Silent Hill trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/silenthill.html;_ylt=AldGlicD3JR7TtfpOAPnOINfVXcA

I saw the trailer and thought it looked quite good and was suprised to see the woman who plays the borgue queen (in Star trek for those who don't know) in it. But anyway you can finally discuss silent hill and share you're thoughts and feelings on the up coming movie.

MildPossession
Better than a trailer I saw some time ago, been looking forwards to Silent Hill for a long time. Brotherhood of Wolf director is a thumbs up from me. Looks excellent.

jayy
Trailer looks good. I'll def check this one out.

cool

BackFire
Looks pretty neat, I'm very happy they included an Elementary School scene, which was, hands down, the best part of the whole game series. Also, it was neat to see they used the original music at the very end of the trailor. Hope it doesn't disapoint.

steverules
I can't wait to see it but I'm 15 and will most likely be an 18. sad Oh well I hope that when it does come out and you guys see it, you post spoilers saying what happens. I have to wonder if there will be a sequal.

MildPossession
I have only played part of the first game, so I only really have the film to go by and not comparing it to anything.

From the look of it, I think it will get at least a 15 certificate here in the UK.

steverules
Hooray, I will be 16 when it comes out, or at maybe still 15.

SaTsuJiN
I'm so happy its mostly content from the first game.. that was mah fave big grin

steverules
I can't wait to see all the blood and gore. I always found silent hill to be a bit strange but then I guess you're meant to. I thought it zombies but I guess it is a hell thing judging by the fact that it looks like she was going downstairs to find her daughter. And it was good to see that dude from James Bond in it (anyone know what the actors name is). But I can't wait to see it since I never really got to play any silent hill games but I did get to play demos and they were quite good.

Gregory
I still don't think they should have changed the heroes sex (what, because there weren't enough horror movies out there with female stars), but damn, that looks good.

dave_kodak
wow looks great, im a big fan of silent hill so i will be there

FG725
Originally posted by Gregory
I still don't think they should have changed the heroes sex (what, because there weren't enough horror movies out there with female stars), but damn, that looks good.
i only played the second one where your a guy and there was a dude in there who did they change? Oh and i only rented the second and got like to where pyramid head guy is in the sewer and you can get his sword do you kill him?

Gregory
In the first game, you play a man looking for his daughter. The movie looks to be taking the plot of the first game, but the main character is not a woman. And I don't think you should fight Pyramid Head in the sewer, but it's been a while since I've played that game.

FG725
oh okay but there is the man that is going to look for em in the trailer

Gregory
That's a new character; I'm not sure what role he'll play.

Wolfie
I didn't find the trailer very intriguing. erm

FG725
i really dont like that every zombie thing is CGI i want some people in costumes the CGI makes them look lame

steverules
Have you see the original 'dawn of the dead'? Talk about seeing green!

FG725
the original was disgusting i didnt watch much because it was so revolting

edwinian
whooaaaa. that trailer is pretty cool....anybody seen it in the theater? I feel like it would be REALLY good to see it on the big screen....

FG725
yeah saw it looked ok

el barto_1
the trailer rocks...however i have seen some very lame pictures to put it mildly. looks just like RE1 in the pictures

steverules
LOL, still it looks like a good movie with some scenes that will make y'all jump.

-hh-
i loved the trailer. hopefully it's just as entertaining as the video games

MildPossession
Looked like Resident Evil?

-hh-
Originally posted by MildPossession
Looked like Resident Evil? nothing like it

LizzyT123
Silent Hill should be SO MUCH different than Resident Evil. I've been playin Resident Evil since I was in second grade, but never played Silent Hill. My parents/brother thought it would be too bad for me or something like that. But, I really want to see Silent Hill. The CGI is pretty cheesy, but I still want to see it, from the pictures of the video games I've looked at.

allofyousuckkk
how old are u lizzy?

steverules
She's 14 I believe.

XxLuvMe4MexX
I love Silent Hill, the games are kick ass. Hopefully the movie should be just as good, if not better. shifty

steverules
Yeah hoepfully but sometimes games that are made into movies suck.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
how old are u lizzy?

I'm 14, and have been playing those Resident Evil games since I was in like....first grade! But I only tried renting Silent Hill once, and I was probably only 8 years old when I did try at the time.

