Torrents?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
Yeah I know this is real bad, I usually buy my comics and try to support Alpha FLight much as I can. However, my shop can't get some issues and I'm dying to read issues #55, #74, #94 and many others. Do you know of a place that has Alpha FLight comic torrents?

Sorrysad
=========
Read some summaries of those issues, good lord EVEN I underestimated them.

Lucid Lui
I have a fair few digital AF comics... But not those three. =(

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I have a fair few digital AF comics... But not those three. =(

Which ones do you have? and where did you get yours?

Scoobless
shhh!..... don't tell him!

evil face

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Scoobless
shhh!..... don't tell him!

evil face

I may have just found a working torrent. SO HA! Now I can show Northstar beating Mr.Fantastic, Box phasing an entire base into his armor, Diamond Lil killing Spider-Man , Vindicator beating Doom, Talisman kills the Human Torch , Puck kills Wolverine and Colossus

http://www.alphaflight.net/issue_summaries/summary_v1_55.php

Be scared smile

King_Mungi
Oh baby just found a working torrentsmile

Taking forever to download, but oh the feats I will post. Such as Mac blocking telepathic manipulations after he learns the frequency. Sasquatch kicks Things ass, in a fight I didn't know they had smile , Box phasing into a spaceship, etc.

Yeah Alpha FLight smile

stormfront13
how do you use torrents? and where do you find them?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Sasquatch kicks Things ass, in a fight I didn't know they had smile , Box phasing into a spaceship, etc.

That was a robot Thing wasn't it?

King I have all 130 issue from volume 1. If you need AF scans let me know.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by stormfront13
how do you use torrents? and where do you find them?

You first need a program such as Bitcomet or eDonkey2000 and you go to such sites as http://torrentreactor.net/index.php and search for what you want. If you have questions just pm me, I just got home and I'm to tired to explain now.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
That was a robot Thing wasn't it?

King I have all 130 issue from volume 1. If you need AF scans let me know.

Yep . Still kicks his ass though big grin

Oh thanks, hopefully this torrent doesn't become inactive like the other one I was using. So hopefully I won't need help with the scans, but thanks for the offer though.

King_Mungi
Odd! I downloaded the file, but when I try to open the file it says "There are no image files to display", but it's like 12.5mb. I use the program CDisplay, and the files are currently in cbr format like the other comics I view. Do I need another program to view these ones?

Creshosk
Odd! I downloaded the file, but when I try to open the file it says "There are no image files to display", but it's like 12.5mb. I use the program CDisplay, and the files are currently in cbr format like the other comics I view. Do I need another program to view these ones? The entire torrent needs to finish downloading.

If nothing else rename the cbr file to zip and open it as normal.

I faced a similar problem with my Uncanny X-Men #244.cbr It wouldn't let me accessit in Cdisplay until the entire 2Gb file downloaded. . .

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Creshosk
The entire torrent needs to finish downloading.

If nothing else rename the cbr file to zip and open it as normal.

I faced a similar problem with my Uncanny X-Men #244.cbr It wouldn't let me accessit in Cdisplay until the entire 2Gb file downloaded. . .

It did finish downloading though.

It was originally a tar file, and I tried to rename the individual cbr comic files to zip but that didn't work.

Any other ideas? thanks for the help so far.

Scoobless
Any other ideas?

yeah.... buy the damn comics ya lousy thief

evil face

(or use online file sharing from someone you know who has them stored already ...... like from snoopdogg)

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah.... buy the damn comics ya lousy thief

evil face

(or use online file sharing from someone you know who has them stored already ...... like from snoopdogg)

Tried, I can't get half of the Alpha Flight issues from vol.1.

That's an idea, I will pm him. Any other ideas until I hear back from him?

Arahan
is teh file a cbr? if so use 7zip to unpack it. works fine

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Arahan
is teh file a cbr? if so use 7zip to unpack it. works fine

When I download the file it's in tar format, a variation of winzip. When I extract the files from the tar file the comics are in cbr format, but don't seem to show the images.

7zip? I have never heard of that. I will try it out, thanks.

Arahan
no problem.

7 Zip is a nice small freeware prog just search in google for it.

King_Mungi
Son of a *****! I tried 7zip and it still didn't work.

Arahan
hmmm where did you download the torrent,
so i can download it too. I will then try some tests.

King_Mungi
hmmm where did you download the torrent,
so i can download it too. I will then try some tests.

I was using BitComet and had a working torrent, but it became in active when it was 93.7% complete. I got it here,

1. http://torrents.to/search/346/alpha+flight.html

For this new torrent I was using a program called eDonkey2000 and it doesn't give you a torrent link. Just the file name which is "Alpha Flight Vol1 (Completo)(Crg)(Comicrel Ar).tar" and you can search for it with the program.

Arahan
Well if the file isnt complete then you cant unzip it properly. EDonkey sucks, I will never use this Share prog again, its so damn slow.

King_Mungi
Well if the file isnt complete then you cant unzip it properly. EDonkey sucks, I will never use this Share prog again, its so damn slow.

I never had a problem with unzip the bitcomet torrent, it's eDonkey that is giving me trouble and good lord yeah it's slow.

Milkie
Exactly how do you unzip a Torrent?

King_Mungi
Is it in a winzip form? Winrar is the program I used and worked perfectly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.