Steelers or Seahawks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
What do you think fellas?

I'm leaning towards Pitt....stifling D, composed of fast/athletic LBs, an aggresive Dline, and Polamalu (who's seemingly everywhere).

Not a knock on Seattle, but I don't think win. Plus, the Steelers make a better story....the Bus going home n' all.

KENobi™
Not a fan of either, but I have a feeling Steelers are winning it.

DanZeke25
Steelers are gonna win it, but I want the Seahawks.

Myth
SEAHAWKS! If they win it will be the ultimate Super Bowl for me. Portland embraces Seahawks as their home team.

PINBALL
I am from around seattle have been a hawk fan forever and i know they will win because....
Better Quarter Back
Better Running Back
Better O line
Better Wide Recievers(As a whole they do have Hines ward but over all Seahawks have better)
I dont really know now after watching how dominant the Seahawks D is so ill say its a toss up between the two.
I think the Hawks Offense will be too much even for Polamalu and the other guys I say Hawks win 27-14

WrathfulDwarf
I wish the Seahawks best of luck. Is their first superbowl so their fans deserved to celebrate.

alic88
steelers for me. They've got it going right for them

PINBALL
Yeah so theyve got lucky...
Carson Palmer out for season and on the first play a 60 yard pass so they got lucky
They are lucky to have made it past the colts they couldnt hold there lead and got lucky when Vanderjact missed and hes the most accurate kicker the the history of the NFL
The Broncos looked like theyve never played a game of football in their lives.
Out of all the teams this is the ideal matchup for the hawks the WORST in the AFC VS. The BEST in the NFC

forumcrew
i wouldnt call Pitt the worst in the AFC.. Im an avid seattle fan and I think its going to be a tough matchup although sorta rediculous seattle is a 4 point dog. Pitt has been playing extremely well. Especially Big Ben he has matured a ton since last year simply stoping pitt's run game no longer garuntees anything. It should be a great game for sure, and I hope Seattle wins, but once again pinball you are making yourself and seattle fans look ignorant with your comments.. also dexx is prolly gonna want this in the NFL thread.

PINBALL
OK let me say this
You say that the Steelers run game is no longer really reliable correct?
The same thing happened against the panthers, Steve Smith is more of a threat than any Steeler reciever and Delhomme is a better Q. Ben has done good lately, Seattle will come out just like they did against Carolina and play the pass. Im not saying this is going to be easy. Remember that everybody was doubting the Hawks last week and the absolutly murdered the Panthers it was never a contest.
How am I making all seahawk fans look ignorant? Im just voicing my oponion
Oh yeah and I meant Pittsburg was the worst coming into the Playoffs and in the Seahawks best interest this is the ideal matchup for them.

DanZeke25
I think the ideal matchup would have been against the Jaguars.

PINBALL
No they beat the hawks so they have an idea how we play we havnt played the steelers in a while...

forumcrew
i dont think pitt was the worst going into the playoffs dont be fooled bye the seeding #, it is after all just a number. Id rather seattle play any team but Indy if it wasnt Pitt because I think Pitt is such a tough team. I didnt say anything bad about the Pitt run game either, I said they no longer have to relly just on the run, panthers had to relly on just the pass and to only 1 WR, Pitt has 2 quality RB's and 3 pretty good WR's and a good TE it gives Seattle WAY more to worry about. The Jags only beat seattle early on because holmgren abondoned the run game really really early when alexander was averaging around 5 yards a carry anyway.. seattles a much better team then they were then, and the jags are worse and were the worst team in the playoffs on the AFC side by far.

PINBALL
Well I think that they no longer have a run game the bus is out of gas they do have big ben and Ward im not against them i just think that there passing game is much more of a threat than there run game i honestly believe that the Hawks will bring Seattle its first Super Bowl

GABRIEL05
Originally posted by PINBALL
Yeah so theyve got lucky...
Carson Palmer out for season and on the first play a 60 yard pass so they got lucky
They are lucky to have made it past the colts they couldnt hold there lead and got lucky when Vanderjact missed and hes the most accurate kicker the the history of the NFL
The Broncos looked like theyve never played a game of football in their lives.
Out of all the teams this is the ideal matchup for the hawks the WORST in the AFC VS. The BEST in the NFC

First of all there were some key calls that should have been in the Steelers favor that went in the Colts favor (Namely when Polamalu got that interception with good field position and it was challenged and deemed incomplete). And yes, Bettis ****ed up proceeded by Vanderjagt, but it was not a matter of luck that Pittsburgh beat the Colts.

BobbyD
Go Steelers! I have nothing against the Seahawks, but I just like the Steelers a little more. smile

botankus
Better Wide Recievers(As a whole they do have Hines ward but over all Seahawks have better)

This guy's entire analysis cracked me up, but this point in particular had me rolling.

"No hands" Jackson vs. Ward - uh, let me think on this one...after further review, advantage to Ward by a few light years.
Engram vs. Randle El - Randle El. This is probably where you'd disagree. Fine. Just don't retract your statement after one of El's punt return TD.
Jurevicious vs. Wilson - split

Warrick vs. Washington - this is not that important of a matchup as the other ones. Besides, Warrick's been a real demon against the Steelers in the past, let me tell ya roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have to include the tight ends as far as the receiving game goes. Miller is a much better target than Stevens for their respective offensive systems and thus, more valuable.

Nothing against the Seahawks - they're a good team and all - but to predict a blowout when 7 of their wins were against SF, SF, STL, STL, HOU, ARZ, & ARZ is borderline psychotic.

botankus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I wish the Seahawks best of luck. Is their first superbowl so their fans deserved to celebrate.

If the Steelers won, it would be their first since 1979. That would put Steelers fans 30 and under in the same boat as Seahawks fans as far as never experiencing a Super Bowl win (or being old enough to appreciate it).

And last time I checked Steeler fans flood all fields cross-country while Seahawk fans voted 80% in 2001 they they could care less if the Seahawks moved to the NFC, so I think Steeler fans would appreciate a win juuuust (if not 1000x) a bit more...

forumcrew
Originally posted by botankus
This guy's entire analysis cracked me up, but this point in particular had me rolling.

"No hands" Jackson vs. Ward - uh, let me think on this one...after further review, advantage to Ward by a few light years.
Engram vs. Randle El - Randle El. This is probably where you'd disagree. Fine. Just don't retract your statement after one of El's punt return TD.
Jurevicious vs. Wilson - split

Warrick vs. Washington - this is not that important of a matchup as the other ones. Besides, Warrick's been a real demon against the Steelers in the past, let me tell ya roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have to include the tight ends as far as the receiving game goes. Miller is a much better target than Stevens for their respective offensive systems and thus, more valuable.

Nothing against the Seahawks - they're a good team and all - but to predict a blowout when 7 of their wins were against SF, SF, STL, STL, HOU, ARZ, & ARZ is borderline psychotic.

im a big seattle fan but i pretty much agree with your overall assesment.
Jackson is much improved and stepped up HUGE vs the Skins but he is not even close to Hines Ward.
Randle El is very dynamic and with his Special Teams play is prolly a little more valuable than Engram but that is a close one.
Jurvecivious over wilson is no split though, JJ takes that one easy the man had a huge year having to step up to the #1 WR role and did a hell of a job doing it.
Id prolly go with DJ Hacket over Warrick as far as their 4th WR I know it may not be listed that way, but DJ saw 3 times the time warrick did this year and way out played him, either way going to a 4th WR is not important except for injuries.
On the TE I really think highly of Stevens but Miller has been a great target for Big Ben as well. Stevens had slightly better numbers but not a huge deal I'd call this one a draw.

