007s Rock, real or fake. Q must be proud!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4639782.stm

Q&A: 'British spy rock'

A flap concealed the technology inside the alleged fake rock
Russia's intelligence agency, the FSB, has accused British agents of storing and exchanging classified information using a fake rock on a Russian street.
It says the hi-tech stone is "absolutely new spy technology". The UK has not commented on the rock allegation.

The BBC News website's technology correspondent Mark Ward considers how such a rock might work, and the potential pitfalls of such technology.

Ushgarak
Rocks are an old British spy trick. During the Troubles, they used to make copies of rocks found outside the houses of suspected IRA members- with cameras inside. A quick switch gave an almost undetectable surveillance tool. They weren't wireless, but all you needed to do was swap the rock back to get the film.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Rocks are an old British spy trick. During the Troubles, they used to make copies of rocks found outside the houses of suspected IRA members- with cameras inside. A quick switch gave an almost undetectable surveillance tool. They weren't wireless, but all you needed to do was swap the rock back to get the film.

Are you Q Ush?

overlord
No, he's big brother and watching YOU!!
He knows everything.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by overlord
No, he's big brother and watching YOU!!
He knows everything.

shifty I still have some secrets, trust me!

Hit_and_Miss
Every country spys on everyone else!

Seems to me that the russians suddenly noticing they were being spied on is a bit of a co-incidence concidering the timing...

Could this be the start of something major??

GCG
Timing ?

Why ? Whats happened ?

Hit_and_Miss
russians have cut the gas and elec to some of there neighbouring countries...

Magee
Ohhh the paranoia kicks in, hello next world war roll eyes (sarcastic)

GCG
Oh; but thats cause Ukraine was syphoning gas from Russian pipelines passing through its territory to Germany, Italy,...etc.

I tell you that England & Russia are not enemies, but neither are they friends.

Hit_and_Miss
I don't know much about the situations in the east... Just thought it was a little odd that they suddenly find a spy now...

I don't think russia is in a possistion to start a war...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I
I don't think russia is in a possistion to start a war...

I try and avoid "possistions" smile

Hit_and_Miss
Sorry my spell checker isn't working.... I'll try to avoid long words...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Sorry my spell checker isn't working.... I'll try to avoid long words...

shifty little voice says "shut up Whirly, it would be far to easy!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.