Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

veronica002
Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?... well my parents trust and they let me go out with my friends but not on dates... My older brother scrwed up is college plans because of his gf and now has a kid and works all the time... so because of my bro i think she is taking it out on me... i know she dosent want me to mess up my life too but still thats not fair... i mean i could probably go behind her back but i dont feel right about doing that. so what should i do?

PVS
grow some rocks and put your foot down.

any other questions?

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?

He speaks the truth.

Bardock42
I think you can wait a year.

Shakyamunison
The problem you have is really a very small one. You have parents that love you, things could be worse. big grin

Darth Jello
your not missing all that much, most guys are assholes and don't know the first thing about manners, sex, good area restaurants or conversation.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The problem you have is really a very small one. You have parents that love you, things could be worse. big grin
Yeah..you could have parents that ....love....you too much......you get it?....eh?..... eh?...anyone?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by veronica002
Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?... well my parents trust and they let me go out with my friends but not on dates... My older brother scrwed up is college plans because of his gf and now has a kid and works all the time... so because of my bro i think she is taking it out on me... i know she dosent want me to mess up my life too but still thats not fair... i mean i could probably go behind her back but i dont feel right about doing that. so what should i do? whos she?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah..you could have parents that ....love....you too much......you get it?....eh?..... eh?...anyone?

You are sick sick but that was the point. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You are sick sick but that was the point. big grin
Indeed.

veronica002
Originally posted by DrDoom101
whos she?

she as in my mom

Quiero Mota

He's right, chica. Just wait til you're in college and then go buckwild. Orale!

KidRock
Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?... well my parents trust and they let me go out with my friends but not on dates... My older brother scrwed up is college plans because of his gf and now has a kid and works all the time... so because of my bro i think she is taking it out on me... i know she dosent want me to mess up my life too but still thats not fair... i mean i could probably go behind her back but i dont feel right about doing that. so what should i do?

Ill ask your mom about it tonight when I pick her up cool

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?

Yeah cause that ALWAYS works when you try and tell your parents how things are going to be. laughing out loud

Have you tried enlisting the help of another adult to talk to her about this?

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yeah cause that ALWAYS works when you try and tell your parents how things are going to be. laughing out loud

rebellion is the key to compromise. if her parents are completely irrational, and she remains obedient, guess what happens? nothing.
plus it earns respect, if you put your foot down in a respectable manner sans-tantrum and be firm about it.

unless of coarse she's not telling us something and there is a reason for such strictness. otherwise its bullshit.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Hmm..Sounds like you're halfway in the same situation as me, kind of. I was'nt aloud to date until I was 16 and I'm almost 17 now. I had a different boyfriend when I was 14-15 and I sometimes went behind my parents backs to go to the movies with him and my best friend and her boyfriend (We dated Twins), and sometimes I'd even tell them and they huffed but got over it. It was RARE though.
I just think you should talk to your parents about it, otherwise you arent going to get anywhere unless you sneak behind their back, which isnt the right thing to do. If I had a chance to take it back I would considering my ex was a

River Wild
The best thing to do is to wait for another year! smile

Imaginary

I'm 14 and going behind my parents' backs.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh you rebel.

K.Diddy

Imaginary
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Oh you rebel.

Well I'm not allowed to date til I'm 18 so...

botankus
Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?...

The way this first part is phrased automatically means no. Obviously you've proposed this question to your parents and they have answered likewise. Since you are in their custody and they are responsible for you for the rest of one tiny, measly year...the answer is no, as I stated before.

Next year you may be one.

debbiejo
I can see her point though. Some people marry at 17. Though the longer you can wait to date the better you'll be in getting your life planned out.

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo
I can see her point though. Some people marry at 17. Though the longer you can wait to date the better you'll be in getting your life planned out.

the longer you wait the more likely you are to make a stupid decision out of desperation.

botankus
Look for Love (God, that sounds like a bad, old Country song) between the ages of 22-26.

That is, if you haven't already jumped out your bedroom window to rendezvous with some college stud yet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Look for Love (God, that sounds like a bad, old Country song) between the ages of 22-26.

That is, if you haven't already jumped out your bedroom window to rendezvous with some college stud yet.

The latter is more likely I guess...desperate teen girls.

debbiejo

That is, if you haven't already jumped out your bedroom window to rendezvous with some college stud yet. eek! Sounds fun. Never did that...

Oh love what people do when they're in love. Like don't go to college. At least some of them.

botankus
Oh, Good morning, Debs. I see you've made it back from your rendezvous with your college stud!

debbiejo
It's afternoon now....Yeah college studs.....They're just everywhere in my house. laughing out loud

botankus

Have you tried the face to the pancake griddle approach? Try it tomorrow morning when your parents are cooking pancakes on the griddle (that's a cooking surface for Bisquick for all you weekend breakfast illiterates). When they're least expecting it, slam their face on the griddle until they agree to not only let you go out tomorrow night with a guy, but with the sleaziest 25-year-old-guy-with-three-kids in town.

debbiejo
blink

Shakyamunison
Have you tried the face to the pancake griddle approach? Try it tomorrow morning when your parents are cooking pancakes on the griddle (that's a cooking surface for Bisquick for all you weekend breakfast illiterates). When they're least expecting it, slam their face on the griddle until they agree to not only let you go out tomorrow night with a guy, but with the sleaziest 25-year-old-guy-with-three-kids in town.

