money, so its rare that I actually have one in my hands.. I usually just find out my information from websites, or you guys at KMC lol).

I heard about how awful Carnage is in USM, but I haven't seen more than a few panels of anything that Sentry was in, so I had no idea lol.

That's ridiculous. Even if you hate a character, I don't think you should take out your frustrations on it. Being a writer myself, if I were in his position, I would just lessen the amount of times Carnage popped up in the series, or I'd send him off in a cool way for the fans, even if I didn't really like him. Like, I don't personally like Chameleon, but I know he's an old character that some people like, so if I ever re-invented the series, I'd make him less of a fighting villain and more of a schemer...and I'd twist him to where I'd like him but it wouldn't be too drastic that the fans would hate it...and then I would just not put him in too too much, so as to save myself some trouble.

DBZ MAN
When i see someone who dies in the marvel universe, nothing annoys me more, when they come back to life unless it's really really really well explained. I hated how carnage was brought in the ultimate universe and how gwen died but i would hate it even more if they brang her back.

doctorstrongbad
That happens all the time in comics. DC has pulled the same crap. I think people should stay dead, unless their is a very good reason or maybe even a story arc to bring them back.

Spideys Sister
The Carnage= Peter is the best twist Marvels come up with. I'm still freaking out! It was so hot. although it'd be better if I could play carnage insted of Venom. Lame.

Dan-El
I have an idea.
We need to build a time machine, go back to 1998, and kick whoever was responsible for A.) Bringing Aunt May back to life, and B.) Thinking it would be a good idea to reboot the Spidey comics, in the nuts. Then, if there's time, we could buy Bendis a toupee, and tell him to keep his personal symbiote vendetta to himself. USM started out kick ass, now it's slowing down. They need some new blood in there.
And again, I stick by my original list with the other guy's 11 thru 15

Marcus4600
Yeah. I honestly think Bendis should stick to USM, and have somebody else write New Avengers. Also, I think someone like Garth Ennis should write MKSM.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dan-El
I would just like to start a petition, stating that things in Spider-Man need to go back to the way they were! First off:

2.) No organic web-shooters! The story of how he got them was lame and unneccessary!
4.) Bring back John Romita Jr. to Amazing Spider-Man. He was born to draw that comic
5.) Keep the New Avengers, cause that's fine with me. Bout time Spidey got some props
7.) Aunt May returning to death is a 50/50 split. During the JRJR run, she was a good character, but now... I'm not sure...
9.) Less junk about the Spider side of Pete's nature. He doesn't need it anymore. Ezekiel is dead, and therefore he shouldn't have to put up with it.
10.) RED AND BLUES/RED AND BLACKS ARE FINE. I MUST STATE AGAIN THAT THE "IRON SPIDER" COSTUME IS COLD, STERILE, AND NOT THE FUN-LOVING SPIDER-MAN WE ALL KNOW!!!!

You sound like you're terrified of change.... maybe you should just stop buying new comics and stick with your safe older ones where you know exactly what's going to happen

What difference does it make if he changes his costume?

Characters either develop or they become stale and boring.... or in other words:

Evolve or Die!

yes

Arahan
Originally posted by Scoobless
You sound like you're terrified of change.... maybe you should just stop buying new comics and stick with your safe older ones where you know exactly what's going to happen

What difference does it make if he changes his costume?

Characters either develop or they become stale and boring.... or in other words:

Evolve or Die!

yes

ah I love this guy, good post smile

Sparkz
I have an idea.
We need to build a time machine, go back to 1998, and kick whoever was responsible for A.) Bringing Aunt May back to life, and B.) Thinking it would be a good idea to reboot the Spidey comics, in the nuts. Then, if there's time, we could buy Bendis a toupee, and tell him to keep his personal symbiote vendetta to himself. USM started out kick ass, now it's slowing down. They need some new blood in there.
And again, I stick by my original list with the other guy's 11 thru 15

I agree, bringing back Aunt may was so stupid, 1 she has to be like 107 by now, 2 they had an excelent story of killing her off, it worked so well, and the way they bought her back was just soooooooo crap, not to mention until J Michael Straczynski came along she was the same old boring character "Peter your so frail...Peter disappeared i might die...etc"

Sure tht was gr8 when she was first developed but come on did the guy who bought her back realy go to all tht trouble with a crappy storyline just to have her exactly the same, not even being slightly traumatized tht she'd been kidnapped by the green goblin for like what 5 years.

