Question about No man's land

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I was looking about getting the trade paperbacks of this.

But I got the impression that it was not a straight reprint from the comics.

Is that true?

Knightfall93
Yep. It's written by guys just summing up and stuff... but I read volume 1 and loved it... the dark gritty feel and the cool murderous "tribal" warfare!

Knightfall93
But it skips Oracle hooking upo with Dick

Jamaican
I have a question but it would obviously need to be answered by someone who has read the comic, so if you haven't, and you plan on reading it, don't read anymore..

SPOILER

At Sarah's funeral, Gordom asks Batman 'was it worth it', what exactly is he referring to?? Is he referring to him catching the Joker? To him being @ the funeral of his dead wife? No Man's Land in itself??

Thanks,

Matt

Knightfall93
I think Jim meant the whole NML thing... "was it worth staying because I lost so much" kinda thing...

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, knightfall93 is correct

If you can get the original comics is better. However if you'd wish to read the novel book rather than the trade paperbacks is more practical:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671774557/qid=1138562532/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-4664639-5792718?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Gregory
The trade paperback's are just the comics bound together. If you look inside the first page, or thereabouts, you can even see which comics are collected in each trade. It's true that they leave some comics out--none of the Nightwing, Azrael, or Robin comics are included, for example (Azrael's Cataclysm issue wasn't included in that TPB, either; poor guy gets no love), but the issues you need to understand the story are all there (as opposed to the Knightfall series, where they didn't bother to include the issue where Azrael lets someone die, therefore making parts of the story border-line incomprehensible for people who weren't already familiar with it). Are people confusing the trades with the novelezation?

The only trades I know that aren't straight reprints are the Murder/Fugative trades, where messed aroung to try to fix some of the continuity problems that series had.

Knightfall93
No, the NML graphic novels are all by 1 guy, or a few guys summing up many guys' story!

Gregory
I'm sorry, but no. It even says so right in the trades. I'm looking at Volume One here, for example. The first few issues are written by Bob Gale (from Batman, I think); then there's the Scarecrow story, which came from Shadow of the Bat and is written by Devin Grayson. I don't know where the first story in volume 2 is from, but it's written by Ian Edginton, then Greg Rucka, then Lisa Klink ... and that's only two volumes into the five volume series. I think I must be misunderstanding you ...?

Knightfall93
Sorry, someone told me wrong...

OB1-adobe
I don't suppose someone could tell me all of the issues that comprise 'Road to no mans land' and 'no mans land'

Even some of the crossovers to other titles. Like how knightfall went on to Robin, catwoman, showcase etc....

On a side note I can't believe I just got the full collection of Hush on Ebay for as cheap as I did.

Knightfall93
How much was ebay Hush?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Knightfall93
How much was ebay Hush?

$30

P.s

You wouldn't happen to know the issues of no man's land would ya?

Knightfall93
Try looking at www.thebatsquad.org or .net...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.