BobbyD
Hmm, interesting comment, Botankus.

PINBALL
Okay....
Joe is way better first of all
Jeremy stevens is much more of a threat
Darrel Jackson has improved so much its almost scary I cant remember this season the last time he dropped a pass.
lastly, its not the Hawks fault they play easy teams those teams they also BLEW them all away.

Smasandian
I think Seahawks will edge out the Steelers.

I think they have a better offense than the Steelers.
And I think they're defense right now, is playing expectionaly well.
Steelers have also played really well.
So its a tough choice.

Pinball is somewhat right.
What would these playoffs be if Carson Palmer didnt get ****ed up on the first passing play?

I wouldnt be surpraised if the Colts would of been playing in the big game.

botankus
Originally posted by Smasandian
What would these playoffs be if Carson Palmer didnt get ****ed up on the first passing play?

Will everybody please give this a ****ing rest? His injury happened, and it was what it was. I'm sorry if the Bungholes don't have 52 other players that could hold anyone else's jock on the Steelers - maybe that's something their shitty front office can address in the offseason. Maybe if enough Bengal fans ***** and complain about it, Marvin Lewis will actually develop a game plan the next time Carson has to sit his stupid ass on the bench.

Sorry, for the ranting, but I've heard more about Carson Palmer and Ed Hockuli the past 3 weeks than I've heard about any sort of Steeler's analysis. It's very rare that a team gets to the Super Bowl and I keep hearing on NFL Network and the radio that Bengal fans say they should have been there, blah blah blah. Hopefully one day the Bengals will move their sh*thole of a team to Idaho and perhaps develop some real fans.

BobbyD
Botankus, I couldn't agree with you more. It's sad that people use the injury of Carson Palmer as an excuse. What's more is that the Steelers beat Peyton Manning at home!!!! So this supercedes any support for the Palmer argument. On top of that, the bengals were playing lousy football going into the playoffs and many experts had them losing their frist game to the Steelers anyhow. Plus, the Steelers were hot, and they still are.

Face it people, wether you like the Steelers or not, whether you think they are lucky or not, or whether you think they are good or not, or a combination of some or all of the above-they are playing the best football right now, period. The Steelers have bested better foes than the Seahawks, and ALL on the road so I don't see what the argument is here.

Howeve, this is just like March Madness, the team that wins the NCAA basketball championship is sometimes not really the best team. The same principle applies in the Super Bowl though so one can not discount the Seahawks chances of winning it either....just have to be the better team THAT day, not the best team in the league. wink

botankus
I agree, Bobby D, and I have tremendous respect for the Seahawks and what Holmgren has done to increase their level of play by 100% over last year's bunch of inexperienced buffoons. They have hardly any weaknesses and I expect a close game.

I heard Lincoln Kennedy on NFL Network last night talk about how the Seahawks struggled with the 3-4 earlier this year against Dallas. They had trouble picking up the speed on the edges and Shaun Alexander often couldn't get from behind the line of scrimmage without being tackled. I feel this could be a big factor in the Super Bowl. I know Seattle won against Dallas, but the offense really struggled and it took a late score to do it.

forumcrew
something to remember about palmer's injury is Kitna didnt play that bad, his worst performance came once they were a good bit behind. Granted I think Cinci had a much better chance if Palmer didnt go down, but sorry bengal fans, Indy would be in the superbowl if Cinci beat Pitt.. but ah well that didnt happen.

PINBALL
I agree with many points stated. The super bowl will be a close well fought game I am just saying the points i feel should be said. Both teams have stepped it it when they really needed to. You say the Hawks arent playing anybody good. I mean thats not our fault and by the way those games wernt even close.

darthvader_fan
Hey there both good teams so i think itll be a close one

GO SEAHAWKS

i only hate the steelers because they kept chiefs out of playoffs

Smasandian
Hey Botankus,

It was just a question. Calm down.

I'm not saying that the Bengals would of won or lost. Nonbody knows what would happened if the Palmer didnt get injured. But, who's to say the Steelers would of automatically won.

The Seahawks game against Dallas was won because of the play of Bledsoe. Dallas should of won that game, but Bledsoe played like a turkey. But that was 14 or so weeks ago, shit changes. Steelers are playing really hot, but that sometimes backfires, especially if the Seahawks get a couple of scores at the start.

PINBALL
The Hawks have too good of an offense for the Steelers to stop even with troy. I also couldn't agree more with Smasandian.

botankus
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
i only hate the steelers because they kept chiefs out of playoffs

By losing to Dallas and the Giants in December, and since the Chiefs held the tiebreaking edge over the Steelers, it was the Chiefs who kept the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

GABRIEL05

... while Seahawk fans voted 80% in 2001 they they could care less if the Seahawks moved to the NFC

Fair weather *******

Pezmerga
The Only reason I want the Steelers to lose, is because their fans are jackasses that annoy me more then any other group of people on this planet. =P

Smasandian
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
Fair weather *******

Yeah..
Fair weather.

It rains there all the time, so shut the **** up.Also, they're just not into their team like people are with the Steelers.

forumcrew
seahawk fans are pretty into the team.. they are said to have the best home field advantage in the NFL in terms of noise mainly. Seattle has only had ONE championship and that was the Sonics in 76 i believe.. the Mariners have had several amazing years and never made it to the series, Sonics were a bit of a let down in the playoffs and the seahawks also never a superbowl appearance or even a playoff win in the past 22 years.... believe me Seattle fans WANT this

botankus
Hey, when you get a chance, check out this thread in the GDF.

forumcrew
lol

devilsreject304
I think the Seahawks have got this one won already. My bet is going for the Hawks.

bordom
I'm going for the steelers... just cause they are doing pretty good lately... embarrasment

PINBALL
And the Hawks arnt good there in the Super Bowl

forumcrew
And the Hawks arnt good there in the Super Bowl

the hawks have never played in a superbowl what do you mean they arnt good in the superbowl? also check out the guy who is supposed to lead Pitt to victory...

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/firstbenpicture.jpg

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/secondbenpicture.jpg

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/thirdbenpicture.jpg

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/fourthbenpicture.jpg

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/fifthbenpicture.jpg

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/its-good-to-be-big-ben-151809.php

Smasandian
Oh come on, he can still have fun.

He's still a young guy hahaha.

forumcrew
the pics are also prolly from his college days sitll funny.. mainly the last one

Smasandian
Yeah, he's pretty wasted.