Next thing they will bring back gwen stacy and we will find out shes been locked in a dungeon by Osborn, her and peter will get back together like nothing has happend.

And now some1s got aunt may running round in iron man armour, just let the poor woman die.

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by Sparkz
I agree, bringing back Aunt may was so stupid, 1 she has to be like 107 by now, 2 they had an excelent story of killing her off, it worked so well, and the way they bought her back was just soooooooo crap, not to mention until J Michael Straczynski came along she was the same old boring character "Peter your so frail...Peter disappeared i might die...etc"

Sure tht was gr8 when she was first developed but come on did the guy who bought her back realy go to all tht trouble with a crappy storyline just to have her exactly the same, not even being slightly traumatized tht she'd been kidnapped by the green goblin for like what 5 years.

Next thing they will bring back gwen stacy and we will find out shes been locked in a dungeon by Osborn, her and peter will get back together like nothing has happend.

And now some1s got aunt may running round in iron man armour, just let the poor woman die.

Couldn't of put it better myself yes

doctorstrongbad
I hope they get some new ideas to make spider-man better. I'm looking forward to the civil war arc. Should be interesting. I wonder how many new heroes or bad guys will debut in it.

Marcus4600
Yeah. It all depends if the writers can hit the mark with it, because they haven't been doing it lately.

Herr Logan

1. AGREED!
2. Agreed!!
3. Agreed.
4. Okay.
5. The so-called New Avengers are a God damn joke. Bendis shouldn't allowed near the 616 universe and Spider-Man gets all the props he deserves from the fans.
6. Agreed.
7. Fair enough.
8. AGAIN, AGREED!
9. No, not "less junk." How about NO JUNK about yadda yadda, etc.? That crap was stale the moment it was conjured in JMS' twisted little mind, and Spider-Man NEVER needed it to begin with.
10. AGAIN, AGREED!

Herr Logan
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Note to writers--If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I agree with what was mentioned above, and I'd like to add on my own rants:
11. New Avengers suck. Spidey is a loner, keep it that way.
12. Marvel Knights suck. There is more to Spider-man than the Parker-Osborn feud. Indeed, there are a bunch of kickass villains rotting in villain limbo waiting to be revamped or rediscovered. But right now, it's just wasted potential. Ock is a better villain as a scheming intellectual, not a brain-washed retard and on a related note...
13. ...bring back Venom. The real Venom. Eddie-Venom. Not Scorpion-Venom, not Goblin-Venom. Either to come back for revenge and kick Parker's arse or to reconsile and become his ally, I don't care. Either versions of the original would be better than the current knock-offs.
14. Ironman is a dick, for the love of--don't turn Spidey into his SIDEKICK!!!! (Hey, that rhymes).
15. Bring back Carnage if for no other reason but to kill him properly. Have Spider-man or Venom do it. Not some yellow Superman-ripoff.
16. Note to Marvel writers: drugs are bad. What quantity of drugs over what period of time* does it take to think that changes 1-15 are revolutionary to character development!

It's as if the writers got together in some kind of sinister cabal to plan out what would piss off their loyal fanbase the most.

*(with apologies to Lewis Black)

+A for even mentioning Lewis Black. big grin

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Yeah. I honestly think Bendis should stick to USM, and have somebody else write New Avengers. Also, I think someone like Garth Ennis should write MKSM. That's so true. I just am a little mad how fast poor carnage got thrown out of the picture and the only way anyone can see the venom sequel is if they buy a game.

