CAn anyone recommend any good fantasies/drama's??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Laviera_j
I am dying to read another book, I always have 2 or 3 going at one time, but now I don't! Can anyone recommend??

Deano
i havnr read many books, so the only one i can reccomeend is:
stephen kings' the stand' the uncut version

fantastic book

vaya_the_elf
Dragonlance books, Harry potter books, The chronicles of Narnia, Baker's boy trilogy, Eragon, and Eldest. My list goes on .. lol

Laviera_j
Lol, sounds great, thanks! i AM trying to read Margaret Atwood's Cats Eye - so far, brilliant! Deals with time, very cool.

Council#13
A good fantasy is the Amulet of Samarkand, followed by it's prequel, the Golem's Eye. The final book is Ptomely's Gate. These books are not only enthralling, but halarious and will keep you awake all night because you cannot put them down (seriously, once i stayed up till 4:00 A.M reading them)

WrathfulDwarf
Try the Forgotten Realms series. They're easy to read and you catch up with the storylines pretty fast. I was reading them but I stop to read the Warhammer Novels.

Pope Mobile GXX
I suggest, Dan Browns books (Da Vinci code, digital fortress) their ok, Everworld (14 book series made by the creator of animorfs, I hate animorfes it sucks), Eragon, Artemis Fowl,

Though this author writes Sci-Fi you'll lovew his books. You have to read some books from Michael Crichton, he is famous for the books he's writen, and many have been made into movies (Sphere, Jurrasic Park, Congo, etc.). He is very tecknical in his writings and is very thourogh, if your an intense reader go for it, but if not don't, sometimes he gets so in depth with the reasearch he's hard to understand (Not in a bad way). I suggest you read Prey, but NEVER NEVER READ Airframe it is a terrible book and go's so in depth with the research on airplane fuctions you will scream (plus it seems pretty mad up.

Azure
DELTORA QUEST!!!!! DRAGONLANCE!!! thise ar very good books!! if you are a young reader,(which i doubt, because you seem like you are in highschool) Deltora Quest is very good. If you are more mature, you should read Dragonlance! they are both awusome

Azure
the deltora quest books have 15 main books, and then there are side art books, they are by Emily Rodda. beware, the dragonlance books have over 60 books and still making more, but still good.

curtmister
eragon eldest narnia keys to the kingdom DELTORA QUEST

MistressofSnape
The Chanters Of Tremaris, The Dragonlance Chronicles, The Dragonlace Legends, The Keys To the Kingdom, Harry Potter, The Old Kingdom, and The Claidi Journals

Pandemoniac
Terry Goodkind's 'The Sword of Truth' series entertained me greatly, a very captivating and detailed story. It does get extremely violent at times, but if you don't mind that, give it a go.
For another suggestion; I just finished part 2 of Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' and that has me hooked big time. Can't wait to read what will happen next.

Lord-of-Dreams
Terry Pratchett's Discworld is great. Its a whole series, around 30 titles, al hilarious. Also, the Edge Chronicles are pretty cool, and if you also like talking animals, go for the Welkin Weasels series, by Gary Kilworth. Artemis Fowl for younger readers... Harry Potter, I guess is allright...

jaden101
i'm currently reading the magus by John Fowles...that is one really bizzare mystery/fantasy book about a master of deception...

i would also recommend high-rise or the crystal world by JG Ballard

BartmanX
Here's a list:

Artemis Fowl series
Deltora series
The Edge Chronicles series
Inkheart and Inkspell

Azure
your list is very good

MistressofSnape
Found two series to suggested: The Belgeriad series and The Malloreon series by David Eddings. It's a bit of an epic fantasy series. Read them one after another. Each consists of 5 books.

curtmister
keys to the kingdom by garth nix delotra quest eragon eldest

Laviera_j
Yeah, Garth Nix is good, I read the Abhorsen Trilogy which rocked.

Laviera_j
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
I suggest, Dan Browns books (Da Vinci code, digital fortress) their ok, Everworld (14 book series made by the creator of animorfs, I hate animorfes it sucks), Eragon, Artemis Fowl,

Though this author writes Sci-Fi you'll lovew his books. You have to read some books from Michael Crichton, he is famous for the books he's writen, and many have been made into movies (Sphere, Jurrasic Park, Congo, etc.). He is very tecknical in his writings and is very thourogh, if your an intense reader go for it, but if not don't, sometimes he gets so in depth with the reasearch he's hard to understand (Not in a bad way). I suggest you read Prey, but NEVER NEVER READ Airframe it is a terrible book and go's so in depth with the research on airplane fuctions you will scream (plus it seems pretty mad up.

Thanks! I'm reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

chupa_chikka
narnia!narnia!narnia!narnia!narnia!narnia!!!!!!!!!
!!

Council#13
Originally posted by Council#13
A good fantasy is the Amulet of Samarkand, followed by it's prequel, the Golem's Eye. The final book is Ptomely's Gate. These books are not only enthralling, but halarious and will keep you awake all night because you cannot put them down (seriously, once i stayed up till 4:00 A.M reading them)
No one's gonna back me up? no expression

Azure
I would, only I have never read those, but I believe you!

Council#13
touched Thanks! You should try them thumb up

Council#13
Azure, your sig is in the WheelofTime vs. Dragonlance thread smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.