BobbyD
laughing

Mr Parker
yeah pitt is gonna win the whole thing.I have said from the very beginning that the team from thre AFC will win the whole thing because the AFC has all the dominating teams.I mean going into denver and beating the broncos up at mile high where they have always played so well in the past in the playoffs has always been a snakepit for visiting teams,yet they had no problem with it.the three best teams in the nfl right now are denver,new england and pittsburgh.I have said all along that if pitt made it past the broncos in denver,they would go all the way,their hungrier for it more so than seattle and again,the AFC has all the dominating teams right now.

stunna1773
i'd go with the steelers

PINBALL
Mr parker you are right and wrong
The three best teams in the NFL are....
Steelers
Seahawks
Bronocs
No way New England should be on that list there good but not that good. The hawks will win becuase....
Better QB(has much more experience)
Better O line
As a whole The hawks recievers and TE are better. The steelers do have hines ward and El but the Hawks were able to contain steve smith and he is better than any reviever in this game. The defenses are close but Steelers have a slight edge but the Hawks #1 offense will overpower them.

Darth Macabre
Steelers
Seahawks
Bronocs
No way New England should be on that list there good but not that good. The hawks will win becuase....
Better O line
As a whole The hawks recievers and TE are better. The steelers do have hines ward and El but the Hawks were able to contain steve smith and he is better than any reviever in this game. The defenses are close but Steelers have a slight edge but the Hawks #1 offense will overpower them.

What do you mean Hasselbeck has more experience? Roethlisberger has more playoff experience.

Both qb's have no superbowl experience in the least. Therefore if you're going by experience you would have to go by playoffs. That category clearly goes to Big Ben.

And the Hawks' corners are a weakness for Big Ben to exploit.

Dr. Strangelove
I just don't know what to expect with Seattle. They have looked dominate but then they haven't beaten anyone other than teams in the terrible NFC. They could be a truly great team, or they could be just a good team who's faced inferior competition all year.

I think the big factor is going to be Troy Polamalu. That guy is redefining the safety position as we know it. He's going to be all over Hasselback.

PINBALL
Theyve beaten teams in the AFC im not saying the NFC is good its not, there are some good teams, and Matt has more playoff games than Ben. He has not done as good as ben but he isnt going to collapse under pressure like ben has.

Dr. Strangelove
Theyve beaten teams in the AFC im not saying the NFC is good its not, there are some good teams, and Matt has more playoff games than Ben. He has not done as good as ben but he isnt going to collapse under pressure like ben has.

They've beat the Titans, Texans, and Colts. The first two suck ass and the Colts win came after the Colts had clinched everything. So they still haven't faced anybody good.

The only teams that the Seahawks beat, in the regular season, that were noteworthy were the Cowboys and the Giants. And the Giants game was the infamous Feely massacre where the Giants should've won the game three different times if not for their kicker missing easy field goals. Both of their playoff games weren't all that impressive considering: the Redskins would be 6-10 in the AFC and the Panthers were down to their fifth string running back. Not saying the Hawks are bad, just that there is no way to tell.

Actually, Ben has been in 5 playoff games while Matt has only been in 4. Experience really doesn't come in to play here either way, really. Both quarterbacks have experienced defeat in the playoffs and both have improved from their mistakes.

Smasandian
It's a toss up.

I'm going for Seahawks because they have an Canadian on thier team.

EDIT: Or a wife of his is an Canadian. And he plays in Beer leagues. Yes!!!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
They've beat the Titans, Texans, and Colts. The first two suck ass and the Colts win came after the Colts had clinched everything. So they still haven't faced anybody good.

The only teams that the Seahawks beat, in the regular season, that were noteworthy were the Cowboys and the Giants. And the Giants game was the infamous Feely massacre where the Giants should've won the game three different times if not for their kicker missing easy field goals. Both of their playoff games weren't all that impressive considering: the Redskins would be 6-10 in the AFC and the Panthers were down to their fifth string running back. Not saying the Hawks are bad, just that there is no way to tell.

Actually, Ben has been in 5 playoff games while Matt has only been in 4. Experience really doesn't come in to play here either way, really. Both quarterbacks have experienced defeat in the playoffs and both have improved from their mistakes.

I agree with you a hundred percent. And you also put that Big ben has more playoff experience before I got the chance to. Thanks.

PINBALL
Okay Okay ur saying Feely should have made those, what about the colts game.... they were so lucky to have won that game....
GO HAWKS

darthvader_fan
yes agreed
go hawks

boo steelers, they kept the chiefs out of playoffs

Who do you think will get MVP award

Darth Macabre
yes agreed
go hawks

If the steelers win probably Big ben, Troy, or the Bus.

If the Hawks win probably Hassleback, Alexander, or Dyson.

Deathblow
Originally posted by forumcrew
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/fifthbenpicture.jpg

Oh man, that's gold laughing out loud

I'd love to see the Hawks take it (mainly cos my cousin is a rabid Steelers boy), and I actually think they will, they've been impressive all year and I heard they're expected to be favorites on the day, narrow favorites, and odds mean shit most of the time, but still.

I can already see Hass picking bits of those Pittsburgh bitches outta his teeth smokin'

-hh-
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Steelers are gonna win it, but I want the Seahawks. exactly what i was gnona say.

Dr. Strangelove
Okay Okay ur saying Feely should have made those, what about the colts game.... they were so lucky to have won that game....
GO HAWKS

Like I said, that game doesn't count as the Colts were resting their top players.

Revernd Maynard
Go Seahawks

devilsreject304
I put 20 bucks on the Seahawks!!!!

Master Naresh
Steelers would win but steelers vs. chargers would have been good

Mr Parker
yes agreed
go hawks

thats why I love them steelers evern better now,they kept the kansas city clowns from making the playoffs. big grin Happy Dance

Mr Parker
Steelers
Seahawks
Bronocs
Better O line

are you kidding? The patriots were decimated with major injurys all year long and yet still made it to the divisonal playoff game winning thier last 6 out of 8 I believe.for that I would put them ahead of seattle.I would like to seattle play the kind of competition the patriots have played against all year long and see how far they get.like stranglelove said,the only real competion the seahawks have faced all year long is the cowboys and giants which like he said,the giants should have won that game.yes the seahawks have a good O LINE but they havent faced a defense the likes of the steelers yet,and like doc said,bbig ben has more playoff experience than hasselback does.also Big ben has played in some very hostile environments going to indy and beating the colts then beating the broncos in denver which aagain is a snakepit for visiting teams.where hasselback has had the luxury of playing his only two playoff games in the confines of seattle where they have the benefit of the 12th man,something he will not enjoy being on a neatutral site this time.also like doctor strangelove said,they have just played inferious competition all year long where the AFC has all the dominating teams.steelers also have edge because they want it more,they want it for the bus and are playing with heart and desire.seattle is also Im sure but not with the same kind of heart and dewsire the steelers have.edge steelers.this is their year baby.

Smasandian
Seattle won that game against the Giants. Not the Giants losing it.

You say this is Steelers year?

So why throughout the whole season, you go on to say its the Bronco's year?

This whole arguement that Big Ben has more playoff experience over Hasselback is somewhat lacking. Big Ben has one more playoff game than Hasselback. Is that such a huge advantage? Hell no.

