who eles gets sleep paralasis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bogen
i do, every other night, can't move,speak.
it was really scary but now it's regular like clock work.
and then i had the black lady come, a dark skinned girl choking me, did i mention it comes with halusinations, well she wasent choking me ass such just compressing my chest so no air could het in.

every happend to you?

Mīsk
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?
What the f**k?

Whatever your smoking get me some. no expression

What the f**k?

cruel jedi
no expression never

bogen
NO REALLY! it a desiese, and for first timers it suck the big one, but i think it's fun.
i try and beat my own paralasis, iv'e only eva done it once but im getting better

cruel jedi
how do u like get out of paralysis no expression

bogen
normally you wait, and wait and don't panic wateva you do cause it only get worse, sometimes you can hear voices laughing at you.
that means your panacing.
there was a huge plague that went around the world, the black lady i talked about before, when you see her you pray cause it's really scary!, but cause im a vet and have got it every week for the past 3 year im like, bugger off and let me sleep!

or you can try to move a bady part but you just end up working up a sweat unless you try slowly but for a long time, like an hour

cruel jedi
oh thats harsh no expression

bogen
at first yeah but now my mum looks at me in the morning cause i havent slept AT ALL, and just goes "you should have called me", " im paralised mom!'
ill get a link

i forgot the most important, a threatining presence in the room, a man in a black balaclava and stuff like that, all these halusonations.
you think your going mad, lol.

cruel jedi
messed

Alpha Centauri
I don't get it as much now.

-AC

Mīsk
I Still think your on some kind of fecking drug.

bogen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

ther ya go, sorry i took so long i came across a survey and thought id help

Mīsk
Originally posted by bogen
http://www.dreamsnightmares.com/sleepparalysis.html

ther ya go, sorry i took so long i came across a survey and thought id help

Invalid Site.

bogen
unless you are irish, I did not give you permission to say fecking, ok.
im the only irishman on this thread! erm
damn invalidness!, thanks for tellin me

Mīsk
unless you are irish, I did not give you permission to say fecking, ok.
im the only irishman on this thread! erm
damn invalidness!, thanks for tellin me

Im Scottish So Blow It You Fecking irishmen.

bogen

Mīsk
then you should be saying fooking shite!, and stuff like that.
what part of scotland?
and no im not blowing ye, ejet!

By the way I know what the sleep disorder is.
You Should see the docter, when you see images it can relate to Schizoprenia.

cruel jedi
whoa messed

bogen
really!!!!!, SHITE!!!, i don't want that.

i did go to my local, he said it's a phase and i grow out of it by 20, but i think ill have another word with him now.

cruel jedi
****ing!!! harsh!!

bogen
ya, your tellin me cry

Mīsk
no expression Yes, do that.

cruel jedi
no expression

Mīsk
Im tired no expression

cruel jedi
really no expression

bogen
well im afraid to go to bed now cry

Salem07
I have the hardest problem trying to fall asleep. I get tired, but can't sleep, it takes me hours

bogen
try this and tell me you can't sleep.
bat the bishop, then tell me you can't sleep

cruel jedi
i have that problem cry

bogen
i think all guys do at some point, you just need to do something tiering like my previous suggestion or swimming, that works or staying up all night on KMC.

Salem07
Originally posted by cruel jedi
i have that problem cry

and we have more in common now.

I do manage to fall asleep during a football game that I wanted to watch though, cause I get so comfortable on the couch then I'm out of it.

cruel jedi
i do that when watching a film i did when watching doom cry

Storm
I' ve never heard anything about sleep paralysis being linked to schizophrenia. Many report hallucinations during episodes of sleep paralysis.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

cruel jedi
id never even heard of sleep parlysis untill today

Salem07
and then there are so many different kinds of sleep patterns you go through. I learned all this in psychology last year, wow I was paying more attention than I thought.

cruel jedi
laughing ur mad stick out tongue

Salem07
I try.

cruel jedi
really cry

BakaXero
and then i had the black lady come, a dark skinned girl choking me, did i mention it comes with halusinations, well she wasent choking me ass such just compressing my chest so no air could het in.

every happend to you?
i've had a similar experience except it was a guy, at least i think it was a guy, couldn't tell it was a dark figure. and he wasn't strangling me but his hand went through my chest and i felt him pulling me, like he was trying to steal my soul. I couldn't move. i was in limbo of being half awake half asleep.
i made a thread about it before. it's here somewheres.

cruel jedi
no expression

GCG
It used to happen to me.

And it happened always in the same place and the same events would happen. The scariest part is the incapacity to move a finger or say something.

