Batman Begins.........Horrible "reinvention".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Returns
well, last night i watched BB again......for the last time. i absolutly hated this version of Batman, it was BORING. i cant
believe nolan made batman boring. i HATED gotham city in this one, it looked so boring and stiff, no atmosphere, no
character, no nothin. nolan could have at least added a little atmosphere, but all we got was a spiderman-looking city wich was
also boring as hell. there were also MANY instances while watrching BB where i kept thinking to myself "RIPOFF." i saw
blatantly obvious ripoffs from both spiderman and the previous batman films. bales "im Batman" totally sucked, it just did, for so many reasons. the buildup to the scene was horrible, we already know who this guy is and why hes batman how he got the suit and all that, so do ppl really expect to be "wowed" by this scene? i sure wasnt, there was no real suspense! no mystery to batman! why no mystery nolan, WHY!? ass. this is something Burton got right but i dont think anyone will ever get the mystrey right, burtons style was perfect for Batman.
correction actually, bales bATMAN totally sucked. that voice he made just screams "poser" and just sounded goofy and wrong. batman doesnt have
to scream to his enemies and look like a goof in that tight-ass cowl.

which brings up another thing that annoyed the piss off outta me, the
costume totally sucked. i HATED bales bat suit, it looked more like a well put together halloween costume, not the bAT suit. the creases were ever-so-noticable, more then any other batsuit made, and they made the suit look horrible and fake.
it looked all "robo-cop" and the cape looked like a BLANKET, not batwings. batman looks now like one of those kids who run around the house with a blanket and goggles on, LOL! just wrong. this isnt the comics, this is a MOVIE where ppl are
gonna have to take you seriously and really think your a Bat man, not a guy in suit. boy was ras right when he said "your
just a man in a cape", i had to laugh out loud at that one, cuz thats EXACTLY what he looked like. Keatons suit (and Batman) was
awsome with the oval and tall sinister ears, hell, even kilmers panther suit had more awsomeness (minus the nipples) then bales piece of trash boring badly done costume. his bat ears were imperceptible and just tiny little things, NOT bat ears i know from comics. they looked stupid. and why couldnt i see the imfamous bat-symbol? cuz it WASNT THERE. what an idiot who designed this suit, if you cant see the symbol, why bother? thats one of the best parts of the suit! and they ruined it! and
all that jazz about how "bale can turn his head!" was total BS. he didnt. it was the same design as previous cowls pretty much. how utterly stupid of them to lie to us.

next thing i hated, the
batmobile. what did they do to it??! it totally sucked, this is NOT the BATmobile, this is a friggin stupid looking montster
truck. Batman would never use this unless he was a crazy old coot, via DKR, not a "young" batman, which i also dont agree with all these "younger" super heros nowadays. why would nolan even bother
adding the batmobile in his supposed "new fresh take" on the character? he did it because the studio and everyone in the
world WANTS the batmobile, not that it was needed. as a year one story, he shouldnt have even added it in, and he shouldnt
have anyways if I knew he would be putting a TANK in here, NOT the batmobile ive come to know and love. and everyone talking about how "it can really
do that sh**!" and "oh man look at it total that cop car! COOL". it really was pathetic. i didnt like how it "jumped roofs", it
just looked totally stupid since we are made to believe this whole "realistic" BS through most of the movie, it just threw
it off balance. that brings up another issue, how did he NOT kill the cops??? that will forever annoy me. ppl complain that
joker killing bruces parents was stupid (which to me, it wasnt, it only added), but batman NOT killing those cops in the cars was EXTREMLY
stupid on the directors part. what an idiot!

bale also was totally not right for the role. everything from his lisp, to his
"stiff keanu reeves" wooden acting, to his "bright and cheerful" to "stiff and emotionless" bruce wayne was wrong. and
batman is supposed to be phycotic in a way, so why is bales batman/bruce wayne all "normal" most of the time, acting like all
this is nothing!? oh loddy da! i dress up like a bat at night and in the morning im totally HAPPY and gleeful to see ive made
an impression on the world! oo boy! theatricaity is cool! bale was such a moron, he was playin that whole "peter parker" thing from spiderman, but
bruce wayne ISNT a happy teen with superpowers, hes a scarred emotionally fu**ed up grown man whos a bit on the phycotic
side! this annoyed me. bale was not brooding almost at all, and his "highlander ripoff" fight with liam was i guess supposed
to showcase his "anger" but totally failed to make us feel ANYthing except "man, when does batman come in? this guy is boring
me!".

another thing that totally bugged me is "NO originality". this film looked like a ripoff of so many of these crappy
modern day comic book films and bladerunner (which was stupid cuz blade runner LOOKED cool and interesting and had that fantasy look while BB looked boring and stupid and Chicago ). im talkin spiderman, xmen, hulk, it just looked too much like them, and that was a bummer, since i hate these modern day comic book films. BUT i
expected a BATMAN movie to have some sort of originality, what with the dark craziness of the character(s) and the villians, and
the city itself was always a character and always looked awsome in some way like in the burton films and was never recognizable and dark, so why did BB basically make a "spiderman" version of gotham city and Batman? nolan and goyer totally blow.

the villians were pretty much throw-away pieces of trash that i would have been better if they got more screen time, but instead we got more "
ditzy-blonde bruce wayne" doing stupid annoying sh** in pools (not even alot of Batman like i thought!). NOT funny everyone! i could have
done without bale bein a total idiot in front of everyone to "throw them off the trail" of his bein batman. he didnt have to do
that sh**, it made bale look dorky in a "peter parker" sorta way, NOT the bruce i know from the comics or the original film.
an older man playing bruce wayne would have been better, so that he could rightfully be called bat MAN, not young batman.
year one story didnt have to be made into a movie, and the origin of batman totally blew. i never found it interesting, and i
DEFINELTY didnt want it to be made into a movie. it wasnt even a GOOD adaptation of THAT. oh brother. caines alfred was
alright, but goughs was the best. caines alfred came off as a total prick in this one, and i cant wait till a new, better alfred
comes in after nolans through with his sh** movies.

goyer's script TOTALLY blows. whats with corny ass lines like "i seek the means to fight
injustice" or "gotham isnt beyond saveing" or "i GOT to get one of THOSE" or "its what i DOOOO that defines me!" or "does it
come in black?" or "what does it look like......nevermind" or "nice coat!" (THAT line totally made the sh** hit the fan for
me how horrible!). the batman villians are the most interesting villians in all of comic books, and with burton we got to
see the villians as well as batman and see how each of them affected the other and got good amounts of screen time. with BB,
the villians are scrapped and MADE BORING. how is it possible to make a batman villian boring as heck? i guess theres a first
time for everything (sadly). and whats with katie holmes bein in here? how wrong is that? she should have gotten killed, she
was playin on the "MJ" BS just like bale was playin the "parker" BS. they had no chemistry and holmes should have just stayed
at that Creek, not in movies.

Batman Returns
(continued)

and why wasnt batman a supernatural type creature of the night? he was a boring "karate POW"
flyin like superman el dorko! why did he look like he was flyin through the air? that looked SO STUPID! im not talkin with the
"glider cape" (wich was also really dumb, idea sucked) im talkin with the grapple gun. it looked fake and incredibly stupid considering
batman is NOT SUPERMAN. and why did nolan add in a Q-typ character like stupid lucious who "just so happens" to have all the
gadgets he needs as batman? that was lame. bruce isnt supposed to be bond, he makes his own stuff. instead we get lucious ass who just goes up to random stuff and is like "oooo lookee here! a grapple gun and a
tank-thing! i guess you'll be neededing these when you go out to fight crime!". that was WAY too stupid for even MY
imagination to contrive. even a little kid could write a better way to get his gadgets then goyer can.

the parents death scene sucked as well. it was so cliche and wasnt effective emotionally or powerfully. it was just badly done scene, it was too quick and just plain BORING once again. the one in B89 totally got it right, this was just a horribly done remake of that scene that is in no way as creepy and powerful as the B89 one. a disgrace to the batman stories, what a horrible death scene. could have been SO much better, but nolan sucks so what do you expect.

that constant "fear, fear, FEAR!!!" notion was crammed in your face like a horrible B horror movie, and came off dorky and pretty corny and cliche.
the "i shall become a bat" moment was underplayed, and totally sucked, i expected it to be much more grand. the CG bats looked fake as hell in almost all the
scenes they were in. the bats in Batman Returns looked more real then this turd of a movie. flass wasnt the way he was in the
comic it was being based off of, he looked like a hobo, gordon was an annoying prick who had little to no role in the film (him driveing the batmobile was a SIN, WHY??! how stupid!), scarecrow, one of my
favorite villians from BTAS and the comics, was butchered, and watanabe, the COOL ras (who should have been the real ras) was
wasted. horrible.

the fight scenes and editing sucked. nuff said. this topic has been talked about constantly, im pretty sure the majority of the world has said al;ready how bad the fights were. hollywood, quick cut fighting sucks!!! stop it already! at least in burtons films you could see the fights, they looked 100% better then this begins trash. ugh.

