What if Marvel & DC merged?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Caught an article about Marvel's history; seems they tried to buy DC Comics in the late 1970's, before they were ultimately sold to Warner Communications, where they still are.
We could speculate as to what comics would look like now if it happened then; but what if it happened now? How would you like to see all these characters come together? One earth, or two? If two, closely linked or not? Great companies have been merging since the 1980's, so it's not inconceviable this might happen one day.

Jose123
It would suck. stories would get shittier

Writers and the other big leaders of the company would stop trying to actually work for your money because there's no competition.

But if it happened. Keep them separated with the occasional crossover and switching of villains or heroes.

roughrider
Some would argue creators have gotten lazy anyway. evil face
I think I would want two seperate Earths, tied together by a thin line.

Knightfall93
I reckon the Marvel writers are BS anyway... they should only mix for like a ULTIMATE INFINITE CRISIS

aton_ra
one word.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!

NoFate007
I would love to see that...HOWEVER...this is how I'd like it to be done...

DC and Marvel merge. There is a comic that is the official "merge comic". Make it so there are 2 universes - DC Universe and Marvel Universe, and what is in between them is a very thin dimensional barrier. DC and Marvel can interract with each other, but they ultimately decide that it would be a good idea for DC and Marvel heroes to remain on their respective sides in order to protect both worlds. Now, this means we basically have what we have now (minus the crisis) but we also have the ability to transfer characters over. That means if Dr. Doom gets the tech, he could go over to DC's world and wreak havoc, or Darkseid could try to destroy the X-Men or whatever.

venomslash
they would lose some bucks big time. not alot of people would keep on buying books.

Arahan
Merging not good, bad thing whohhhaaa

ScarletSpider
Look what happened when Marvel bought up Malibu/Ultraverse. Just doesn't work. DC got lucky with Wildstorm, but even that hasn't worked like I think they wanted it to.

roughrider
DC has a history of takeovers. Before Wildstorm, look how they closed down Fawcett publishing, and brought the Capatin Marvel family in ( keeping them on the shelf for a long time, I might add.) Then they bought the Charlton heroes and brought them in - Blue Beetle, Question, Captain Atom and others. They originally gave them their own universes, but the original crisis brought them all into the sphere of Earth-1.

eleveninches
I think it was DC that published some of marvel's first stories before they became a company in their own reight

OB1-adobe
What if DC, Marvel, Darkhorse, and Image came together

roughrider
Originally posted by eleveninches
I think it was DC that published some of marvel's first stories before they became a company in their own reight

Whirly posted an article about that - something about Marvel using the printing house owned by DC, for the first several years.

roughrider
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
What if DC, Marvel, Darkhorse, and Image came together

CRISIS WITH INFINITE PUBLISHERS! stick out tongue

Jose123
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I reckon the Marvel writers are BS anyway... they should only mix for like a ULTIMATE INFINITE CRISIS

Ultimate writers are marvel writers.
because they work at marvel and other marvel projects and books besides the ultimate line.

Then there's the whole thing where the ultimate line is part of the marvel company.......

willRules
Originally posted by roughrider
CRISIS WITH INFINITE PUBLISHERS! stick out tongue

laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
Artists and writers would be in caught in trap with no escape. Only other options would be Image or Dark Horse. Not good for the industry. Besides I'd rather eat crow than to see the Batman titles with the Marvel logo on them. It just wouldn't be the same. thumb down

NoFate007
I don't think that they could keep the Marvel or DC logo specifically. I think if they merged successfully they would give it a new name. Or hell if they did my idea they could just call it DC MARVEL COMICS. Lol.

SnakeEyes
If they merged then either:

A) everything would suck horrendously.

OR

B) everything would be brilliant.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by NoFate007
I don't think that they could keep the Marvel or DC logo specifically. I think if they merged successfully they would give it a new name. Or hell if they did my idea they could just call it DC MARVEL COMICS. Lol.

Or we could go with Detective Marvel Comics. wink

Knightfall93
Det. Marvel? LOL. Batman wouldn't be nearly as bad ass. But Marvel can have bloody Big Blue for free if ya ask me!

Jose123
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Det. Marvel? LOL. Batman wouldn't be nearly as bad ass. But Marvel can have bloody Big Blue for free if ya ask me!

Your right he wouldn't have opponents job to him so much. In fact i reckon he would get his ass kicked more often.Spider-man and DD and Wolverine,Cap being the prime ass kickers of bats if they ever merged. And marvel really doesn't need supse.

There are enough superman arch types floatin around out there.

NoFate007
I think, on the contrary, that Batman would be even better. Everyone would end up getting a power upgrade I'd say, including tons of Marvel characters. Spider-Man for instance would be able to hold his own against some good DC people.

Imagine some of the awesome things they could do. Like, picture all the "big guns" like uh...Doomsday, Rhino, Juggernaut, Thing, Colossus, etc all in a huge freakin War & Peace battle lol

Jose123
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think, on the contrary, that Batman would be even better. Everyone would end up getting a power upgrade I'd say, including tons of Marvel characters. Spider-Man for instance would be able to hold his own against some good DC people.

Imagine some of the awesome things they could do. Like, picture all the "big guns" like uh...Doomsday, Rhino, Juggernaut, Thing, Colossus, etc all in a huge freakin War & Peace battle lol

Well it really depends who buys who. If Dc is the one buying the yeah maybe they will get an upgrade.

If it is Marvel Then I think it would be the other way around. With DC people either being depowerd or end up being the people who job to make the marvel side look better.

Knightfall93
Exactly and I reckon Marvel would scorn the sensation thet is Batman and not get his brilliance...

Quick Freeze
actually the amalgam logo was pretty tight
and on the ALL ACCESS and UNLIMITED ACCESS covers itd be a marvel logo in one corner and DC in the other so if they did merge they'd prolly have a completely hyphenated name like Marvel Comics-DC Comics inc or something.

i agree with what wrathful dwarf said, i also like his sig. however i really enjoyed Dematties's batman/spider-mans and would love it if it was made into an actual series. but as cool as some stuff would be it's not worth what it would do to comics as a whole.

the relationship between marvel and dc and the other companies is pretty solid right now, competaters though constanly working together and sharing resources.

roughrider
Thank you, Black Adam.

streekz
if they merged i think it wud have some great story lines to begin with but it wud cause unwanted problems, if the whole thing merged then there would be too many characters so u wud see sum killed off or quit has bein a hero, villian or anti-hero. they shud keep them apart as they are now and do the crossover story lines but move sum characters over from each other, that wud spice things up.

cud u image wot they cud do......................
u wud see ironman creatin new battle suit for batman
wolverine and lobo team comic book
dr doom wud probably try n kill lex luthor wiv superman savin him
laughing
aquaman fightin namor every week unless they teamed up
joker wud join wiv green goblin against spiderman
u wudnt be able to keep up wiv them
wacko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.