Ladyluck
Go Steelers. w00t

Mr Parker

This whole arguement that Big Ben has more playoff experience over Hasselback is somewhat lacking. Big Ben has one more playoff game than Hasselback. Is that such a huge advantage? Hell no.

err try the last 2 months,I only started posting about the NFL in december here.But while I was saying that I believed that the broncos and the patriots were the two best teams in the NFL before the playoffs began,I DID acknowledge that after the steelers beat the colts that I may be wrong,that the steelers may be the best team in the NFL this year.I did not think the steelers would make it past the colts but once they did,the way they totally confused peytom manning in that game,I said that I might be wrong that the steelers were the best team in the NFL this year.that they might be the broncos.i also said that after they beat the broncos they would win the superbowl because the AFC has more dominating teams than the NFC does and that beating the broncos would be the steelers toughest test.

Darth Macabre

Who said it was a huge advantage? I was simply stating that Big Ben in fact has more experience then Hasselbeck.

El_NINO
STEALERS WILL WIN!!!

Pezmerga
Originally posted by El_NINO
STEALERS WILL WIN!!!

Thanks to the Refs.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Pezmerga
Thanks to the Refs.

Either way, take away Big Ben's first T.D. the Steelers still win.

Pezmerga
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Either way, take away Big Ben's first T.D. the Steelers still win.

Nope that was a TD, it was called correctly (too close to tell, if it had not been called a TD on the Field then that should have been upheld as well.)

That Offensive Pass Intereference in the first quatrter on Jackson was bull.
That holding Call in the second half on the play that would have put seattle on the 1 yard line was bull.
and that Gadget play to Randle El, had Steelers holding like no other.

Seattle did blow some chances, but that was not a fair game.

OB1-adobe
Nope that was a TD, it was called correctly (too close to tell, if it had not been called a TD on the Field then that should have been upheld as well.)

That Offensive Pass Intereference in the first quatrter on Jackson was bull.
That holding Call in the second half on the play that would have put seattle on the 1 yard line was bull.
and that Gadget play to Randle El, had Steelers holding like no other.

Seattle did blow some chances, but that was not a fair game.

If it was "too close" to call doesn't mean it was a touchdown. If I was an official I wouldn't have called that a touchdown.

Seriously, what the hell was he thinking?

It was like he was going in is head: "Well jeez it kinda looked, but I blinked....oh hell with it TOUCHDOWN!!!"

DiamondBullets
Great Game!

I won fiddy bucks!

Big ups to Bettis and Polamalu!!!!

Pezmerga
well he did call it that, and it was too close to overturn. I can live with that call, it was very close.

Also how about that horsecollar that wasnt called? or that bogus Lowblock penalty on Matt hasselbeck? THE GUY WAS TACKLING.

OB1-adobe
well he did call it that, and it was too close to overturn. I can live with that call, it was very close.

Also how about that horsecollar that wasnt called? or that bogus Lowblock penalty on Matt hasselbeck? THE GUY WAS TACKLING.

Hasselback: I see that kind of move every sunday like it is no big deal.

I'm not a conspiracy theory kinda guy, but seriously man, something was a-foot with the officials

DiamondBullets
Thanks to the Refs.

Dude, even without that "controversial" TD by Roethlisberger, the Seacocks still woulda lost.

Pezmerga
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Dude, even without that "controversial" TD by Roethlisberger, the Seacocks still woulda lost.

wanna know something? I liked that call, I thought it was in.

Im talking about the 2 TDS they stole from Seattle.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...345&sortBy=null

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=59713
im not the only one who thinks they got jipped. ALOT of people do, and Im not putting the Steelers down, but seriously as a fan of football arent you concerned by this? Its been horrible all year, heck just look how they tried to hand the game to the Colts when you played them.

forumcrew
this was a horrible year for the refs, and maybe the worst reffing in superbowl history. Im not saying seattle would have won for sure, but there were 4 controversial calls. The DJ touchdown should have counted, the Big Ben one should not have, The 3rd down pass to Stevens should have counted because there was no hold (which would have given seattle 1st and goal on the 2 and alexander wasnt getting stoped all game) and the mack strong run which got a 1st down but was given a god awful spot.

I just dont like the refs playing any role in the outcome of such a big game.. it just shouldnt happen. I watched this game with a ton of Steeler fans and they were barely excited to win because they felt it was such a badly called game they cant truly appreciate it.

oh i forgot the darrel jackson play rulled out of bounds where his foot hit the pylon and he had control.. by the rule back that should count. and calling the penalty on matt for making a great tackle was BS so thats 6 horrible calls by my count.

Pezmerga
http://new.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html

Sing this Petition.

Dr. Strangelove
The only two calls that Seattle got screwed was the Hasslebeck penalty and maybe the holding call.

Please STOP with saying Rothesburger didn't get in. It was impossible to tell.

And maybe if Seattle didn't screw up in the end of both halves and Stevens didn't drop balls in three crucial plays, Seattle wouldn't have lost.

The Raiders got screwed in the tuck rule in the Snow bowl a few years ago but know what. They also had a 3rd and 1 which would've WON the game if they got a first. They couldn't get a measely one yard and lost. They didn't deserve to win the the game which is true for Seattle. Seattle had their chances but blew them- the better team won.

forumcrew
so you mean to say Darrel Jackson commited offensive pass interference strangelove? and that mack strong didnt lose a yard or 2 on the spot of the ball? buy a TV if you think so.

and again im not saying Seattle would have won for sure, al though they likely would have because pitt played miserable most of the game, but the reffs shouldnt have a HUGE impact on MANY plays.

OB1-adobe
so you mean to say Darrel Jackson commited offensive pass interference strangelove? and that mack strong didnt lose a yard or 2 on the spot of the ball? buy a TV if you think so.

and again im not saying Seattle would have won for sure, al though they likely would have because pitt played miserable most of the game, but the reffs shouldnt have a HUGE impact on MANY plays.

I'm not saying they Seattle should have won either.

But I know this:

Pitts had 2 official touchdowns

Seattle had one official TD, one taken away, and one probable (the way they were moving the ball I think they would have punched it in from the 1 yard line) taken away.

Thats a 21-14 game

PINBALL
Well I guess since Pittsburg cant win on their own they need a bunch of help from the officials. Congradulations Refs you won Super Bowl XL

Dr. Strangelove

Yes, and he did. If you arm goes out to create space between you and your defender, it is a penalty. That is what I saw and that is what the ref's saw. Good call.

Not sure what play you're talking about with Strong.

Don't need anymore TV's, thank you.

Wouda, shoulda, coulda. I've seen all my favorite teams (Kings, Raiders, A's) get bad calls against them in the playoffs that were way worse than this game. But know what!!! They also had many chances to win the series/game. They didn't capitalize on their opportunities lost because of it.

Seattle screwed themselves more than the ref's.

OB1-adobe
Yes, and he did. If you arm goes out to create space between you and your defender, it is a penalty. That is what I saw and that is what the ref's saw. Good call.

Not sure what play you're talking about with Strong.

Don't need anymore TV's, thank you.

Wouda, shoulda, coulda. I've seen all my favorite teams (Kings, Raiders, A's) get bad calls against them in the playoffs that were way worse than this game. But know what!!! They also had many chances to win the series/game. They didn't capitalize on their opportunities lost because of it.

Seattle screwed themselves more than the ref's.

