Everworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pope Mobile GXX
I've read the whole everworld series and I have to say it is awsome. The book came from K.A. Applegate the creator of animorfs(personally I don't like those books at all), the story is about a group of teenagers who somehow get sent to a world where all of the gods of myth have went in refuge. This world was crerated by the gods to their liking so that they didn't have to deal with the rules of the real world. their are all types of gods i control of different teritories(greek aztek, egyption, norse, and so on). What the group have to figure out is how to make it back home without dying while dealing with the truoble of a alchohol adicting guy and a guy who has fallen for a spell by a witch that came with them from the real world. It may sound a little bit stupid but it is one of the best series I've ever read(the series is mad up of an amazing 14 books). The books are small but I think you would all enjoy it

It is rated TEEN for some sexuel related themes, alchohol, and blood/gore (makes it even mre interesting)

You should read it, any local library should have it

Pope Mobile GXX
Just what I was expecting not anyone has read this series, well you just have to, though the books are short she has 14 in the series. just read them they are very captivating.

Pope Mobile GXX
Sry somehow I double posted

Shogun DXPSI
yea i've only read the first two books but it seems like a great series

Pope Mobile GXX
Ya and it only gets better, the sad part is that it has a bad ending.

Shogun DXPSI
lol that's the worst, i hate bad ending just kills the whole mood, but i love the concept

Pope Mobile GXX
Come on people, only one answer. This is a great series and your definitly missing out.

Movie_Geek_
I am reading it right now but I am not that far in. I got the first two books together in one.

Pope Mobile GXX
The only problem with the begining is because it's a bit confusing, with the dream thing. You'll find out later but it will make sense eventuelly.

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
The only problem with the begining is because it's a bit confusing, with the dream thing. You'll find out later but it will make sense eventuelly.

Good b/c I stopped reading it for awhile for that exact reason and I had a hard time picturing what was happening.

Pope Mobile GXX
Ya sorry I haven't replied in a while. Well it should make sense after you have finished through that part, nothing else should be confusing.

Pope Mobile GXX
Ok, I'm pullig this off of the dust shelf and trying to promote more readers, this is a great series and once you understand their dreams you just can't stop reading them.

Blair Wind
This is a really good series...and if your interested in mythology a good entertainer of sorts big grin

Though the ending sucks...and then she went on to make remnants...which is much more confusing if you ask me, and deffinetly not as interesting erm

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

amit gillen
Originally posted by Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)
hmm im not going to flame this guy, but i hope he stops back, because YOU LEFT TOO MUCH UNSAID! what era will it be in? will it be based on the books, or it;s own entity, WHEN in 07, where can i get info, are you jerkin my leg, ect.........

ahem. sorry, first post. anyway

im slightly confused. i was fairly certain that there are 12 everworld books....in fact, i just finished rereading volume XII entertain the end. also, i really enjoyed the remnants series and am still trying to find a place to buy it...

i was a little angry about the ending as well, not because it was sad, simply because it did not end. they were on the brink of the greatest war everworld had ever seen, finally starting to unite the gods. they had yet to contact the coo hatch or the archers they would hire, and thus had no hope of ever blasting away at ka anors happy fortress of death! also, what happenned to brigid? and looking for the great scroll thingee? the "software?" they seemed to forget about that immediately. also, the marriage between king baldwin and whatserface.......i suppose the reason im mad is that i cant get enough....i also cant help myself from feeling that all of the loose ends could be tied up in one highly entertaining "oblivion" style video game......

....fun rant, no?

masterkit
I just finished reading the first one and i really liked it so i cant wait to see if my library has the second. happy

masterkit
Now Im reading the second happy

masterkit
third

R.F.
Originally posted by amit gillen
hmm im not going to flame this guy, but i hope he stops back, because YOU LEFT TOO MUCH UNSAID! what era will it be in? will it be based on the books, or it;s own entity, WHEN in 07, where can i get info, are you jerkin my leg, ect.........

No, there's really going to be a DragonLance movie!Happy Dance I am unsure of the date, but I know it's going to have Keifer Sutherland as Raistlin and, I forget her name, but the lady from Xena is going to be in it too.
Yeah... I'm great with details... cool
It's going to be the first book, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and it will be animated.

Back on topic... I loved the Everworld series, but found the end lacking closure. I wanted to know what happened on Mount Olympus, and even a little bit about what happened on earth after the kids disappeared. In general, they were a great series, and I hope, (but highly doubt) that K. A. Applegate writes more of them.

masterkit
Im readin the fourth one now

masterkit

Some_Black_Guy
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
I've read the whole everworld series and I have to say it is awsome. The book came from K.A. Applegate the creator of animorfs(personally I don't like those books at all), the story is about a group of teenagers who somehow get sent to a world where all of the gods of myth have went in refuge. This world was crerated by the gods to their liking so that they didn't have to deal with the rules of the real world. their are all types of gods i control of different teritories(greek aztek, egyption, norse, and so on). What the group have to figure out is how to make it back home without dying while dealing with the truoble of a alchohol adicting guy and a guy who has fallen for a spell by a witch that came with them from the real world. It may sound a little bit stupid but it is one of the best series I've ever read(the series is mad up of an amazing 14 books). The books are small but I think you would all enjoy it

It is rated TEEN for some sexuel related themes, alchohol, and blood/gore (makes it even mre interesting)

You should read it, any local library should have it

I've read the series and I love it. It's like April explained, Everworld is like a quilt and each God has sewn their own ideas into Everworld. Kind of like how immigrants do when they come to the U.S. There's Little Haiti, Little Italy, Little China, etc. The books have a great deal of cultural and mythological information and K.A. Applegate puts a really great twist to the plots which I won't spoil for those of you who haven't read the series. Just read the books!

~Forever*Alone~
ive read it and for a while i devoutly searched for all the books and made sure they were in order, i also bought a set that came with a cd that had music on it and i liked the music embarrasment .

but then i got to the last book, and i could not find it ANYWHERE! to this day i am still searching....

masterkit
Ive Stopped readinga t 7 ive got kinda bored and need something else but ill eventually start again

diascap
i just re-read the Everworld series from start to finish. I was again amazed by applegates ability to start from scratch a world that hasn't been written about before and her development of rather blase characters into heart wrenching interpretations of the human condition. anyone who is looking for a short but action packed series will be more than pleased with it. And maybe I'm just weird but i was not confused at all by the dream reality/vs awake reality thing. Anyways, keeping this one for when i have kids someday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.