LizzyT123
I don't know whats so important about my age though....I think I'm mature enough

Wolfie
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I don't know whats so important about my age though....I think I'm mature enough
I don't think he said it in a negative way, just asking out of curiosity. Back when I was in second grade, Super NES was a spectacle of graphics and sound!

steverules
I was asked for ID at the cinema when I was 14 and didn'f have any but still got in. The following night me and my youth group went to the same cinema and I had the same guy from the day before and I wanted to see another 15, I never got in and ended up seeing a kiddy movie.

papabeard

LizzyT123
Originally posted by steverules
I was asked for ID at the cinema when I was 14 and didn'f have any but still got in. The following night me and my youth group went to the same cinema and I had the same guy from the day before and I wanted to see another 15, I never got in and ended up seeing a kiddy movie.

uh.....what does this have to do with this thread? I don't quite get it....smile

spencerspider
This movie should be pretty good. I love the games

b-dan
ya i just saw the trialer like 3 days ago dosent look that bad the web site is messed up tho

Crimson Phoenix
Wow, from what I've been hearing, this movie's gonna be pretty disturbing. I've seen footages circuling aound of someone about to be flayed alive by pyrimid head.

About the CGI thing, I've heard that the director tried to use as little CGI as possible. Most of the monsters are actual actors. I gues CGI would be unavoidable in stuff like the world changing to otherworld.

MildPossession
There has been hardly any cgi effects used apparently. The monsters are make up and manual effects.

Deano
it wont be scarier than the game imobig grin

Crimson Phoenix
I found a 15 min featurette with behind the scenes stuff, new footage and interview with the cast. its pretty neat:

http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Set-Of-Silent-Hill

Deicide
they have this Silent Hill movie based in West Virginia. i thaught the game was based in Colorado somewhere. it just looks it. and its a woman in the movie who lost her daughter instead of Harry Mason. y not just have the character be Harry Mason?? ive only played the first game tho. its still a great game and a classic in my opinion.

Crimson Phoenix
Just saw the MTV sneek preview- i have to say, i'm even more exited about this:

http://media.putfile.com/MTV-Sneak-Peak--Silent-Hill

We finally get to see the janitor in full!

Morning_Glory
has anyone seen this movie this weekend-- i want to see it - hope its good

BackFire
I saw it, it was alright. Very nice visuals, the first hour was very faithful to the game, then I kinda fell apart towards the end.

Definately worth seeing.

RuthlessRufus

Gregory
Originally posted by RuthlessRufus
I'm a big fan of the game, but still haven't seen the movie, any good?

It has received mixed reviews. Go ahead and see it, I'd say.

RuthlessRufus
Still haven't seen the movie, but I picked up "The Silent Hill Experience" which is officially called an "interactive umd" not a "PSP thingy" smile Pretty cool. The comics are animated, which is neat and they have both of them on there. It's also got music from all four games, game trailers, the movie trailer, and interviews with Christopher Gans and Akira Yamaoka. It also has the "fukuoku" video and a couple of others that I can't remember the name of right now. Good stuff for fans of the series. It's kind of like having all the extras on the movie DVD way before the DVD comes out.

deathbycorn
I haven't seen it yet but I like how it's set in the middle of nowhere like Children of the Corn. In a 'Ghost' Town.

hily
I loved it, however I was enthralled with both saw and saw II so I was bound to like it to begin with.

There are mixed reviews about it. Some game fans claim it is not true enough to the movie and causal goers claim it is hard to follow.
As far as being true to the game I have only recently bought Silent Hill the game and plan to play all four since seeing the movie. However, I have a friend who knows a lot about the game and thought it was great. (His review can be found at: rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?p=8468352#post8468352 ) For the casual movie goer you have to be prepared to follow the plotline, while not as complicated as movies like 21 grams it is still somthing you have be conscience enough through the gore to understand.

jinzin
Originally posted by hily
I loved it, however I was enthralled with both saw and saw II so I was bound to like it to begin with.

There are mixed reviews about it. Some game fans claim it is not true enough to the movie and causal goers claim it is hard to follow.
As far as being true to the game I have only recently bought Silent Hill the game and plan to play all four since seeing the movie. However, I have a friend who knows a lot about the game and thought it was great. (His review can be found at: rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?p=8468352#post8468352 ) For the casual movie goer you have to be prepared to follow the plotline, while not as complicated as movies like 21 grams it is still somthing you have be conscience enough through the gore to understand.

