Best Live concert?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
i was at Depeche Mode Saturday night, Out Of This World. Ive seen a few group live but this was amazing. No wonde it was sold out both nights.

Whats the best youve seen, or who can you recomend?

BobbyD
Funny, you mentioned this thread, Bic.

I've seen lots of concerts, and (for me to this day) the Scorpions sounded perfect....just like they were on a CD. I couldn't believe the clarity when I heard them play....amazed.

nas concert in central park (free admission)

^classic concert, bout the same time jay had his fade to black concert in MSG

ny peeps showing love to the king

SnakeEyes
After seeing numerous live shows, I'm gonna have to go with these bands as a top three (in no particular order):

-Avenged Sevenfold: I've seen em twice and each time they put on an amazing show. They pull off excellent guitar solos that I couldn't imagine playing, and they do it in style. Also, M. Shadow's vocals are very impressive. Each band member delivers to their fullest, and it shows.

-Green Day: I really respect these guys as performers. I saw them live a couple years ago and they were amazing as well. Billie Joe is one of the most energetic frontmen I've ever seen, but he's also very talented and does a great job controlling the crowd to however he wants them to act. As a band, they function very well and play their songs flawlessly.

-Fall Out Boy: Despite getting a bad rap in general, these guys are really good live. Their songs sound excellent live and watching them perform is even better. The guitarist/bassist put in an incredible amount of energy into all of the acrobatic moves they pull. Overall, they sound great and put on an even better performance (visually).

el_barto
The Who.

Victor Von Doom
Rammstein.

PINBALL
Green Day....it was my first concert and it was awsome best performers ive seen.

Arachnoidfreak
I hear Disturbed is great live, and also Tool is awesome live, but that's what I heard.

I have to go with GWAR though. They throw pigs blood on the mosh pit! WOOOT!

****ing freaky. I love it.

tabby999
Metallica - dont think i need to explain

The Matches - awsome live, very tight, put on a stellar show, 10/10 for me

Motion City Soundtrack - as above, they sound brilliant live and are energetic as hell.

frenzal rhomb - they're on all my lists

Myth
Rob Zombie was the best I've seen live. I've seen quite a bit too.

K.Diddy
I've only been to one, Matchbox 20

thumb up Went off

knight
I've only been to a FLEETWOOD MAC show
SAY YOU WILL: Feb' 2005

Shows that I would like to have been at

BIG COUNTRY - Final Fling:
Live At The The Glasgow Barrowlands
May 2000
Their Last Ever Gig, avalible on DVD

knight
THE KINKS
Phobia Tour '93
To The Bone Tour '96, their last every gig

1987 gig

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
I hear Disturbed is great live, and also Tool is awesome live, but that's what I heard.

I have to go with GWAR though. They throw pigs blood on the mosh pit! WOOOT!

****ing freaky. I love it.

Tool would be my second pick, but nothing can top seeing Rammstein live.

Alpha Centauri
Foo Fighters are one of the best live bands you'll see, I think.

-AC

tinkerbell668
I would have to say Green Day....They were just entertaining all together. Billie Joe entertained the audience and made them a part of the show which was really cool.

Furious Angel
nothing and i mean NOTHING can top the rolling stones in concert...even if i had nosebleed seats in madison square garden, it was amazing. these guys are such good performers, no offense to the rammstein and green day fans...

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Furious Angel
nothing and i mean NOTHING can top the rolling stones in concert...even if i had nosebleed seats in madison square garden, it was amazing. these guys are such good performers, no offense to the rammstein and green day fans...

they are pretty good live. i was impressed.

Mindless Self Indulgence was probably the most fun i've had at a concert (all 3 times i seen them).

Mars Volta - simply amazing. probably the best show ive seen.

-hh-
The Roots

Myth
Originally posted by StinkFist462

Mars Volta - simply amazing. probably the best show ive seen.

I was terribly disappointed by them live. His lyrics are too hard to hear, not the best sound quality. Although he was fun to watch dance around. Reminded me of Prince.

el_barto
The Who
The Clash
At the Drive-In
The Mars Volta
Green Day

Revernd Maynard
Wierd Al Yankovic...hands down no expression

that and TOOL

tabby999
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Foo Fighters are one of the best live bands you'll see, I think.

-AC

true, Grohl had 10,000 people eating out of his hand when i saw them, it was really good

occultdestroyer
Not a band nor a concert, but excellent live performance nonetheless... better than the studio version IMO.

mufMXsztzko

Maybe I should start a similar thread for solo artists

wicker_man
Iron Maiden - CIA 2006
Slipknot - Download Festival 2005
Akercocke - 10th Anniversary Show @ London Underworld 2008
Dark Tranquility - London Barfly 2008

occultdestroyer
_4qxPPPiYN4

WTF? O_O
How does she sing perfectly?

