Super Questions for a noob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Kal El
HEy guys I was just wondering where I'd be able to find a detailed history of Superman including his main storylines and how he has around 10 different forms. Anyway i have some questions

What is the whole pre-crisis superman? what was the crisis?

How close does Clark have to be to Kyrptonite to feel sick / lose powers? Can the smallest piece kill him?
sick
Wouldnt all the Kyrptonians have been affected by the green Kyrptonite rock on thier planet because it came from the remains of thier planet or was it concealed in the ground and therefore didnt affect them?

Does Supes ever kill Lex Luthor? or seriously injure him? I watch smallville so I wonder if Lex still things of Clark as his old friend?
evil face

Although I heard Smallville is all Canon so ?

Thanx confused

John Bak'or
hmm i dunno about the crisis part but i dont think hes killed lex

((The_Anomaly))
"What is the whole pre-crisis superman? what was the crisis?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman

This explains a good deal about Superman Pre and Post-Crisis. But basically Pre-Crisis Superman was so absurdly powerful it was dumb. So dumb that they changed him (depowerd him, a LOT) after Crisis on Infinite Earths (which is what 'Crisis' means) He was more reasonably powerful. Clark on Smallville is Post-Crisis just so you know. (as are all Superman versions currently).

"How close does Clark have to be to Kyrptonite to feel sick / lose powers? Can the smallest piece kill him?"

Well this is a tricky question to answer. All Kryptonite hurts him. But latley he has been building up a level of resistance to Kryptonite (in the Comics). So currently, I'd say that a small amount of it simply hurts him or slows him down. It'd take a good size rock to cause him any serious harm by itself. And killing him would take even more, with just the Kryptonite alone.

"Wouldnt all the Kyrptonians have been affected by the green Kyrptonite rock on their planet because it came from the remains of their planet or was it concealed in the ground and therefore didnt affect them?"

Kryptonite is actually radioactive pieces of Krypton itself after is blew up. So if it did exist before Kryptons destruction it would not be very potent. Although I doubt it did exist before hand. As well. It only effects Super powered Kryptonians as far as I know. (meaning only under a yellow sun would it effect them)

"Does Supes ever kill Lex Luthor? or seriously injure him? I watch smallville so I wonder if Lex still things of Clark as his old friend?"

As far as I know, Supes has never killed Lex, he's still alive and well.

And Smallville is very different in terms of Canon when compared to current comics. (most of them). I'm pretty certain that in the comics Lex and Clark did not have such (if any) a close relationship in their Younger days. Nor did Clark meet Lois until he moved to Metropolis.

Hope that helps a little.

Jack Daniels
wikipedia is good... superman homepage website.. reading about everyone in his universe pretty much will tell you all about everything superman....just google youll find everything and more...lol

Super Kal El
Ok thanx heaps for answering guys, And I forgot about google thought it would have been easier to ask the true fans, thanx again

Bazrox
As well. It only effects Super powered Kryptonians as far as I know. (meaning only under a yellow sun would it effect them)
Kryptonite can harm Kryptonians whether they are powered or not. In Byrne's Man of Steel reboot, there was a mention of Kryptonians suffering from Kryptonite radiation before the planet blew up.

Super Kal El
That chnages alot Bazrox, my views and suspcions about Kyrptonite anyway thanx for your info

Magee
I can see your'e a Smallville fan, its a good show but don't get it confused with the comics, its not canon.

NPC
Actually superman has killed Lex Luthor but only in a Alternate Universe setting. Like in the JLA cartoon. He melts him with his heat vision, they dont show it but you clearly get the idea.

The Ion
Lex and Clark did have a friendship as teenagers since Birthright is current continuity but they weren't nearly as friendly as in Smallville. Clark was just the only guy who wasn't a jerk towards Lex.

NoFate007
Originally posted by NPC
Actually superman has killed Lex Luthor but only in a Alternate Universe setting. Like in the JLA cartoon. He melts him with his heat vision, they dont show it but you clearly get the idea.

You'd think Superman, one of the biggest cheeseballs out there, would do something a little less horrendous to kill him, such as snap his neck real fast or do something quick and painless. Nah, instead, he MELTS someone lol. There ya go Clark, now you're using your powers correctly smile

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Super Kal El
HEy guys I was just wondering where I'd be able to find a detailed history of Superman including his main storylines and how he has around 10 different forms. Anyway i have some questions

What is the whole pre-crisis superman? what was the crisis?

How close does Clark have to be to Kyrptonite to feel sick / lose powers? Can the smallest piece kill him?
sick
Wouldnt all the Kyrptonians have been affected by the green Kyrptonite rock on thier planet because it came from the remains of thier planet or was it concealed in the ground and therefore didnt affect them?

Does Supes ever kill Lex Luthor? or seriously injure him? I watch smallville so I wonder if Lex still things of Clark as his old friend?
evil face

Although I heard Smallville is all Canon so ?
Smallville is BS, or at least, it gets Lex ALL wrong! He grew up in Suicidde Slum, a poor backstreet kid, with Perry White! OK? Superman and Lex= Never Friends, always foes!
Thanx confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.