Read this over, then tell me what you think:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=20060205023

Stats wise, I'd say Seattle is the better team. Hasselback threw way better than Ben did. So the steelers had 40 yards more rushing. Woop-di-doo

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Read this over, then tell me what you think:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=20060205023

Stats wise, I'd say Seattle is the better team. Hasselback threw way better than Ben did. So the steelers had 40 yards more rushing. Woop-di-doo

Do stats tell the story of how Seattle screwed up at the end of both halves? or how Seattle couldn't make the big play unlike Pitt? or how Seattle couldn't stop 3RD and 28?

Yards are nice and all but does it really matter when your third down effiency is at 29%?

xkalybr
Don't care who won the Superbowl, but IMO, the refs called a very bad game. They favored the Steelers and gave them all the calls.

Daryl Jackson TD in the 1st QT was a TD, but they said offensive pass interference because D. Jackson pushed off. Very iffy and questionable call.

Daryl Jackson caught a 2nd TD and they said he was out of bounds. Tell me anyone, if one foot is in bounds and the other brushes the pile on (orange foam stick in the end zone) isn't that a TD? I thought the pile on being touched meant TD all the time.

Ben Rothesliberger's TD looked like he was stopped on the one yard line. The ball was around his chest area when he was tackled.

Late in the 4th, Pittsburg tackled a Seattle WR with a blatant horse collar tackle. Even Al Michaels said it was a horse collar, and the refs never called it. Two plays later, Hasselbeck threw the INT.

Madden remarked about a holding call against Seattle which was very questionable. Instead of the ball on the 1 yard line, they got pushed back to like the 30 yard line.

I repeat, I don't care who won the game. I'm a Giants fan, but the refs were favoring Pittsburg this game.

Opinions???

Smasandian
It was bad officiating.

The biggest were the holding call, the block below the belt, the non-td (I'm sorry but thats not offensive pass inteference), and the horse tackle.

That holding call would of given Seattle the ball on the one. The block below the belt would of given the Steelers the ball near the 20 instead near the 40, that td would of change the whole outcome of the game, and if it didnt, the last drive for Seattle would of been completly different, the horse tackle, the less severe of miscalls, still would of given better field position for Seattle.

I dont know about the other Jackson td catch with cone, I am not too sure about the exact ruling about it, but I'm pretty sure if you hit the cone, its a td. But Im not totally sure.

Big Ben's TD was the correct call. I think he didnt cross the line, but theyre wasnt enough evidence to overturn. But it was funny that the line judge first called it on the 1, then changed his mind soon afterwards. What change his mind?

devilsreject304
That was a very boring and stupid superbowl. I personally like the Cowboys the most anyway.

WrathfulDwarf
this was a horrible year for the refs, and maybe the worst reffing in superbowl history.

Correction....this was a horrible year for the players that had put up with these idiotic refs all season.

forumcrew
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205

article by skip bayless who pick the steelers to win and has no respect for seattle..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683
Michael smith a senior writer for espn.com

if you dont trust espn, heres cbssportsline.
http://www.sportsline.com/general/story/9211623?controversial2062006

BobbyD
Yes, this was not a pretty Super Bowl. Yes, the officiating was suspect. Yes, Seattle did NOT play better football than the Steelers. If they clearly played better football, I could say that they were "hosed". But, I can't say that, despite the Steelers having played a marginally better game.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Super Bowl this year was so boring, there was almost no action in the 1st half. Im glad Steelers won, I won some money ^_^

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
Super Bowl this year was so boring, there was almost no action in the 1st half. Im glad Steelers won, I won some money ^_^

cool yes thumb up

The Steelers won, and I won a fiddy bucks.......which is good cuz I spent about 30 at the bar last night.

football#36 Jerome "The Bus" Bettis (HB)

football#43 Troy Polamalu (SS)

football#85 Nate Washington (WR)

JacopeX
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
Super Bowl this year was so boring, there was almost no action in the 1st half. Im glad Steelers won, I won some money ^_^ I fell asleep when the rollin stones were performin, They so borin, i fell alseep. I wuz so pissed cuz i wanted to stay up to watch the boondocks

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by JacopeX
I fell asleep when the rollin stones were performin, They so borin, i fell alseep. I wuz so pissed cuz i wanted to stay up to watch the boondocks

Seriously, homes! Why the hell were the Stones performing at the Superbowl anyways? Those British vatos probably don't know the first thing about football, much less give a shit.

forumcrew
cool yes thumb up

The Steelers won, and I won a fiddy bucks.......which is good cuz I spent about 30 at the bar last night.

football#36 Jerome "The Bus" Bettis (HB)

football#43 Troy Polamalu (SS)

football#85 Nate Washington (WR)

is that your list of players who did nothing in the superbowl?

DiamondBullets
is that your list of players who did nothing in the superbowl?

Wrong, and that wasn't funny.

Bettis tore it up!

Dont be a hater, just cuz yer a Seacock fan.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by xkalybr
Don't care who won the Superbowl, but IMO, the refs called a very bad game. They favored the Steelers and gave them all the calls.

Daryl Jackson TD in the 1st QT was a TD, but they said offensive pass interference because D. Jackson pushed off. Very iffy and questionable call.

Daryl Jackson caught a 2nd TD and they said he was out of bounds. Tell me anyone, if one foot is in bounds and the other brushes the pile on (orange foam stick in the end zone) isn't that a TD? I thought the pile on being touched meant TD all the time.

Ben Rothesliberger's TD looked like he was stopped on the one yard line. The ball was around his chest area when he was tackled.

Late in the 4th, Pittsburg tackled a Seattle WR with a blatant horse collar tackle. Even Al Michaels said it was a horse collar, and the refs never called it. Two plays later, Hasselbeck threw the INT.

Madden remarked about a holding call against Seattle which was very questionable. Instead of the ball on the 1 yard line, they got pushed back to like the 30 yard line.

I repeat, I don't care who won the game. I'm a Giants fan, but the refs were favoring Pittsburg this game.

Opinions???

I admit that the refs were favoring the steelers in this game but a few points I want to make is Rothlesberger DID make that touchdown.all the ball has to do is cross the plain -which it did and its a touchdown.It doesnt have to cross the blue area.The ball crossed the plain line when Ben was in the air and thats why it was called a touchdown.

I also agree with the refs that Jackson pushed off and they made the right choice calling that pass interference.It clearly showed him shoving him away from him.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Seriously, homes! Why the hell were the Stones performing at the Superbowl anyways? Those British vatos probably don't know the first thing about football, much less give a shit. they fuggin deaf and why the hell are they gonna performe, they really old.

Mr Parker
The only two calls that Seattle got screwed was the Hasslebeck penalty and maybe the holding call.

Please STOP with saying Rothesburger didn't get in. It was impossible to tell.

And maybe if Seattle didn't screw up in the end of both halves and Stevens didn't drop balls in three crucial plays, Seattle wouldn't have lost.

The Raiders got screwed in the tuck rule in the Snow bowl a few years ago but know what. They also had a 3rd and 1 which would've WON the game if they got a first. They couldn't get a measely one yard and lost. They didn't deserve to win the the game which is true for Seattle. Seattle had their chances but blew them- the better team won.

