Magneto vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Femi32
Magneto vs. Darkseid

PIS, CIS, jobbing, or SvFL are not included for either character. They fight on an abandoned planet similar to earth. Who wins?

id369
Darkseid

TheKahn
Darkseid easily 10/10

snoopdogg
Magneto is not in the same league as Darkseid.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/DarkseidandMagneto.jpg

Femi32
Couldn't Magneto block DS's omega beams with his shield. I heard Phoenix, Galactus, Beta Ray Bill and Rogue couldn't break it?

What comic is that anyway?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Femi32
Couldn't Magneto block DS's omega beams with his shield. I heard Phoenix, Galactus, Beta Ray Bill and Rogue couldn't break it?

What comic is that anyway?

doh

snoopdogg

What comic is that anyway? Well according to demigawd Mags can block anyting with his shield.

The comic I scanned is one of the Access crossover.

Femi32
Originally posted by TheKahn
doh

I'm just asking.

TheKahn
I'm just asking.

Its ok. I was just messing with you wink

DrDoom101
darkseid wins because magneto cannot breath in another planet

Femi32
Originally posted by DrDoom101
darkseid wins because magneto cannot breath in another planet

The planet is the same as earth.

TheKahn
The planet is the same as earth.

Read this and you'll see why nobody's giving Magneto a shot in hell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid#Powers_and_abilities

Rewmac
magneto at fullpotential could win

Femi32
I never knew DS could create life and travel through time. eek!

Ryonslaught
Darkseid wins, hands down!

Mider
not even full potential Mags could win i think what would he do?

demigawd
Darkseid wins. The Omega effect are basically a deus ex machina of energy attacks...if anything could negate Magneto's forcefield, it would be that. There's no underlying science behind it...it just...erases stuff.

Additionally, as opposed to Superman, who has a readily exploitable weakness for Magneto to take advantage of, Darkseid doesn't have much Magneto can work with. Does he have metal in his body? Does he bleed? Does that blood have iron in it? Does he have electrical impulses? A nervous system? Unknown.

Magneto is a finesse character. Though typically underrated because it lacks flash, it's a good skill because it allows him to beat opponents with greater brute strength and raw power (like Superman), but it fails against people who don't have anything he can take advantage of (like Darkseid).

xmarksthespot

What comic is that anyway? All fear the might of Rogue... fear

Mider
im sure that the Oans shields are just as strong or stronger anyway darkseid can break those cant he why not mags?

leonidas
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well according to demigawd Mags can block anyting with his shield.

The comic I scanned is one of the Access crossover.

actually, demi already admitted mags couldn't beat darkseid . . . jawdrop

leonidas
Originally posted by demigawd
Darkseid wins. The Omega effect are basically a deus ex machina of energy attacks...if anything could negate Magneto's forcefield, it would be that. There's no underlying science behind it...it just...erases stuff.

Additionally, as opposed to Superman, who has a readily exploitable weakness for Magneto to take advantage of, Darkseid doesn't have much Magneto can work with. Does he have metal in his body? Does he bleed? Does that blood have iron in it? Does he have electrical impulses? A nervous system? Unknown.

Magneto is a finesse character. Though typically underrated because it lacks flash, it's a good skill because it allows him to beat opponents with greater brute strength and raw power (like Superman), but it fails against people who don't have anything he can take advantage of (like Darkseid).

oh, and look -- there he is!

Lord S
Couldn't Magneto block DS's omega beams with his shield. I heard Phoenix, Galactus, Beta Ray Bill and Rogue couldn't break it? Magneto never blocked a direct blow from Galactus...it was only psychic feedback. Cyclops has blasted through his forcefield, and Thor has drained it with Mjolnir.

Magneto probably could block the Omega Beams...for a while, but not the Omega Effect.

Juntai
Originally posted by Lord S
Magneto never blocked a direct blow from Galactus...it was only psychic feedback. Cyclops has blasted through his forcefield, and Thor has drained it with Mjolnir.

Magneto probably could block the Omega Beams...for a while, but not the Omega Effect. Cyclops blasted through it?
Have issue, or scan?

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Cyclops blasted through it?
Have issue, or scan?

now that i'd LOVE to see . . .

demi'd have a coniption . . .

kevdude
Darkseid wins,

Femi32
Magneto never blocked a direct blow from Galactus...it was only psychic feedback. Cyclops has blasted through his forcefield, and Thor has drained it with Mjolnir.

Magneto probably could block the Omega Beams...for a while, but not the Omega Effect.

eek! You're joking mad There was a Magneto vs. Superman debate and it all depended on whether Superman could go through the forcefield or not. We'll have to see a scan, otherwise, Magneto has a shield with an unknown limit.

snoopdogg
I thought nothing could get through the shield.

