Ancient Mods of greek mythology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Raz and Wife are

Zeus + Hera - The Admin of Kmc and ruler of the Mods of Mount Olympus. He displaced his father and assumed the leadership of the Mods of Olympus. Zeus was considered the father of the Mods and of mortals. He did not create either gods or mortals; he was their father in the sense of being the protector and ruler both of the Olympian family and of the human race. His weapon was a thunderbolt. His breastplate was the aegis, his bird the eagle, his tree the oak. He was married to Hera but, is famous for his many affairs, which resulted in many known children and probably many more that were not known to be his. Athena was his favorite child. He bore her alone from his head. One of the greatest feasts for Zeus was the Olympic games. They were taking place every four years in Olympia. Even if there was a war between the city-states of Greece they were stopping the war to take part on that games.
Hera's marriage was founded in strife with Zeus and continued in strife. Writers represented Hera as constantly being jealous of Zeus's various amorous affairs. She punished her rivals and their children, among both goddesses and mortals, with implacable fury. The peacock (the symbol of pride; her wagon was pulled by peacocks) and the cow (she was also known as Bopis, meaning "cow-eyed", which was later translated as "with big eyes"wink were her sacred animals. Her favorite city was Argos.

Ushgarak is

Poseidon - Mod of the sea . His weapon was a trident, which could shake the earth, and shatter any object. He was second only to Zeus in power amongst the gods. Under the ocean, he had a marvelous golden palace. Poseidon was the husband of Amphitrite, one of the Nereids, by whom he had a son, Triton. Poseidon had numerous other love affairs. At one point he desired Demeter. To put him off Demeter asked him to make the most beautiful animal that the world had ever seen. To impress her Poseidon created the first horse. In some accounts his first attempts were unsucessful and created a varity of other animals

Backfire is

Ares - Mod of war. He was very aggressive. He was unpopular with both Mods and humans. Ares was not invincible, even against mortals. He personified the brutal nature of war. He was immortal but whenever he would get hurt he would run back to his father, Zeus and was healed. Ares was mainly worshipped in Thracia.

Paola is

Athena - or Pallas-Athene, is one of the most important Moddesses in Greek mythology. Moddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill. Athena sprang full-grown and armoured from the forehead of the god Zeus and was his favourite child. She was fierce and brave in battle but, only fights to protect the state and home from outside enemies. She was the goddess of the city, handicrafts, and agriculture. She invented the bridle, which permitted man to tame horses, the trumpet, the flute, the pot, the rake, the plow, the yoke, the ship, and the chariot. Her attributes in iconography include the aegis (a fringed cloak, sometimes decorated with a Gorgon's head), the helmet, and the spear.

Storm is

Gaea - She was the mother and wife of Father Heaven, Uranus. They were the parents of the first creatures, the Titans, the Cyclopes, and the Giants - the Hecatoncheires (Hundred - Headed Ones). Uranus hated the monsters, and, even though they were his children, locked them in a secret place in the earth. Gaea was enraged at this favoritism and persuaded their son Cronos to overthrow his father. He emasculated Uranus, and from his blood Gaea brought forth the Giants, and the three avenging goddesses the Erinyes. Her last and most terrifying offspring was Typhon, a 100-headed monster, who, although conquered by the god Zeus, was believed to spew forth the molten lava flows of Mount Etna.

lil bitchiness is

Aphrodite - The Moddess of love and beauty. Aphrodite loved and was loved by many gods and mortals. Among her mortal lovers, the most famous was perhaps Adonis. Some of her sons are Eros, Anteros, Hymenaios and Aeneas (with her Trojan lover Anchises). Perhaps the most famous legend about Aphrodite concerns the cause of the Trojan War. She was the wife of Hephaestus. The myrtle was her tree. The dove, the swan, and the sparrow were her birds.

WrathfulDwarf is

Hades - He was made lord of the underworld, ruling over the dead. He is a greedy god who is greatly concerned with increasing his subjects. Those whose calling increase the number of dead were seen favorably by him. He was also the god of wealth, due to the precious metals mined from the earth. His wife was Persephone whom Hades abducted.
The underworld itself was often called Hades. It was divided into two regions: Erebus, where the dead pass as soon as they die, and Tartarus, the deeper region, where the Titans had been imprisoned. It was a dim and unhappy place, inhabited by vague forms and shadows and guarded by Cerberus, the three-headed, dragon-tailed dog. Sinister rivers separated the underworld from the world above, and the aged boatman Charon ferried the souls of the dead across these waters.

Fire- Is hercules because he was once a Mod but now just a demi Mod

Which Mod will get to Mount Olympus next ?

lil bitchiness
Yey!! Aphrodite!

Nice, I lover it happy

Ushgarak
I created the first whores? No wonder BF likes me.

Cyber Ninja
laughing out loud that might be the case

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Ushgarak

So, uh...can you hook me up there Poseiden? I have this bachelor party for my friend coming up, and....well...yanno... big grin

Paola
eek! Athena!!

nice... I'm a goddess... I knew you would realize sooner or later shifty

mechmoggy
Come on then, someone appoint me a lame comedy greek god. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
laughing out loud excellent....but who am I?

Cyber Ninja
I am doing the other mods in 10 minutes. Right now those are just the Higher(global) ones

Bloigen
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Come on then, someone appoint me a lame comedy greek god. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Janitor -

He was the janitor until his pants were too tight and he exploded.

mechmoggy
Originally posted by Bloigen
The Janitor -

He was the janitor until his pants were too tight and he exploded.