God i cant believe how much i hated this film, so today i went to FYE and traded in my copy of Batman
Begins for a few bucks, it was just too bad to even have in my collection. nolan, you totally disapointed me and made a
horrible batman. you make us feel like we're stupid to like any other version and that yours is "far superior". anybody who
says burtons films suck have no respect for the character, as those were brilliant batman films, and films in general. you my
friend nolan, are wrong. first 2 batman films were the best (even BF was better then this junk), they made a lot of doe, were
extremly successful and now i see why. BB was just a horribe "re-envisioning" of batman and i really hated it, just as i hate the "new" willy wonka remake compared to the original. i cant wait
till another director comes and does a batman that was more like the original 2, more fantasy-like and NOT BORING. that day better come soon. i go to movies to escape into another wold, especially a Batman film. thats NOT what i got with this film. i want my money back.

thnk you for listening.

atharpina
You idiot.

willRules
Originally posted by Batman Returns
well, last night i watched BB again......for the last time. i absolutly hated this version of Batman, it was BORING. i cant
believe nolan made batman boring. i HATED gotham city in this one, it looked so boring and stiff, no atmosphere, no
character, no nothin. nolan could have at least added a little atmosphere, but all we got was a spiderman-looking city wich was
also boring as hell. there were also MANY instances while watrching BB where i kept thinking to myself "RIPOFF." i saw
blatantly obvious ripoffs from both spiderman and the previous batman films. bales "im Batman" totally sucked, it just did, for so many reasons. the buildup to the scene was horrible, we already know who this guy is and why hes batman how he got the suit and all that, so do ppl really expect to be "wowed" by this scene? i sure wasnt, there was no real suspense! no mystery to batman! why no mystery nolan, WHY!? ass.
correction actually, bales bATMAN totally sucked. that voice he made just screams "poser" and just sounded goofy and wrong. batman doesnt have

costume totally sucked. i HATED bales bat suit, it looked more like a well put together halloween costume, not the bAT suit. the creases were ever-so-noticable, more then any other batsuit made, and they made the suit look horrible and fake.
it looked all "robo-cop" and the cape looked like a BLANKET, not batwings. batman looks now like one of those kids who run around the house with a blanket and goggles on, LOL! just wrong. this isnt the comics, this is a MOVIE where ppl are
gonna have to take you seriously and really think your a Bat man, not a guy in suit. boy was ras right when he said "your
just a man in a cape", i had to laugh out loud at that one, cuz thats EXACTLY what he looked like. Keatons suit (and Batman) was
awsome with the oval and tall sinister ears, hell, even kilmers panther suit had more awsomeness (minus the nipples) then bales piece of trash boring badly done costume. his bat ears were imperceptible and just tiny little things, NOT bat ears i know from comics. they looked stupid. and why couldnt i see the imfamous bat-symbol? cuz it WASNT THERE. what an idiot who designed this suit, if you cant see the symbol, why bother? thats one of the best parts of the suit! and they ruined it! and
all that jazz about how "bale can turn his head!" was total BS. he didnt. it was the same design as previous cowls pretty much. how utterly stupid of them to lie to us.

next thing i hated, the
batmobile. what did they do to it??! it totally sucked, this is NOT the BATmobile, this is a friggin stupid looking montster
truck. Batman would never use this unless he was a crazy old coot, via DKR, not a "young" batman, which i also dont agree with all these "younger" super heros nowadays. why would nolan even bother
adding the batmobile in his supposed "new fresh take" on the character? he did it because the studio and everyone in the
world WANTS the batmobile, not that it was needed. as a year one story, he shouldnt have even added it in, and he shouldnt
have anyways if I knew he would be putting a TANK in here, NOT the batmobile ive come to know and love. and everyone talking about how "it can really
do that sh**!" and "oh man look at it total that cop car! COOL". it really was pathetic. i didnt like how it "jumped roofs", it
just looked totally stupid since we are made to believe this whole "realistic" BS through most of the movie, it just threw
it off balance. that brings up another issue, how did he NOT kill the cops??? that will forever annoy me. ppl complain that
joker killing bruces parents was stupid (which to me, it wasnt, it only added), but batman NOT killing those cops in the cars was EXTREMLY

"stiff keanu reeves" wooden acting, to his "bright and cheerful" to "stiff and emotionless" bruce wayne was wrong. and
batman is supposed to be phycotic in a way, so why is bales batman/bruce wayne all "normal" most of the time, acting like all
this is nothing!? oh loddy da! i dress up like a bat at night and in the morning im totally HAPPY and gleeful to see ive made
an impression on the world! oo boy! theatricaity is cool! bale was such a moron, he was playin that whole "peter parker" thing from spiderman, but
bruce wayne ISNT a happy teen with superpowers, hes a scarred emotionally fu**ed up grown man whos a bit on the phycotic
side! this annoyed me. bale was not brooding almost at all, and his "highlander ripoff" fight with liam was i guess supposed
to showcase his "anger" but totally failed to make us feel ANYthing except "man, when does batman come in? this guy is boring
me!".

another thing that totally bugged me is "NO originality". this film looked like a ripoff of so many of these crappy
modern day comic book films and bladerunner (which was stupid cuz blade runner LOOKED cool and interesting and had that fantasy look while BB looked boring and stupid and Chicago ). im talkin spiderman, xmen, hulk, it just looked too much like them, and that was a bummer, since i hate these modern day comic book films. BUT i
expected a BATMAN movie to have some sort of originality, what with the dark craziness of the character(s) and the villians, and
the city itself was always a character and always looked awsome in some way like in the burton films and was never recognizable and dark, so why did BB basically make a "spiderman" version of gotham city and Batman? nolan and goyer totally blow.

the villians were pretty much throw-away pieces of trash that i would have been better if they got more screen time, but instead we got more "
ditzy-blonde bruce wayne" doing stupid annoying sh** in pools (not even alot of Batman like i thought!). NOT funny everyone! i could have
done without bale bein a total idiot in front of everyone to "throw them off the trail" of his bein batman. he didnt have to do
that sh**, it made bale look dorky in a "peter parker" sorta way, NOT the bruce i know from the comics or the original film.
an older man playing bruce wayne would have been better, so that he could rightfully be called bat MAN, not young batman.
year one story didnt have to be made into a movie, and the origin of batman totally blew. i never found it interesting, and i
DEFINELTY didnt want it to be made into a movie. it wasnt even a GOOD adaptation of THAT. oh brother. caines alfred was
alright, but goughs was the best. caines alfred came off as a total prick in this one, and i cant wait till a new, better alfred

goyer's script TOTALLY blows. whats with corny ass lines like "i seek the means to fight
injustice" or "gotham isnt beyond saveing" or "i GOT to get one of THOSE" or "its what i DOOOO that defines me!" or "does it
come in black?" or "what does it look like......nevermind" or "nice coat!" (THAT line totally made the sh** hit the fan for
me how horrible!). the batman villians are the most interesting villians in all of comic books, and with burton we got to
see the villians as well as batman and see how each of them affected the other and got good amounts of screen time. with BB,
the villians are scrapped and MADE BORING. how is it possible to make a batman villian boring as heck? i guess theres a first
time for everything (sadly). and whats with katie holmes bein in here? how wrong is that? she should have gotten killed, she
was playin on the "MJ" BS just like bale was playin the "parker" BS. they had no chemistry and holmes should have just stayed

and why wasnt batman a supernatural type creature of the night? he was a boring "karate POW"
flyin like superman el dorko! why did he look like he was flyin through the air? that looked SO STUPID! im not talkin with the
"glider cape" (wich was also really dumb, idea sucked) im talkin with the grapple gun. it looked fake and incredibly stupid considering
batman is NOT SUPERMAN. and why did nolan add in a Q-typ character like stupid lucious who "just so happens" to have all the
gadgets he needs as batman? that was lame. bruce isnt supposed to be bond, he makes his own stuff. instead we get lucious ass who just goes up to random stuff and is like "oooo lookee here! a grapple gun and a
tank-thing! i guess you'll be neededing these when you go out to fight crime!". that was WAY too stupid for even MY
imagination to contrive. even a little kid could write a better way to get his gadgets then goyer can.

the parents death scene sucked as well. it was so cliche and wasnt effective emotionally or powerfully. it was just badly done scene, it was too quick and just plain BORING once again. the one in B89 totally got it right, this was just a horribly done remake of that scene that is in no way as creepy and powerful as the B89 one. a disgrace to the batman stories, what a horrible death scene. could have been SO much better, but nolan sucks so what do you expect.

that constant "fear, fear, FEAR!!!" notion was crammed in your face like a horrible B horror movie, and came off dorky and pretty corny and cliche.
the "i shall become a bat" moment was underplayed, and totally sucked, i expected it to be much more grand. the CG bats looked fake as hell in almost all the
scenes they were in.

thnk you for listening.

laughing

well I liked it. All that moaning, just so I could say that. laughing out loud

Batman Returns
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

well I liked it. All that moaning, just so I could say that. laughing out loud

glad you liked it. i didnt. cool

Doc Ock
Batman Begins was awesome.

Rafkins_Warning
Amen, Batman Returns... amen!

