another American kidnapped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie

debbiejo
Why was she kidnapped?

Darth Jello
The Christian Science Monitor is one of the best sources of news. By extension this means that Jill Carroll is one of the most talented journalists. I hope she is returned safely.

Morning_Glory
is this about the 28 yr old woman who was kidnapped... is she still alive??

I feel so bad for her sad

GCG
Originally posted by debbiejo
Why was she kidnapped?

Defanatly to make a statement.

Maybe for Money.

Eis
Actually, the kidnappers are asking for the US to release all female detainees. And if I'm not wrong the military is holding eight Iraqi women.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
The Christian Science Monitor is one of the best sources of news. By extension this means that Jill Carroll is one of the most talented journalists. I hope she is returned safely.
She was working freelance, the paper didn't send her there.

Tired Hiker
I wonder what will come of this. Right now on American news, it's 6:18am right now. No word on what has happened with his American woman who is being held by Arabs. My tv has been on all night cuz i was watching late night comedy shows. Now the news comes on and intrigues me, regarding this kidnapped girl. I hope she makes it out alive, but we make our own beds, y'know? erm

Syren
Hang on... I'm lost. Got a link?

soleran30
Yeah lets make Bush apologize for this to her loved ones as well......................................wait no no last time I heard regardless of USA's terrible acts we don't threaten to kill innocents nor run around doing the same holding other people accountable.

Yes I really do hope for the best for her it sucks and I am sure she is frightenedsad

PVS
Originally posted by soleran30
Yeah lets make Bush apologize for this to her loved ones as well......................................wait no no last time I heard regardless of USA's terrible acts we don't threaten to kill innocents nor run around doing the same holding other people accountable.

correction: we dont kill innocent americans.....yet

*cough*enemycombatants*cough*

soleran30
Well yeah know I agree PVS we are no saints. However I simply find acts like this dispicible and they serve a direct purpose and the middle east has been killing people like this for a LONG LONG time.

I really do hope we can do something to help this young woman out. Free the women we have as hostage if thats what it takes however with our policy of no negotiations with terrorists are at stake with that which is exactly what they are attempting to show.

Julie
But she does work for the Christian Science Monitor...and no, I haven't heard anything new. Though one of the articles did mention that the U.S. was planning on releasing 6 of the 8 female detainees

Julie
uh "enemy combatants" has nothing to do with "innocent"

I haven't heard anything new. that American girl - is 28 year old Jill Carroll if we're talking about the same incident, and I hope we are since a disparity would mean two Americans being held hostage. She does speak Arabic though, that should help in some regard

Eis
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I wonder what will come of this. Right now on American news, it's 6:18am right now. No word on what has happened with his American woman who is being held by Arabs. My tv has been on all night cuz i was watching late night comedy shows. Now the news comes on and intrigues me, regarding this kidnapped girl. I hope she makes it out alive, but we make our own beds, y'know? erm
There's a thread on Jill Carrol already.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t387726.html

Julie
uh okay, any new news???

BTW, the other thread didn't have my poem about her:-)

Uberking Robert
Originally posted by Darth Jello

The phrase "Christian science" is a severe oximoron.

Darth Jello
it has nothing to do with the religious movement, it was started by the lady who invented christian science but that's where the association ends

Bardock42
Originally posted by Julie
uh okay, any new news???

BTW, the other thread didn't have my poem about her:-)

Well you could have posted it in that other thread...right?

Anyways, I don't feel too much for people held hostage in those areas, I mean it is there fault to some extend.

And since american does also hold possibly innocent people as prisoners it is of course partly the fault of Bush's behaviour.

botankus
Yeah, everyone on death row is innocent...just ask them and they'll tell you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Yeah, everyone on death row is innocent...just ask them and they'll tell you.

Well everyone in death row at least had a trial and a lawyer (I wouldn't say a fair trial since that's probably not true).

tabby999
why isn't every aid worker and truck driver etc packing heat? they're the ones who get kidnapped all the time, shouldn't we arm them?

((The_Anomaly))
Its not something I like to hear, but in all honesty, its a War zone. When you go to a war zone then you have to be prepared to accept the consequences.

Although I think everyone in NA would like to see everyone in Iraq come back safely. But lets just say that my sympathy for Americans in Iraq isnt all that great.

Miss_Faye
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Its not something I like to hear, but in all honesty, its a War zone. When you go to a war zone then you have to be prepared to accept the consequences.

Although I think everyone in NA would like to see everyone in Iraq come back safely. But lets just say that my sympathy for Americans in Iraq isnt all that great.

Hm, someone that I can finally agree upon on this issue. Well said.

ladygrim
Originally posted by tabby999
why isn't every aid worker and truck driver etc packing heat? they're the ones who get kidnapped all the time, shouldn't we arm them?

i notice people only try and helop them taken hostage not them that havnet so why dont they help them to prevent been taken if get wot i mean

Eis
Update on Jill Carrol:

USA Today - New video of kidnapped journalist airs

debbiejo
What a situation to find yourself in.... no expression

botankus
When I saw it on the news, I first thought it was some Muslim chick but then I realized they just made her put the costume on.

Eis
In case anyone wonders what happened to her:

Jill Carroll reunites with family

Julie

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Congratulations, it really is a terrible poem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.