Next Venom_girl
Continued from the other thread...
I'd also like to add Gwen Stacy f*ing Norman Osborne and the Black Cat getting raped to the "hell no!" list.

Mr Parker
I agree with practically everything you say Dan El.Just the fact alone that you mentioned points 1,2,3, and 8 makes you a cool guy and true spidey fan. rock thumb up

pass the paper over and I'll get my pen out and sign the petition. big grin

botcherby

1) Red and Blue is a tired costume... it may be great but it needs a little break. its gonna return in 2007, so stop worrying.
2) No writer in spiderman has involved webshooters failing or malfunctioning for years. Characters have to change and develop, and organic webshooters is a potential way forward. Its supply is supposed to be tied in with Petes health too, which gives another angle writers can work with. The fact is, you can discount Spiderman Dissassembled because "The Other" would have just given him organics too.
3)Like I said, characters need to develop.. you'd honestly like to see Doc. Ock and GG in those same original costumes they had back in the day? you wouldn't find it boring? Whenever a creative team changes, villains will always have different variations to their costumes, some good some bad... deal with it.
4)hmm... can't really argue with you here... but creative teams need to change, the readers as well as the artists would just get bored of seeing Spiderman in the same poses/style.
5)how is this against Spiderman?
6)Dude like you said, Don't Mess with Success... the movie villains were hot and the profits totally confirm it. Besides Doc Ock hasn't been on the scene since #12 of MKSM and GG also. Its been a year already without them...
7)Pete needs grounding, he one of those characters that need a parental figure in his life to make sense of all the crap he goes through... seeing as Tony Stark is gonna be his new "daddy" what say you of this?
8)stop crying and do something about it then... don't petition... start writing... maybe you'll be the person to fix it... .... probably not
9)JMS is writing, just tackling another angle of the Spiderman mythos... its only going on in "the other".
10) stop repeating points dammit

Spideys Sister
Iron spidey can fly....

SS is restraining from killing Joe. He pisses SS off with flying Spidey.

DBZ MAN

1.) I can live with this. I'm sure all super heroes need a change in style once in a while (but don't worry angry fans, they will make up an even worse story on how he goes back to his roots and puts on the red and blue again wink .)
2.)Well, by the looks of 'the other' he seems to be more spider like now which means maybe he does need organic webbing.
3.) I don't agree about the green goblin part, wearing armour sounds a bit more practical then wearing just a clown suit.
4.) He was an okay artist, not that great. But i would agree with you that i prefere his owrk to deodato's (who has just left)
5.) I like the idea of new avengers too. Spidey interacting with other super heroes always feels good.
6.) Doc Ock and GG have not been used THAT much.
7.) 100% agree with you there.
8.) read 2
9.) I thought this mystical spidey thing was abit OTT and that it was never taken this literally before, however...
10.) Read 1

Spideys Sister
HE

CAN

FLY!

The hell is going on? It's Spider-Man!

DBZ MAN
meh, look at it this way SS. They know for a fact that spidey is known for web-swinging, so its only a matter of time before they pull the plug on it. The flying thing should be over at least at the end of 'civil war'

Spideys Sister
IT"S SPIDER-MAN!!! He should not be flying. That's not his niche.

DBZ MAN
He has been cosmic before...

