Bloodless killings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
Am I right in saying that the murders in Halloween 1 were all bloodless,as in we don't see any blood??

K.Diddy
Yes, I think so

Cinemaddiction
Negative.

Pandemoniac
I do believe there were some nasty stabbings, with various creative objects

cropsy_is_god
I was just thinking about that last night, Halloween as like almost no gore at all. I don't know why people call that film a classic or a scary film IMO it's neither.

Pandemoniac
That's because you are posting an opinion influenced by almost 30 years of cinema that came after Halloween. It might seem dull now, but when it first came out it definitely was a new and frighting angle in horror for the audience back then.
Nowadays we are drowning in horror, or atleast attempts on it. Back in 1976 this genre was not so exploited and Halloween was a very original and terrifying movie.
The definition 'classic' is not something earned by comparing it to the movies that came after, it's earned by being original and surprising in it's own age. And Halloween was all that; it took a new turn, focused fear on a whole new kind of killer and gave birth to the concept of slasher-movies.

cropsy_is_god
I know what your saying but even back in the late 70's how could anybody find that film 1 bit frightening. It might have been the 1st real slasher but it did nothing for any grown up i know who went to see it in the cinema. My mum & dad saw both Halloween and Friday the 13th in the cinema and both said Halloween was boring but Friday the 13th was terrifying. I think Halloween is utter shit i don't know 1 person child or grown up who found that film the least bit scary.

Gregory
Your mom and dad have no taste; I'm sorry, but there's no tactful way to say it. Who the hell could like Friday the 13th better than Halloween (well, other than you and them, obviously)?

Anyway, I thought Halloween was scary. Maybe I should add a disclaimer; I went until age twenty or so without ever seeing a horror movie (by personal preference, not parental decree), and Halloween was maybe the third one I saw--so I also missed the thirty years of slashers that Pandemoniac speaks of-- but it really was an excellent movie.

You know what other John Carpenter movie didn't have a lot of gore in it? The Fog. I liked that, too. Maybe we just have different priorities.

cropsy_is_god
Yeah i think we just like different types of horror. I love the maniac stalking the camp grounds type and ones with lots of gore. To me Halloween movies in general are boring my favourite is the curse which alot of people seem to hate. Im the type who needs gore and brutal murders in my films.

beta-wolf_101
You've grown up in a world where the boogyman has been replaced by real life attackers. During the time period of the movie, a man stabbing a group of teenagers to day was unheard of, but today real life murders have done worst things, so I'm not suprise you are not frighten of this movie. In the 1970's children still feared such things as the boogy man, and Micheal Myers was protrayed as a real life manifestion of such a nightmare, he was a faceless demon that haunted the youth of our society. And keep in mind that in the 50's and 60's, the main source of horror was creature flicks and people found those frighten in their time even if you find them laughable today. So respect a ground breaking films like Halloween and remember that someday that a person will look back on the horror movies that you found frightening and laugh.

cropsy_is_god
I don't actually respect any film and im not about to start.

papabeard
There is a little blood at the beginning when he stabs his sister.

Lack of gore is a result of censorship and film makers trying to get a lower certficate so they can make more money, they remove anything that would stop it getting a 12 certificate, so that more people can see it.

cropsy_is_god
I hate censorship, btw while were talking about Halloween has anyone seen the director's cut of the curse of Michael Myers ? ive been trying to get a copy of that film for a while now.

Myers Kicks Ass
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I hate censorship, btw while were talking about Halloween has anyone seen the director's cut of the curse of Michael Myers ? ive been trying to get a copy of that film for a while now.

i saw it, far better it gave it more depth

cropsy_is_god
Cool. I don't like Halloween films but i collect horror films so they've got to be in my collection. Im getting the producers cut off ebay.

Myers Kicks Ass
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Cool. I don't like Halloween films but i collect horror films so they've got to be in my collection. Im getting the producers cut off ebay.

if u dont like them dont get them i dont get movies i dont like unless theyre part of a franhise i like no point in wasting ure money if youre not going to watch it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.