I think I agree with every single thing you said in that very long and opinionated thread! The movie was greatly boring, Scarecrow was butched and a tank? WHY!

It's good to see someone else who actually has taste!

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning

I think I agree with every single thing you said in that very long and opinionated thread! The movie was greatly boring, Scarecrow was butched and a tank? WHY!

lol, thanks. glad to see someone with some good taste too. big grin

Cascador
I have my love for the first two batman films...but batman begins isn't as horrible as you decribe it...it's a new beginning, different style...some people just can't stand the change and the how other people are critisizing the first two films who were indeed masterpieces. And I understand that is totally wrong what those people do...But I wouldn't react it off on the new batman film.

Red Superfly
*reads post*

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Great Wall of Text! Apparently written by Mojo Jojo :/

Seriously, its an adaptation. You win some, you lose some. There will always be someone to cry about something they didn't like. They changed this, they ruined that, I didn't like the way Batmans hair was 2 inches shorter than in the comics.

It was successful in depicting why he became Batman, why villains do what they do, and why he does what he does. That was the point, and it did it well.

Take some prozak before you blow a gasket, Jesus Christ.

braz
(continued)

scenes they were in. the bats in Batman Returns looked more real then this turd of a movie. flass wasnt the way he was in the
comic it was being based off of, he looked like a hobo, gordon was an annoying prick who had little to no role in the film (him driveing the batmobile was a SIN, WHY??! how stupid!), scarecrow, one of my
favorite villians from BTAS and the comics, was butchered, and watanabe, the COOL ras (who should have been the real ras) was
wasted. horrible.

the fight scenes and editing sucked. nuff said. this topic has been talked about constantly, im pretty sure the majority of the world has said al;ready how bad the fights were. hollywood, quick cut fighting sucks!!! stop it already! at least in burtons films you could see the fights, they looked 100% better then this begins trash. ugh.

God i cant believe how much i hated this film, so today i went to FYE and traded in my copy of Batman
Begins for a few bucks, it was just too bad to even have in my collection. nolan, you totally disapointed me and made a
horrible batman. you make us feel like we're stupid to like any other version and that yours is "far superior". anybody who
says burtons films suck have no respect for the character, as those were brilliant batman films, and films in general. you my
friend nolan, are wrong. first 2 batman films were the best (even BF was better then this junk), they made a lot of doe, were
extremly successful and now i see why. BB was just a horribe "re-envisioning" of batman and i really hated it, just as i hate the "new" willy wonka remake compared to the original. i cant wait
till another director comes and does a batman that was more like the original 2, more fantasy-like and NOT BORING. that day better come soon. i go to movies to escape into another wold, especially a Batman film. thats NOT what i got with this film. i want my money back.

thnk you for listening.

eeh, well......i enjoyed it..in fact, i thought it was phenomenal in the way it made it all believable with the whole background of bruce's life and him going to the mountains to have ninja training cool i though that was cool...and the thing i really liked about this batman movie was that it didnt seem like ur stereotypical batman movie where u pop in the moviie and hes fighting crime and all these questions come to mind like, how did he get all this stuff and make it? the batcave, the batmobile, the batsuit, why is he batman!?!...Begins answered all of that...it was to strike fear into the hearts of criminals..the first two tim burton films didnt say ne of that shyt..u just pop the tape in and there's keatons fatass beatin up a couple of criminals after he gets shot after 1 shot!! eek! from a handgun which holds 9 rounds (and for some reason he didnt shoot again) and batman slowly stands up and beats them up as they just stood there, completely still...see, i can be critical too.....i thought batman begins was phenomenal, the batsuit(which i thought was the best part of the movie, freaking amazing!!), the batmobile, (made batman seem like even more of a monster), the story, the emotion which omg was so gripping i cried in it actually..i thought it was great and it sounds like to me u got too much to ***** about ... laughing .but oh well, its just ur opinion and u have a right to state ur mind like every1 else, and im not gunna knock u for that..

Silverstein
Tim Burton is a moron when it comes to batman.

braz
Originally posted by Red Superfly
*reads post*

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Great Wall of Text! Apparently written by Mojo Jojo :/

Seriously, its an adaptation. You win some, you lose some. There will always be someone to cry about something they didn't like. They changed this, they ruined that, I didn't like the way Batmans hair was 2 inches shorter than in the comics.

It was successful in depicting why he became Batman, why villains do what they do, and why he does what he does. That was the point, and it did it well.

Take some prozak before you blow a gasket, Jesus Christ.

lmfao!! laughing Happy Dance

Cascador
Originally posted by braz
how did he get all this stuff and make it? the batcave, the batmobile, the batsuit, why is he batman!?!...Begins answered all of that...

Well, I guess Tim Burton wanted to skip the whole introduction part, cause you miss then a whole big deal of the movie itself...but he didnt't want to keep it a mystery either, so that's where you are wrong! Batman explained why he wanted to be the bat, because you see flashbacks and you see Batman saying himself why he started off as the bat to the Joker. I also personally thought the murder scene of Bruce parents was better in batman '89, cause come on...one of the coolest lines ever "Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" That was really cool...and the atmosphere, the fog gave it a lot more darkness than in Batman Begins. And yeah in Batman returns it shows you that Bruce did built all the things himself cause he was repairing the Batmobile. So there is a big explenation in Burton's version why he is Batman.

Rafkins_Warning
Um... I grew up on Burton's Batman, so it is all I know and will ever know... Keaton is the one and only Batman to me... sorry, just how this girl was raised!

I mean Burton's films were based on the comics, he adds his own style to all of his works and that's what makes them unique and genius!

And I don't care if BB is an adaptation or a "rebirth" of the series... that has nothing to do with the fact that it was boring as hell! I mean I'm sure it's not all Nolan's fault... Goyer is afterall behind it as well... I hate that man! He ruins everything he touches!

So yes... Batman Begins was a very boring film and in my opinion Christian Bale did not do Bruce Wayne justice.

braz
smh

braz
Originally posted by Cascador
Well, I guess Tim Burton wanted to skip the whole introduction part, cause you miss then a whole big deal of the movie itself...but he didnt't want to keep it a mystery either, so that's where you are wrong! Batman explained why he wanted to be the bat, because you see flashbacks and you see Batman saying himself why he started off as the bat to the Joker. I also personally thought the murder scene of Bruce parents was better in batman '89, cause come on...one of the coolest lines ever "Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" That was really cool...and the atmosphere, the fog gave it a lot more darkness than in Batman Begins. And yeah in Batman returns it shows you that Bruce did built all the things himself cause he was repairing the Batmobile. So there is a big explenation in Burton's version why he is Batman.

yea, but it wasnt detailed enough, u didnt know completely, and it kinda left an empty hole for all that

Cascador
Well does there have to? Most sequels of superhero movies are more succesful because they are trying to tell in the first one where there powers come from and that ruins much, cause you dont get to see the superhero after a whole time has passed. I mean in the first spider-man movie it takes almost an hour until you see him. I'm not saying it makes it a bad film. But Tim Burton wanted to skip a great part, because he probably realised that the audience didn't want to keep waiting to see Batman. also because Batman is suppose to be mysterious...so is his background.

braz
yea it does take up time, and it did in Batman Begins, the whole first half of the movie he wasnt even batman....but i liked it still, and in this case with batman begins i think the wait was well worth it...i think it kind of used it as a tease i think and made u want to see batman so bad, and u didnt and BAM! there he is headbutting falcone, and ur just like...wow, that was tooo cool!!! (at least thats the way i saw it)

Scoobless
blink

roughrider
Um... I grew up on Burton's Batman, so it is all I know and will ever know... Keaton is the one and only Batman to me... sorry, just how this girl was raised!

I mean Burton's films were based on the comics, he adds his own style to all of his works and that's what makes them unique and genius!

And I don't care if BB is an adaptation or a "rebirth" of the series... that has nothing to do with the fact that it was boring as hell! I mean I'm sure it's not all Nolan's fault... Goyer is afterall behind it as well... I hate that man! He ruins everything he touches!

So yes... Batman Begins was a very boring film and in my opinion Christian Bale did not do Bruce Wayne justice.

It's a step up from saying you were raised on the campy '60's show, but if you didn't even read Batman prior to the Burton films, well...you missed some stuff. Burton's not a comics fan, did you know that? Apparently brags about it.
Batman Begins felt like the Batman film I have always waited for. It is the best one. Cheerio. big grin

Rafkins_Warning
Um... I was raised on the "campy 60's show" actually... and I am proud of that little factoid!

And I know Burton didn't know much of the comics... thats why at the beginning of the films it says "Based on DC Comics' Batman"... key word there BASED.

And so what BB was to the books... it was still boring in the sense that it dragged on at dull moments, had horrible sequencing and was just all around boring!

Rafkins_Warning
yea it does take up time, and it did in Batman Begins, the whole first half of the movie he wasnt even batman....but i liked it still, and in this case with batman begins i think the wait was well worth it...i think it kind of used it as a tease i think and made u want to see batman so bad, and u didnt and BAM! there he is headbutting falcone, and ur just like...wow, that was tooo cool!!! (at least thats the way i saw it)

Yeah, and by the time it got to him head butting Falcone we didn't care anymore!

