CAn anyone recommend any good fantasies/drama's??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laviera_j
I am dying to read another book, I always have 2 or 3 going at one time, but now I don't! Can anyone recommend??

Pope Mobile GXX
I suggest, Dan Browns books (Da Vinci code, digital fortress) their ok, Everworld (14 book series made by the creator of animorfs, I hate animorfes it sucks), Eragon, Artemis Fowl,

Though this author writes Sci-Fi you'll lovew his books. You have to read some books from Michael Crichton, he is famous for the books he's writen, and many have been made into movies (Sphere, Jurrasic Park, Congo, etc.). He is very tecknical in his writings and is very thourogh, if your an intense reader go for it, but if not don't, sometimes he gets so in depth with the reasearch he's hard to understand (Not in a bad way). I suggest you read Prey, but NEVER NEVER READ Airframe it is a terrible book and go's so in depth with the research on airplane fuctions you will scream (plus it seems pretty mad up.

Shogun DXPSI
well it depends you, give me an example of what books you are already into or already read?

Lord Magnus
Michael Chrichton, I would like to add, wrote the original Jurassic Park, which a lot of people don't know was even based on a book at all... I think it was a great book, much better than the movies.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is a must-read...Eragon, yes, and the Artemis Fowl series (though the first one's the best)...never read Da Vinci Code... right now I'm reading Nancy Farmer, she's written 3 popular books that I know of: the Ear, the Eye, and the Arm; the House of the Scorpion; and the Sea of Trolls. One might, however, like to keep in mind that I'm a middle-schooler with the attention span of a gerbil.

I'm assuming you've read the Lord of the Rings books, but it might be good to read some of the short story collections of Middle-Earth, not to mention the Silmarillion. Abarat by Cllive Barker is genius if you like weird fantasy. My attention span is now forcing me to go to the OTF and post on the KMC Mafia, so farewell.

Laviera_j
Thanks guys so much!

I_am_Melkor
I recommend, if you have a !!LOT!! of time,
the DrangonLance series,
(there's over 120, and still growing!), because, not only are they interesting, but you get attatched to the characters. When someone died in the 3rd book, I cried for over an hour. And when someone else was trapped in the Abyss because he sacrificed himself to save his brother, (and the rest of the world...((but mostly his brother...))...), for the whole day, I would randomly start crying. I still have to fight the tears that come whenever I think of what he did...

Well, anyway, the first book is called 'Dragons of Autumn Twilight', and it is in the top 10 list of my favourite books. I recommend the series because they will fill a lot of boring days with adventure and that small taste of freedom that a good book brings...

Xman Unleashed
Wheel of Time - Best book fantasy Series ever

masterkit
Well There is The Chronicles Of Narnia, Which is a very good set of books. C.S. Lewis Is a fantastic Writer, so check it out.

And Try the Corneila Funke books. VERY VERY! Satifying

Opaleye92
the harry potter books are my fav. series, the bartimeus trilogy is really good also, and the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix awesome! yes big grin

MistressofSnape
Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfield, Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale, Dragonlance Saga by (only) Margret Weis and Tacy Hickman

I_am_Melkor
Okay... Not really sure what you like, so....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like poetry (even if you DON'T like poetry, I still recommend this)...
"Paradise Lost" by John Milton

If you like Science-Fiction...
Anything by H. P. Lovecraft (especially "The Call of Cthulhu" or "The Colour Out of Space"wink

If you like Fantasy...
"The Inheritence trilogy" by Christopher Paolini
"The DragonLance Saga" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
"The Lord of the Rings" and "The Silmarillion" by J. R. R. Tolkien

If you like Horror/Fantasy...
"Cirque Du Freak" and "The Demonata" by Darren Shan
"The Stand", " 'Salem's Lot", and "The Eyes of the Dragon" by Stephen King

If you like Horror...
Anything by Stephen King

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.