Glenn Beck gets his own show on CNN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Just like MSNBC did with Michael Savage (before firing him for making homophobic and obscene death threats to a caller live on the air), CNN is trying to compete with Bill O'Rielly by giving Glenn Beck his own "news show".

Beck is a far-right radio host and recovering drug/alcohol abuser who's on-air antics have included soliciting money on the the air for someone to kill Michael Moore (he rescinded the offer saying that he'd prefer to kill him himself), Called hurricane Katrina victims "scumbags", said that he hated 9/11 victims' families cause they were "whiners" and he'd never hated victims faster, and called Nick Berg's father and opportunistic scumbag after his son was decapitated in Iraq. He also hates Will and Grace for "promoting homosexuality"

My question is, why do you have to be to the right of hitler to get a news show on tv or the radio (not counting comedy central or air america)?

PVS
Originally posted by Darth Jello
My question is, why do you have to be to the right of hitler to get a news show on tv or the radio (not counting comedy central or air america)?

or more to the point, why do you have to be to the right of hitler to gain the admiration of so many on the right?

"ZOMG WE'RE NOT ALL FASCISTS!!!!11"

yeah, im sure there is a good percentage of you who aren't, but there is a staggering percentage who are. ratings. don't. lie.

soleran30
Wahoo instead of liberal sensational media coverage.

We get more "conservative" sensational media coverage.

All I can say is good luck beating O'Reilly factor it is pretty goodsmile

botankus
Beck is a far-right radio host and recovering drug/alcohol abuser who's on-air antics have included soliciting money on the the air for someone to kill Michael Moore

What a big waste of time and stature. Doesn't he realize a few more Double Thickburgers will do the deed for him?

Darth Jello
1. I like michael moore, he seemed like a nice guy for the 5 minutes i met him
2. Making death threats isn't protected speech.

soleran30
1. I like michael moore, he seemed like a nice guy for the 5 minutes i met him
2. Making death threats isn't protected speech.

1. Most people who present to an audience are nice more often then not for 5 minutessmile

2. No one said it was protected speech.

botankus
Hell, if I knew I was getting royalties out my extra-large gluteous ***imus - and I knew they were coming from him, I could even be nice for 5 minutes to Saddam himself!

Hit_and_Miss
I would love to hear this guys views on big buisnesses if he calls others whiners..

soleran30
LOL I hope he gets sponsored by more big business'ssmile

Darth Jello
um, i met him after a speech with my ex girlfriend, i wasn't being paid royalties.
and as usual, Beck's pretty much a corporatist.

Capt_Fantastic
He also hates Will and Grace for "promoting homosexuality"

First point: If he hates Will & Grace, then we agree on something. It promotes stereotypical homosexuality, which is a disgrace. wink What is a stereotypical homosexual male? Shallow, self-centered, sexually irresponsible, flammers that are only capable of speaking in biting wit and who posses the emotional stability of a lactating breast.

Second point: Ultra conservative hosts have always been more popular in the media. I have always made the assumption that it was because common sense need not be taught to the vast majority of anti-conservative viewers. It's just like church. If you sit there and nod your head in agreement, then it makes you feel like you're right. If you stand up a walk out of a church that fails to practice what it preaches, then you've already reached an informed descision.

botankus
um, i met him after a speech with my ex girlfriend, i wasn't being paid royalties.

Is your name Michael Moore? If not, then you aren't the five-minute conversation Cheer Bear that is getting royalties everytime one of his docu-dramas gets bought or gets air time.

If it is, then save a spot for me in the buffet line. But please try to save some mac & cheese for me this time!

Darth Jello
um, everyone who's directed/produced a movie gets money every time a studio buys it or it gets airtime. It's a pretty standard point of negotiation in contracts.
Also, Will and Grace is crap, but the arguement that Beck is making is that exposure to gay people on any level somehow promotes and spreads homosexuality.

soleran30
Moore was trying to reach out and educate america not make alot of money from them right...................or is he donating all profits to people without health care in the USsmile

All these far right and left talk show hosts are amusing who cares who they place in the spotlight its up to you what you decide is true/untrue at the end of the day.

Darth Jello
stop putting words in my mouth. If you want to have a conversation with yourself and respond to statements i've never made you can turn of the computer and talk to yourself all you want.
I'm outraged that they're putting bigotted morons on the air and ever since Ronald "god, i'm glad he's rotting in the earth" Reagan repealed an antitrust law called the Fairness Act there has been no counter argument, no balanced coverage, and no reasoned debate in the American media. Every ****ing debate is Right wing vs. extreme right wing. instead of two sides I get Fransisco Franco debating Adolf Hitler on whether Bush is god incanate or merely a saint. and that passes for reasoned debate.

soleran30
stop putting words in my mouth. If you want to have a conversation with yourself and respond to statements i've never made you can turn of the computer and talk to yourself all you want.

How can I be putting words in your mouth you are doing a fine job I was simply giving my point of view on Moore and the intial post of a new right wing talk show host and there you go.

Darth Jello
http://mediamatters.org/items/200601180007

quotes squeezed into a compact, brown little nugget

PVS
just heard it.

this guy is a dispicable piece of shit. he does not compare to micheal more, he compares to david duke. its a sad day we live in where this is considered good media. wow.

ElectricBugaloo
I wrote about this the other day; it's sad that CNN is skewing so far to the right. I haven't watched cable news (except for Olbermann) in a long time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.