Well... for me anyway, by that time my interest in Batman had been lost completely... I think I lost it somewhere during the League of Shadows' training sequence... not sure... I was about to fall asleep during it.

Given some parts were amusing but nowhere near as good as they should have been. Just like "Oh look... there's Barbara and Jim Jr. in there... how cute..." but nothing to really peak my interest.

And what the hell was up with Falcone strung up on the spotlight? Those things are like 1,000 degrees... he would have been melted to it and dead from third degree burns! Maybe I'm thinking too scientifically into that one....

Harvey Dent
BATMAN RETURNS:

Learn how to write a sentance with punctuation.

If anyone wants to hear a review of Batman Begins, I'd recommend reading a critic's opinion that knows what they are talking about.

Just because you write a lot and are of in great need of an editor, doesn't mean a great film like Batman Begins is bad.

Rafkins_Warning
I don't know what Ebert and Roeper were smoking when they watched and reviewed BB... but I lost a bit of my respect for them that day... not the first time its happened though... lost a bit of respect for Ebert the day he almost gave Rent a thunbs down... I fear the man is losing his "stuff".

Harvey Dent
Um... I was raised on the "campy 60's show" actually... and I am proud of that little factoid!

And I know Burton didn't know much of the comics... thats why at the beginning of the films it says "Based on DC Comics' Batman"... key word there BASED.

And so what BB was to the books... it was still boring in the sense that it dragged on at dull moments, had horrible sequencing and was just all around boring!

laughing Now you're saying that you are raised on the 60s Batman too? I thought you said you were only raised on Burton's Batman before?! laughing

These Burton fans are really intelligent! laughing laughing laughing

Harvey Dent
I don't know what Ebert and Roeper were smoking when they watched and reviewed BB... but I lost a bit of my respect for them that day... not the first time its happened though... lost a bit of respect for Ebert the day he almost gave Rent a thunbs down... I fear the man is losing his "stuff".

I'd take Ebert's review over yours in a hot second.

He actually knows what he is talking about.

Roeper loved it too - not just Ebert.

Rafkins_Warning
Well Roeper has no taste and Ebert kinda gets caught up in flashing lights and shiny objects... can't blame him for that though... seems it caught a lot of other people's eye as well.

Rafkins_Warning
Oh... and my uncle used to make me watch the TV show when I was like 3-7... and I watched the Burton movies from 4 years old till today... and yes, I am quite intelligent, personally I think you very unintelligent for trying to say I am not when you know absolutely nothing about me.

Harvey Dent
Well Roeper has no taste and Ebert kinda gets caught up in flashing lights and shiny objects... can't blame him for that though... seems it caught a lot of other people's eye as well.

But for some reason, you think you have taste. laughing

Gregory
So, now the only Batman movies that don't have insane anti-fans posting five-thousand word essays about how much they suck are ... Batman Forever and Batman and Robin?

Funny how that worked out.

Harvey Dent
Oh... and my uncle used to make me watch the TV show when I was like 3-7... and I watched the Burton movies from 4 years old till today... and yes, I am quite intelligent, personally I think you very unintelligent for trying to say I am not when you know absolutely nothing about me.

OK good comeback. I can tell your type by the way you contradicted yourself in each of those posts.

First you said you were raised on Burton's Batman, then raised on the 60's show.

Did you call Batman your daddy since you were raised by television?

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Gregory
So, now the only Batman movies that don't have insane anti-fans posting five-thousand word essays about how much they suck are ... Batman Forever and Batman and Robin?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
But for some reason, you think you have taste. laughing

I have more taste than some it would seem.

Rafkins_Warning
More maturity as well.

Rafkins_Warning
And sorry... last time i checked this wasn't the "Batman Begins Lovers" forum... it is open to all discussions... and a difference in opinion should not be frowned upon it should be take gratefully.

NPC
Batman Begins had its ups an downs. I think the action kinda sucked, all those crappy camera angles you couldnt tell what the hell was going on when he was fighting half the time.
I think the 1st Burton Movie was the best MOVIE, but the best interpretation has to be the 90's Batman Cartoon. Some episodes were so good, some episodes were better than any of the films.
I remember there was one episode where the scarecrow hits batman, but as Bruce Wayne, with a Fearless toxin makin him totally fearless so he will walk into this moat of alligators. The scarecrow walks away thinkin Bruce Wayne is as good as dead, an Bruce does calmly walk into the moat totally submerged with the crocs jumpin on where he was then a totally motionless surface. Then 5 seconds later Bruce emerges the other side calm as before an several seconds later all the bodies of all the crocs float to the surface dead. LOL, so its like the fear toxin actually made him more of a baddazz. I was prayin for something like that in Batman Begins.
I also I think the costume is a little off, I think they need to make the eye slots for the costume white so its not showing iris's so it looks just like the comic. Then if Batman is trying to scope out some place dark they should go red for infravision.
An was it me or was a lot of that action kinda generic? I wasnt too impressed, I kept thinking of the knife fight in Burton's 1st Batman an was waiting for a fight scene to top that, that NEVER came.
The fear toxin special effects were dead on though, Batman looking like a black demon, then looking like a demon flying over the city towards the end. They just needed Batman to whoop a little more azz, like see a dark area full of thugs, then the screen pans away then quickly pans back an all the thugs are out cold on the ground or totally vanished without a sound or a trace. I mean we got to see spidey pull some need acrobatic moves right out of the comics but I didnt see any cool batman moves really. They need to show him as being more formidable than they did.
What would have really been cool would have been more on his training in martial arts before he meets Ra. Quiodi his arch rival in his training dojo, ect. Or some of the training they show in the cartoon again a perfect example. Shows him understudying a magician, learning his escape artist tricks, picking hand cuffs, disappearing in plain sight, slight of hand, ect.

Rafkins_Warning
I agree... to supposedly be explaining all of Bruce's past, BB doesn't go into how Bruce knows all these fighting skills long before he meets Ducard/Ra's.

And the lighting was awful in the film, I could hardly see what was happening during the night-time scenes, like when he fights Falcone's thugs and then at the Narrows when Crane gasses him for the first time.

I do like how they made Batman look at the end in the Narrows with the toxin, it was very creepy and lived up to its hype... unlike a lot of the movie.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Batman Begins was awesome.

yes

Batman Begins rocked my cotton socks. droolio

braz
Originally posted by H. S. 6
yes

Batman Begins rocked my cotton socks. droolio

couldnt have said it better

Myth
Batman Returns - If your such a big Batman fan then how come you didn't realize you didn't like Batman Begins until after you bought it from FYE? Did you, an obvious Batman fan, not go see it in theaters? Blasphemy!

Btw, Begins is my fav Batman movie and I actually enjoyed the parts before he became Batman MORE than the rest of the movie. Parts that some people refer to as "slow" I refer to as more intelligent.

roughrider
I have more taste than some it would seem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
More maturity as well. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
Originally posted by Myth
Batman Returns - If your such a big Batman fan then how come you didn't realize you didn't like Batman Begins until after you bought it from FYE? Did you, an obvious Batman fan, not go see it in theaters? Blasphemy!

Btw, Begins is my fav Batman movie and I actually enjoyed the parts before he became Batman MORE than the rest of the movie. Parts that some people refer to as "slow" I refer to as more intelligent.

Exactly. I wonder at the age of and maturity level of some of these complainers. They want a lot of mindless action, watch the Schumacher versions.
One of the best things going for BB was that it was totally about Bruce Wayne, and the evolution of his character that leads him to Batman. The flashback structure takes selective incidents from the past before he's found by Ducard in Bhutan. They showed just enough of the important points that shaped his mind and sense of justice; we don't need to see every criminology class or time spent on the parallel bars. By the time he goes in prison and reaches Ras Al Ghul's lair, we see he's picked up skills, but he has no whole to them; no identity.
Though I still liked the first Burton film, and sort-of like the second, and don't care for the third or fourth at all, one thing they all have in common is how much time is spent with the villains; they virtually took over. Some who watched the first, remarked it could just as well be called "Joker" instead of Batman.

Femi32
I think I remember Batman Returns saying he never read Batman comics. I don't either. I mainly watched B:TAS. Anyway I thought BB was a good movie. Definetly better than the Schumacher movies. I have to see B '89 and BR again before I can make a final judgement.

Who's the lady in your sig roughrider?

roughrider
The lady is Tarene - Thor Girl.

Bardock42
Originally posted by atharpina
You idiot.

Hmm, yes, sounds aboot right.

WrathfulDwarf
believe nolan made batman boring....

Pretty much that's when I stop reading. The rest looks more like someone had a bad infection of post-like vomiting. As much as I respect other people's opinion. I find it hard...nope...IMPOSSIBLE to believe you're a Batman fan. No matter how much YOU claim to be one. You aren't...and I this isn't the first you come here and start pointless rants and rather brainless posts. You've done it before and quite frankly I don't even know why I'm bothering to read your gargage (OMG!!! The moderator said GARBAGE!!!!) Do yourself a favor and quit making a in the boards.