Firestar
It occasionaly happens to me but not the hallucinations...I just can't move, speak or open my eyes...sometimes it's feels like I can't breath....it's terrifying....I either have to fight it or just try and go back to sleep...

bogen
yeah i fight it, gives me a kick we i win, which was only once, but it's ok.
i had it again last night btw

K.Diddy

every happend to you?

Lay off the crack pipe wink

bogen
what crack pipe?might i ask ?

K.Diddy
what crack pipe?might i ask ?

I'm not messing with you no expression

no expression You know karate

so yes you may ask, but if you dont know what a crack pipe is then I dont want to be the one to tell you wink

bogen
thats ok then, well thank you for your input anyhow, big grin

K.Diddy
thats ok then, well thank you for your input anyhow, big grin

happy Anytime

bogen
btw iv'e figured my problem out!, i got to bed with to many poetic/martial arts/archutecture ideas in my head that i build up over the course of the day.
i think i need to get them out.

K.Diddy
btw iv'e figured my problem out!, i got to bed with to many poetic/martial arts/archutecture ideas in my head that i build up over the course of the day.
i think i need to get them out.

smile Good Idea, go and hit your head on a few brickwalls, get the stress outwallbash

It will make your head stronger too smile Serious, I heard it from a doctor

Go try it wink

bogen
accually ill have you know that in kung fu thats exacly what they do, make there heads bullet proof, so stick out tongue
but i do the same with my hand,fists and feet so angai stick out tongue

KENobi™
I've had it once before...

Staying in a new home when I was younger. I went to sleep on the couch and then I couldn't move, then I felt something on my legs. I couldn't yell out even if I wanted to.

K.Diddy
accually ill have you know that in kung fu thats exacly what they do, make there heads bullet proof, so stick out tongue
but i do the same with my hand,fists and feet so angai stick out tongue

confused So your head is bullet proof?

bogen
no that would be council#13, if he does traditional shoalin style with all the sublimeanary extras, but my hands are big grin, oh and feetbig grin

K.Diddy
no that would be council#13, if he does traditional shoalin style with all the sublimeanary extras, but my hands are big grin, oh and feetbig grin

That's what I thought about my car sad

bogen
lol, tell me it wasent a holden pleaaaase

K.Diddy
lol, tell me it wasent a holden pleaaaase

sad Yes

bogen
awww, poor you.
holden the great australian car!* yeah mate!*

BackFire
Thankfully I've never experienced it myself (that I remember). I have read a bit about it, and it sounds absolutely terrifying, especially if it's accompanied by a hallucination of some kind. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I couldn't move and saw a shadow walking around in my room strangling me. Probably would give me a heart attack.

bogen
yeah, it tends to do that.
did you see the wiki artical on psge 1, interesting

Kosta
Ive had it before. Can't remember the last time I got it. Its pretty freaky when it happens though.

bogen
ah a n00b to SP, wel it's scarry at first then you get yoused to it, you'll live

fini
hmmmm its been a long time since I got it. MAybe a few years actually.

Thank goodness its gone.

bogen
yup i understand you feelings

bogen
bump.....

cruel jedi
huh

bogen
hehe lol

lowrider370
now i am afarid to sleep

debbiejo
I did once and it was the worst experience I ever had....Totally terrifying.

powerfulone1987

every happend to you?

I don't know if I have sleeep paralysis, but when I was younger I had a nightmare everynight and was terrified every night to go to bed and sometimes would stay up all night no matter how sleepy i was just so i wouldn't dream.

Sometimes and still to this day(just every blue moon, not often), just the other night actually. I was sleep and then I was just laying on my bed, but I thought i was sleep, but everything was as if i was up, so i might have been up, but i couldn't move and there was this female, one i couldn't see, i just knew, on my back putting so much pressure on me, and it didn't feel like the weight of a human being, it felt like a great amount of air pressure or something, but i was being pressed down into my mattress and she was evil, and by this time i just thought i was sleep, either, i was conscious of what was going on and was aware that I could do nothing and just needed to lie there and wait for it to be over, even though i was freaked out. Yes, i still get scared of nightmares and things like this, i'm scarred for life from my childhood. So after a while it stopped and I either just became able to move or woke up. I'm not sure if I was up or not, but my eyes were open during it and everything was normal, besides the fact that i couldn't move and this evil person was on my back and i was subjected to all that pushing pressure.