Dan-El
Okay, okay... I've calmed down a bit. NO FLYING! I agree with SS on that one...
Look, I've gone back through the whole "the Other" story arch. It has it's pitfalls (such as the stingers and Morlun coming back without explanation, only to die once more), but it wasn't the worst thing I read involving Spider-Man. The worst thing would have to be the Disassembled issues.
So yeah, I looked back over it, and I realized something: Peter embraced the Spider, Peter got new powers, Peter got a new costume, but Peter Parker is still Peter Parker. He got new powers and a new costume from the symbiote, but he gave that up after a while. Can we really believe that Peter would allow himself to be swept up in this "embracing the spider" nonsense and lose his humanity and lose sight of his goals? Pete's not in it for the spiders, the totems, the mystical elements of a world unknown to mortals. No, Pete does what he does because he has the power to do it, and that makes it his responsibility.
My point is that this change will not last. Peter will realize that his embracing the spider was a mistake. Somehow, he will overcome this threat to his humanity, the advanced powers will be stripped of him, and all will be right in the world. Peter will probably give up the new costume, seeing how it symbolizes and represents his grave error, and switch back to his reds and blues.
Two things re-enforce my idea: 1.) The spider-entity made out of Pirate Spiders (from "the Other"wink is biding time, and 2.) Leo the tailor still has Spidey's reds and blues, and is currently working on patching them up.
So yeah, let's all have a little faith in the character, and in those who are writing it. I can acknowledge that some writers have no business doing Spider-Man, but JMS's run hasn't been the worst. Just look at Mark Millar's!

Knightfall93
Is mark Millar the dude who made Electro a bisexual?

DBZ MAN
It might not have been a man when he was about to say "Ive always fancied a crack at..." but yes it was Mark Millar. (he's a bloody good writer...but a little up himself aparantly)
..OMG, Electro could have fancied a crack at spider-man! boy, wouldn't that have been the right time to say it laughing

Spideys Sister
Okay, okay... I've calmed down a bit. NO FLYING! I agree with SS on that one...
Look, I've gone back through the whole "the Other" story arch. It has it's pitfalls (such as the stingers and Morlun coming back without explanation, only to die once more), but it wasn't the worst thing I read involving Spider-Man. The worst thing would have to be the Disassembled issues.
So yeah, I looked back over it, and I realized something: Peter embraced the Spider, Peter got new powers, Peter got a new costume, but Peter Parker is still Peter Parker. He got new powers and a new costume from the symbiote, but he gave that up after a while. Can we really believe that Peter would allow himself to be swept up in this "embracing the spider" nonsense and lose his humanity and lose sight of his goals? Pete's not in it for the spiders, the totems, the mystical elements of a world unknown to mortals. No, Pete does what he does because he has the power to do it, and that makes it his responsibility.
My point is that this change will not last. Peter will realize that his embracing the spider was a mistake. Somehow, he will overcome this threat to his humanity, the advanced powers will be stripped of him, and all will be right in the world. Peter will probably give up the new costume, seeing how it symbolizes and represents his grave error, and switch back to his reds and blues.
Two things re-enforce my idea: 1.) The spider-entity made out of Pirate Spiders (from "the Other"wink is biding time, and 2.) Leo the tailor still has Spidey's reds and blues, and is currently working on patching them up.
So yeah, let's all have a little faith in the character, and in those who are writing it. I can acknowledge that some writers have no business doing Spider-Man, but JMS's run hasn't been the worst. Just look at Mark Millar's! Well saidOriginally posted by Knightfall93
Is mark Millar the dude who made Electro a bisexual? What the f**k? Electro was Bi?!

Next Venom_girl
^ That was the joke. He's with this mutant shapeshifter who can appear as anyone he wants. She keeps changing into different women when he stops her and mentions something along the lines of that after his time in prison he was kind of interested in experimenting with his sexuality...

Marcus4600
Finally someone comes along and knows what I've been reading. ^

redcaped
I thought it was the cigarette "more" when I was a kid. smokin' ...Spider-Man no fuma!

FG725
Continued from the other thread...
I'd also like to add Gwen Stacy f*ing Norman Osborne and the Black Cat getting raped to the "hell no!" list. wow when the hell did this occur and im gonna hate to see what happens to deadpool whe he is put in the USM series

Spideys Sister
^ That was the joke. He's with this mutant shapeshifter who can appear as anyone he wants. She keeps changing into different women when he stops her and mentions something along the lines of that after his time in prison he was kind of interested in experimenting with his sexuality... Scans? That seems hilarious. Spidey comics don't get into pueberty like they used to.

Dan-El
Waiiit... when was Black Cat raped?

Dan-El
Hello? When was she raped?

Marcus4600
When she was in college.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.