She's weird, but her voice is consistent live.. sounds a lot better than most artists, like Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus or Britney who terribly sucks live.

Probably one of the best singers out there right now.

Myth
So, its been a few years and I have to say Alice Cooper far and away put on the best show. He isn't close to my favorite musician, but he is unbelievable live. Its like a magic show with awesome music.

Darth Jello
Still Sonic Youth, by far.

jinXed by JaNx
Green Day
TSO
Dropkick Murphys
Metallica

AverageSavage
Torn between Radiohead, Neil Young and Electric Eel Shock.
Saw both Radiohead and Neil Young at Roskilde 08 and thought both were fantastic. Electric Eel Shock played at a local club almost a two years ago and they were the shit. Drunken, good old fashioned rock 'n' roll

Funkadelic
Prince
Stevie Wonder
George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic

XvampbenjiiX666
bury your dead
suicide silence
static x
black label society
mudvayne
...that was a great show

Myth
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
bury your dead
suicide silence
static x
black label society
mudvayne
...that was a great show

I saw that group this summer too. They were ok. BLS were easily my favorites of the bunch.

Rain Dog
Blur.

§P0oONY
Coldplay and Jay Z

occultdestroyer
Breaking Benjamin

AsbestosFlaygon
bptVcwBrpOU

Quincy
Weezer was pretty legit. Rivers was jumping on a trampoline while playing guitar and threw his instruments into the audience. Real high energy made it fun.

Darth Jello
Is anyone else turned off by props, pyrotechnics, and scripted ass clownery at shows?

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Is anyone else turned off by props, pyrotechnics, and scripted ass clownery at shows?

Nope. As long as there is something different to see, its fun. Though I was really disappointment by Green Day due to their scripting because they don't change anything from year to year. I remember seeing them and really liked them. Then about a year and a half later, they came back to my area and put on the exact same show. Exact. They used props that were fun the first time, but they used them in the exact same way with the same timing as they did in their previous showing. I have no problem with a band using gimmicks and such for a whole tour, but when you finish the tour, come up with something new for your next go around.

Darth Jello
I prefer bands who focus on music and winging it, maybe with the possible exception of GWAR. Most of the bands I've seen have been able to pack a show by just coming onstage and being high energy and occasionally smashing a guitar. Sonic Youth still holds attention simply by jamming and playing around with feedback and by preparing their guitars with screwdrivers and drumsticks and nail files.

The Nuul
Van Halen
U2

LL Cool J sucked and so did Choclair.

AsbestosFlaygon
gEQ06lGPKYI

AsbestosFlaygon
ZQ-FC3DLKwc

This dude is one bada$$ mofo!

NoCountry
muse is amazing in concert. i like mars volta but was really disappointed in them live

AsbestosFlaygon
Bjj4cj9hyCY

Tokio Hotel
Live in Athens, Greece

Honestly, there's too many bands to name that are all excellent live.. except for the ones that use Autotune

AsbestosFlaygon
ov-kgN4YVTk

The bass player @ 2:02-2:07 KILLED it!

This live performance is better than the studio version, imho.

Pezmerga
Rush is my favorite live band.
Also enjoyed Muse , Arcade Fire, The White Stripes and LCD Soundsystem.

AsbestosFlaygon
jkMGf2_NKvs

This performance was PERFECTION!
Sounds almost exactly like the studio version.

Coldplay is sooo awesome live.

darthchucky
Originally posted by el_barto
The Who.

AbnormalButSane
Eddie Money/ZZ Top/Lynyrd Skynyrd

What a line-up

Cartesian Doubt
Ladies and Gentlemen .... "TOOOOOO MANNNYYY DJ'S"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQoFohlYPyE&feature=related

http://www.soulwax.com/potwnd/loop/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQmTW1wlzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19eAVlbt8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFOesaWKFeQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNP7Nh2CSY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEWD5FTW-s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuc4dsKZWDA&feature=related

Full English breakfast - beer LARRY nesss.

No party on earth compares to one with the boys from Belgium.

Apart from these guys :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmjR0Uxprg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2XxMYEKwZk&feature=related

But I haven't had the pleasure of partying with Justice Yet sad

edwinian
When I saw Ben Harper live a few summers back he was incredible energetic and impressive!

Pezmerga
I06T6M6R0Cc

Scythe
For me it's GWAR. I've been to so many of their shows growing up. Good, good fun.

AsbestosFlaygon
uR6NVbD3Qd43Ga_-t_0B9g

Posted the studio version and the live performance for comparison

Ugly Casanova
For me it's been:

Modest Mouse,
Blur,
Iggy and the Stooges,
Neil Young,
Bruce Springsteen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.