If you had ANY debatable and true criticism of the film I might given you the benefit of the doubt. Or even had a nice debate with you. Instead...I won't waste my precious time (which you don't deserved) with the baffle of wasteland thread. Thank you and come again. Just please...don't come to me. Later...

WD

Batman Returns
I am a Batman fan, but this movie was just rediculously boring. i mean cmon, a little boy steals a small rock from a little girl, and then he falls down a hole. years later, he is bruce wayne, the only white man in an English-language chinese prison. Bruce is pretty rich back in America, but he had himself sent to a chinese prison so that he could train himself to beat people up, because he's pissed off about his parents getting shot by a mugger. Okay. Then, he meets a guy with some sort of unpronounceable name, and this guy wants Bruce to join his group of evil ninjas. So, Bruce is like, "Evil ninjas? Where do I sign up?" Of course, when the evil ninja training is finished (wich totally sucked) and they want him to kill somebody, Bruce freaks out and burns down the whole place, probably killing quite a few people, very un-Batman like since he vowed not to "kill" anyone(though keatons wasnt a pussy like bale was). Okay. Then, he goes home to rejoin the business world and fight crime. Luckily, he meets a guy at his father's company, and this guy makes superhero equipment for a living. Talk about your happy coincidences.

David Goyer must be stopped. Seriously. I have no idea how anybody could have looked at the script for this ****ing abomination and said, "Hey, I want to make that!" How many lame-brained action movie cliches can you fit into one film? How much cringe-worthy dumbass dialog can you make your overqualified cast choke out? How much cheesy sentimental bullshit can you squeeze into a movie about a guy fighting crime in a modified s&m outfit? If you're David Goyer, the possibilities are endless.

"Why bats, Master Wayne?"
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

**** you, David Goyer.

Now, don't think that I'm letting Christopher Nolan off the hook, either. Then, there's the rest of the movie. You know, if you're making a brainless action picture (and make no mistake, that's exactly what this is), wouldn't it make sense to maybe show the action? Just a little? Maybe? For christ's sake, in some scenes I don't even know what the **** was going on. Even on the rare occasions where the editing is somewhat coherent and you can get an idea of what's going on, it's still just a bunch of really quick close-ups. Then, for everything that isn't action, it all has to be big, sweeping, epic, even if there's no particular reason for it. Sort of like the music.

Oh, good christ, what the **** is up with the music? Hey, Bruce Wayne, you've got a ****ing orchestra following you around. Maybe you should think about filing a restraining order or get better music. I mean, it's like every scene has this un-majestic sappy score to point out exactly what particular emotion you're supposed to be feeling at this precise moment, thank you very much. This music is definitely Oscar-worthy, by which I mean it sucks. Elfmans was soooo much better, theres no theme here! Okay, okay, on its own maybe the music wouldn't be so bad, but it's pretty ****ing obnoxious to have sucky boring music like this.

And this is just how they make big-budget action movies now, only some of them use inappropriate pop songs in place of an overenthusiastic sappy orchestral score. Jesus christ, that's just plain depressing. Where are the good old ways of making a GOOD Batman movie? ......sad.

Batman Returns
and i have read the comics. and the comics never looked or acted this bad.

roughrider
Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah...
Get over it.

Knightfall93
BB is a phenomenal film! It's actually quite loyal to the cpomics AND is a very good film even for those who don't necessarily care about the comics! It's not just a film for comic boffs and shit, you arseholes! It's better than Burton's bloody serial killing Batman and infinitely better than Schumacher's gay nippled Batmen!

Knightfall93
Helloooo? Batman Returns? the guy with the "unpronouncable" name is Ducard... or maybe you mean Ra's al Ghul. Lets all say it nice and slowly together... Rars Al Gull, Rars Al Gull, but just spelt Ra's al Ghul. you are A) seriously retarded or B) A arse hole

Bardock42
Where did you copy all that Bullshit from anyways?

I mean it's obvious that anyone who knows Batman and claims to be a fan themself would never critizise the points you critizised in your last post. that is what Batman is. So either you haven't read a Batman comic in your life (which I find rather possible) or you have copied it off of saome Website that doesn't know shit aboot Batman or and that would be the best option in my opinion, you jsut like to piss people off.

OB1-adobe
There are things that I like and don't like about all of the batman movies

Cascador
I don't think he copied it from a website, otherwise the guy who did that review seriously has a problem in his english language lol

Batman Returns, I think you made your point, and there are some valid ones! But it's useless to continue this, cause it's just totally pointless...Michael Keaton is in my opinion The bat...Christian Bale is on the right track to take over the throne...and I know there are a lot of members who think he already did, but he didn't! Michael Keaton made two amazing Batman films, let's see if Bale can do the same! He has the potential..Can't wait for the sequel to find out...

roughrider
Batman Returns above, talks about Bruce "meeting a guy with an unpronounceable name" - blink You mean Ras Al Ghul? The man who is, in the international sense, one of his top adversaries?
miffed You dare to call yourself a Batman fan. Your posts shows you to be a moron with an uninformed opinion.
Put down that coffee which is making you go beserk here, stop worshipping at Tim Burton's altar - the man sneers at comics, did you know? - and go read some printed stories from the past two decades.
Come back when you have an educated criticism to make.

Knightfall93
I agree wholeheartedly, roughrider. How can a guy who claims to be a big fan not know Ra's al Ghul? Hmmm... let's see... has he ever read Hush? One of the greatest comic works of recent years... or Son of the Demon, or Tales of the Demon or Death and the Maidens!? This guy is a pretender, he's probably never SEEN a comic or graphic novel in his short life! Haven't you heard of LEGACY, BR, though why you, a not- so- knowledgeble know- it- all, can have that name I don't know!

Knightfall93
And if you can't pronounce Ducard or Jonathan Crane... then God help you!

peejay88
I took like 15 minutes finding a parking space, My butt got numb, my shoe came untied as i entered the foyer, i pizzed on my shoes b4 i entered the cinema and don't get me started on the price of popcorn! I hold Nolan and Goyer personally responsible and they should be shot messed :P

Lord Shadow Z
I am a Batman fan, but this movie was just rediculously boring. i mean cmon, a little boy steals a small rock from a little girl, and then he falls down a hole. years later, he is bruce wayne, the only white man in an English-language chinese prison. Bruce is pretty rich back in America, but he had himself sent to a chinese prison so that he could train himself to beat people up, because he's pissed off about his parents getting shot by a mugger. Okay. Then, he meets a guy with some sort of unpronounceable name, and this guy wants Bruce to join his group of evil ninjas. So, Bruce is like, "Evil ninjas? Where do I sign up?" Of course, when the evil ninja training is finished (wich totally sucked) and they want him to kill somebody, Bruce freaks out and burns down the whole place, probably killing quite a few people, very un-Batman like since he vowed not to "kill" anyone(though keatons wasnt a pussy like bale was). Okay. Then, he goes home to rejoin the business world and fight crime. Luckily, he meets a guy at his father's company, and this guy makes superhero equipment for a living. Talk about your happy coincidences.

David Goyer must be stopped. Seriously. I have no idea how anybody could have looked at the script for this ****ing abomination and said, "Hey, I want to make that!" How many lame-brained action movie cliches can you fit into one film? How much cringe-worthy dumbass dialog can you make your overqualified cast choke out? How much cheesy sentimental bullshit can you squeeze into a movie about a guy fighting crime in a modified s&m outfit? If you're David Goyer, the possibilities are endless.

**** you, David Goyer.

Now, don't think that I'm letting Christopher Nolan off the hook, either. Then, there's the rest of the movie. You know, if you're making a brainless action picture (and make no mistake, that's exactly what this is), wouldn't it make sense to maybe show the action? Just a little? Maybe? For christ's sake, in some scenes I don't even know what the **** was going on. Even on the rare occasions where the editing is somewhat coherent and you can get an idea of what's going on, it's still just a bunch of really quick close-ups. Then, for everything that isn't action, it all has to be big, sweeping, epic, even if there's no particular reason for it. Sort of like the music.

Oh, good christ, what the **** is up with the music? Hey, Bruce Wayne, you've got a ****ing orchestra following you around. Maybe you should think about filing a restraining order or get better music. I mean, it's like every scene has this un-majestic sappy score to point out exactly what particular emotion you're supposed to be feeling at this precise moment, thank you very much. This music is definitely Oscar-worthy, by which I mean it sucks. Elfmans was soooo much better, theres no theme here! Okay, okay, on its own maybe the music wouldn't be so bad, but it's pretty ****ing obnoxious to have sucky boring music like this.

And this is just how they make big-budget action movies now, only some of them use inappropriate pop songs in place of an overenthusiastic sappy orchestral score. Jesus christ, that's just plain depressing. Where are the good old ways of making a GOOD Batman movie? ......sad.

I agree with you on one point only and thats the lack of atmosphere, the scenes that should -combined with the right music and directorial flair have you on the edge of your seat- Begins didn't have that.

OB1-adobe
What is so cheesy about:

"I seek the means to fight injustice"?????