Also, something that happened when i was younger and sometimes now, If I'm having a bad dream and I realize it. It's called a Lucid dream when you realize you're in a dream. So if i start to have a Lucid dream and it's bad, I can wake myself up from the dream. Sometimes are harder than others, but with a little will power, I'm able to wake myself. As I got older, I notice that the feeling I got use to get to wake myself up never came, there was just this feeling where i knew i had the opportunity and then i would do it, But the feeling came less frequently as i got older.

There were other times when i'd just be laying in bed and every once in a while i'd get this like chaotic feeling inside of my body and everything would seem loose inside me and floating around and thoughts going every which way, and when i would get like this, I would hear voices in my room and was bound to have a nightmare when i went to sleep like this. So later in life, whenever I got this feeling, I made sure I didn't go to sleep, but whenever I went to sleep in this state, I would have terrible nightmares.

The most frequent nightmare that I had when I was younger was of my mother over top of my in my bed and then she would open her mouth very wide and eat me. I was terrified of that dreams. Other bad dreams that was of me in my bed were people tickling me on my sides. Whenever they did this, I would die.

In other dreams whenever somebody kissed me, I would die also.
In one dream my grandparents sat on either side of me and started jiggling against me and I died.

is it comprehensible.....

bogen
sound to me like all the same things i get or did get, lucid dreams;iv'e looked into this and you are very lucky because it takes a great deal of power, for any person not born into the club, it requres you to accept the fact that every day life could very well be a dream inside numerous dreams.
iv'e tried it and let me tell you it's hard.

http://sleepparalysis.dnswh.com/what_is_sleep_paralysis.htm

seaapple
I've experienced that (awake but not being able to move at night), but no hallucinations or anything. Wasn't totally terrifying, but it was strange. It takes an extraordinary amount of will to finally start moving.

Myth

every happend to you?

I learned about this in one of my Psychology courses. There is some chemical that is released in your brain while you go into REM and it paralizes you and thats when much of your dreams come start. Sleep paralisis is when you wake up during REM and the chemical reaction for some reason does not stop. It is a theory that sleep paralisis is the reason many people believe that they were abducted by aliens and yet people have very similar accounts of what happens when you are abducted. Most people who claim to be abducted claim that a figure came in the night with flashing lights and they paralize you. Then they do all their horrible probing crap. The paralized part is obvious. Since you often halllucinate during sleep paralisis, you'll see a figure standing over you even though it is not their and you are pretty much awake and can look around. A large survey was done on people who have had sleep paralisis and the response for their first time experience was terror (damn near 100% response rate). The mixture of hallucinating with the terror often causes false memory creations within the individual. Soon, they convince themselves that they were actually abducted. This is just a theory though (not mine, I read about it).

Btw, I've never had it but I know 2 of my friends who have but neither of them experienced hallucinations.

powerfulone1987
It just dawned on me. I also would wake up in the morning or whenever from sleep and it would be hard to move. I mean, I couldn't move. My eyes would still be closed, but I was awake and still in bed motionless. Then I would exert this tremendous effort, as if lifting heavy weights or something and I would have to do this to move, or just give up and fall back into sleep. I don't remember ever given in though. I just forced it and I would be able to open my eyes and move, but it was hard and even though it happened so many times, I've never thought about it like this and what actually happened until now.

is it comprehensible.....

seaapple
"Powerfulone," that's what I experienced exactly (except not in the morning, at night)!

DarkC

joeykangaroo

every happend to you?
that sounds scary sad

Firestar
It is very scary messed

bogen
ok, it's back.
I had thought id " shaken is off" so to speak but it has returned in full force.

The other night i had my IT teacher screaming at me to get out of the class room when im lying in bed, strange i know.

The worst part is im now tired all the time and each day it become that much harder to get up and do things.
Im thinking about being put on stronger medication for it but that will mean the effects will pretty much be the same, constantly tired the big concern for me is weather ill get fat from it or not, it also slows your metabolisim.

what should i do, go insane or get fat?

ladygrim
Its only happened to me a couple of times ... but one time it was just one side of my body ... no expression i couldnt move my arm or leg and i was like oh sh!!t

InnerRise
ok, it's back.
I had thought id " shaken is off" so to speak but it has returned in full force.

The other night i had my IT teacher screaming at me to get out of the class room when im lying in bed, strange i know.

The worst part is im now tired all the time and each day it become that much harder to get up and do things.
Im thinking about being put on stronger medication for it but that will mean the effects will pretty much be the same, constantly tired the big concern for me is weather ill get fat from it or not, it also slows your metabolisim.

what should i do, go insane or get fat? Your post is kind of confusing.

I did get the insane or fat part though.

shock

I would definitely go insane.

Me fat? shrug

Hell no. mhm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Red Two
This tread is Creepy.Now il probbly have nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.