CIA flights out of Europe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
The European Council alleges that the CIA runs secret prisons abroad where suspects are interrogated without reference to international law, subjected to extra-judicial detention and torture.

Suspects - Muslims kidnapped off Europen Stretts (Thus violating a countries Sovereignity and legal process ) - are boarded on planes and transferred out of Europe to other countries where the US may run interrogations without regard to International Laws.

European countries have allowed these aircraft to land, refuel and take off from their territory.
Under international law and standrds, all States must co-operate to bring to an end any serious breach of the prohibition of torture and other peremptory rules in disregard to international law.

They must also refrain from aiding or assisting those carrying out such breaches.

US deny that prisoners are being tortured.

Arachnoidfreak
Of course they deny it. If the government could pull it off they'd still be forcefeeding us crap about WMDs in Iraq. Bush claims his spying was actually legal because it was in a time of war or some stupid garbage like that. They're scum.

Koala MeatPie
Old News.

But I wouldn't be surprised.

Darth Jello
torture by proxy has been going on for at least 60 years anyway.

GCG
And whats worrying is that Europe knew about it and are now pretending that they were not aware.

Here's the link :https://dhs.riigikantselei.ee/ELdocs.nsf/e4053b6b4c0cc4d0c2256d12003fe6c4/6F8F7D053FEC3768C2256DD5005E1A92/$File/st05762.en03.pdf

Stealth Agent
europes not gonna do anything about it anyway pansies

Imagawa666
There terrorists who cares about torture

PVS
Originally posted by Imagawa666

translation: "they are terrorists, so who cares if they are tortured?"

so let me get this correct... if you are a terror suspect, you are automatically a terrorist? is that it?

Capt_Fantastic
I understand that this has been going on for years, but it still confuses me.

What's the point? I'm sure there are people inside the US military/government that are willing to do this in US facilities. Why go to netural ground to commit atrocities? You'd think that all possible angles could be better covered in a US facility.

The bottom line however, is that torture policies are only valid on paper and in night-time news sound bites. While it is easy to condemn the practice of torture for political or reasons of moral superiority, but the bottom line is that it is effective. What other way is there to go about getting information from a prisoner? Be they wrongfully accused or not. Terrorists, gangsters, police and governments all know this simple fact.

So, the debate over torture is one that is apparent. It shouldn't even be discussed in the modern world. However, it is an inevitable as death and taxes. The really sad part is that even torture doesn't guarentee the validity of information provided by a prisoner.

ElectricBugaloo
Originally posted by Imagawa666
So we shoudl sink down to their level? We should show the rest of the world that we are as bad as the terrorists? That sounds like a great plan...

It's dumb, shortsighted, bigoted attitudes like this that make Americans so unpopular worldwide.

As for the actual story, it is that the Council of Europe issued a report about the issue, saying that it was almost impossible that the European countries did not know what was going on.

overlord
The government must do its best to be as much like the terrorists.
That way, nobody can see the difference. Wouldn't that be funny!!!!!

Darth Jello
Torture's a horribly inefficient way to interrogate someone anyway, the military and intelligence services are just run by people who would otherwise be institutionalized.

GCG
Just to be sure:

I never mentioned the word 'terrorist'. I said suspects. I also said muslim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.