Nothing

Silverstein
Mr Parker, tell this whoever made this thread that Burton and his crap interpretation of Batman sucked @ss

Mr Parker

The only kind of taste he has is horrible.Wow I cant believe there is actually someone else here on this message board who is as clueless about the character of Batman as he is.You two should become best friends.You want to talk about characters that were butchered and tanked,look no further than the Burton Batman movies.Burton raped to death Batmans character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Silverstein
Mr Parker, tell this whoever made this thread that Burton and his crap interpretation of Batman sucked @ss

Well I have told him that before.This guy is absolutely clueless about the character of Batman and obviously never read the comic like he falsely claims.Myself and others have taken him to school on that many times.LOL.I dont waste my time with him anymore and if I were you,I would not as well.He's not a batman fan,he's just on here seeking attention trying to get a reaction out of people.Its best to ignore him.question for you? did you even bother to read his posts? Man if he wants people to read his review of a movie,he needs to learn to not make it into a damn novel.I dont got time to read through all that crap.I read about the first four sentences and saw that was just the same old crap,boring boring,blah blah blah from him that he has posted countless of times here before in the past.Funny how he finds a batman movie that had lots of action in it like a batman movie SHOULD have like Begins boring yet he says the burton batman movies which did nothing but have the actors stand around talking practically the whole damn time,exciting isnt it? laughing that alone speaks volumes about his credibility.He DID get one thing right though,that the man-spider movies are crap. big grin

Mr Parker
You idiot.

that pretty much sums him up and describes him to a tee. laughing out loud

Mr Parker
Tim Burton is a moron when it comes to batman.

So true my friend,so true. thumb up

Rafkins_Warning

**** you, David Goyer.

YES! **** Goyer indeed! I hate that man! He ruins everything! EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES!

He needs to found and stopped!

Silverstein
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Well I have told him that before.This guy is absolutely clueless about the character of Batman and obviously never read the comic like he falsely claims.Myself and others have taken him to school on that many times.LOL.I dont waste my time with him anymore and if I were you,I would not as well.He's not a batman fan,he's just on here seeking attention trying to get a reaction out of people.Its best to ignore him.question for you? did you even bother to read his posts? Man if he wants people to read his review of a movie,he needs to learn to not make it into a damn novel.I dont got time to read through all that crap.I read about the first four sentences and saw that was just the same old crap,boring boring,blah blah blah from him that he has posted countless of times here before in the past.Funny how he finds a batman movie that had lots of action in it like a batman movie SHOULD have like Begins boring yet he says the burton batman movies which did nothing but have the actors stand around talking practically the whole damn time,exciting isnt it? laughing that alone speaks volumes about his credibility.He DID get one thing right though,that the man-spider movies are crap. big grin

i read like 10% of what he wrote but all i could sum up was "booo hooo, wheeeh, blah blah blah, im a dirty tramp"

he calls batman begins boring, burton's movie was boring as hell, i seriously could not sit through 20mins of it, and i rented it, tim burton butchers every freaking movie ex//batman, willy wonka, planet of the apes...

Lord Magnus
blatantly obvious ripoffs from both spiderman and the previous batman films. bales "im Batman" totally sucked, it just did, for so many reasons. the buildup to the scene was horrible, we already know who this guy is and why hes batman how he got the suit and all that, so do ppl really expect to be "wowed" by this scene? i sure wasnt, there was no real suspense! no mystery to batman! why no mystery nolan, WHY!? ass. this is something Burton got right but i dont think anyone will ever get the mystrey right, burtons style was perfect for Batman.

next thing i hated, the

me!".

Die!

Silverstein
id prefer to watch Arnold Schwartzennegers Jingle All The Way than watch batman by burton.

Lord Magnus
(continued)

wasted. horrible.

thnk you for listening.

Well, that last one was harsh, but seriously. You think BURTON beat that? I respect Burton, but this was my favorite Batman movie. My favorite comic book movie. my all-time favorite movie! The greatest moment of my lonely nerd life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot deny the awesome power of this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything you said was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a matter of opinion, you were simply wrong. Go whine about how Mary-Jane was too much like Gwen Stacy, or how Cyclops was underplayed, but stay away from Batman Begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My opinions are more valid cause they have lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rafkins_Warning
Silverstein: i read like 10% of what he wrote but all i could sum up was "booo hooo, wheeeh, blah blah blah, im a dirty tramp"

Somebody is just dripping with maturity!

Silverstein
Silverstein: i read like 10% of what he wrote but all i could sum up was "booo hooo, wheeeh, blah blah blah, im a dirty tramp"

Somebody is just dripping with maturity!

sorry let me re phrase that. I read 10% of what 'Batman Returns' had to say and it was basically a criticizing of every little thing in batman begins. But they way he criticizes it, sounds like a b*tching whine. How could anyone honestly like the burton bat movies...

-I think people watch superhero movies because they want to see superheroes right?

- Batman Begins has become such a good movie in my opinion because it comes a step closer to reality, how every bat gadget has a real purpose and could possibly be made in the near future. Spider-man (meh movie) was successful because we can all relate to Peter Parker and his struggles in life, Bruce not so much except for the fact that he has fears, etc.

braz

me!".

dude, bruce wayne is not supposed to be some 'psycho' anger-driven crazy ass who hates every second of his life...hes supposed to be 'bruce wayne', what the public knows him as...and when he puts the cowl on, hes batman, and he talks different for intimidation and to conceal his identity..i hope you know that...and bruce wayne is supposed to be happy wtf r u talking about, if he walked around all pissed off like batman does, people would suspect him of being batman...bruce wayne is his dual identity, he smiles, he has a differnent personality, body language ect. from batman...its to CONCEAL HIS IDENTITY...and show he really enjoys life...and y r u even saying bruce is supposed to be pissed off & hate life?? hes a freakin' billionaire playboy with loads of cash and tons of women... cool big grin

braz
sorry let me re phrase that. I read 10% of what 'Batman Returns' had to say and it was basically a criticizing of every little thing in batman begins. But they way he criticizes it, sounds like a b*tching whine. How could anyone honestly like the burton bat movies...

-I think people watch superhero movies because they want to see superheroes right?

- Batman Begins has become such a good movie in my opinion because it comes a step closer to reality, how every bat gadget has a real purpose and could possibly be made in the near future. Spider-man (meh movie) was successful because we can all relate to Peter Parker and his struggles in life, Bruce not so much except for the fact that he has fears, etc.

i can..

Silverstein
well actually i might have been harsh, how could anyone prefer Burton Batmovies over Batman Begins? and still make sense

Rafkins_Warning
well actually i might have been harsh, how could anyone prefer Burton Batmovies over Batman Begins? and still make sense

Um... because the Burton films (even though they were not comic based) are still more interesting and amusing to watch than BB...

Batman Begins puts you to sleep, Burton's films are entertaining.

braz
^burton was good, but still, keaton was outta shape, i mean he couldnt have even taken his shirt off without being exposed as a couch potato, the batsuit i didnt really like in this one...except in batman returns now that one was cool..i just didnt care too much for the one in Batman though, no origin, not enough emotion to get u drawn into the story...stiff action sequences..so ur right, Begins tops em' all i think

braz
i was talking to sliver*

Silverstein
in Batman Begins you get to KNOW Bruce...it allows you sort of to become attached to the character, sort of like a tragic hero, without the death

Rafkins_Warning
^burton was good, but still, keaton was outta shape, i mean he couldnt have even taken his shirt off without being exposed as a couch potato, the batsuit i didnt really like in this one...except in batman returns now that one was cool..i just didnt care too much for the one in Batman though, no origin, not enough emotion to get u drawn into the story...stiff action sequences..so ur right, Begins tops em' all i think

Agreed on Batman Returns being awesome, and so far I believe it to be the best Batman film... first one, it was okay and the original but Returns was better... and Begins was just greatly lacking in entertainment value.

The Ion
id prefer to watch Arnold Schwartzennegers Jingle All The Way than watch batman by burton.
Jingle All The Way is the best damn Xmas movie ever! Ever I say!

braz
Agreed on Batman Returns being awesome, and so far I believe it to be the best Batman film... first one, it was okay and the original but Returns was better... and Begins was just greatly lacking in entertainment value.

yyea i know what ur saying and trust me, i did, even myself find batman begins to come off a little boring...but that was because of all the incomprehensible fight scenes all like .02 seconds long each and u couldnt really take in any action in that movie cuz u didnt know what the hell was goin on! that was my only complaint about begins, but other than that...best movie ive ever seen..hands down

roughrider
Um... because the Burton films (even though they were not comic based) are still more interesting and amusing to watch than BB...

Batman Begins puts you to sleep, Burton's films are entertaining.

Ah...Burton's films ARE comic based; they still carry the Batman name and the familar elements. What I have been saying, is that Burton doesn't respect the comics medium. If you could read the story of Burton's involvement with Superman in the late 90's - the film version that collapsed - his arrogant distain for everything about Superman was shocking. Ideas like no costume, making him a gadget-based character who flies with a supermobile What the f**k?
By contrast, Batman Begins by Nolan and Goyer treats the legend with respect; his journey is like that of many heroic odysseys from myth. This is made for those who care about Bruce Wayne and why he does what he does. Judging by the great box-office and critical success, it's a large portion of the globe.