so did you follow through the ending? I mean were the cop and the mom already dead from the car crash? but if they were what happened to their bodies? if not where did the mom end up in the end of the movie? damn.. so confused.. and I did pay attention... sad

hily
well first, its a cliffhanger your supposed to always wonder maybe they'll make another movie and resolve it
However, I believe that Cybil (the cop) was dead from the crash the mentioning of how she cracked her head pretty hard, the positioning of the motorcycle on the side of the road and her being burned by the people in purgatory ensure to me that shes dead and gone
As for Rose and Sharon it is possible that they died in the car crash but i think they are merely stuck in purgatory. They had been led to slient hill to become pawns of alyessa's personally created hell so i think after all the people in the church were finally "punished for their sins" the purgatory of silent hill opened up and now rose and sharon are simply stuck in the purgatory the coexists with their world.
I believe in the game the main charcter did die in the car crash thou.

jinzin
well first, its a cliffhanger your supposed to always wonder maybe they'll make another movie and resolve it

I understand that it's cliffhanger.. however, it being a cliffhanger doesn't change the fact that it was confusing as all hell...

However, I believe that Cybil (the cop) was dead from the crash the mentioning of how she cracked her head pretty hard, the positioning of the motorcycle on the side of the road and her being burned by the people in purgatory ensure to me that shes dead and gone
As for Rose and Sharon it is possible that they died in the car crash but i think they are merely stuck in purgatory. They had been led to slient hill to become pawns of alyessa's personally created hell so i think after all the people in the church were finally "punished for their sins" the purgatory of silent hill opened up and now rose and sharon are simply stuck in the purgatory the coexists with their world.
I believe in the game the main charcter did die in the car crash thou. then I must simply ask again.. where are the bodies?

hily
rose and sharon stuck in another dimension = no bodies

as for the dead (cybil and the other option of rose and sharon being dead):
option a: when they died they died after they crossed into purgatory and thus their bodies are in a different dimension
option b: since the purgatory and hell is composed of bodies and characters long dead in the real world you "lose" the bodies to that "time"

i dunno the only significance i see in the bodies is leaving and open end for them to make a silent hill 2

The whole idea of leavin the ending sooooo unresolved makes it match right up with the rest of the film i think it would ruin it horribly if they had left rose and sharon back to the real world and life ended happily ever after or u know "oh no theres the bodies, oh so the whole movie was pretty pointless in real life"

jinzin
rose and sharon stuck in another dimension = no bodies

as for the dead (cybil and the other option of rose and sharon being dead):
option a: when they died they died after they crossed into purgatory and thus their bodies are in a different dimension
option b: since the purgatory and hell is composed of bodies and characters long dead in the real world you "lose" the bodies to that "time"

i dunno the only significance i see in the bodies is leaving and open end for them to make a silent hill 2

The whole idea of leavin the ending sooooo unresolved makes it match right up with the rest of the film i think it would ruin it horribly if they had left rose and sharon back to the real world and life ended happily ever after or u know "oh no theres the bodies, oh so the whole movie was pretty pointless in real life" but if they are dead then it is pretty pointless in real life.. confused... meh all I'm saying is this movie was confusing as hell, it hap potential but it was squandered..

hily
remember rose's husband smelled her in the school? so they find bodies and then when she tries to interact with him in purgatroy hes not gonna even think twice about it however no bodies and hes gonna always wonder when he feels a faint brush against his skin or smells her at random times.

i dunno i just dont see it as all that confusing prolly gonna go see it again sometime this weekend

sexyking
It was a really good film to be honest i went in the cinemas not expecting much but i was really impressed with the film and there are definately moments that stand out, e.g, flesh ripping that was just bizzare. All in all this film should be given a chance.

hily
Originally posted by sexyking
It was a really good film to be honest i went in the cinemas not expecting much but i was really impressed with the film and there are definately moments that stand out, e.g, flesh ripping that was just bizzare. All in all this film should be given a chance.

yeah!

LizzyT123
I really wanted to see more of the Pyramid Head guy or whatever. Isn't he the final boss in the actual games anyways?

systemshock2
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I really wanted to see more of the Pyramid Head guy or whatever. Isn't he the final boss in the actual games anyways?

Yeah me too. Pyramid Head was just onscreen long enough to leave me wanting so much more. But at least in those two scenes of his, not a single frame is wasted. I still hate what happened to the cute redhead since I have a thing for redheads lol. I'm not sure about the him in the games though. A friend told me that he was only in the second game, and even then only came out a few times. He told me that at one point there were two of them at the same time.

hily
I wonder if that was a gltich or if it was supposed to happen, cuz i know sometimes games do stuff like that if you do things the right way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.