Agreed.Those were really the only two calls that they got screwed on.I agree that the officials did a lousy job of calling the game and seemed to favor the steelers but I agree with doc.The seahawks had opportunitys to overcome those mistakes but did not capitalize on them when they were given those chances.Stevens more than the officials,cost them the game dropping all those crucial passes he should have caught.I think the seattle players should all gang up on Stephens and beat the crap out of him.Great superbowl teams can overcome bad calls like that and seattle isnt quite that great yet.Lets not forget the steelers had that horrible non call go against them in that indy game saying that polamulu did not intercept Mannings pass when the rule books clearly say it should have been an interception.The steelers were able to overcome that horrible call though that could have cost them the game.They had the resiliancy,seattle did not.

Thats also a great point strangelove makes that just like the raiders could not blame that horrible tuck rule call that went against them,god I wanted the raiders to win that game back then against the pats,just like the raiders failed to take advantage of opportuintys in that game to win it like not getting that first down on third and one which would have won the game for them-great point doc,the raiders also blew it in that game by being so conservative,they were deep in the pats territory early in the game on 4th and one and instead of trying a field goal or going for it like Gruden should have,being mr conservative he punts the ball away.Man its the playoffs,you got to go for it. Those missed opportuinitys by the raiders cost them that game,not the bad tuck rule call.Like he said,the raiders did not deserve to win that game which is also true for seattle.The better team won.Aagin if seattle wants to blame someone for this loss,blame stephens and tell Holmgren to trade his sorry butt away for blowing it for them.

forumcrew
Wrong, and that wasn't funny.

Bettis tore it up!

Dont be a hater, just cuz yer a Seacock fan.

his job is to be a short yardage and more importantly goal line back. He couldnt get the job done getting in the endzone from a couple yards out. He is a backup RB, had a great career but had little to do with any championship.

DiamondBullets
Bettis is the man and was a contributor!

and big ups to MVP Ward!!!!

Pezmerga
Bettis didn't do anything really. 14 Rushes for 43 yards , wow 3.07 yards per carry, most of which was picked up after the Seahwaks were screwed out of any chances anyway .Willie Parker was more of a contributor.
Hines Ward is probally the Worst MVP ever, he played horrible. Guy Dropped way too many catches.

Mr. Parker, you have a reputation for not knowing what the hell you are talking about , so i'll just ignore your post.

This is interesting as well.. its Pennsylvania and West Virginia (both states almost down the middle though) Against the World.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=35171

Barker
I didn't bother reading anything in this thread, I was just wondering..

I didn't see Holmgreen after the game. Maybe I blinked. no expression

Was he out there, or did he just go into the locker room?

OB1-adobe
Bettis is the man and was a contributor!

and big ups to MVP Ward!!!!

Obviously your a Steelers fan.

Too bad they "Won"

PINBALL
If I was one of the Hawks players at the end I would give the old finger and a friendly F*@$ you to the officials then dropkick him.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Obviously your a Steelers fan.

Too bad they "Won"

Don't be sore. If that "controversial" TD by Roethlisberger didn't count, the Seacocks still woulda lost. Just cuz you lost 50 bucks to one of your co-workers, doesn't mean it was a questionable win.

darthvader_fan
hey Who here thinks that Hines Ward should have gotten the MVP of the Super Bowl

i think it should have been Troy Palamalu

DiamondBullets
^ yes I wouldn't mind that at all.

Dr. Strangelove
hey Who here thinks that Hines Ward should have gotten the MVP of the Super Bowl

i think it should have been Troy Palamalu

Why? I'm a big fan of Polamalu but he was pretty much a non-factor.

Pezmerga
Don't be sore. If that "controversial" TD by Roethlisberger didn't count, the Seacocks still woulda lost. Just cuz you lost 50 bucks to one of your co-workers, doesn't mean it was a questionable win.

What about the TD the Hawks had a very good chance at on the 1 yard line that got called back to a Phantom Hold...that the Steelers were offsides on anyway? What about the TD that got called back on the Bogus Offensive Pass Interference? What about the no call on the Horse collar. What about the bogus call on Matt Hasselbecks Tackle that put the Steelers into Range for that Trick Play? It's of if you want to Wear your blinders, but the Officals affected the outcome of that game. I'm not trying to necessarily attack the Steelers, but I have a huge Problem with the NFL and it's Officiating at this point. What if the Steelers had been the ones screwed over? I bet you would be upset then.

DiamondBullets
What about the TD the Hawks had a very good chance at on the 1 yard line that got called back to a Phantom Hold...that the Steelers were offsides on anyway? What about the TD that got called back on the Bogus Offensive Pass Interference? What about the no call on the Horse collar. What about the bogus call on Matt Hasselbecks Tackle that put the Steelers into Range for that Trick Play? It's of if you want to Wear your blinders, but the Officals affected the outcome of that game. I'm not trying to necessarily attack the Steelers, but I have a huge Problem with the NFL and it's Officiating at this point. What if the Steelers had been the ones screwed over? I bet you would be upset then.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the officiating. It was fair and perfectly down the middle. Just cuz your team lost: "OH MY GOD!, THE REFS MUSTA SCREWED'EM!" please.......

Smasandian
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the officiating. It was fair and perfectly down the middle. Just cuz your team lost: "OH MY GOD!, THE REFS MUSTA SCREWED'EM!" please.......

Nice answer buddy.
Why dont you answer his questions, instead of retorting with canned bullshit responses.

MVP should of gone to Darrell Jackson. He played an amazing game. Hines Ward was the best player on the Steelers team, but he wasnt that great. He dropped a few passes. (Considering this is the superbowl, and Ward is a very good WR).

Overall, most players on the Steelers played like crap. Give Cowher and his coaches credit for calling a good game.

DiamondBullets
Dude...say for the sake of arguement that Roethlisberger's TD didn't count, ok? It really wouldn't have made a difference. It woulda been a closer game, but the Steelers still woulda won. Everyone likes to knock on the refs, but would YOU do as gooda job? I don't think so. The reason so many "iffy" calls were made, is cuz the Seacocks got caught trying to do dirty shit.

botankus
Congratulations to the Steelers; they worked hard all year for this. While Hines Ward is a great MVP candidate, I thought the MVP award should have gone to Clark Haggans. He had only one sack and five tackles, but he stepped up and stopped the Seahawks on third down on numerous occasions.

Willie Parker's from the city I work in and everyone at work is talking about the kid. I think when he gets a nice contract soon they might want some of that dough, too! Anyways, he's got a ring so he should be pretty easy to spot around town.

If you look at the Randle El toss replay, you'll see Parker streaking down the left sideline wide open. If, for some reason, Ward was covered, El could've thrown to the left and Parker would have had an easy sprint to the end zone. He would have gotten the MVP award easiliy with 2 TD's.

Smasandian
Dude...say for the sake of arguement that Roethlisberger's TD didn't count, ok? It really wouldn't have made a difference. It woulda been a closer game, but the Steelers still woulda won. Everyone likes to knock on the refs, but would YOU do as gooda job? I don't think so. The reason so many "iffy" calls were made, is cuz the Seacocks got caught trying to do dirty shit.

Thats a load of shit.
We're not talking about Big Ben's TD.

We're talking about all the other bad calls.
I'm not going ro repeat on how the Seahawks could of won, because it has been repeated countless times.

