How Many People Have Actually Reached Nirvana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
im serious, how many people if any, have been KNOWN to reach nirvana, or have been seen in history to reach it?

debbiejo
I don't think non here........ laughing out loud

leonheartmm
lol. im almost sure of that, but i meant is there ANY1 who has ever been positively{that is within the inevitable human doubt} know to reach nirvana. n no bs stories or legends, im talkin about facts.

Bardock42
Kurt Cobain I believe.......nah, that one sucks...have another one....at least Pearl Jam...yeah, much better.

whobdamandog
Well as far as I can tell..the Dalai Lama, Adam Poe, Shaky..I believe that's just about it.

When you get to Nirvana..you start to realize absolute truths. Truths such as why 2 + 2 is not really = to 4..and why Buddhism does not qualify as a religion.

You also get to wear cool shades, become friends with Richard Gere, stick gerbils up your butt, and have the the word "holiness" placed in front of your name each time its used in a publication.

Echuu
Originally posted by whobdamandog
When you get to Nirvana..you start to realize absolute truths. Truths such as why 2 + 2 is not really = to 4..and why Buddhism does not qualify as a religion.

You also get to wear cool shades, become friends with Richard Gere, stick gerbils up your butt, and have the the word "holiness" placed in front of your name each time its used in a publication.

laughing out loud

leonheartmm
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Well as far as I can tell..the Dalai Lama, Adam Poe, Shaky..I believe that's just about it.

lol, the dalai lama himself said that he hadnt reached nirvana, n buddhism is better than most relegions out there, specially crap like christianity, islam etc.

Mišt
I reached Nirvana.....took me a bit of a stretch....had to get past the other cd's on the shelf....but I got there in the end smile

Nevermind
Nirvana doesn't necessarily have to refer to the definition most common to that of the Hindu or Buddhists. Nirvana can simply be a state a person has reach when he/she is at the pinnacle of happiness or contentment. That state could be when that person is love for example. I personally think Nirvana doesn't have to be reach through years of mediation.

Koala MeatPie
Following Buddist tradditions, my professor, Dr... Whats her Name who the rael's banned her frm there meetings..

Anyways, Tehre have been "Offically" 8 People Who have reached Nirvana, Living in today's world Today.

debbiejo
After a few drinks I've reached it before... stick out tongue

overlord
Duh.. Only Budha is said to have reached nirwana, don't count on any more if the dalai lama never even reached it and he is supposed to be constantly reincarnating.

So as far as my knowledge goes, just one. laughing
Who even cares!

Mindship
Originally posted by debbiejo
After a few drinks I've reached it before... stick out tongue

hoover
dancedancedance
dancedancedance
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by leonheartmm
lol, the dalai lama himself said that he hadnt reached nirvana, n buddhism is better than most relegions out there, specially crap like christianity, islam etc.

Islam is not crap! mad Christianty is but not Islam.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
Islam is not crap! mad Christianty is but not Islam.

lmao! im a former muslim, my whole family n country is strictly muslim, i know more about islam than u possibly could, islam is CRAP, so is christianity n most if not all other relegions.

debbiejo
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
Islam is not crap! mad Christianty is but not Islam. Yeah right......It's a religion isn't it. It causes strife and undue persecution...It's crap.

leonheartmm
um, no pun intended but how many people believe that a great orgasm{with ur soulmate} is as close to nirvana as one can get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.