Rewmac
for example he grabs darseid and throws him into a blachole (magneto can create black holes) or just grabs him ithink darkseis has iron in his blood a rips him to shreds or uses his telekinetik powers which are beyond prof x

Femi32
Originally posted by Rewmac
for example he grabs darseid and throws him into a blachole (magneto can create black holes) or just grabs him ithink darkseis has iron in his blood a rips him to shreds or uses his telekinetik powers which are beyond prof x

Darkseid can teleport.

Private Pion
Darkseid is the primal force of evil who draws his power from the god wave. Last I checked, he draws the majority of it. A single attack from him devastated Godwave Ares, who had the power of many, many gods.

Magneto may be a god among men-Darkseid is a god among gods.

spideycarnage
Darkseid can teleport.

i thought he couldent anymore?

Superherovandal
yes it reflects back using electrons. But Darkseid's OE is directly from the Source. It has no science behind it. Not affected by the four forces of nature: electromagnetic, gravity, strong force,weak force.

Draco69
Darkseid has recently just obtained the Anti-Life Equation (his lifelong ambition) in the Mister Miracle miniseries. This makes him more powerful than ever.

Private Pion
Really? Which version of the ALE is it? The 'control any mind' or the 'ultimate control of the forces of science' one? Or something else?

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
Darkseid has recently just obtained the Anti-Life Equation (his lifelong ambition) in the Mister Miracle miniseries. This makes him more powerful than ever. He sure did. And now all the New Gods are retards and bums.

Superherovandal
is that in continuity? cause if it is woo hooo! finally he's getting his mojo back.

Superherovandal
what happened to DS?

Draco69
Originally posted by Private Pion
Really? Which version of the ALE is it? The 'control any mind' or the 'ultimate control of the forces of science' one? Or something else?

I think a bit of both. He made the New Gods homeless people and he destroyed the Fourth World.

Juntai
Originally posted by Superherovandal
is that in continuity? cause if it is woo hooo! finally he's getting his mojo back. Yes, its continuity.

Draco69
Yes, its continuity.

Thank God....

How did he get free of the Source Wall though?

Private Pion
Brilliant. My favorite villian is getting back on track, rather than being fodder for the 'Superman beat him, so he sucks now' crowd. Oyy.

Juntai
It says that the series will "Redifine their purpose in the DCU" of all of Seven Soldier's series.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=4726

Tron
Thank God....

Mr. T pitied the Source Wall, so it let Darkseid go. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
Thank God....

Superman was forced to free him in Superman/Batman.

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
Superman was forced to free him in Superman/Batman.

Did Darkseid bitchslap Superman for being an overconfident dick? Please say yes....

Sixth_Winged
I kinda like the respect Mags is getting on this board. That being said, he has no business against the likes of Darkseid and would most definitely lose.

unless of course it's jobberseid.

JS: you have no right to challenge me master of magnetism. Go home lest i erase you from existence.
Mags: big words granite face. i would see to it that tyrants like you would get their well deserved punishment. Prepare yourself
JS: then you leave me no choice. Now suffer against the might of the omega effect on full power wipeout

*shoots at mags*
*nothing happens*

JS: what happened? what did you do?
Mags: apparently, you didn't know that the nature of your omega effect, i can control and dissipate it, it's a part of the EM spectrum and i could simulate one as such. Prepare to be wiped out.
JS: Oh crap!! chair

Lord S
Cyclops blasted through it?
Have issue, or scan? X-Men #1.
eek! You're joking mad There was a Magneto vs. Superman debate and it all depended on whether Superman could go through the forcefield or not. We'll have to see a scan, otherwise, Magneto has a shield with an unknown limit. Unknown limit? Surely you jest...you do know it was pounded on, weakened, and drained away by Mjolnir, right?

Femi32
X-Men #1.
Unknown limit? Surely you jest...you do know it was pounded on, weakened, and drained away by Mjolnir, right?

Supes doesn't have Mjolnir. How is Supes going to get through it? And when did X-men #1 come out?

Sixth_Winged
X-Men #1.
Unknown limit? Surely you jest...you do know it was pounded on, weakened, and drained away by Mjolnir, right?

thor didn't manage to pound right through it nor even manage to even slightly break the shield. Only reason it was breached cause his mjolnir has the ability to absorb the magnetic field around Mag's body effectively shutting of his power.

and btw, what X-men #1 is that. The original first issue or the adjectiveless modern?

Mider
what comic is that were darkseid smacks magneto?

Lord S
Supes doesn't have Mjolnir. How is Supes going to get through it? And when did X-men #1 come out? Am I even talking about Supes? Way to stay on topic! rolleyes1
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
thor didn't manage to pound right through it nor even manage to even slightly break the shield. Only reason it was breached cause his mjolnir has the ability to absorb the magnetic field around Mag's body effectively shutting of his power.

and btw, what X-men #1 is that. The original first issue or the adjectiveless modern? Very good...I didn't say he pounded through, or broke it...but he did weaken it...according to Magneto's own thought patterns. Let me paraphrase..."one or two more blows and my forcefield will be gone", or something.