Can we do a better job reffing?
Probably not, but its their job to get the calls right, they get trained and paid to do it.
I can just see a welder responsible for welding support joists on a bridge. He is the only person who can do it because he has the qualifications. So if he ****s up welding the joints, and 1000 people die, is a response of this quality," sorry guys, but can you do it better, because I know you cant" allowed? No.
It's called a job. Everybody has a different job and they're experienced, trained and get paid for it, and if they **** up, then its thier fault, no matter if somebody else cant do it.

botankus
Refs hold full-time positions like high school P.E. coach and insurance salesmen. The ref for the Indy/Steelers game was a principal at a Catholic Prep school in California. So no, it's not their "real" job. Maybe you mean the NFL should look into hiring full-time referees...and for that I would agree.

PINBALL
Diamondbullits...
Your head is shoved so far up your own ass that you cant see that the Hawks got cheated out of a Super Bowl win. The were atleast 8 calls that were terrible and they all happened to involve the hawks, seems a little suspicious.

DiamondBullets
Thats a load of shit.
We're not talking about Big Ben's TD.

We're talking about all the other bad calls.
I'm not going ro repeat on how the Seahawks could of won, because it has been repeated countless times.

Can we do a better job reffing?
Probably not, but its their job to get the calls right, they get trained and paid to do it.
I can just see a welder responsible for welding support joists on a bridge. He is the only person who can do it because he has the qualifications. So if he ****s up welding the joints, and 1000 people die, is a response of this quality," sorry guys, but can you do it better, because I know you cant" allowed? No.
It's called a job. Everybody has a different job and they're experienced, trained and get paid for it, and if they **** up, then its thier fault, no matter if somebody else cant do it.

Excellent point. It definately would be the welder's fault, but in the case of the Superbowl, the refs did their job absolutely beautifully!

DiamondBullets
The were atleast 8 calls that were terrible and they all happened to involve the hawks, seems a little suspicious.

No, not at all. It tells me that the Seacocks need:

A. more practice

B. to do a better job of concealing intentionally illegal actions

C. a better coach, instead of some fatass with a mustache who just stands there quietly with a dumb look on his face cuz he knowz he can't do anything to help his sorry team

D (and prolly most likely). ALL OF THE ABOVE

PINBALL
Man ur real mature "Seacocks" were did you steal that one from. This kid needs to just stop making himself look like such a dumbass. Oh wait that might be too much effort.

DiamondBullets
^ Yeah, u gotta point; it is pretty immature.

*clears throat* but that doesn't change the fact that they lost fairly, made themselves look like a college team in the process, and put money in my pocket. cool

DiamondBullets
No, not at all. It tells me that the Seahawks need:

A. more practice

B. to do a better job of concealing intentionally illegal actions

C. a better coach, instead of some fatass with a mustache who just stands there quietly with a dumb look on his face cuz he knowz he can't do anything to help his sorry team

D (and prolly most likely). ALL OF THE ABOVE

I edited SeaHAWKS specially, just for PINBALL.

PINBALL
Did you actually watch the game, or watch ANY of the commentators(not steeler fan commentators) they all say it was very poor officiating. You made money ok but the Hawks had the Super Bowl Stolen from them.

DiamondBullets
Did you actually watch the game, or watch ANY of the commentators(not steeler fan commentators) they all say it was very poor officiating. You made money ok but the Hawks had the Super Bowl Stolen from them.

Yes, and appearantly they had biases. Or maybe they had money on the Hawks. Ya never know.

"the Hawks ha the Super Bowl Stolen from them."

^ erm now, now.....

Say those 8 "BS" calls were never made: do you honestly think Seattle woulda won??? C'mon! Even if I wasn't a Steeler fan, there's no way in hell I woulda bet on the Hawks.

PINBALL
Yes they would have won 2 TDS were stolen from them which lead to Steelers TDs if this was a fair game I guarentee the Hawks would have won

Pezmerga
You are a freaking homer with blinders on. If those calls were against the Steelers you would be upset too. ALso the Seahawks aren't my team, not even close. My team is the Bengals. My second favorite team is the Colts, and yeas you guys were getting the short end of the stick in that game too and I would have been upset if the Colts came back and won that way. Why dont you try looking at the game unbiasedly. Sure the Hawks played horrible at the end, but wouldn't you be a little less motivated after watching the Refs just destroy your chances over and over.

Yes, and appearantly they had biases. Or maybe they had money on the Hawks. Ya never know.

"the Hawks ha the Super Bowl Stolen from them."

^ erm now, now.....

Say those 8 "BS" calls were never made: do you honestly think Seattle woulda won??? C'mon! Even if I wasn't a Steeler fan, there's no way in hell I woulda bet on the Hawks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=35171

It's not just Hawks fans. If those BS calls were never made, and Ill give you the BEN TD cuz that was too close anyway, The game would have been totally different. It would have most likely been 24-21 Seahawks, and thats saying that the Steelers got enough yard to do that trick play for the TD (which was helped by the horrible call on Hasselbecks Tackle, Which was after the Interception he threw a few plays later after that phantom holding call that would have had the hawks on the 1, not ot mention the Steelers were offsides anyway, and were holding all day long and they got away with alot worse.). Honestly I don't Care that much who wins, but I care as a football fan to see a fair game. I realize the Steelers were meant to be there, they earned the right to be there, but still, give both teams a chance. Refs never should decide the outcome. Believe what you want, but when the same happens to pittsburgh dont cry then.

Smasandian
Refs hold full-time positions like high school P.E. coach and insurance salesmen. The ref for the Indy/Steelers game was a principal at a Catholic Prep school in California. So no, it's not their "real" job. Maybe you mean the NFL should look into hiring full-time referees...and for that I would agree.

I agree also. But it's unrealistic.
They dont get paid alot and its seasonal work. Unless NFL increases the wages or pays per year, instead for half a year, refs need other sources of income.

But my point is that just because its not thier "real" job, doesnt mean that they cant get blame for it. They're paid to ref a game fairly and during the Superbowl, they made a few critical mistakes. (I'm not going to say they meant to give it to the Steelers)
The officiating was bad because most of bad calls came up at very critical times.

I like how hockey does the officiating in the playoffs. They let the teams battle and not call every single infraction.

DiamondBullets
You are a freaking homer with blinders on.

big grin I won't deny that.

My team is the Bengals.

laughing laughing laughing I can't believe you actually admitted that!

Pezmerga
big grin I won't deny that.

laughing laughing laughing I can't believe you actually admitted that!

Whatever It's clear you are ignorant and i'm not even read your posts from here on out.

DiamondBullets
big grin ^ My bad

It's not just Hawks fans. If those BS calls were never made, and Ill give you the BEN TD cuz that was too close anyway, The game would have been totally different. It would have most likely been 24-21 Seahawks, and thats saying that the Steelers got enough yard to do that trick play for the TD (which was helped by the horrible call on Hasselbecks Tackle, Which was after the Interception he threw a few plays later after that phantom holding call that would have had the hawks on the 1, not ot mention the Steelers were offsides anyway, and were holding all day long and they got away with alot worse.). Honestly I don't Care that much who wins, but I care as a football fan to see a fair game. I realize the Steelers were meant to be there, they earned the right to be there, but still, give both teams a chance. Refs never should decide the outcome. Believe what you want, but when the same happens to pittsburgh dont cry then.

