Earth Prime Superboy runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Earth Prime Superboy decides to test his might against comic's strongest. This is the Superboy who single-handedly moved not just one, but MANY planets around into a specific formation. How does he do in a gauntlet against:

Savage Hulk
Earth 1 Superboy
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Apollo
King Hyperion
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Majestic
Thor
Mindless Hulk - after given time to heal, but being taunted by Superboy the whole time until he became Mindless
Sun-dipped Superman
All Star Superman
Sentry
Earth 2 Superman

Can he clear the gauntlet?

Avalonofthewind
Demi, I believe you are reffering to Superboy Prime.
I'm not sure there ever was an Earth-2 Superboy.

demigawd
The one who went hog wild in Infinite Crisis. Which one was that?

Wally West
Sun-dipped Superman
All Star Superman
Sentry

One of those stop him I think.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by demigawd
The one who went hog wild in Infinite Crisis. Which one was that?

That would be Superboy Prime.
Just for added information.
He doesn't have the red sun weakness at all.
Like Earth 2 Supes, he's probably immune to kryptonite that isn't from his original dimension.

demigawd
Cool. So what's your call, Avvy?

Avalonofthewind
At this time, I would say Martian Manhunter.
I would rank the list a bit differently for various reason but...

..Here is my reason for MM though. Superboy prime was the only superhero on his world. Technically it was the "Real" world. One day he suddenly manifested Pre-crisis Superman's powers, and then ended up meeting the real Supes (pre crisis of course.)

To condense the story, shortly after this, The Crisis happened and Superboy was locked up with 2 old people, and a powerful nerd. The death of everyone he knew. No hot chicks... He then watches Post crisis Superboy do ever he ever wanted to do and he has even less of a relation to Supes.

You can see how instability set in. MM takes advantage of the young teenage angst and forces SB Prime to break down...letting him mind control him.

Wally West
Hasn't Superboy Prime already beaten MM? He caught him off guard but it still only took him a couple of hits to put him down.

Avalonofthewind
Yea, he actually owned him pretty easily... I completely forgot about that with all the stuff I've been reading lately. Good call Wally.

In that case, he makes it to Sundipped or All Star Supes...he has a great chance of clearing the gauntlet though if he can keep his mind clear.

Lucid Lui
Well, we still haven't seen Superboy Prime fight anyone really around his level, so it's hard to say how he perfoms in that situation. Even so...

Gladiator could beat him. I'm talking optimal Glads, using his best showings. MM also takes him mainly due to TP. Majestic definately takes him. And the rest down from Sun-Dipped Supes also would.

That's just my opinion based on what we've seen of him so far. We can't really know how he performs against the upper tier until we see him fight somone like Superman or Earth 2 Supes.

Mider
who is king hyperion?

demigawd
He's the evil Hyperion who killed off all of his universe's heroes in Exiles. Thor, Hulk, etc. He even claimed to have killed his Galactus, though we don't know the circumstances of that battle.

The Ion
Sundipped Supes or the old E2 Supes are the only ones I can see taking him. The power to physically move planets and durability to match is too much for the rest of these guys.

leonidas
Originally posted by The Ion
Sundipped Supes or the old E2 Supes are the only ones I can see taking him. The power to physically move planets and durability to match is too much for the rest of these guys.

i agree. he was PHYSICALLY moving around planets. that is not a feat you see performed by non-cosmics (even cosmics don't do those things reguarly) everyday. but its more than just strength. all his other powers add up to his overwhelming almost anyone on the list. though to be honest i don't know much about allstar supes.

TheKahn
Well, a couple of people on this list have moved planets before, but what I think would tip the scale would be experience.

MM could just go intangeible and attack with tp, WonderWoman could use the GodWave, Gladiator might could hang with his as he was a pre-crisis superman ripoff, Majestic I've heard had "planet moving gloves" which just kept the planet together while he moved it, Thor would be physically outclassed but might could use Mjolnir to pull off a victory (ex. teleportation or GodForce blast), Sentry and AllStar Superman - who the hell knows what they can actually do?, and King Hyperion might could win if some of the stuff he claimed to do is true. So a lot of guys "could" win, but it would depend a lot on the circumstances of the fight.

leonidas
but mm would likely get speedblitzed first -- his tp definitely gives him a chance though. godwave is not a usual thing, and she'd likely be blitzed as well. thor COULD get a win, but again a big speed and sheer power advantage -- thor cannot move planets physically.

sundip and old supes are the only ones i see taking the majority, while the others may take a couple but would imo lose the majority.

ps-i've only seen majestic a couple times. it is possible he could win. don't know enough about him.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yup Singers film is forcing the Comics to give Supes his full powers back shifty Thank god.

Take that Silver Surfer!!!!!!

thesilverspider
Surfer still owns supes even after he gets his full power..........shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Surfer still owns supes even after he gets his full power..........shifty

I think not, Precrisis power to get new powers means he owns Baldy!

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I think not, Precrisis power to get new powers means he owns Baldy!
I know......... sad They should just give him back his old strength and speed but not the ability to make new powers from nowhere.

Sir Whirlysplat
I know......... sad They should just give him back his old strength and speed but not the ability to make new powers from nowhere.

He will own all!!!!!!!!! Again - thank god!

Up, Up and away - I'm getting a bit excited!

The Ion
Making up powers on the fly is just a result of careless writing. I'm sure that type of stuff wouldn't happen today. SBP sure didn't make make up an "Anti-Speedforce/Infinite Mass Punch" blast in IC#4.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
He will own all!!!!!!!!! Again - thank god!

Up, Up and away - I'm getting a bit excited!
Sounds like a job for superman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn DC and their silver age fetish............mad

thesilverspider
Making up powers on the fly is just a result of careless writing. I'm sure that type of stuff wouldn't happen today. SBP sure didn't make make up an "Anti-Speedforce/Infinite Mass Punch" blast in IC#4.
Well he is superboy not superman..................

The Ion
Well he is superboy not superman..................
Well he's going to grow up to be Superman dammit! Didn't you hear him?! He said so himself! mad

thesilverspider
Well he's going to grow up to be Superman dammit! Didn't you hear him?! He said so himself! mad
Well not anymore...........

and don't be mad inlove

The Ion
Superboy Prime will live forever!

cheap cabbage
He will live forever. DC just showed a toy with superboy prime wearing the anti-monitor armor. You can bet he comes back from where ever the speedsters too him

Mider
i think only superman prime and maybe not even superman prime should have those kind of powers that PC supes had i mean yeah im not a big fan of surfers popularity on here but PC supes is just rediculously over powered there is almost no need for villians cause he beats them no matter what they do ITS ANNOYING there is no story or real action i mean i actually saw a scan were superman said he had barred someone from the universe just using super speed vibrations thats just insanity and i heard someone say soul vision and blowing out stars with his super breath WHATTTTTT

Ex11B
Tell me,How many superman were there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.