Hmmm, was he a character in "The Odyssey"?

Cyber Ninja
mechmoggy is

Hermes - Hermes' main role was as a messenger. As the special servant and courier of Zeus, Hermes had winged sandals and a winged hat and bore a golden caduceus, or magic wand, entwined with snakes and surmounted by wings. He conducted the souls of the dead to the underworld and was believed to possess magical powers over sleep and dreams. Five minutes after he was born, he stole a herd of cows from Apollo. He invented the lyre from a cow's internal fibers. After Apollo learned what happened, he knew that his half-brother should he one of the pantheon. Hermes was the patron of trickster and thieves because of his actions early in life. His attributes in iconography include the kerykeion (messenger's staff), winged boots, and petassos (cap).

Lana is

Persephone - Persephone was the Queen of the Underworld and the daughter of Demeter. Persephone is the Moddess of the underworld in Greek mythology. She is the daughter of Zeus and Demeter, goddess of the harvest. Persephone was such a beautiful girl that everyone loved her, even Hades wanted her for himself. Although Zeus gave his consent, Demeter was unwilling. Hades, therefore, seized the maiden as she was gathering flowers and carried her off to his realm. Persephone was a personification of the revival of nature in spring. Her attributes in iconography can include a torch, a crown, a sceptre, and stalks of grain.

Captain Rex is

Apollo - Apollo was primarily a Mod of prophecy. He sometimes gave the gift of prophecy to mortals whom he loved, such as the Trojan princess Cassandra. As a prophet and magician, he is the patron of medicine and healing. He was a gifted musician, who delighted the gods with his performance on the lyre. He was also a master archer and a fleet-footed athlete, credited with having been the first victor in the Olympic games. His twin sister was Artemis. He was famous for his oracle at Delphi. People traveled to it from all over the Greek world to divine the future. He was also the god of agriculture and cattle, and of light and truth.

Cyber Ninja
DarkWizard is

Prometheus - Prometheus was the wisest Titan, known as the friend and benefactor of humanity.He stole the sacred fire from Zeus and the gods. He also tricked the gods so that they should get the worst parts of any animal sacrificed to them, and human beings the best. Zeus commanded that Prometheus be chained for eternity in the Caucasus. There, an eagle would eat at his liver and each day, the liver would be renewed. So the punishment was endless, until Heracles finally killed the bird.

Bloigen
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Hmmm, was he a character in "The Odyssey"?

yes

Lana
I'm Persephone? Cool happy

xyz jedi
WrathfulDwarf is Hades? He wouldn't like that.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by xyz jedi
WrathfulDwarf is Hades? He wouldn't like that. It was that or Ares but I was sorta going in order on the Global mods list..sorta.

Lana
So I'm WD's wife? I just noticed that laughing

Cyber Ninja
Maybe shifty

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
It was that or Ares but I was sorta going in order on the Global mods list..sorta. But WD is the troll slayer.

Slay
Who's Artemis?

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by xyz jedi
But WD is the troll slayer. No God for troll slayers.

Hades takes care of all the trolls in the underworld so no one will mess with WD.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Slay
Who's Artemis?

Also known as Diana (sometimes Hecate). She was godess of the hunt. She was also notorious for being a virgin and disdaining all males. The Hecate incarnation also represented the moon. Twin of Apollo if I'm not mistaken. She was always my favorite goddess for some reason. I don't think any Mod is Artemis yet though.

Slay
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Also known as Diana (sometimes Hecate). She was godess of the hunt. She was also notorious for being a virgin and disdaining all males. The Hecate incarnation also represented the moon. Twin of Apollo if I'm not mistaken. She was always my favorite goddess for some reason. I don't think any Mod is Artemis yet though. What I meant whas,which of the mods is Artemis stick out tongue

Lana
I thought I'd be Artemis....though I suppose I'm a bit too flirty for the 'disdaining all males' bit laughing out loud

But Persephone's cool big grin

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Hahahaha! The truth is revealed.

Cyber Ninja
You are a sick man shock

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Lana
So I'm WD's wife? I just noticed that laughing

I love your new Deunan avy and siggy. love

Cyber Ninja
Awww

WrathfulDwarf
Don't be fooled by my charms and politeness....I can become very evil. Muhahahaha!!!!! evil face

Lana
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I love your new Deunan avy and siggy. love

Why thank you happy flirt1

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Don't be fooled by my charms and politeness....I can become very evil. Muhahahaha!!!!! evil face

laughing out loud Yes your politeness was clearly a cover up of your evil way s shifty

DarkWizard
DarkWizard is

Prometheus - Prometheus was the wisest Titan, known as the friend and benefactor of humanity.He stole the sacred fire from Zeus and the gods. He also tricked the gods so that they should get the worst parts of any animal sacrificed to them, and human beings the best. Zeus commanded that Prometheus be chained for eternity in the Caucasus. There, an eagle would eat at his liver and each day, the liver would be renewed. So the punishment was endless, until Heracles finally killed the bird.

Despite the fact that I got my Liver eaten out, I'm still the wisest wink

WrathfulDwarf
laughing out loud Yes your politeness was clearly a cover up of your evil way s shifty

Actually, I can't be evil in front of the wife. She doesn't like it. embarrasment

And I better take out the trash or else she'll hit me with pan fryer in the head.

Oh! The tortures of marriage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.