I agree, that it woulda been about a 3 to 4 point difference, but not in the Seahawks favor. The zebras really didn't like Hasslebeck that night, I know. In a way, it kinda remined me of when Gannon threw the Superbowl in '03. I could swore the mafia put a hit on him, cuz he was obviously shaving numbers----maybe the refs had a conditional hit?

I think the amount of interceptions in this year's Superbowl were horrible. That one, when the Hawks intercepted near the endzone, and made a good return had me shitting bricks. I coulda swore they had a TD. If the refs pulled there glasses outta their asses and actually wore them, then it wouldn'ta been as biased, it def. woulda ended with point difference of less than six. No doubt.

Pezmerga
big grin ^ My bad

I agree, that it woulda been about a 3 to 4 point difference, but not in the Seahawks favor. The zebras really didn't like Hasslebeck that night, I know. In a way, it kinda remined me of when Gannon threw the Superbowl in '03. I could swore the mafia put a hit on him, cuz he was obviously shaving numbers----maybe the refs had a conditional hit?

I think the amount of interceptions in this year's Superbowl were horrible. That one, when the Hawks intercepted near the endzone, and made a good return had me shitting bricks. I coulda swore they had a TD. If the refs pulled there glasses outta their asses and actually wore them, then it wouldn'ta been as biased, it def. woulda ended with point difference of less than six. No doubt.
Thanks, Im not saying the Steelers wouldnt have won, but obviously the game would have ended differently. Both teams would have played differently as well. I think we were robbed of a good superbowl.

Being a Bengals fan isn't that bad by the way =P. I'm still proud that a AFC North Team brought home the Lombardi, Cuz it really is the whole season's reward. I knew the winner of the Bengals/Steelers game would have a strong playoff run.

botankus

When you file that complaint, please tell Bill Belichick that he needs to give the ring back for Super Bowl XXXVI, for it's obvious that they wouldn't have won if it weren't for the "Tuck Rule," according to this logic. There won't be any "dynasty," either, considering they are now going to have hand over the Lamar Hunt Trophy to the Raiders after you write your letter.

Maybe the league can mail the Seahawks a cardboard cut-out Lombardi Trophy that says "Super Bowl Champs" written in Sharpie at the top. Then, they can show it off (weather permitting, of course, because cardboard will ruin in rain) for their three fans during a one-block parade next week.

botankus

Pezmerga

Smasandian
When you file that complaint, please tell Bill Belichick that he needs to give the ring back for Super Bowl XXXVI, for it's obvious that they wouldn't have won if it weren't for the "Tuck Rule," according to this logic. There won't be any "dynasty," either, considering they are now going to have hand over the Lamar Hunt Trophy to the Raiders after you write your letter.

Maybe the league can mail the Seahawks a cardboard cut-out Lombardi Trophy that says "Super Bowl Champs" written in Sharpie at the top. Then, they can show it off (weather permitting, of course, because cardboard will ruin in rain) for their three fans during a one-block parade next week.

I had a really good joke about how they dont play superbowls in the rain, but I misread it. Ah crap.
I still think Bettis is old. (Sorry)

forumcrew
for their three fans during a one-block parade next week.

seattle is said to have the loudest stadium next to maybe arrowhead only.. and has perhaps the best homefield advantage due to it in the league...

by the way i dont think its a conspiracy theory, pitt did nothing wrong, but the reffing was poor as it was all season if they were too go back and correct the superbowl calls theyd need to go back all season and the same teams wouldnt even be in the playoffs.. the refs flat out sucked all year and capped it off in the superbowl.

Smasandian
Yeah, especially if the team is from the East like Buffalo, or New England. That's a long flight to get to Seattle.

But nothing beats Arrowhead. I also like watching Seahawks games because they play in rain and on grass, so its all muddy and shit. Really fun to watch. Another reason why I hate the Superbowl being played in warmer states. It's stupid, football is meant to be played in the bad weather.

BobbyD
Indeed, Smasandian. For once, I'd like to see the Super Bowl played in an outdoor cold weather city.

The main reason they can't though is because it would take away from the half time show. sad

botankus
I concur, I'd like to see one in a real football stadium in cold temperatures.

Only problem, the teams wouldn't stop bitching about it, especially if the "home" team was from Florida or Arizona...err, that last one's not gonna happen.

Smasandian
I concur, I'd like to see one in a real football stadium in cold temperatures.

Only problem, the teams wouldn't stop bitching about it, especially if the "home" team was from Florida or Arizona...err, that last one's not gonna happen.

Yeah, its also unfair to teams with outdoor stadiums like the Giants, Bills, New England that they can never have the superbowl.

Naysayers say that's it unfair to have teams play in non optimal conditions. Botankus hit it on the head with teams from Florida and Arizona (dude, its Denis Green, he's so awesome in the playoffs)

Im sorry, but that's bullshit.

It's okay to have them play in the playoffs in snow and ice, but as soon as they reach the superbowl, they cant?

wuTa
yes!, i'm with you guys on that one, i was thinking that chicago would be an awesome place for the superbowl...its an open stadium in an awesome sports city, but no, these pricks in the NFL have set it up for domes and the places where they do have open stadiums are florida, and arizona, and L.A..in fact i think the next 3 superbowls are in miami, phoenix, than tampa bay, yea phoenix, because when i think of football, i think of the dessert no expression

Smasandian
Yeah, they're is only a few place where they can have a superbowl.

I dont like it because its not fair to the cities that live in winter. Why shut them out of soo much money because of a stupid ideal that you need ideal conditions to play a game in.

Look at the Grey Cup (CFL), they play in November and sometimes its cold, snowy or anything.
Probably the best game ive seen was Toronto and Edmonton in Hamilton (city beside Toronto). The whole area was blanketed in snow, making the game awesome to watch.

PINBALL
Why when it gets to the Super Bowl it has to be sunny but any other time of the season it could be raining shit and they'll still play so I think any stadium should be able to host the Super Bowl.

Mr Parker

Hell yeah they would still have lost.The seahawks if they want to blame anybody for their defeat,they should be pissed at stephens because he dropped two critical passes that would have turned the game in their favor if he had caught those.Also if the seahawks really want to balme anybody they should also blame holmgren because he made some very questionable and conservative play calling decisions towards BOTH the end of the first half and towards the end of the game where if he had not been so conservative running the ball in the final two minutes of the game,the game could have turned out differently.so the hawks cant blame it all on the refs,they had their chances to win it but they blew it plain and simple.

and that would be you smasdina who doesnt know what they are talking about and knows very little about football so I will return the favor and ignore your posts as well.you live in denial that peyton manning choked big time. laughing laughing stick out tongue

Mr Parker

Dude are you trying to be funny? it was not fair at all.But the seahawks were poor losers blaming the ofiicials for not winning the game.They could have won the game if stephens had not dropped two crucial passes that would have made a difference in the game probably and if they had not been so conservative in their play calling at the ends of the half running the ball when they should have been passing.the refs made some horrible calls against the seahawks but unlike the steelers did when they overcame some horrible calls that went against them in the colts game,they were able to overcome them because they had resiliancy unlike the seahawks.

forumcrew
you realise you just made 2 posts that were almost indetical 7 minutes a part, for a thread almost a month old.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>