Anyone else with Spellchecker problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
Raz has requested that I start this thread for those who (like me) have been having problems with thier spell checker. So if you do please post here and Raz will try to sort out your problems.

Raz
GMG, could you also post any error messages you get?

Hit_and_Miss
I have probs! It will say I got so many errors... Then I get to correct 1 mistake and then it doesn't come back..

Syren
Originally posted by Raz
could you also post any error messages you get?

Hit_and_Miss
there is no error message... nothing happens once I click ok to change the word....

Raz
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
It will say I got so many errors... Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
there is no error message... I'm confused.

Lana
I think he means it'll say he's got spelling errors; not that it'll give him error messages.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ Thats the one... Sorry bout that...

KENobi™
/\/\ Thats the one... Sorry bout that...

Once you click the new word it doesn't change in the preview field, but it does change in the message field. Click a new word to get suggestions for it...once done, Preview the message again to see that there are no longer any mistakes.

Hit_and_Miss
Oh..... So I can't use the quick post spell checker!

sad woe is me... gonner have to go about using the long posttin way!

Perhaps theres a problem with my megahurtz... Maybe some hacker has stolenned them!

Raz
What browser and version are you using? Anybody on similar software having problem?

I've tested the spellchecker on IE6 and Firefox, and works for me.

Lana
I never use the spellchecker *shrugs*

Hit_and_Miss
IE v6 somethin or other...

and please... don't say.."use firefox..."

KENobi™
IE v6 somethin or other...

and please... don't say.."use firefox..."

Firefox is better in all aspects. wink

Bloigen

Lana
firefox

Hit_and_Miss
you don't fix a problem by avoiding it....

I know firefox is better... But its not an option right now....

KENobi™
you don't fix a problem by avoiding it....

I know firefox is better... But its not an option right now....

Not saying to avoid it.

You're going to have to explain the problem again. I am confused as to what you mean.

What page does it happen on, what exactly happens, etc...

Raz
Can someone in IE please check to see if they are having the same problem?

Last time I checked it was all good.

KENobi™
I haven't had ANY spellchecker problems except for the fact that the little pop up window doesn't pop up where the word is, but higher up in the page, which can be trouble some with a very large post such as a fan fiction.

Grand Moff Gav
It seems Ken's correct!

The first speeling error is corected then the orange correction box appears at the top of the page.

GCG
In other words, you have to scroll up the page in order to view the second word suggestions' orange box.

Raz
Originally posted by GCG
In other words, you have to scroll up the page in order to view the second word suggestions' orange box. I will get that fixed.

Grand Moff Gav
Horah!

Raz
...now fixed and improved!

Grand Moff Gav
Is it

...Merlin mutt HHS Doha degum ague...

YUP!

Grand Moff Gav
I was experiencing more problems earlier, lets see if its still there...

hurts goitre gouty plait eve serif's ah-fey Addy FDR Jehu Trenna DJ deaf ttyruhg ahgdgeb

Hmmmm this time each time i corrects a mistake when it reapeers it has moved down. As you can see I wasn't able to finish correcting my errors as it had reached the bottom of the page!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.