But you only get to do that once, then they change the locks. stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Calling Bullshit!
UC acceptance letters haven't been mailed yet, They come in March...
Why do I know?
because I'm waithing by the mailbox...

Imperial_Samura
What you need is for you parents to chaperon on your dates. Convince them to let you go if they get to go with you, then drag them along on a few dates to places that teens consider a fun night out and they'll get board/head aches quick smart, then it'll be "Ah, we don't think we'll be joining you tonight, but make sure your home by 11"

Or, far more sensibly, wait a year. Nothing wrong with waiting, you have your whole life ahead of you.

Sir Whirlysplat
Veronica - are you attractive?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

shame on you!...you bad man.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
shame on you!...you bad man.

smile

Capt_Fantastic
smile

You're gonna end up an "I don't think this guys a perv" thread on some internet forum, aren't you?

debbiejo
Veronica - are you attractive? Boy, you ask this of a lot of people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindship

Aye, lad. beer The Captain would be proud.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by debbiejo
Boy, you ask this of a lot of people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well are you Bebs? wink

Originally posted by Mindship
Aye, lad. beer The Captain would be proud.

thanks Scotty wink

toby19
sit your parents down and have a long conversation with them...

River Wild
There will be no problem if you wait for your birthday! But its still your decision! Goodluck!

a1hsauce
Originally posted by Darth Jello
your not missing all that much, most guys are assholes and don't know the first thing about manners, sex, good area restaurants or conversation. big grin thats why i use Citysearch for all my dinner plan needs yes

DarkC
You're really going to let yourself get bossed around like that?

Dating doesn't always involve sex, and doesn't have to interfere with your academic achievements.

((The_Anomaly))
Ok well IMO your parents are not being rational. At 17 you should normally have had a bf/ gf. You should DEFINITELY be allowed to date at least.

I mean when I was 17 I was wasted all the time and..well I was generally nuts. But I still got into University no prob smart And currently I have no babies as far as I know. ninja

stick out tongue

So I think you need to sit down and discuss this with your parents. Surely they dated at 17. There gonna give you the whole "I don't want you making the same mistakes I did..." blurb. But just tell them that not being allowed to date at 17 isnt normal and will turn you into a social wreck. And that later in life you wont be able to have a stable relationship with anyone and it will lead to you being an old crazy lady on welfare who sits on her porch all day with her uncountable number of cats.

smilethumb up

Vendetta
Bla bla bla, you maybe all good and well but theres plenty of mofos out there that isn't. You ain't missing much just stupid memories.

botankus
The thread starter hasn't responded to any of these brilliant blink ideas since last Thursday. Maybe she ran away with some 24-year old or is dead, or both.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?
In whose home does she live again?

botankus
Do you think, Fece, that moving to a toilet bowl would enhance her life?

FeceMan
Do you think, Fece, that moving to a toilet bowl would enhance her life?
*Shrugs.*

She can come stay in mine, if she wants. There's plenty of room.

BUT SHE HAS TO FLUSH WHEN I TELL HER TO FLUSH.

Or else there'll be trouble.

redcaped
Being a girl is a great gift. Do not worry, the boy=guy will always look for you no matter how hard to get you are right now. As for me being a guy is bad because I don't do what the rest does and I also like girls, that is why is bad for me.

LonDon06
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
He's right, chica. Just wait til you're in college and then go buckwild. Orale!
They're right, If you've waited this long you can certainally wait another year. Just relax you have your whole life ahead of you...
Wait is that coming from me *timetravels to teenself*

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?

But, if she grows some rocks, she'll never get a date.

KidRock
But, if she grows some rocks, she'll never get a date.

Lol why dont you give her some tips from your experience Cap.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by KidRock

laughing

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by K.Diddy
laughing

Are you really so sad and pathetic that you can't be your own person? Everyone knows Kid Rock and I hate each other, but at least he's not following someone around and being a douche solely because he doesn't like ****. Speaking of growing a set of rocks, why don't you try it sometime. You might even get laid. Follower.

Waste of sperm...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by KidRock

That makes no sense. I expect a little more thought out of your comebacks. If the chick grew a set of balls, and wanted to date men, then I can certainly give her the name of a few clubs where that attribute would come in handy.

K.Diddy
Are you really so sad and pathetic that you can't be your own person? Everyone knows Kid Rock and I hate each other, but at least he's not following someone around and being a douche solely because he doesn't like ****. Speaking of growing a set of rocks, why don't you try it sometime. You might even get laid. Follower.

Waste of sperm...

confused I found his post funny, that is all.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by K.Diddy
confused I found his post funny, that is all.

I did too. But you, I find sad.

Stumble back to the off topic forum, where your stupidity and small mindedness are best served.

K.Diddy
I did too. But you, I find sad.

Stumble back to the off topic forum, where your stupidity and small mindedness are best served.

laughing out loud No worries

kisss See ya later

FeceMan
So why are there banners about swim teams in this thread?

botankus
The first sentence of the thread says this girl was on the swim team. That was before she took our advice and got knocked up by three guys last weekend.

BobbyD
Veronica, you'll probably be better off in the long run. Most teens are not capable of handling a relationship, emotionally.

KidRock
That makes no sense. I expect a little more thought out of your comebacks. If the chick grew a set of balls, and wanted to date men, then I can certainly give her the name of a few clubs where that attribute would come in handy.

laughing out loud Forget it, that one went over your head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.