K.Diddy

next thing i hated, the

me!".

Get a life

Myth
yyea i know what ur saying and trust me, i did, even myself find batman begins to come off a little boring...but that was because of all the incomprehensible fight scenes all like .02 seconds long each and u couldnt really take in any action in that movie cuz u didnt know what the hell was goin on! that was my only complaint about begins, but other than that...best movie ive ever seen..hands down

The fight scenes were 20X better than the old ones. The old ones involved Batman standing perfectly still and the bad guys would run at him one at a time. As they ran at him he'd raise his fist or foot and the bad guy would bounce off it and go flying and never stand back up. Come on, like the infamous bad guy runs from behind and Batman backhands the guy over the shoulder. That is some of the worst choreography I have ever seen.

Cascador
So true my friend,so true. thumb up

I don't agree with what Batman Returns said...but with saying things like that, you make yourself as pointless and childish as him...

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by roughrider
Ah...Burton's films ARE comic based; they still carry the Batman name and the familar elements. What I have been saying, is that Burton doesn't respect the comics medium. If you could read the story of Burton's involvement with Superman in the late 90's - the film version that collapsed - his arrogant distain for everything about Superman was shocking. Ideas like no costume, making him a gadget-based character who flies with a supermobile What the f**k?
By contrast, Batman Begins by Nolan and Goyer treats the legend with respect; his journey is like that of many heroic odysseys from myth. This is made for those who care about Bruce Wayne and why he does what he does. Judging by the great box-office and critical success, it's a large portion of the globe.

I know they were comic based, I meant they weren't as comic based as Begins was... and personally I don't think it mattered in Burton's Batman movies, you still enjoyed watching them. Begins had the right idea they just didn't bring it to the screen as well as I think they could have.

Bardock42
I know they were comic based, I meant they weren't as comic based as Begins was... and personally I don't think it mattered in Burton's Batman movies, you still enjoyed watching them. Begins had the right idea they just didn't bring it to the screen as well as I think they could have.

What should they have done.

Doc Ock
I loved Burton's Batman movies too.

They were fantastic IMO.

Knightfall93
AAAAAAHHHHH! if anyone ever tries to write a god damn TOME in this thread again I'm gonna slit my wrists! How can anyone say Batman Begins is not The Best Comic Movie of All Time and probably one of the best films of all time! Burton's a f***king wa**er and should be shot!
F**k off, Burton lovers, you don't care about Batman, you're too busy watching Burton's weird comedic stuff like Nightmare Before Chrimbo to care that he's done similar weird stuff to a franchise that isn't just his and isn't like that! Die, Burton, die! Peace out

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Knightfall93
AAAAAAHHHHH! if anyone ever tries to write a god damn TOME in this thread again I'm gonna slit my wrists! How can anyone say Batman Begins is not The Best Comic Movie of All Time and probably one of the best films of all time! Burton's a f***king wa**er and should be shot!
F**k off, Burton lovers, you don't care about Batman, you're too busy watching Burton's weird comedic stuff like Nightmare Before Chrimbo to care that he's done similar weird stuff to a franchise that isn't just his and isn't like that! Die, Burton, die! Peace out

If if this isn't a post that would get you banned,I don't know what is.

Some people are so intimidated by differing opinions laughing

SpyCspider
AAAAAAHHHHH! if anyone ever tries to write a god damn TOME in this thread again I'm gonna slit my wrists!

hands down, one of the best lines in KMC history.

Self-mutilation in response to reading another's opinion. laughing

Knightfall93
Thanks, SpyCSpider! Luckily noone's written another tome yet...

Lord Shadow Z
Begins was a brilliant adaption of Batman but it did feel disjointed at times with the lack of atmosphere or urgency within scenes. Thats why I've still held back from buying it because it doesn't share the sense of adventure of the previous films (excluding B+R)

Batman is a superhero that has a serious attitude to his crusade and I can understand if Nolan wants to show that but he's got to make the next films fun to watch instead of these long scenes where you expect something exciting will happen but it fizzles into nothing- then cuts to somewhere else. Like the mansion scene where Bruce tells everyone to get out when Neeson and his ninjas turn up. I expected a huge, martial arts laden fight , with there being so much room and all but it just ends up being another heavy dialogue between them.

Thats my take on it anyway...

roughrider
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Begins was a brilliant adaption of Batman but it did feel disjointed at times with the lack of atmosphere or urgency within scenes. Thats why I've still held back from buying it because it doesn't share the sense of adventure of the previous films (excluding B+R)

Batman is a superhero that has a serious attitude to his crusade and I can understand if Nolan wants to show that but he's got to make the next films fun to watch instead of these long scenes where you expect something exciting will happen but it fizzles into nothing- then cuts to somewhere else. Like the mansion scene where Bruce tells everyone to get out when Neeson and his ninjas turn up. I expected a huge, martial arts laden fight , with there being so much room and all but it just ends up being another heavy dialogue between them.

Thats my take on it anyway...

Another example of what was refered to earlier.
What one person perceives as slow-moving scenes with nothing happening, others perceive as intelligent character development.

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by Gregory
Threads about those movies being crap are like having threads to argue that the earth is round........nobody's going to argue about it, because everyone accepts it as fact. smile

Mr Parker

thats EXACTLY why Keaton was a horrible casting choice for Batman,that and the fact he is a short runt who was half bald,some people just dont get it though that he was the worst casting choice in comicbook history because of his physical build and wrong look though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
in Batman Begins you get to KNOW Bruce...it allows you sort of to become attached to the character, sort of like a tragic hero, without the death

yeah you never got to know bruce in the first two batman movies which is why prefer forever over burtons batman movies,you at least got to know him then.Burtons batman movies focused so much on the villains that you never knew that much about bruce wayne.

Jade Chihuahua
Batman Begins is the greatest superhero movie ever!
The first Batman was ok, the second was really good, the third was crap, the fourth was pathetically camp and BB was the movie that all of them should have been!

Silverstein
hahha someone mentioned something about Burton's old bat fight sequences.

Batman simply stands there with his neckbrace, raises his arm and thugs jumped into his fist LOL, not to mention Batjet got shot down by a pistol from the joker...sad

Mr Parker

Whoooaaaaa there Knightfall. Hey I love Batman Begins is much as the next guy but I still think superman is the best comicbook movie ever.are you going to get all upset with me for that? wink Yeah Burton is a moron when it comes to batman movies,thats obvious to people who read the comics and have logic,and yeah he should be shot for how he raped to death Batmans character.But calm down,just because the burton batman lovers like watching crappy movies,thats no excuse to act like that with them.settle down dude.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Cascador

Uh no he's not wrong because he never explained why he wanted to be the bat,your thinking of batman forever when he actually DID explain why he became the bat,all those flashbacks ever indicated was that he was in remorse and seriously depressed over his parents death,it had no explanation though for why he fought crime or why he dressed like a bat,all he ever said to the joker was-you lkilled my parents you made me,for all that,that tells you NOTHING other than him killing his parents made him severly depressed.It doesnt explain his motivations for wanting to fight crime,looking like a bat ect,get real.

Cascador
more whining..."sigh"

Mr Parker
err no,Im just correcting your mistake you made. roll eyes (sarcastic)

braz
more whining..? lol laughing no, if i recall YALL were the ones whining about batman begins and y it sucked for some reason.... we just have common sense..this thread should be destroyed

Cascador
common sense...I call it childish behaviour...

Doc Ock
Why the hell can't some people accept the FACT that alot of people loved Burton's Batman movies,as well as Batman Begins??

Geeze louise,get over it.It doesn't change anything.

Cascador
Why the hell can't some people accept the FACT that alot of people loved Burton's Batman movies,as well as Batman Begins??

Geeze louise,get over it.It doesn't change anything.

exactly...

Thorin
dude that was one hell of a rant.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by roughrider
Another example of what was refered to earlier.
What one person perceives as slow-moving scenes with nothing happening, others perceive as intelligent character development.

I have no problem with slow-moving scenes enhancing character development I just felt that many scenes or plotlines were not put together with any recognisable rhythm and the film suffered slightly.

Mišt
From a movie point of view, it was gold. It had everything. It was about Bruce Wayne's psychological growing with everything he's dealt with in his life.

Sorry if some people have the attention span of a gnat and need hours of villains running around doing bad stuff, but thats what the old series was for. Shit, for me, they could have not even had a villain, and still had a good movie. Of course I was expecting more from Scarescrow, but what they had was enough and I was happy.

I dont see why all the fuss over 'oh it was a crappy redo' etc, is needed. This was a much more mature film, and you have to see it as a mature film or you're missing the point entirely and shouldnt have even bothered going to see it. I hope you dont watch the next movie and b!tch on about the Joker. I'd rather see him as a slower, more Hannibal Lector pyschological type of character, built up with a good strong background, than a schizo like the first movie. Of course for me, Jack N. is the Joker, as much as other people have said Keaton is Batman for them, but thats not going to make me go 'Ew, Joker sucks'. Im looking forward to how Nolan pulls off Joker, because I know he'll do it properly for this type of movie.