X-Men #1 from 1963...or whenever it started.
Originally posted by Mider
what comic is that were darkseid smacks magneto? Unlimited Access #4.

Pepito
I'd say Magneto - he usually fares much better against the stronger enemies than the weaker and has been given a big power boost recently.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Pepito
I'd say Magneto - he usually fares much better against the stronger enemies than the weaker and has been given a big power boost recently. Power boost recently? I think you are mistaken. He currently does not have any powers.

Pepito
That's in the Ultimate Arc- in the latest 'normal' x-men, he can among other things, induce black holes, convert molecules and take a hit from Juggernaut.I am not referring to the guy with a sun for a head.

The Ion
No, current Magneto is at least assumed to be completely powerless.

outavodka
christ i need to keep up with ult.xmen

Private Pion
I need to keep up with Marvel in any way. I think I read about that, something to do with House of M?

Juntai
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream4bo.jpg
Magneto has no chance.
Fear Darkseid.

UniOmni
Why should he???!

Superman doesn't........

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Power boost recently? I think you are mistaken. He currently does not have any powers.

What happened to them?

Cosmic Cube
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream4bo.jpg
Magneto has no chance.
Fear Darkseid.

Darkseid is one ugly SOB. Powerful, but ugly.

demigawd
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
What happened to them?

"NO MORE MUTANTS!"

Now Magneto's wandering around the desert trying to pick up spoon....

sad

Mider
what comic is that from were he's talking to the lords of chaos and order?

Marcus4600
Magneto has one shot. Anyone read Planet X? Someone should know besides me how he could beat Darkseid.

Mider
planet x aisnt canon but please explain.

Marcus4600
^ Yes it is, and I'm not explaining it. Quan Yin Xorn and Magneto's powers are identical. How would he stop Darkseid?

Tron
Originally posted by UniOmni
Why should he???!

Superman doesn't........

Superman should, and with Johns writing Superman soon, you can bet he will again.

The Ion
Originally posted by Tron
Superman should, and with Johns writing Superman soon, you can bet he will again.
Yes plus it was Morrison who gave DS the ALE in Seven Soldiers and Morrison is now an editor at DC. Happy Dance

Pepito
I doubt he can block omega effect but he can probably reflect it (its a wave) - besides Magneto can strike first (Darkseid definitely has some from of em in his body)

h1a8
Originally posted by Rewmac
magneto at fullpotential could win

how?

Powers and abilities (quoted from D.C.)
"In addition to the considerable military forces at his command, Darkseid himself is quite formidable. His main power is the Omega Beam or Omega Effect, which is fired from his eyes. The Omega Effect is not only a powerful attack, but can teleport the target anywhere Darkseid chooses, erase the target from existence instantly and can then restore the target if he chooses. The Omega Effect is not limited to traveling in straight lines, able to bend or twist as needed. It can traverse time and different universes, and go through some barriers such as Orion's body.

Darkseid also possesses strength, speed, and stamina rivalling that of Superman. He has overpowered the demon Etrigan, and Lobo hurt his hand by punching Darkseid's face.

Darkseid has the ability to transmute matter. He turned Ol-Vir, a Daxamite, into dust, soap into dirt, and Slo-bo into a statue. He can teleport. He also has mind control greater than that of Sleez. According to Orion, he can travel through time as easily as any god. He can create life, as he did when he created Stayne."

h1a8
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I kinda like the respect Mags is getting on this board. That being said, he has no business against the likes of Darkseid and would most definitely lose.

unless of course it's jobberseid.

JS: you have no right to challenge me master of magnetism. Go home lest i erase you from existence.
Mags: big words granite face. i would see to it that tyrants like you would get their well deserved punishment. Prepare yourself
JS: then you leave me no choice. Now suffer against the might of the omega effect on full power wipeout

*shoots at mags*
*nothing happens*

JS: what happened? what did you do?
Mags: apparently, you didn't know that the nature of your omega effect, i can control and dissipate it, it's a part of the EM spectrum and i could simulate one as such. Prepare to be wiped out.
JS: Oh crap!! chair
that is bullcrap
first, the omega beams are not made of electromagnetic energy. Even if they were, they can still transverse time and space. Meaning that they can travel in a different dimension and reappear inside the enemy and strike them from inside and hence erasing them from existence.

Mider
there is no science behind the omega beams so magneto cant use his powers on them since there science restricted and thats real mature marcus not telling us how he can win and i dont think planet x is canon thats what is said around here that its not if it was people would believe me when i say galactus can beat the celestials since in planet x or universe x he killed a celestial just using a gun and he only uses his tech when he doesnt wanna waist his time using the power cosmic.

demigawd
Planet X is canon (not to be confused with Earth X)....but it's not Magneto.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't know if someone already asked, but why doesn't Darkseid just erase Superman?

Mider
cause superman is protected by the source same reason i think why the spectre couldnt erase darkseid permanatly

GalacticStorm
What comic is that DS scan from?

Mider
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
What comic is that DS scan from?

yeah i wanna know too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.