If this is right. Israel are getting ready to clobber Iran!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060122/D8F9EEN00.html

Scary stuff!

Capt_Fantastic
It isn't a scary thought, as far as I'm concerned. It's a totally predictable situation in my eyes.

This speaks towards my thoughts on this matter:

One doesn't have to look too hard to see the Bush administrations sticky finger prints on this situation.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
It isn't a scary thought, as far as I'm concerned. It's a totally predictable situation in my eyes.

This speaks towards my thoughts on this matter:

One doesn't have to look too hard to see the Bush administrations sticky finger prints on this situation.

Oh - I think the militant group backlash on London, New York etc might be very scary CF.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Oh - I think the militant group backlash on London, New York etc might be very scary CF.

I agree. I'm not really saying it isn't scary. I'm saying it isn't "new" scary.

This is what happens with an escallation of agression. Both sides start acting out even more.

Sir Whirlysplat
I agree. I'm not really saying it isn't scary. I'm saying it isn't "new" scary.

fair point

Alpha Centauri
Considering the current world climate, you'd be surprised just how unprotected Britain is.

"We're upping the underground tube security to the highest and most vigilant it's ever been!"

I see errant train station security guards all the time with the gates open. I've just walked through without having my ticket checked many times. Militant groups will have a field day.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Considering the current world climate, you'd be surprised just how unprotected Britain is.

"We're upping the underground tube security to the highest and most vigilant it's ever been!"

I see errant train station security guards all the time with the gates open. I've just walked through without having my ticket checked many times. Militant groups will have a field day.

-AC

All true, the alert status was reduced in December though, god knows why!

Alpha Centauri
I think they just feel that the terrorists in Iran or Iraq, wherever, will just hear them say "Security has been increased" and think "F*ck, not going there now."

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
I think they just feel that the terrorists in Iran or Iraq, wherever, will just hear them say "Security has been increased" and think "F*ck, not going there now."

-AC

could be, could also be they think tourists will think London is safe again - A risky strategy either way.

Alpha Centauri
Some people will never think it's safe. My Mother was never the most keen of flyers, but she isn't even flying to vacation destinations anymore.

She won't go on trains or buses, it's sad.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Some people will never think it's safe. My Mother was never the most keen of flyers, but she isn't even flying to vacation destinations anymore.

She won't go on trains or buses, it's sad.

-AC

Then you would say, at least in regards to your mother, that the terrorists have succeeded in some small fashion?

Alpha Centauri
Absolutely.

I also see the side of "It's not freedom if I die." Meaning, if she went on a bus and got half her face blown off or worse, I'd not consider it a "victory".

It's a tricky situation. I think caution should be exercised but I don't believe in never using the public transport to such an extreme.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Absolutely.

I also see the side of "It's not freedom if I die." Meaning, if she went on a bus and got half her face blown off or worse, I'd not consider it a "victory".

It's a tricky situation. I think caution should be exercised but I don't believe in never using the public transport to such an extreme.

-AC

I agree. I use public transportation every day. And if a terrorist group bombed the Muni here, I'm not sure how I'd react. I think as a whole, public use of the subway here would drop like a rock. I'm, unfortunately, forced to believe that the terrorists of 9/11 and 7/7 acheived a large portion of their intended goals. Look at what happened to the US ecomony and teh airlines specifically. How has the British ecomomy been effected by terrorist activities?

Darth Jello
you guys do realize that before a military strike, technically mossad could make virtually any political assassination look like an accident, right?

Victor Von Doom
I agree. I use public transportation every day. And if a terrorist group bombed the Muni here, I'm not sure how I'd react. I think as a whole, public use of the subway here would drop like a rock. I'm, unfortunately, forced to believe that the terrorists of 9/11 and 7/7 acheived a large portion of their intended goals. Look at what happened to the US ecomony and teh airlines specifically. How has the British ecomomy been effected by terrorist sctivities?

It hasn't, really.

If you get the tube now, nothing has changed. For a few days people stayed away, and seemed edgy. I imagine the few people that do stay away had deeper issues that meant they aren't frequenters of public transport anyway.

Alpha Centauri
To be perfectly honest I believe that the impeccable work of our otherwise incompetant police force were the people responsible for easing a lot of the fears.

The bombers were caught fairly quickly.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic

The bombers were caught fairly quickly.

-AC

Well, the ones that were still alive, anyway.

But, I suppose that speaks to the efforts of the US forces in Afghanistan. How hard could it be to find an Arab man hooked to a kidney dialysis machine?

Julie
Why am I not surprised???
WArs...rumors of wars..... ick, I need a drink...of water:-)

Uberking Robert
I think 1 on 1 Iran wins but Israel's good pals with America, so they'll take it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.