But of course, if you want to watch crap like Batman Forever, then by all means go to the videostore and rent it. Just dont b!tch when a good movie is made because it doesnt exceed your expectations.

thumb up

Lord Shadow Z

Mišt
My post was to the thread starter, I just didnt want to quote all that crap.

But carrying on, the purpose was for the adaption of Bruce/Batman, and as you said, it was a brilliant adaption. Job done. Im sure they'll have a bit more on the other characters in future movies, but this is why the movie was called Batman Begins.

I agree with your previous comment about how some things werent put together well though, it was let down in some parts. Im trying to think back to parts where suspense/drama might have been put into play, but I cant really pinpoint any.....most parts that should have had a bit more emphasis, just...lacked. This doesnt mean the film sucked ass.

I dont see how the thread starter thought it was rubbish though. The original films arent concrete facts as to what should happen in the Batman universe, the thread starter doesnt seem to realise that. Producers gave the director the right to make a Batman movie, and it was made. Same thing with this movie. Would you argue that Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy is utter crap, just because some things were left out of the books? No, that is his vision of how it looks. And Batman Begins is Nolan's vision of how it looks.

A lot of people who view these movies, especially franchise movies, are looking far too much into the franchise side of the movie, rather than the movie side of it.

Cascador
I couldn't agree more...

Burton's vision was genius so is Nolan's...Joel's vision was crap!

roughrider
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I have no problem with slow-moving scenes enhancing character development I just felt that many scenes or plotlines were not put together with any recognisable rhythm and the film suffered slightly.

That's fair. I don't agree, but that's a reasonable criticism.

Knightfall93
If anyone thought I was slagging off all other hero movies with my earlier rant, I wasn't. Yeah, I actually love the first 2 Superman movies AND the Spiderman and X Men ones, it's just I really can't stand Joel's mockery! I think I went a little bit too far... oh, and I reckon the BB sequel will have much more action and stuff... anyone agree, now that Bruce is past his origin and all that...

Knightfall93
BB2 could be one of the best films ever if Nolan, Goyer and crew improve and advance on the ground of BB

Doc Ock
I don't think anybody could deny that Schumacher made a mockery of Batman.

Knightfall93
Let's all have a group shout: 1... 2.... 3.... JOEL SCHUMACHER IS A DEMON!

Cascador
he's not even worth the title of demon....

Knightfall93
OK, Joel Schumacher is a nobody and from now on I recommend we refer to his works as "Clooney" and "Kilmer" to avoid the EMBARASSMENT of linking those crap- fests with the great BATMAN

Mr Parker
People people,the sad truth is that BOTH Schumacher "AND" Burtons Batman movies were crap and made a mockery of Batman.The only genius director of the Batman movies is Nolan.That being said just be grateful Nolan erased the nightmare franchise of the burton/schumacher horrorfest.

Braz is correct on what he said earlier,this thread should be destroyed.

Doc Ock
People people,the sad truth is that both SCHUMACHER "AND" BURTONS Batman movies were crap and made a mockery of Batman.The only genius director of the Batman movies is Nolan.That being said just be grateful Nolan erased the nightmare franchise of the burton/schumacher horrorfest.

People,people the sad truth is that some people cannot accept the fact that millions of people love Burton's Batman movies.And they just won't let it go.

Time to move on.

Burton's Batman movies aren't ever going away.People will still love them in 50 years time,much like the 60's Batman show is still loved by many.

You have to learn to respect people's opinions.Otherwise they'll never respect yours.

Doc Ock
And I don't see why this thread should be destroyed.You seem quite happy to have the "Burton is a moron" thread kept open,because you simply agree with it.

This thread goes against your opinions,therefore you want it destroyed.

Now tell me,you honestly find that fair?? If this thread goes,then the Burton bashing thread should go too.Simple as that.

Mr Parker
Oh I can accept it,Ive always known that the majority of moviegoers enjoy watching crap.Look no further than star wars the phantom menace.lol.the proof is in the pudding right there.That movie made much much more money than the empire strikes back did but its hardly a magical and great movie like it is or a new hope. Scumachers Batman movies arent ever going away either but people will still love them in 5O years time as well. hey just telling it like it is.

Mr Parker
And I don't see why this thread should be destroyed.You seem quite happy to have the "Burton is a moron" thread kept open,because you simply agree with it.

This thread goes against your opinions,therefore you want it destroyed.

Now tell me,you honestly find that fair?? If this thread goes,then the Burton bashing thread should go too.Simple as that.

Uh I was being sarcastic on that front,maybe I should have put in the word in parentheses "sarcastic." my bad. wink

Doc Ock
Or just use a smiley wink

Knightfall93
Doc Ock, has anyone ever commented you give the impression of being a right smarmy git? Cos you do... and Nolan Rules! This thread should be shut down and Mr Ock here should be banned for being a ****...

Doc Ock
Doc Ock, has anyone ever commented you give the impression of being a right smarmy git? Cos you do... and Nolan Rules! This thread should be shut down and Mr Ock here should be banned for being a ****...

laughing Happy Dance

For the record,I never said I disliked Batman Begins.

But it's good to know I annoy you so much.Being reasonable does annoy unreasonable people like you big grin

And for the record,I am a smarmy git.But unfortunately,that's not a bannable offence.So you're stuck with me wink

But name calling,that's a bannable offence.What do you say we get Paola in here?? big grin

Knightfall93
Hey, no need to go that far, let's just discuss this like CIVILIZED ADULTS

Doc Ock
Hey, no need to go that far, let's just discuss this like CIVILIZED ADULTS

You should take your own advice.I was perfectly civilized.I insulted nobody.

Next time you make an insulting outburst like that at anyone,you will be reported.They don't tolerate that kind of behaviour here.

Knightfall93
My... errr... humble apologies.

vaya_the_elf
People people,the sad truth is that BOTH Schumacher "AND" Burtons Batman movies were crap and made a mockery of Batman.The only genius director of the Batman movies is Nolan.That being said just be grateful Nolan erased the nightmare franchise of the burton/schumacher horrorfest.

Braz is correct on what he said earlier,this thread should be destroyed.

You never stop do you laughing stick out tongue

Knightfall93
Hey, I agree with them... it's a valid (though only) an opinion

Knightfall93
You people can love 'em, you can hate 'em, you can not care! It's all your views ao just think what you think and discuss fairly

Cascador
again...Clooney provided the proof "me and arnold killed the Batman Franchise" cause Joel's last film is unforgivable! But it is Burton who created it in the first place...without him there wouldn't be one...at least not in the movies...I think that if all films were crap...Nolan maybe wouldn't have tried to create another one...Burton created the movie franchise of Batman...Schumacher destroyed it...Nolan re-created it!

Knightfall93
I think you have a good oint there, mate... Burton's weren't GOOD FILMS but they were OK and lead to those terrors that are Forever/ Robin and their awful-ness lead to Nolan having to re- create Batman. It's like a phoenix.... it's born, it dies and it's reborn in greater glory!

Mr Parker
Except the burton batman films were more of a terror than batman forever which was really the only halfway decent batflick of the burton/schumacher bat franchise. big grin

Cascador
your opinion is off, Mr Parker, cause you don't respect other ones' opinion, so why should we listen to you...

Because it's the truth?...from your point of view (and I bet from others too who only think only their opinion counts...)

atharpina
The only real problem I had with Burtons movies was the twists he employed in the first one, Joker having a name, being a mob boss wannabe, and killing Bruce's parents. And then the Penguin. Other than that, his movies were pretty darn good. Schumacher is what killed it, we should all be able to agree on that.

Rafkins_Warning
The only real problem I had with Burtons movies was the twists he employed in the first one, Joker having a name, being a mob boss wannabe, and killing Bruce's parents. And then the Penguin. Other than that, his movies were pretty darn good. Schumacher is what killed it, we should all be able to agree on that.

Indeed... Schumacher is the culprit...

Knightfall93
SCHUMACHER IS THE ULTIMATE KILLER OF BATMAN... but as the phoenix riss from the ashes, so did Batman with Begins!

Silverstein
you would have sounded really smart if only you spelled 'rises' properly

wuTa

next thing i hated, the

me!".

AWESOME!!!....i disagree with you, but your rant was ****in awesome!!... best rant i ever seen on KMC, you are going places my friend

Knightfall93
Silverstein, just for you: "rises"

roughrider
Originally posted by wuTa
AWESOME!!!....i disagree with you, but your rant was ****in awesome!!... best rant i ever seen on KMC, you are going places my friend

Don't encourage this guy. He's just a loose cannon. wacko

Mr Parker
Exactly.anybody notice how he hasnt come back and posted since he made this post? Like I said,he's not a batman fan,he's just on here seeking attention and posting to get a reaction out of people.If he does decide to come back on this thread and post again,it wont be for at least two weeks or so,thats his pattern.Thats why this will be my last post on this thread.

vaya_the_elf
Except the burton batman films were more of a terror than batman forever which was really the only halfway decent batflick of the burton/schumacher bat franchise. big grin

laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>